Ever found Packer merch in random stores?

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure under what other sub-forum to put this under so I guess here it goes unless a mod moves it.

Anyways...
Have you ever found a piece of Packers merchandise in just a random store, outside of Wisconsin?

I live in San Diego, California and about five minutes a way is the Naval Harbor. I am from a Navy family so I can get into the base, and they have a retail store within the base, like Target or Walmart - except they sell very nice things and no produce as theirs a grocery store next to it. Anyhow onto the topic, I was looking around the men's department and they sell absolutely no NFL items, not even Charger jerseys or anything like shirts that have the logos on em or anything and I happen to see this in the store, and only one of em.

Green Bay Packers Green-Black Super Bowl XLV Champions Commemorative Cotton Twill Full-Button Jacket

Anyone ever had a similar encounter with just seemingly random merchandise in the place you'd least expect it?

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have always had Packers gear in my local Walmart in SoCal. It's so random....it's like Chargers, Raiders, and Packers.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Wish you didn't throw the "outside of Wisconsin" qualifier in there. :icon_lol:

Because I literally know of a gas station where I can go get an authentic stitched numbers ARod jersey for like 80 bucks.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
and that gas station prob got it from one of those over season web sites for $40

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
and that gas station prob got it from one of those over season web sites for $40

Indeed. And that's why I laugh whenever I see people looking at them.

They must sell, though, because I've noticed a few missing jerseys from what they used to have.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Here in Dallas at Bed Bath and Beyond, as I was leaving they had a Packers Blanket for sale. I thought, weird place to see that. Went back a few days later for some other stuff and figured I'd buy it, but it had sold already.

Another time I was driving past the "Cowboy Central" store (all Cowboys related gear) and out front before the SB they had a HUGE blowup Packers football player. Kind of funny to see the Packer inflatable in front of the Dallas Cowboy store in Dallas. But, whatever sells. I doubt that store made a whole lot of money this year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's cool whenever I see an ad for NFL stuff in a catalog or whatever and the Packers is one of the teams featured.
Like they might have "Cowboys, Steelers, Pats, Packers" as the teams showing.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You could find all kinds of Packer stuff all over Biloxi Mississippi, and some places in New Orleans back in the 90's and early 2000's. I haven't been through there since Katrina, so i don't know if they still sell their merchandise.

OP
OP
ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wish you didn't throw the "outside of Wisconsin" qualifier in there. :icon_lol:

Because I literally know of a gas station where I can go get an authentic stitched numbers ARod jersey for like 80 bucks.
That is pretty interesting, I don't think I've come across anything like that for the Chargers here in San Diego.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here in Dallas at Bed Bath and Beyond, as I was leaving they had a Packers Blanket for sale. I thought, weird place to see that. Went back a few days later for some other stuff and figured I'd buy it, but it had sold already.

Another time I was driving past the "Cowboy Central" store (all Cowboys related gear) and out front before the SB they had a HUGE blowup Packers football player. Kind of funny to see the Packer inflatable in front of the Dallas Cowboy store in Dallas. But, whatever sells. I doubt that store made a whole lot of money this year.

I bet they did ok on their Dallas stuff, people need cleaning rags too...

cakoski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could give the opposite example. Over xmas I back in WI, and at the Ripon K-mart with all the Packer, Bear, and Cowboy stuff was Buffalo Bill winter jackets. And there was not just one, there was like 6 or 7. That one confused me.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will sometimes kill time in an antique store and stumble across early 90s packer stuff. Its makes me wonder how long people hang onto stuff. Like who keeps packers beef jerky for years?

Members online

Latest posts