European Packers Fan

greenbeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I'm Sven a 25 yr old student from Germany. Never been a great fan of sport and had no idea of football unitl I watched my first superbowl in 2007 (the one where the Bears lost:p), and somehow the game fascinated me. At first I didn't understand what was going on but the longer I watched the more i figured it out. The next days and weeks I started to read everything I could find about football to get a deeper understanding of the positions, formations etc... The more I knew the more i began to love the game, the combination of absolute precision, elegance and heavy hits and fights in the trenches. Sadly the superbowl was and still is the only game of the season that is shown in german televsision so I couldn't follow football as close as i wanted. Until the 2010 sesason, when I figured out how to watch the games via Internet. With this new opportunity I decided that it would be more fun to cheer for a certain team. Because I don't had any personal connection to a certain city or state in the US I decided to do some research on every team in the NFL. When I read about the Packers with their history, Lambeau, Lombardie, Bart Starr, Favre etc..., the small town of Greenbay, all the shareholders, I knew my search was over. It was love on the first sight.
I hope I can share my thougts about the packers and football here with other fans around the world and learn even more about this wonderful game of Football.

p.s. the post became longer then i thought, sorry:oops:

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome greenbeard!

Sounds like you fell in love with the Packers for some of the same reasons all of us did! You picked a great team to cheer for! Don't be afraid to comment on some of the message board topics we have around here, or ask us any questions you have about the sport or the Packers, we'd be glad to help.

Members online

Latest posts