ESPN reports possible trade for Marion Barber

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I couldnt tell if that was a joke or not... Maybe because Anthony Smith is a nobody, and a band-aid, not a game changing running back...

Point is no one saw this coming...But twist the story to fit your agenda

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that would be a nice pick-up
but?
Mike McCarthy would never put him in there until he knows all the blitz-pickups..
look at Nance......poor guy has 2 carries in 4 weeks
and it took 7 or 8 weeks for Ryan Grant to finally get some carries when he was traded 2 us.

1) Why not have Barber pound the ball and Jackson pickup the blitz?

2) Are you sure Nance isn't playing because he's just not that good? You're giving a lot of credit to a guy with no track record.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a feeling some last minute deals were going to go down!!! I think he's gonna sign him and I would hope if he does, he uses him. I'm not going to get my hopes up for a big running game even with the acquisition. That is IF he has the balls to pull the trigger on this.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1) Why not have Barber pound the ball and Jackson pickup the blitz?

2) Are you sure Nance isn't playing because he's just not that good? You're giving a lot of credit to a guy with no track record.

Grant didnt get but 3 carries from week one till week 8 or 9

So dont just assume the worse

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant didnt get but 3 carries from week one till week 8 or 9

So dont just assume the worse

In his first year with the Packers, Grant started 7 games and appeared in 15 games. He ended up with 188 carries that year. This will be Week 7. Nance has been on the team since between Week 1 and Week 2. The guy has two carries and has been non-existent.

Not to mention, he's behind Brandon Jackson and John Kuhn. He doesn't exactly have to beat out future Hall of Fame candidates for carries.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For as bad as we've performed, I really think the winner of this MIN/GB game is in great position to win this division. I just can't see the Bears winning it or even seeing Cutler make it out of the season alive ... that OL is horrible and god forbid an injury to Kruetz.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Point is no one saw this coming...But twist the story to fit your agenda

I wasnt trying to say that, just stating that there would be a lot more buzz around a guy like Marion Barber because a bigger deal would take more deliberation, rather than a guy like Smith getting swapped for a late conditional pick..

Reaction score
I agree that would be a nice pick-up
but?
Mike McCarthy would never put him in there until he knows all the blitz-pickups..
look at Nance......poor guy has 2 carries in 4 weeks
and it took 7 or 8 weeks for Ryan Grant to finally get some carries when he was traded 2 us.

Im pretty sure he was traded in the middle of the season.

OP
OP
P

packers1517

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main thing is I would like to just have someone with some experience in the backfield that can maybe make something happen. Our 3rd down conversions may profit from Barber being back there.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought this was the most likely of all the potential Packer pickups. When the rumor was going we where interested in Lynch and DeAngelo Williams, I went and picked up Barber for my fantasy team. Hope Ted makes the move for at least the sake of my fantasy team.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When's the trade deadline? Does anybody know?
The National Football League's deadline is the Tuesday following the sixth week of the regular season, which typically falls in mid-October. However, there is fairly little activity on this day and almost no star players are ever dealt to other clubs on the sixth week of the season.
Of the players who are dealt, usually they are wide receivers or defensive players so it is easier for them to learn the playbook.

which is tomorrow

or try this:

http:\\JustGoogleItYourself.AndDontWasteOtherPeoplesTime.U.Lazy.Bastxxx.com

OP
OP
P

packers1517

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this story just posted, so this thing is up and down as usual.

dallascowboys.com /news/news.cfm?id=C1B0ABB3-950F-14D4-B345542F90DC6AA4

Back Rotation
Phillips reiterated that Marion Barber would remain the starting running back despite Felix Jones' heavier carry total for the second straight game.
"They're both really important to us," Phillips said. "I just don't see any reason to change it."
Jones had 14 carries for 32 yards against the Vikings. Working primarily on third down, Barber had 10 carries for 31 yards and converted all four of his short-yardage attempts. He has also been used as a fourth-quarter closer with a lead. "It's different situations," Phillips said. "If we were ahead at the end of the game there, you'd see Marion run it a lot."

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The National Football League's deadline is the Tuesday following the sixth week of the regular season, which typically falls in mid-October. However, there is fairly little activity on this day and almost no star players are ever dealt to other clubs on the sixth week of the season.
Of the players who are dealt, usually they are wide receivers or defensive players so it is easier for them to learn the playbook.

which is tomorrow

or try this:

http:\\JustGoogleItYourself.AndDontWasteOtherPeoplesTime.U.Lazy.Bastxxx.com
I didn't want to waste my own time googling it. :p

I was hoping someone knew off the top of their head.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this story just posted, so this thing is up and down as usual.

dallascowboys.com /news/news.cfm?id=C1B0ABB3-950F-14D4-B345542F90DC6AA4

Back Rotation
Phillips reiterated that Marion Barber would remain the starting running back despite Felix Jones' heavier carry total for the second straight game.
"They're both really important to us," Phillips said. "I just don't see any reason to change it."
Jones had 14 carries for 32 yards against the Vikings. Working primarily on third down, Barber had 10 carries for 31 yards and converted all four of his short-yardage attempts. He has also been used as a fourth-quarter closer with a lead. "It's different situations," Phillips said. "If we were ahead at the end of the game there, you'd see Marion run it a lot."
To be expected even if he is on the trading block. If Phillips said "we don't really need him, I hope we can get something in trade value for him." Nope, saying what he said will help command the best trade value. Which doesn't help Wade any, but the next Cowboy coach may find it useful.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't want to waste my own time googling it. :p

I was hoping someone knew off the top of their head.
:)

By the way, I do get the chicken imitation thingy. I can't imagine why they cancelled Arrested Development.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
:)

By the way, I do get the chicken imitation thingy. I can't imagine why they cancelled Arrested Development.
Because people are dumb and watch crappy shows. And shows that are brilliant, like AD, go unwatched. Makes me sad.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Marion Barber discussion....

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Please....you really think Barber is the solution? I dont fink fo...
Guys, we can't fix the whole team all at once. The RB position isn't THE problem but it is A problem. I don't see why it's such a problem for us if we address it.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although a big factor is the asking price. I think just as big of a factor is how well James Starks practiced today. Any update on how well James Starks practiced today?

Status
Not open for further replies.