ESPN REPORTS Belichick wins AP COACH OF THE YEAR

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BULL SH*T...ESPN REPORTS Belichick wins AP COACH OF THE YEAR

I really think the 16-0 was the deciding factor if this is true. If NE would have stumbled 1 time, I think the award would have gone to McCarthy, Crennel, or possibly DelRio - and of the 3 I would have chosen McCarthy(of course I have a little bias).

OP
OP
P

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Granted 16-0 is a huge acomplishment, but with "spy-gate" and the fact that NE was loaded.....

I mean the same people that vote on this were saying Brett was too old and the rest were untalented and had no experience...I mean if Mike did that with an old man at QB and a bunch of no-namers...should mean something to them.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't care what he accomplished this year. The cheating should have automaticaly removed him from any awards this season.

This is what other coaches should aspire too?

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would of had McCarthy and Gibbs. Even with the silly double timeout call, it is amazing how Gibbs got his team on track after losing Sean Taylor.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NE went undefeated. You can't not reward that. Spygate is a cherry on top if you ask me. Despite all that controversy, they beat everybody.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: BULL SH*T...ESPN REPORTS Belichick wins AP COACH OF THE YEAR

NE went undefeated. You can't not reward that. Spygate is a cherry on top if you ask me. Despite all that controversy, they beat everybody.

Beating everyone it their reward. He should not have been eligible for any award. You don't award a cheat.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Danreb said:

Beating everyone it their reward. He should not have been eligible for any award. You don't award a cheat.
Like i said in another thread.........the old saying "cheaters never win" just got thrown out the window. So much for trying to teach kids NOT to cheat.
What incentive is there for people to follow the rules, if in the end they get the awards anyway?
Hopefully WE can get the award that matters most.....the Lombardi trophy!

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow. This is some serious BS. Packers improved from a non-playoff team to a 13-3 record. They don't have several HOFs on their team. They don't have Moss/Brady. They didn't CHEAT.

Shady Brady and Bill Bellicheat. The fact that they went 16-0 apparently minimized any debate that otherwise would have taken place. They're the least impressive undefeated team... if that's even possible.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can see someone thinking that MM should have got it. But I dont know how you can argue against someone who went 16 and 0. Explain how that can be beaten...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Depends on what the stipulations of being Coach of the year are.

If its based on best record, Bill.
If its based on doing the most with the least, Mike.

My opinion ^^^

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

McCarthy did an amazing job this year, but there have been plenty of rags to riches teams ( John Fox, Carolina Panthers 1-15 to SB in 2 years) or 13-3 teams before...never has there been a 16-0 reg. sesaon team though, AND they took everyone's best shot for 16 weeks and still came out on top.

I detest that team as much as anyone here, but I don't disagree with their coach being nominated for the award.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

its all part of the NFLs plan.

Build up the hate for the Patriots.. then send the league hero out on top by beating the world wide hated Patriots...

genius marketing if you ask me.

The old, thought to be washed up Gunslinger steps into the arena to take on the unbeatables. The same team that beat every regular season opponent. The QB that won the MVP. The best of receivers. The coach that cheated his way to coach of the year. The safety accused of steroid use. Then with one mighty thrash of his golden arm the Gunslinger takes them all down. Then retires off into the sunset.

you couldnt script it any better. do you know how much marketing they would get off that story line. $$$

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Bill Billicheat - 2007 Coach of the Year. *

enff said.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I detest that team as much as anyone here, but I don't disagree with their coach being nominated for the award.

I don't know, would they allow a drug cheat to win a player of the year award within the same season? Isn't that the Shawne Merriman rule?

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Screw Belichick. Screw the Patriots, and the Packers will do so too when they get in the SB. Someone better do some spying on those cheats.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

musccy said:

I don't know, would they allow a drug cheat to win a player of the year award within the same season? Isn't that the Shawne Merriman rule?

I'm not saying I care for the pats, nor do I condone spygate, but they won 15 straight after the incident, and likely would have beat the jets even w/out spying.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: BULL SH*T...ESPN REPORTS Belichick wins AP COACH OF THE

Depends on what the stipulations of being Coach of the year are.

If its based on best record, Bill.
If its based on doing the most with the least, Mike.

My opinion ^^^

Not only that, turning around a "bad" team. Keep in mind, when MM came here, we were 4-12. His first year - 8-8. His second year - 13-3 and who knows how far we'll go in the Playoffs? We might even win it all.

This is something that football historians will look at in the future. MM inherits a 4-12 team and immediately turns it into a non-losing team.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who knows how many times they cheated?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

MM did a wonderful job turning a team with a bunch of no names into one of the NFL's best team.
But cheating or not, 16-0 is something no one else has ever done and the voters gave it to NE.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Honestly I think it could have gone to either one of them. I cant argue against the man who got it, and I wouldnt have been able to argue against MM getting it either.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Everyone re-teach their children that its alright to cheat if you win all your games!............ you will even be awarded for it! ......................

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Everyone re-teach their children that its alright to cheat if you win all your games!............ you will even be awarded for it! ......................

Sad but all too true.

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ain't that what most Americans think anyways?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Marshall Faulk brought up the best point out of anyone I heard arguing against Belicheck.

He said if Shawn Merrimen can be screwed out of the defensive player of the year award in 06 for cheating, then how can those same people (the AP) vote for Bill Belicheck to win coach of the year when he cheated.

People looked the other way because of who it is.