ESPN Power rankings: Packers at #21?

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN has green bay as #21 in the power rankings.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerrank ... 008&week=6

Wow, are we really that bad? The 12th worst team in the league. I'm not sure I am buying that, although their blurb about us may be evocative. "Injuries, especially on defense, are catching up to the Packers. (KS)"

What do you guys think, are those rankings realistic? Or are they crap?

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only power rankings that mean a thing is the team's record and position in the standings. As of now we're 2-3 and in second place in the NFC North. One down on where we should be but still in recoverable territory.
The Giants won the Super Bowl last season without being ranked first by ESPN.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerlifer said:
The only power rankings that mean a thing is the team's record and position in the standings. As of now we're 2-3 and in second place in the NFC North. One down on where we should be but still in recoverable territory.
The Giants won the Super Bowl last season without being ranked first by ESPN.
im with you on that one!
the injuries are piling up but it isnt by any means poor team performance as it is a poor team on the field. hopefully the boys get back soon(and i find some way to watch a few games!)

packer98

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are a poor team and don't plan on being over .500 this year, guaranteed. Inconsistency and individuals that are not suited for NFL positions, as well as a defense that is subpar and can not get ot the QB will be our downfalls.

packerbackerinin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think with the way things are going right now this is not that far off. We have the talent to be rated much higher, but they are not putting forth the effort the way they should be. Not seeing enough hustle plays. When was the last time that a linebacker hit someone? This has to change or this is going to be a long 11 weeks. GO PACK GO!!!

Kendawg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to say yes at this point in time. Dropping 3 straight isn't exactly a way to get ranked highly. Injuries are a part of the game, but we haven't been stepping it up.

grandtkd23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now i would say yes #21 is realistic. If you match the Packers against any of the teams ranked above them, at this moment i would pick the majority of those teams to beat us.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. 3 consecutive losses will send any team into a spiraling free-fall in any power ranking. The real question is where will GB rank if it loses 3 of the next 4?

At SEA
host IND
At TEN
At MIN

The way the D is playing right now winning 2 out of those 4 would be remarkable.

OP
OP
V

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes but they have us ranked behind the Vikings? I mean c'mon are we really THAT bad?

Members online

Latest posts