ESPN favre article

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
I don't mind him earning alot of money. I just think his locker room attitude brings down teams. He also signs contracts without honoring them. We already have that with Walker, why bring in another player that does the same thing? What message would that send to the team? He hasn't been on a team that he hasn't dragged to the gutter why would you expect him to do any different?

I hear ya Superrat...but he didn't drag down the niners. Their salary cap situation dragged them down. If he acts up in the lockerroom one of the team leaders needs to kick his ****....right there in front of everybody. I'm not as familiar with the niners but I am very familiar with the eagles and they had NO lockerroom leader except Brian Dawkins and he stayed neutral in this feud. That tells me alot!

Anyway, by mentioning T.O. I kind of led this thread astray....my apologies!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Favre to TO, Walker, Driver and Moulds/Gardner = Brett Favre return and SB this year or the next!

(and it doesn't mean mortgaging the future either!)

(Just shore up the o-line..and defense...RB is taken care of...)

That's all TT had to do!

Oh well..he didn't do it..! Now we have to wait and see how this is going to play out...

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Well, I said it a month ago and you guys ripped me. If TT would have taken a chance we would be looking at Brett Favre to Terrell Owens. Not one person on this site that has ripped Owens really knows him. Half of the **** that happened in Philly was a result of Andy Reid's maniacal desire to overprotect Donovan McNabb. It has been that way in Philly since McNabb was mercilesssly booed at the draft by Philly fans.

I don't think there is any question in ANYONE'S mind, including the guys ripping him here, that the Packer's would be an instant contender had we signed T.O.............But hey......we got Boerighter....so it's all good!

I must be with you and 66 I really believe, my source is my stomach and I trust him, that IF TT HAD SIGNED TO Brett would have been back right away, To me having TO dealing with Brett, the guy TO stated that would have taken the IGLES to win the SB, would have been a win win situation, you will be feeding TO with a LOT of TD passes, and with a QB that he can´t just rip on the media.

I am sure that would have helped,,,, but yes we got "deadly weapon" Boerigter instead of TO, TT is so cheap....

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I just think you guys are living in a dream world if you think TO could come here and all of the sudden shape up. I think it would be too much of a risk and you guys don't so its just a difference of opinion.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its really a moot point... i think if you recall dallas signed TO a couple weeks ago and if there was any team in the NFL besides Minny, or Chicago i would like to see get a cancer.... its the cowgirls.....good luck Dallas hope your Chemo goes well

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Owens is not going to make us an instant contender, sorry. I don't care who you sign until you fix the O-Line you can sign every hall-of-famer there is and you are not going anywhere. It all starts up front. I am a Packer Fanatic but I honestly would have to struggle to support TO.

The guy is an awful teammate with an awful attitude. He didn't get Philly to the Super Bowl by himself. In fact he didn't even play in the playoffs before the Super Bowl. The Eagles were a contender before he was signed.

Its another case of a guy just constantly stating how great he is over and over and over, and putting guys down around him. People buy into it and before you know it he's the next Jerry Rice to people.

Owens is an awesome WR but he has a downside bigger than his upside.

Now all you TO guys can bash me, I am prepared

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Averaging 20 TD's per year is not "average"...

This guy is good...

With FAvre..he'd have 30 TD's...

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack posted (TO)" never slapped around his women (wish we could say the same thing about our starting RB, which we just resigned...I believe it was three different women). "

I think, All charges brought against the Packer player you have mentioned were withdrawn by the women involved. I don't think He has been convicted in court of Law.

If your were including the His wife here in Green Bay as one of the three women. There was never a charge that he caused Domestic abuse (physical abuse) felony. There was no slapping around of his wife. He was charged with Domestic abuse-Misdemeanor- a less serious charge that a felony. In Wisconsin, when there is a 911 call reporting Domestic abuse, the police have to respond and arrest the offender. Which was the Packer player in question. His wife called Police because she felt the argument between them had esculated to a point where she thought her husband was out of control and fear something might happen to her. The Police officers who responded to the call thought, he was out of control also.

He was taken to jail and booked as required by State of Wisconsin Domestic abuse law. & soon released by posting bond. He was order to stay away from his home for a period of time.

Since then, the Player and his wife have reconciled and are receiving consoling and are trying to work out their problems. His wife will not testify in court and because of this, The Brown County DA decided not to prosecuted , because he decided he could not get a conviction in court.

The above is what I remember from reading the accounts of this player's domestic problem in The Green Bay Press-Gazette. I have clear all newspaper article accounts concerning this situation out of my filing system and had to use my memory.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Its another case of a guy just constantly stating how great he is over and over and over, and putting guys down around him. People buy into it and before you know it he's the next Jerry Rice to people.

Owens is an awesome WR but he has a downside bigger than his upside.

I like you pyle. You make more football sense than most of the people on this board but the above two paragraghs contradict each other.

Do you really think he is great or do you think people just buy his self-promotion?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
DePack posted (TO)" never slapped around his women (wish we could say the same thing about our starting RB, which we just resigned...I believe it was three different women). "

I think, All charges brought against the Packer player you have mentioned were withdrawn by the women involved. I don't think He has been convicted in court of Law.

If your were including the His wife here in Green Bay as one of the three women. There was never a charge that he caused Domestic abuse (physical abuse) felony. There was no slapping around of his wife. He was charged with Domestic abuse-Misdemeanor- a less serious charge that a felony. In Wisconsin, when there is a 911 call reporting Domestic abuse, the police have to respond and arrest the offender. Which was the Packer player in question. His wife called Police because she felt the argument between them had esculated to a point where she thought her husband was out of control and fear something might happen to her. The Police officers who responded to the call thought, he was out of control also.

He was taken to jail and booked as required by State of Wisconsin Domestic abuse law. & soon released by posting bond. He was order to stay away from his home for a period of time.

Since then, the Player and his wife have reconciled and are receiving consoling and are trying to work out their problems. His wife will not testify in court and because of this, The Brown County DA decided not to prosecuted , because he decided he could not get a conviction in court.

The above is what I remember from reading the accounts of this player's domestic problem in The Green Bay Press-Gazette. I have clear all newspaper article accounts concerning this situation out of my filing system and had to use my memory.

All the charges were not withdrawn by the women. Remember O.J. was never convicted either. Once could be a mistake, twice is a problem, three times and he's a piece of ****. If he was married to your sister instead of being a Packer you would think differently!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
getting an aquittal in trial is a lot different than getting the case dismissed.

C'mon...three times? You guys know better. O.J.'s victim wasn't around to pay off! Damn....wear the Green and Gold and it's allright to *****slap your women. Unbelievable!

Freeway3137

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after reading that, i honestly think Favre is pulling this off so that the Packers realize that they need to do something in free agency, like they havent done in years

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spousal abuse is messed up, but it's not like TO who takes his problems on the field and speaks out against his team. If you want to poop in peoples closets or beat your wife that is a problem but it isn't a football problem.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
The guy doesnt average 20 TD's and if someone doesnt think hes talented then you are retarded.

yes he does...

look it up..if you don't believe me...!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..but OJ was innocent...:shock: right depack?

The Cowboys are going to be dangerous this year...Look for TO AND Glenn to have a huge year this year!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
gopackgo4 said:
The guy doesnt average 20 TD's and if someone doesnt think hes talented then you are retarded.

yes he does...

lol are we talking about Terrell Owens?

4, 8, 14, 4, 13, 16, 13, 9, 14 and last year 6

He hasn't even had 20 TD in one season lol

Everyone knows Terrell Owens is talent. Even P@ck66 knows that! :p

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66 the guy barely averages half of that. He averages 10.1 a season.
He has never had 20 TD's in one season in his whole careee, Hell,he's only had 15 once.

To get back to my so called contradicting, I will make myself more clear.

TO runs his mouth like he is Jerry Rice, which he certainly is not. All his self-promotion gets some people to buy into this, however.

I don't know where I called him "Average" cause I would never do so. He is Definitely a Above Average guy but a GREAT?? No way, The guy drops alot of balls, has never had more than 100 catches in a season, and is the biggest Cancer in pro sports. I would rather have Lance Armstrong Cancer than Terrell Owens Cancer.

So yes he is is a top tier reciever, but is not as great as he thinks he is.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
P@ck66 said:
gopackgo4 said:

yes he does...

lol are we talking about Terrell Owens?

4, 8, 14, 4, 13, 16, 13, 9, 14 and last year 6

He hasn't even had 20 TD in one season lol

Everyone knows Terrell Owens is talent. Even P@ck66 knows that! :p

P@ck66=Rosenhaus! :lol:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to think that 66 was playing with you guys. Only once in the history of the NFL has a receiver ever caught 20 TD's in one season. Jerry Rice did it in 1987.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's right DePack...

I heard a guy on ESPN say "20"..but it actually averages to 12 if you throw out his first year and last year...which is still pretty damn good seeing that he had Garcia and McNabb throwing to him for a couple of years....

The point is that Owens is good...and with good QB..could even be better!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
I would have to think that 66 was playing with you guys. Only once in the history of the NFL has a receiver ever caught 20 TD's in one season. Jerry Rice did it in 1987.

He wasn't counting on someone looking it up.

P@ck66 said:
That's right DePack...

I heard a guy on ESPN say "20"..but it actually averages to 12 if you throw out his first year and last year...which is still pretty damn good seeing that he had Garcia and McNabb throwing to him for a couple of years....

The point is that Owens is good...and with good QB..could even be better!

Don't try to use DePack, geez.

You're right. Owens is good. I'd say one of the top three WR if not THE best WR in the game. (Marvin Harrison and Jimmy Smith I think are up there too.)

Members online

Latest posts