ESPN Announcers

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok overall a better crew than in the past but when one of them called Grant Dorsey Levens i could not help but wonder how many beers or what not they were drinking.

Not much to say about the Packers until A-Rod started lighting up the board then they were all over it.

The whining about the rule change and supporting the best whiner in the NFL made me a little nauseaous.

I like the rule change but i do not like ESPN football night they seem as wishey washey as brent has been.

side note: on the indy forum they are whining about the rule change.. all teams are affected by it so why they whining? because PM can not get 5 yrd penalties for illegal sub's now :)

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If I could I'd rather not listen to them at all.. I'd rather listen to Wayne/Larry and Packers radio while watching the game.

I like Gruden though.

Watch the rule change go back to what it was because Manning was cryin about it the whole game... At the same time, it would be a shame for any team to say lose in the final seconds trying to clock the ball, but get penalized cause the ref or umpire isn't back in time...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I could I'd rather not listen to them at all.. I'd rather listen to Wayne/Larry and Packers radio while watching the game.

I like Gruden though.

Agreed with the radio. But I don't like Gruden. His praise of virtually every player and every team makes me think he is auditioning for his next job. Jaws, on the other hand, isn't afraid of telling it like it is.

Most announcers have perfected the ability to fill air time with blather.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaws is a blohard idiot. Not surprised he likes the Cowboys to go to the Superbowl.
ESPN crew is the worst, at least they gave Kornheiser the boot...listening to that idiot made me want to punch babies.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Gruden gushes a lot on every show. It doesn't matter what team he is covering. However, I'll have to admit it felt a little good to hear the name Levens repeated a couple of times. It was nostalgic. I only hope that someday it will be nostalgic to hear the name Grant.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I honestly didn't find anything they said interesting or informative in the least. Obnoxious chatter is how I'd characterize em. Except when they were praising Rodgers, then I kind of was interested. Although most of it ways hyperbole, jaws brought them back to reality. But, I think Jaws just wishes he had Rodger's talent back when he was playing.

I personally like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. Aikman seem to be the most objective announcer and he doesn't try to hype up the game with hyperbole like most crews. Just a monotone, tell it like it is matter of fact way of telling you about the players and what's going on. Plus, he genuinely seems to like the Packers organization. He's really ******* the Dallas Cowboys sometimes, guess he feels he can be.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me the radio anyday, they know the players better, they know the coaches better, and they have been doing it alot longer than almost anyone on TV.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly didn't find anything they said interesting or informative in the least. Obnoxious chatter is how I'd characterize em. Except when they were praising Rodgers, then I kind of was interested. Although most of it ways hyperbole, jaws brought them back to reality. But, I think Jaws just wishes he had Rodger's talent back when he was playing.

I personally like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. Aikman seem to be the most objective announcer and he doesn't try to hype up the game with hyperbole like most crews. Just a monotone, tell it like it is matter of fact way of telling you about the players and what's going on. Plus, he genuinely seems to like the Packers organization. He's really ******* the Dallas Cowboys sometimes, guess he feels he can be.

Mixed feeling on Buck, but Aikman is a great guy to listen to. I would have never guessed he would be that good of an announcer. He is pretty unbiased too which must be a little hard for him.

Also like John Lynch, he did really well in his first year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Jaws. He's honest.

Gruden is goofy, I like it. He makes A LOT of mistakes, but unlike Joe Buck, you like him MORE for doing it. Like someone said at CHTV, Gruden seems like a guy you could have a beer at a bar with. Buck sounds like a guy at the bar you would punch.

And I want Tirico to die on a fire. Bashing Rodgers in every opportunity, then calling for the FREAKING COWBOYS to win it all? Really? Like I said, Tirico, IN A FIRE!!!!!!!

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Jaws. He's honest.

And I want Tirico to die on a fire. Bashing Rodgers in every opportunity, then calling for the FREAKING COWBOYS to win it all? Really? Like I said, Tirico, IN A FIRE!!!!!!!

Agreed about Gruden, but Jaws said the same thing about the Cowboys, Jaws is the douchiest of the 3. He picks stupid fights with Gruden about pointless player stuff, and once he gets on a tear (perfect example is the new position of the refs) he wont let it go. That guy needs to shut the hell up....we get it already, you dont like the new rules. you arent sleeping with manning, so let it go!

OP
OP
P

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sleeping with manning?

Agreed about Gruden, but Jaws said the same thing about the Cowboys, Jaws is the douchiest of the 3. He picks stupid fights with Gruden about pointless player stuff, and once he gets on a tear (perfect example is the new position of the refs) he wont let it go. That guy needs to shut the hell up....we get it already, you dont like the new rules. you arent sleeping with manning, so let it go!

are you sure he is not LOL! :yahoo:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Tirico, but Gruden was getting embarrassing with his gushing over Rodgers every few minutes. It was getting as bad as Madden cooing over Favre. :razz:

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Tirico, but Gruden was getting embarrassing with his gushing over Rodgers every few minutes. It was getting as bad as Madden cooing over Favre. :razz:
Well he did want to draft him back in 2005.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was like "OK you guys. We get it already. No need to go on for 20 minutes about the rule change and how PM hates it." Geez.
Next time I'm muting the TV and turning on the radio.

And it was interesting how at first they were kissing PM's *** but then when the Pack turned it up and started winning then they turned around and were kissing A-Rod's rear.

Bring back John Madden and Pat Summeral.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth are the best on television right now. They're the standard and really, nobody's all that close to them.

Outside of Gus Johnson. Gotta love Gus's enthusiasm. Exhibit A:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXvaRUP4l4&feature=related]YouTube - Brandon Stokely Amazing Catch[/ame]

I love that. And I wish he was that good in Madden 11.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Gruden gushes over everyone. If I had a $1 for every time I heard "Man I love this guy!" out of his mouth I would be filthy rich.

Members online

Latest posts