1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Erik Walden charged with disordely conduct

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by News Bot, Nov 25, 2011.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    I knew that...That was one fact that was not really posted here and was waiting to people to post it...So my comment was being sarcastic

It doesnt matter..I get the feeling that no matter what, people will think he slapped her around
  2. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    Not saying it isn't beyond the realm of possibility, but the "I fell and hit my head on XXXX" excuse is the oldest excuse in the book with domestic violence cases. While we have no choice but to take her at her word, I'll continue to remain skeptical.
  3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Some people here acted like Walden is a chump. I tried to point out that he's been playing pretty well, and with Brad Jones being invisible, and Zombo being hurt always, this is going to be another big obstacle for our defense.

From Bob McGinn:
  4. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    Walden has played well especially of late. But he needs to keep all the hitting on the field. I have no use for people in any walk of life that abuse women. I grew up in a house where that happened. There is absolutely no reason to hit a woman...period!

The facts aren't in for sure but I think there's fire where this smoke is.
  5. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think not to many are okay with people that abuse women or men..
  6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    Bringing this up again

If this were Rodgers people would be singing a way different tune..dont lie cuz you know you would
  7. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422 / 16 / -4
    I disagree if a woman burns your dinner it's just cause to break out the pimp slap.

just kidding.
  8. PackersDraft

PackersDraft Draftnik

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    False. First of all, Rodgers would never be doing this. Secondly, I would lose all respect for Rodgers if he did something like that. Our quarterback would never do something to hurt his image. Unlike others... *cough* Ben Roethlisberger *cough*
  9. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    If something happened with Aaron there would have to be a mistake. He would have been framed or something, I am positive of that.
  10. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +925 / 16 / -9
    Hey, you know folks, the conjecture here (and yeah, I know...internet fan forum...blah blah blah) is somewhat mind boggling - and I love 'scandal talk' as much as the next guy (NOT), but good lord ... eh, whatever I guess... frankly, over the years there have been so many of these issues with NFL players and their girlfriends/psuedo-wives/mothers-of-their-children -- take your pick ... that I've become embarrassingly immune to this "domestic abuse" charge.

...know what else? Way back in the day...while I was in college, I worked as an intern/volunteer at a domestic abuse shelter. Admittedly, I didn't have the stomach for what I saw and am now...in a wholly unrelated field (I'm embarrassed by that revelation as well). Truthfully, I don't know what in the hell to think....and therefore, I've elected to get on with my day and NOT think about this issue.
  11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

LOL ok
  12. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    If he's charged, he's gone. Easy and simple. This organization does not allow that kind of behavior to represent them.
  13. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +1,879 / 48 / -33
    Innocent until proven guilty is the legal standard and rightly so, but that doesn't apply to public opinion and IMO it shouldn't. Otherwise you would have to say it was wrong to conclude OJ Simpson guilty before the verdict - and after that travesty of justice, thereafter. Of course that doesn't mean jumping to conclusions before knowing any, most, or all of the facts is right. IMO we just don't know enough about what happened to draw any conclusions at this point.

Fans can dismiss Walden as not very good but no one can argue the coaching staff, from McCarthy to Capers to Greene have seen him as their best option. For example like many of you, I was excited about the potential of So'oto during pre season but if the staff thought he was a better option at ROLB than Walden he would have been playing, right? Same with Brad Jones. And Zombo can't seem to stay on the field. BTW, I agree with McGinn and see Walden as better than many of my fellow Packers fans.

GBPack2010 can you reconcile your opinion that the Packers "don't allow that kind of behavior to represent them" with the facts surrounding Jolly's interactions with law enforcement? Or is just being charged with assault more serious than being charged with a second-degree drug possession felony? Remember, in the summer of 2008 the Packers organization knew Jolly was arrested in a vehicle he shared with three "friends" with criminal records, along with an unregistered hand gun, marijuana, and 'purple drank' (codeine). Except for the amount of codeine in the drank, I don't think any of those facts were in dispute. And the Packers knew that "party" was taking place in an area known for drug dealing and violence and they knew that some in the Houston PD suspected Jolly of dealing drugs. Jolly started 32 regular season games after being charged and the Packers took no action against him until the league suspended him.
  14. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +375 / 5 / -0
  15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
  16. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +425 / 33 / -31
    Packer Fan Since:
    Free on bond.
  17. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +41 / 3 / -2
    Source: ProFootballTalk.com
  18. PackersDraft

PackersDraft Draftnik

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    You're saying I would still like Rodgers if he hit a girl??? Absolutely not. What makes Rodgers so likable is that he is so classy. Complete stand up guy.

And why even bring Rodgers in to this discussion? Just plain dumb.
  19. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I believe he drew the Rodgers comparison to emphasize a point. Many of us are so quick to condemn Walden, would we be so quick to condemn Rodgers if he were accused of something similar? It makes you think how many people are quick to judge one person and not another. I think it's a good comparison and an effective one. Look how quickly people in this thread have already stepped up to defend Rodgers. Your own defense of Rodgers only emphasizes his point.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    i just read that there were no charges officially filed and hes a free man
  21. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +425 / 33 / -31
    Packer Fan Since:
    Back in court 7 Dec
  22. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +617 / 6 / -0
    She's changed her story; she is now saying that she went after him and he was defending himself. I hope it's true. And then I hope he gets out of that relationship.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    alot of possible angles here
  24. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422 / 16 / -4
    Hopefully this means he can play
  25. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    I also said this..... Walden has been playing very solidly and he's clearly better than anyone else at that spot right now.
    Plus, guys go down like flies with injury -for us- at that position, so you don't want to lose him due to this crap.
    It's not all about the starter. Depth is critical as well. We can't lose guys to the law like this.