Erik Walden charged with disordely conduct

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Suspend him ASAP.

I do not have tolerance for Incompetent fools on this team.

Locker room poison.

The facts are he is hitting his GF that aint right.

You should probably contact the authorities about this because they don't even know the facts yet.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Walden was hurt in the game yesterday, and he missed a good quarter or so, but came back.
He hurt his knee when he was rolled into a fellow Packer after a pretty good gain by the Lions.

I agree with RS who pointed out his ex used to go ballistic, un-provoked at him.
I had an ex-GF who went ape at me once.... and while I stayed sitting in my recliner watching the game on TV, she threw a Packer tv-tray at me.

If a guy does that to a guy, he gets teeth knocked out.
Her doing that being a girl, I can't do anything, except try and catch it before it hits me in the head.

Walden has been playing pretty good. A lot better than Brad Jones or Zombo ever have. Plus Zombo has gotten hurt 3 times already this year, and he cannot be expected to contribute this year.

Next up: J Lattimore. I hope he's bulked up a bit the past 3 months......

I thought he had actually been pretty bad this year. Zero pass-rush, loses contain, and is a liability in coverage. I know that he's still probably better than anybody else we have but he's really frustrating to watch. Enough with the stutter-stepping pass-rush move.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Stop the name calling......THAT HAS TO STOP NOW

If I feel I want all the facts before making a judgment call then that is my RIGHT, I nor anyone else should feel pressured to think other wise..

I know of one fact that I have not seen mentioned in this thread..Maybe I missed it, but I dont think so..It is pretty important to this entire topic..

So until all the facts are out let's allow everyone the common courtesy of not jumping down their throat..

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Well I hope this isn't true. I'm one of those people that still belives innocent until proven guilty either by admission or by a jury of my peers. Well there is one exception, but he's in jail now.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Unfortunately, we often heat that afterwards.
But I cannot recall any occasion where then the police or the legal folks accepted it and said, "ok, our bad, nevermind...."

They have 2 kids together so it's like a marriage.

If she says it's a misunderstanding, she should have been smart enough to know that if word of it got out, his career might end, and that means her nice paychecks end too.

Yeah I mixed up PackersRS and longtimefan on the story from your past.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we often heat that afterwards.
But I cannot recall any occasion where then the police or the legal folks accepted it and said, "ok, our bad, nevermind...."

They have 2 kids together so it's like a marriage.

If she says it's a misunderstanding, she should have been smart enough to know that if word of it got out, his career might end, and that means her nice paychecks end too.

Yeah I mixed up PackersRS and longtimefan on the story from your past.

This "might" be what happened..

They are fighting over who knows what...she storms away and trips over something and does fall..

Goes to the hospital, tells them that she was having an argument with b/f and fell over something..Gets treated then leaves..

Unaware that the hospital by law has to report this..

Then a few hours later cops come and by LAW they have to take him away and charge him with something..

All of that sounds pretty logical if you ask me..

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'd say do an internal investigation. (The CBA limits what punishments can be meted out for what offences.) Then based on the internal investigation either suspend him or come out in support of him. At least for the time being, they should bench him while doing the investigation. Zombo is healthy once again and ready to go.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
just allegations... let it play out and see what the outcome is... when he was doing his thing everyone was on his nuts... now you guys are quick to judge... dont turn your back so quick... The dude is a heck of a ball player... I would hate to lose him... we are already thin on pass rush!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am in the wait for the facts camp. How can you render judgement when you don't know or are not sure of what you are talking about? It's like shooting first and asking questions later. Things are not always what they seem. I prefer to know before I react. Maybe, just maybe at the end of all this, some of us will owe Walden an apology if these allegations prove false. We don't know what happened, none of us were in that room with them. If what I read in a previous post is true and it was the hospital who called the police, then there may be your answer. The hospital has to report anything suspicious by law, regardless of what the patient says. Victims of abuse are known to lie to protect their abusers and if the hospital lets them go and a week later the person lands up in the morgue.... that doesn't look so good for the hospital. I've had a similar experience. Two of my cats were fighting and I tried to break them up and I landed up getting attacked. I wound up with cuts and bruises all over my face, including a black eye, and a big gash across my jugular. I went to the hospital to be treated and they did what they had to do and reported the incident to the police. The next thing I knew, my bf at the time was being questioned/ interrogated and my family and friends blamed him as well. He wasn't even over when it happened. No one believed me or him. It was a mess. It eventually died down because both of us stuck to our stories and no further incidents occurred. But I'm just saying, stuff like this happens and people jump to conclusions before they know the facts or they don't believe the truth. So maybe we should just take a step back and make sure we know what is going on before we judge Walden. If it's true, shame on Walden, but if it's not, shame on us for judging him prematurely.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might have been me?? My ex would hit me and I would block it...In turn it would leave bruises on her writs and she would blame me for putting bruises on her
Yeah, I think it was...

And holding a women's arm because she is attacking you is self-defense. It's hard to explain self-defense with a cut and a hit in the head (though it's not impossible). I don't know about the law in the US, in Brazil once a women's abuse charge has been made, the case must start at court, which means only a judge can dismiss it.

If that's not the case though, I think nothing will come out of it, because she didn't report it, both are giving the same possible statement and she wanted to dismiss charges. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, though.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really??

The "hospital" called the cops and not the g/f??

Actually, that's pretty common with domestic violence and abuse cases. It's ultimately up to the victim to decide whether to press charges or not, but calling the police to get a report made is fairly common.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh, the classic "I tripped and hit my head" excuse.

If he did it, he'll most certainly get away with it this time, but he better hope there isn't a next time.

So no one has every fell when arguing?

I fell down stairs when arguing with my ex wife once...Didnt realize how close I was to the ledge of basement stairs..In the heat of fighting, took wrong step and wham tumbled down 7 stairs..

Members online

Latest posts