EPL and British Football

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll back to Newcastle?? Interesting choice by Newcastle to even make this an option. I guess they could use him if Ba doesn't come back, he was pretty out of form during the Cisse era anyways.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Carroll back to Newcastle?? Interesting choice by Newcastle to even make this an option. I guess they could use him if Ba doesn't come back, he was pretty out of form during the Cisse era anyways.

Carroll should never have left Newcastle, but when someone is silly enough to pay £35m for a decent old school center half its hard to resist. (Chelsea's money for Torres) hes worth £15m tops. The grass isnt always greener as he found out.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Carroll was quite effective at times in the Euro playing in England's system. Does Newcastle really play the same way? Do they really need a battering ram like Carroll? Would he mesh well with the new guard of Cisse/Cabaye/Tiote/Ben Arfa? I'd have to say no. Not worth that discount price.

I think he'd be great at West Ham. Or really any team that would build around his style.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching an interview with Alex Ferguson. It's hard to understand him. :D We really are two countries separated by a common language. Lol!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching an interview with Alex Ferguson. It's hard to understand him. :D We really are two countries separated by a common language. Lol!

''Ahcomefaegovanainglasgae'' - Alex Ferguson

Translation - ''I am from the Govan area of Glasgow.''

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I thought Carroll was quite effective at times in the Euro playing in England's system. Does Newcastle really play the same way? Do they really need a battering ram like Carroll? Would he mesh well with the new guard of Cisse/Cabaye/Tiote/Ben Arfa? I'd have to say no. Not worth that discount price.

I think he'd be great at West Ham. Or really any team that would build around his style.

There is an old addage in Football ''You should never go back''

West Ham would be better, they play long ball and need a big target man.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this need to happen? i would say yes they have no sympathy from me, they should pay their Taxes like everyone else. Stop being cheats pay back what they owe, and take their Medicine.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/0...e-trophies-over-ebt-tax-dodge-86908-23909684/

Very interesting, thanks for this link :tup:
I've mixed feelings...
It's O.K. that Rangers have been relegated to Third Divsion and of course the "new" Rangers must be responsible for the old debts but why taking away nine championships/titels ?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an old addage in Football ''You should never go back''

West Ham would be better, they play long ball and need a big target man.

Ooooh yes, don't even think about it :eek:
One of the worst transfers in Hamburg I remember was the return of Albertz from Rangers :rolleyes:
But of course I would change my mind immediately if R. van der Vaart would come back to Hamburg :D

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Hello there, you two are in Scotland & Germany. Yet, you use an American Football team forum
to chat about the EPL ?
Just curious guys ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Very interesting, thanks for this link :tup:
I've mixed feelings...
It's O.K. that Rangers have been relegated to Third Divsion and of course the "new" Rangers must be responsible for the old debts but why taking away nine championships/titels ?

Very complicated, ill try my best to expain.:confused:

Relegating them to the third Division was not a punishment by the SFA, they wanted Rangers in Div 1 for a quick return to the SPL. It was the member clubs who voted to put them in Div 3 this is their right after Rangers went into liquidation. Basically the fans of those clubs wanted Rangers relegated to the lowest league for what the previous owners did, and also for what they see as a big arrogant club who thought that they could get away with anything . I understand what your saying, but i think if they got away with what they did this time whats to stop them doing it again in the future.

Its the SFAs job to decide if Rangers acted illegally and impose punishments. The old Rangers commited fraud buying players they could not afford, and then paying them with with money from illegal tax dodging schemes. Its with those players that they won those titles with. And thats why i think those titles should be taken away from them.

And even after all that theres possibly a points deduction and a 12 month transfer ban. So they dont have their troubles too seek. If i was them id just bite the bullet take what they get and get on with the Football. Ive had enough talking of Rangers for now lol!;)
Ooooh yes, don't even think about it :eek:
One of the worst transfers in Hamburg I remember was the return of Albertz from Rangers :rolleyes:
But of course I would change my mind immediately if R. van der Vaart would come back to Hamburg :D

Albertz was a good player even though he played for you know who, they called him the Hammer really powerful shot on him. I think he was a bit burned out when he went back to Hamburg, he no doubt found it difficult adjusting back to a higher quality league. He didnt want to leave either he was forced out by their manager i think.

Ha! well looks like Chelsea dont want him, so id be happy if he went back to HSV.:):D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very complicated, ill try my best to expain.:confused:

Relegating them to the third Division was not a punishment by the SFA, they wanted Rangers in Div 1 for a quick return to the SPL. It was the member clubs who voted to put them in Div 3 this is their right after Rangers went into liquidation. Basically the fans of those clubs wanted Rangers relegated to the lowest league for what the previous owners did, and also for what they see as a big arrogant club who thought that they could get away with anything . I understand what your saying, but i think if they got away with what they did this time whats to stop them doing it again in the future.

Its the SFAs job to decide if Rangers acted illegally and impose punishments. The old Rangers commited fraud buying players they could not afford, and then paying them with with money from illegal tax dodging schemes. Its with those players that they won those titles with. And thats why i think those titles should be taken away from them.

And even after all that theres possibly a points deduction and a 12 month transfer ban. So they dont have their troubles too seek. If i was them id just bite the bullet take what they get and get on with the Football. Ive had enough talking of Rangers for now lol!;)

Thank you, very complicated indeed.:tup::confused:
Surprising that really the clubs voted and decided about Rangers future, impossible in German Bundesliga.
However, they deserve their punishment and I agree - it's important to use the Rangers as a warning to other clubs.

Albertz was a good player even though he played for you know who, they called him the Hammer really powerful shot on him. I think he was a bit burned out when he went back to Hamburg, he no doubt found it difficult adjusting back to a higher quality league. He didnt want to leave either he was forced out by their manager i think.

Ha! well looks like Chelsea dont want him, so id be happy if he went back to HSV.:):D

:D As you wrote....enough about *****
"Ali" Albertz came back and the whole game was to fast for him. Maybe enough for the SPL, but not for Bundesliga anymore.
But he's a nice guy and I liked him. Maybe our expectations because of all the "Hammer" stories were too high ?
Looks like RvdV stays with the Spurs, I read AVB wants to keep him :rolleyes:
And because we don't have enough money and we don't want to take the money of billionaire Kuehne (he's a huge HSV Fan) we simply can't afford him.:(

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hello there, you two are in Scotland & Germany. Yet, you use an American Football team forum
to chat about the EPL ?
Just curious guys ?

There's more than two. It's cool when Packer fans can connect on several levels.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thank you, very complicated indeed.:tup::confused:
Surprising that really the clubs voted and decided about Rangers future, impossible in German Bundesliga.
However, they deserve their punishment and I agree - it's important to use the Rangers as a warning to other clubs.

:D As you wrote....enough about *****
"Ali" Albertz came back and the whole game was to fast for him. Maybe enough for the SPL, but not for Bundesliga anymore.
But he's a nice guy and I liked him. Maybe our expectations because of all the "Hammer" stories were too high ?
Looks like RvdV stays with the Spurs, I read AVB wants to keep him :rolleyes:
And because we don't have enough money and we don't want to take the money of billionaire Kuehne (he's a huge HSV Fan) we simply can't afford him.:(

Yeah Democracy in action, all leagues have different rules it seems.

I think thats what happend, he scored alot in europe against big teams. Class player.:tup:
Albertz developed a German/Scottish accent it was cool. :D i think in all honesty for his career he should have stayed in Germany. I think he would have played many times for the national side.

Bummer, keeping RvdV would be one for AVBs few good decisions.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think AVB could actually be quite good for Spurs this year. Lower expectations and a longer leash from the owner. He's obviously tactically gifted.

Although for the record, I don't like him and hope he's a flop!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think AVB could actually be quite good for Spurs this year. Lower expectations and a longer leash from the owner. He's obviously tactically gifted.

Although for the record, I don't like him and hope he's a flop!

He won a treble before he joined Chelsea, but at a club with much less pressure and intensity. In short he was out of his depth at Stamford Bridge. He should have stayed at Porto and made a legacy for himself instead of jumping to a really big club and league so soon in his career.

Your not the only one.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Want to kmow something funny? I'm learning more about the EPL through these posts than I do by watching FoxSoccer Channel. Thanks guys!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Democracy in action, all leagues have different rules it seems.

I think thats what happend, he scored alot in europe against big teams. Class player.:tup:
Albertz developed a German/Scottish accent it was cool. :D i think in all honesty for his career he should have stayed in Germany. I think he would have played many times for the national side.

Bummer, keeping RvdV would be one for AVBs few good decisions.

That's funny, sometimes hard to understand for a non-native speaker like me.
Watched an interview with Amy McDonald a few weeks ago, such a pretty girl and what an accent :eek: :D

Just read ManU is interested in Robbie, "The Diver" van Persie ? :eek:
What do you think about Lukaku, will he now have his breaktrough ?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lukaku I feel still isn't ready to break into the Chelsea first team, although he did look good in Seattle. Chelsea should loan him out.
Could be a good choice for him and Chelsea.
Having more playing time somewhere else and then coming back to fight for a place in the starting 11.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That's funny, sometimes hard to understand for a non-native speaker like me.
Watched an interview with Amy McDonald a few weeks ago, such a pretty girl and what an accent :eek: :D

Just read ManU is interested in Robbie, "The Diver" van Persie ? :eek:
What do you think about Lukaku, will he now have his breaktrough ?

Van Diver could end up a Man U, providing the Galzers give them enough pocket money.

Amy Macdonald and Alex Ferguson have very strong accents, as you know we are not all as difficult to understand as them.:confused:

Mmmm i thought they were loaning Lukaku out? hes work in progress and needs first team games to make him better. Scoring against Seattle Sounders as much as i like them they aint exactly Real Madrid.:D

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't really see RVP at United. Honestly, he should just commit to the team that made him who he is today, but we all know he won't do that. He'll make a lot of $$$ at City though!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Can't really see RVP at United. Honestly, he should just commit to the team that made him who he is today, but we all know he won't do that. He'll make a lot of $$$ at City though!

Hes a badge kissing mercenary just like the rest of them, i dont really care where he goes. But Italy would be nice as i dont follow the Italian league lol

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I thought RVP was too expensive for his club to keep him. Didn't I read that they wanted to use that money more efficiently?

Members online