EPL and British Football

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Do you guys think the rate rigging scandal is going to have an effect on Barclay's sponsorship?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I doubt it very much, unless Barclays are about to go bankrupt. It began in 2009 three year deal now in the last year of the contract i think. Then its up for grabs again, the clubs dont really care at all about any scandal. They are happy just grabbing the money.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys think the rate rigging scandal is going to have an effect on Barclay's sponsorship?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Agree with PackerFan71, I don't think that there will be any short-term effects as long they don't go bankrupt.
But because of the banking crisis in Europe I am quite sure that many banks will give up such investments and sport sponsorships as soon as possible.

PackerFan71: Looks like Andy Carroll is available, couldn't he replace Drogba?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree with PackerFan71, I don't think that there will be any short-term effects as long they don't go bankrupt.
But because of the banking crisis in Europe I am quite sure that many banks will give up such investments and sport sponsorships as soon as possible.

PackerFan71: Looks like Andy Carroll is available, couldn't he replace Drogba?

Thats an interesting one i see where you are coming from, like for like. Carroll is a serious threat when he wants to be. A real Battering Ram. He nearly turned the FA Cup final on its head when he came on. He could be World Class however there are a few buts..........

Why are Liverpool wanting to move him on? he seems a bit inconsistent. For me he also lacks discipline (hes been in many fights on and off the pitch) and he can be a real loose cannon so its a no for me, even though he is talented. Seems they are willing to take a £20m hit just to let him go, says it all i think.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-on-england-striker-andy-carroll-7932624.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats an interesting one i see where you are coming from, like for like. Carroll is a serious threat when he wants to be. A real Battering Ram. He nearly turned the FA Cup final on its head when he came on. He could be World Class however there are a few buts..........

Why are Liverpool wanting to move him on? he seems a bit inconsistent. For me he also lacks discipline (hes been in many fights on and off the pitch) and he can be a real loose cannon so its a no for me, even though he is talented. Seems they are willing to take a £20m hit just to let him go, says it all i think.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-on-england-striker-andy-carroll-7932624.html

Oh, didn't know that, I just thought his his style of playing football is quite similar to Drogba.
What do you thing about these latest rumors ? ;)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...fer-gossip-Top-10-Premier-League-rumours.html

van Persie (another diver) to City and Walcott to Chelsea ? :eek:;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh, didn't know that, I just thought his his style of playing football is quite similar to Drogba.
What do you thing about these latest rumors ? ;)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...fer-gossip-Top-10-Premier-League-rumours.html

van Persie (another diver) to City and Walcott to Chelsea ? :eek:;)
Scroll down a bit and look at discipline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Carroll

Hes similar in style to a degree, but Drogba was more clever and sneaky.:sneaky:

The Sun is a bit of a joke to be honest, we have a saying here. ''Its in the Sun it must be true'' :D meaning it usually is not.

Id take Walcott for a bit, and see how he would do.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scroll down a bit and look at discipline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Carroll

Hes similar in style to a degree, but Drogba was more clever and sneaky.:sneaky:

We have a saying here ''Its in the Sun it must be true'' meaning it usually is not.

Id take Walcott for a bit, and see how he would do.

Very interesting, arrested, altercations with teammates and "... he had gained a reputation for drinking...".....O.K., let's forget Andy Carroll ;)
Ha, The Sun. But we have the same saying about BILD here in Germany, but I must admit I worked for BILD for more than 10 years and I am still working for the company that publishes BILD. :D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Very interesting, arrested, altercations with teammates and "... he had gained a reputation for drinking...".....O.K., let's forget Andy Carroll ;)
Ha, The Sun. But we have the same saying about BILD here in Germany, but I must admit I worked for BILD for more than 10 years and I am still working for the company that publishes BILD. :D

They sound very similar, just joke tabloids no one takes them seriously really. You worked for them? well i hope they payed you good at least!;) You will know better than anyone about them then.:D

mhnessie whats your opinion of him is he good?

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/160022.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They sound very similar, just joke tabloids no one takes them seriously really. You worked for them? well i hope they payed you good at least!;) You will know better than anyone about them then.:D

mhnessie whats your opinion of him is he good?

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/160022.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

If you ask people nobody reads tabloids, but there are still 3 Mill. copies of BILD sold - and 12 Mill. readers
every day ! :eek::D
But I do have a professional view on it and of course I am reading or using other media if I am searching for deeper informations ;)

Aaaah, André Schürle is still on the market ? Well, he is a very young and talented player and I like him, but he is not worth 20 Mill. Euro or even more. :eek:
He is inconsistent what's quite normal for a young player like him, in my opinion he needs more time to improve his skills.
So he should stay in Leverkusen for 1 or 2 more years before moving to such a big club like Chelsea.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
If you ask people nobody reads tabloids, but there are still 3 Mill. copies of BILD sold - and 12 Mill. readers
every day ! :eek::D
But I do have a professional view on it and of course I am reading or using other media if I am searching for deeper informations ;)

Aaaah, André Schürle is still on the market ? Well, he is a very young and talented player and I like him, but he is not worth 20 Mill. Euro or even more. :eek:
He is inconsistent what's quite normal for a young player like him, in my opinion he needs more time to improve his skills.
So he should stay in Leverkusen for 1 or 2 more years before moving to such a big club like Chelsea.

Im amazed that people still buy tabloids but they quite clearly do, for whatever reason the figures dont lie.

Well i figured that, most informed people look elsewhere for their important info.

Your probly right about him, he should stay where he is and mature for a couple of years and play in the 1st team. Instead of being stuck in Chelsea reserves.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Pretty quiet on the Chelsea transfers since Eden Hazard, they are farming youngsters out on loan mostly at the moment. Kevin Du Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku both going to Werder Bremen. André Schürle Beware! Hulk said he hasnt agreed coming to Chelsea yet. Oscar a 20 year old Brazillian has been mentioned. And Modric is a possibilty.

Robin Van Persie apparently wants to goto Juve.
West Ham are interested in Andy Carroll. he might do good there.
**** Rodriguez wants away from Liverpool im shocked (i forgot he was there) what a waste.

What a huge crash in value unbeliveable, the bigger they were the harder they fell.
Today its decided what division they will play in either 1 or 3, id say its 3.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/0...sets-worth-110m-for-just-1-5m-86908-23907502/

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty quiet on the Chelsea transfers since Eden Hazard, they are farming youngsters out on loan mostly at the moment. Kevin Du Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku both going to Werder Bremen. André Schürle Beware! Hulk said he hasnt agreed coming to Chelsea yet. Oscar a 20 year old Brazillian has been mentioned. And Modric is a possibilty.

Robin Van Persie apparently wants to goto Juve.
West Ham are interested in Andy Carroll. he might do good there.
**** Rodriguez wants away from Liverpool im shocked (i forgot he was there) what a waste.

What a huge crash in value unbeliveable, the bigger they were the harder they fell.
Today its decided what division they will play in either 1 or 3, id say its 3.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/07/12/rangers-in-crisis-administrators-report-reveals-charles-green-bought-assets-worth-110m-for-just-1-5m-86908-23907502/

Unbelieveable, from 110 m GBP to 1.5 m GBP, players leaving...the Rangers are dead :rolleyes:
I think they will play in League 1 so that they have a chance to return to SPL as soon as possible, Celtic winning the premiership 10 years in a row....boring :rolleyes:;)

Ah, I forgot, the Hammers are back, great ! I agree, would be a good move for Andy Carroll and the Hammers.
van Persie and Italy ? A perfect match - divers everywhere in this league ;)

Oscar, to be honest - never heard before :eek:
And we talked about Modric, great player, AVB doesn't want him anymore or why is he leaving Tottenham ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Unbelieveable, from 110 m GBP to 1.5 m GBP, players leaving...the Rangers are dead :rolleyes:
I think they will play in League 1 so that they have a chance to return to SPL as soon as possible, Celtic winning the premiership 10 years in a row....boring :rolleyes:;)

Ah, I forgot, the Hammers are back, great ! I agree, would be a good move for Andy Carroll and the Hammers.
van Persie and Italy ? A perfect match - divers everywhere in this league ;)

Oscar, to be honest - never heard before :eek:
And we talked about Modric, great player, AVB doesn't want him anymore or why is he leaving Tottenham ?

That England Defender was aquitted today im shocked!!!!! ah not really, Just shows what alot of money and a top lawyer can get you.

Well its official now they were put into Division 3, so it Celtics Title now for years......boring. But to be honest it was boring before anyway, as only two teams could win it. Celtics league by Christmas. :sleep:

Van Persie will find it difficult in Italy if he goes. But he should be at home there with all the other diving actors.

I dont know Oscar either they were wanting £25m for him thats alot.

AVB has weird ideas, if he had any sence he would keep talents like Modric instead of moving them on. Id hate to be a Spurs fan.:D

Barclays signed a new 3 year deal for the Premiership, just shows they dont care about anything and are happy raking in the cash.:rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That England Defender was aquitted today im shocked!!!!! ah not really, Just shows what alot of money and a top lawyer can get you.

Well its official now they were put into Division 3, so it Celtics Title now for years......boring. But to be honest it was boring before anyway, as only two teams could win it. Celtics league by Christmas. :sleep:

Van Persie will find it difficult in Italy if he goes. But he should be at home there with all the other diving actors.

I dont know Oscar either they were wanting £25m for him thats alot.

AVB has weird ideas, if he had any sence he would keep talents like Modric instead of moving them on. Id hate to be a Spurs fan.:D

Barclays signed a new 3 year deal for the Premiership, just shows they dont care about anything and are happy raking in the cash.:rolleyes:

Yepp....looks like he will finish his career at Chelsea, what an a**ho**... :rolleyes:

You are right, I can't remember another club winning the championship, Celtics, Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Rangers, Celtic.....indeed boring.:sleep:
When I was younger I think Aberdeen won the championship a few times (80's?), and maybe Hearts ?
Its obvious - the SPL needs new champions - how about Ross County !? ;):D

Barclays signed a new 3 year deal, that's surprising :eek:
Our stadium was named after a bank for years (HSH Nordbank Arena), but the banking crisis forced them to give up this sponsorship because they got millions, or even billions of tax money to keep them alive.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp....looks like he will finish his career at Chelsea, what an a**ho**... :rolleyes:

You are right, I can't remember another club winning the championship, Celtics, Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Rangers, Celtic.....indeed boring.:sleep:
When I was younger I think Aberdeen won the championship a few times (80's?), and maybe Hearts ?
Its obvious - the SPL needs new champions - how about Ross County !? ;):D

Barclays signed a new 3 year deal, that's surprising :eek:
Our stadium was named after a bank for years (HSH Nordbank Arena), but the banking crisis forced them to give up this sponsorship because they got millions, or even billions of tax money to keep them alive.

Dundee United won The Championship in 1982-1983 and Aberdeen were the last non Rangers/Celtic team to win it in 1984-85. Those were really good teams, both nearly reached the European Cup Final. Dundee Utd were cheated by Roma in their Semi. Hearts lost the title on the last day one year. Still Major Tauma for them to this day. lol

Ross County beat Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semi Final a couple of years ago, so we hope that more teams under estimate us in the coming season. Shame Rangers arent there that would be a certain 3 point or us.:sneaky:

I hate Banks, the UK government spent billions of tax payers money also keeping RBS bank afloat. Disgusting really.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dundee United won The Championship in 1982-1983 and Aberdeen were the last non Rangers/Celtic team to win it in 1984-85. Those were really good teams, both nearly reached the European Cup Final. Dundee Utd were cheated by Roma in their Semi. Hearts lost the title on the last day one year. Still Major Tauma for them to this day. lol

Ross County beat Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semi Final a couple of years ago, so we hope that more teams under estimate us in the coming season. Shame Rangers arent there that would be a certain 3 point or us.:sneaky:

I hate Banks, the UK government spent billions of tax payers money also keeping RBS bank afloat. Disgusting really.

Hmm, didn't start Alex Ferguson his career at Aberdeen ? I'm not sure because he is now with ManU for so many years.
Has there ever been another club for Sir Alex ? :confused:;)

I am pretty sure that many teams will under estimate Ross County, especially in the first half of the season, that's a chance to collect points...

We shouldn't mention banks anymore - profits are privatised but losses are nationalised, indeed disgusting, turbo-capitalism as its best! :mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmm, didn't start Alex Ferguson his career at Aberdeen ? I'm not sure because he is now with ManU for so many years.
Has there ever been another club for Sir Alex ? :confused:;)

I am pretty sure that many teams will under estimate Ross County, especially in the first half of the season, that's a chance to collect points...

We shouldn't mention banks anymore - profits are privatised but losses are nationalised, indeed disgusting, turbo-capitalism as its best! :mad:

Ferguson was with a couple of other little teams learning his trade, he was sacked from his pervious club before Aberdeen. (St Mirren) that was one of the craziest football decisions of all time, he was too ambitious apparently. Big mistake by them...................

I dont know hopefully, but i think County will be ok.

I agree.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson was with a couple of other little teams learning his trade, he was sacked from his pervious club before Aberdeen. (St Mirren) that was one of the craziest football decisions of all time, he was too ambitious apparently. Big mistake by them...................

I dont know hopefully, but i think County will be ok.

I agree.

Today I read Dundee replaces Rangers in SPL but I hope the "new" Rangers will be back as soon.
I also read that Ally Mc Coist is still Rangers manager, I thought the new owner wanted to get rid of him ?
However, Ally McCoist, another football hero when I was young :)

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your guy's thoughts on Walcott apparently being available for 15 million Pounds? I can't believe that **** would ever be interested in selling him, especially if they can't hold on to RVP.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Your guy's thoughts on Walcott apparently being available for 15 million Pounds? I can't believe that **** would ever be interested in selling him, especially if they can't hold on to RVP.

Nothing should suprise with Wenger, he got Walcott for nothing. If he sells it will be for a huge profit job done he keeps his chairman happy, he does this alot. Not so good however if you want a team that can win the Premiership.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. That fan-base will be steaming if the lose RVP and Theo in the same summer. Podolski and Giroud are both a step down as replacements.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Today I read Dundee replaces Rangers in SPL but I hope the "new" Rangers will be back as soon.
I also read that Ally Mc Coist is still Rangers manager, I thought the new owner wanted to get rid of him ?
However, Ally McCoist, another football hero when I was young :)

Yes Dundee quite rightly replaced Rangers as they were 2nd behind Ross County in the 1st Division last season at last some common sence from the league bosses.:rolleyes:

New Rangers should easily reach the Premier League in three years. Ha yes that was the rumor McCoist was going to walk away instead of being sacked, but after talks they decided he should stay. He was a great striker in his time one of the best in Scotland, but i never had him down as a Manager hes too nice a guy.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Exactly. That fan-base will be steaming if the lose RVP and Theo in the same summer. Podolski and Giroud are both a step down as replacements.

If RVP wants to leave there is no point in keeping him, Wenger has a habit of taking players and improving them. It works alot but not all the time, be interesting to see how Podolski does.

Members online

Latest posts