EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately no EPL or Bundesliga this week but instead a friendly is played at Wembley to celebrate the
FA anniversary on Tuesday.
Usually I dont care about friendlies but I think when England and Germany play against each other I should give it a try and turn on my TV.
Will anybody else here watching?
Btw - like this quote by Alan Shearer: "If you want to have a great party at Wembley, don't invite the Germans."
Well, too late :p:D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Unfortunately no EPL or Bundesliga this week but instead a friendly is played at Wembley to celebrate the
Usually I dont care about friendlies but I think when England and Germany play against each other I should give it a try and turn on my TV.
Btw - like this quote by Alan Shearer: "If you want to have a great party at Wembley, don't invite the Germans."

Alan Shearer: "If you want to have a great party at Wembley, don't invite the Germans."
That's the most sense that Shearer's made in some time. (He comments on the BBC Match of the Day) now and then i watch the You Tube post match analysis of Germany v England 2010 it never fails to cheer me up. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I hope to watch it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, this National team doesn't look as good as Bayern. :unsure:
Its a friendly Croak and many players that usually play are benched or even injured. But they should be still good enough to beat England though I must admit that England looks better than expected so far.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if you guys see German ads on the advertising boards too or is it just us watching German TV ? Bitburger, Kicker, Commerzbank....
Who cares about those companies in England ? :rolleyes::D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Happiness is finding an Oktoberfest laying on its side in the back of the fridge when you thought you had just finished your last Märzen on hand! :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Happiness is finding an Oktoberfest laying on its side in the back of the fridge when you thought you had just finished your last Märzen on hand! :D
Croak, its Tuesday and about 3 or 4 pm across the pond and you are enjoying a couple beers and watching football on TV. No wonder that the US economy is going
down :p:D

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Hopefully the days of Manure offering more cash are done. Slur Alex seems to have picked a good time to depart.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Theres a swift change in who can offer more cash nowadays. Bar City and Utd, tho money and lifestyle is in London with Arsenal and Chelsea. Does make me wonder though, if you had say a spare $200m in your pocket to invest in a football club, who would you guys choose? Remember your considering location, fanbase and potential.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Does make me wonder though, if you had say a spare $200m in your pocket to invest in a football club, who would you guys choose? Remember your considering location, fanbase and potential.

I think I'd look at trying to pick up Barnet FC on the cheap.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres a swift change in who can offer more cash nowadays. Bar City and Utd, tho money and lifestyle is in London with Arsenal and Chelsea. Does make me wonder though, if you had say a spare $200m in your pocket to invest in a football club, who would you guys choose? Remember your considering location, fanbase and potential.
Hmm....should be a team with rich history and large fan base, how about Notthingham Forrest ? Do they (still) have a large fan base ? I know, the location in the middle of nowhere is a problem.
If location is very important - how about making Millwall big ? :cautious::D At least its London :cool:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Hmm....should be a team with rich history and large fan base, how about Notthingham Forrest ? Do they (still) have a large fan base ? I know, the location in the middle of nowhere is a problem.
If location is very important - how about making Millwall big ? :cautious::D At least its London :cool:

Forest do have alot of fans yes, home and away. Actually they're ranked 3rd in the highest average away support this season, behind Leeds and Wolves (us, even though we're in the 3rd tier of England ;) ).

For me though, it'd have to be Portsmouth, very passionate and noisy fanbase, commutable from South London, won the FA Cup only 5 or 6yrs ago. Not only that, they would only have to look over the road at Southampton to see how to build a team from top to bottom, invest heavily in youth and have the experienced heads around them.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Easy Leeds United massive club great history, huge fanbase. They should be in the Premiership instead of the likes of Crystal Palace and a few of the other smaller alsorans.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts