EPL and British Football

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Sir Alex disappoints me with this book he's released. It's a kiss and tell story book basically, which is a shame. SAF has more knowledge of the highest level of the game than anyone, and he fails to portray that in this 'book'. He has the ability to make a footballing manual, or a Bible, if you will. Giving honest accounts of different situations, what to look out for, what to avoid etc etc etc.

Instead it appears to be abit of a celebrity magazine than a real book.

I just hope he's sat in his armchair now, with a pencil behind his ear, thinking up idea's for the real thing, after this poor attempt at a dress rehearsal.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'd like to hear an audio version with Sir Alex reading it. :D

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

If you can understand such fare as ''Guan yersel Scholsey'' and ''Woy Keen izza ******'' ''Erich Kantonah ezz French izzneh?'' etc, etc.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sir Alex disappoints me with this book he's released. It's a kiss and tell story book basically, which is a shame. SAF has more knowledge of the highest level of the game than anyone, and he fails to portray that in this 'book'. He has the ability to make a footballing manual, or a Bible, if you will. Giving honest accounts of different situations, what to look out for, what to avoid etc etc etc.

Instead it appears to be abit of a celebrity magazine than a real book.

I just hope he's sat in his armchair now, with a pencil behind his ear, thinking up idea's for the real thing, after this poor attempt at a dress rehearsal.
Agree on this but as we all know - it sells !

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm - Im not a big Torres fan but I must admit he deserves some respect for his performance today though he had a huge chance he didnt convert. But very important, late goal by him, one assist and another awesome shot that unfortunately hits the bar.
And good to see that Schurrle has found his place in the starting lineup.:tup:
Right before the Chelsea game I could watch the final minutes of Sunderland against Newcastle, what a shot by Borini....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmm - Im not a big Torres fan but I must admit he deserves some respect for his performance today though he had a huge chance he didnt convert. But very important, late goal by him, one assist and another awesome shot that unfortunately hits the bar.
And good to see that Schurrle has found his place in the starting lineup.:tup:
Right before the Chelsea game I could watch the final minutes of Sunderland against Newcastle, what a shot by Borini....

Fairplay to Torres with the winner and as you said Nessie he set up Schurrle for the first one. Schurrle has fitted in from the start with a great attitude and he has played well. it bodes well for club and his country if that continues. :tup:

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho: "This is the drama of the last minute. I beat Manchester City in the last minute with Real Madrid, and I destroyed my trousers by sliding on the floor. If they feel I did something wrong today, I apologise.''

Last edited:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well must admit i had pretty much a perfect sports related weekend

Aberdeen beat the HIVees
Sunderland beat the mags
and of course we beat the Vikes

makes it worth being like a half-shut knife at work today

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Joe Hart; will he stay or will he go?

With any luck he's staying, with all those mistakes he would give David ''calamity'' James a run for his money. :D Some people used to say that Scottish goalkeepers were rubbish, but now its the English ones that are utter pants.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Man City had a half decent sub goalie, Hart would have dropped before now. Although I dont believe the goal was all his fault, the CB just CANNOT head the ball back there:
A) he hears Hart shout for it and lets him clear it
B ) he doesnt hear Hart, and clears the ball for a throw in, its 90th min ffs

Torres fully deserved that goal, mind. Missed a sitter in the first half, but his workrate was superb, off the ball movement was awesome and played on the last man's shoulder and blind side. Like the Torres from his second season at Liverpool, where he was by far the best CF in the world.

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well must admit i had pretty much a perfect sports related weekend

Aberdeen beat the HIVees
Sunderland beat the mags
and of course we beat the Vikes

makes it worth being like a half-shut knife at work today

Fantastic weekend mate.

The lad in the row behind me nearly snapped my neck in the wild celebrations after Borini's winner, well worth it though.
Must've watched the goal 20 times.:D

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fantastic weekend mate.

The lad in the row behind me nearly snapped my neck in the wild celebrations after Borini's winner, well worth it though.
Must've watched the goal 20 times.:D

He took it real well, its about time though, he's someone whos supposed to have bag loads of potential and never really proven it. I also had a couple of quid on 2-1 Fletcher FGS at 1/25 so i was rather happy too ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way Chelsea gets Lewandowski for only 7m GBP....:eek:
I wonder if Dortmund would really let him go after the first half of the season if a team places an acceptable bid ?
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/1...borussia-dortmund-striker-robert-lewandowski/

O.K., Ozil is good, he may be even a very good player, but please spare us any comparisions with Zinedine Zidane Mr. Wenger.
Ozil will never be at the same level as Zizou !
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...s-better-at-dribbling-than-zidane-says-wenger

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I wonder if Dortmund would really let him go after the first half of the season if a team places an acceptable bid ?
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/1...borussia-dortmund-striker-robert-lewandowski/

O.K., Ozil is good, he may be even a very good player, but please spare us any comparisions with Zinedine Zidane Mr. Wenger.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...s-better-at-dribbling-than-zidane-says-wenger

Nothing surprises me in Football anymore nessie, although its 7m more than they would have got had he gone to Bayern. ;) Id put in a cheeky £15m bid in first to test BVBs resolve whats the worst they are going to say............:D

Zidane v Ozil? :speechless: how silly, one is a genius the other is a decent water carrier.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Chelsea can have him. I'm still skeptical about Bayern taking him. They are already facing egos that need to be stroked and adding another one isn't going to help.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Chelsea can have him. I'm still skeptical about Bayern taking him. They are already facing egos that need to be stroked and adding another one isn't going to help.

Id take him, our strikers couldn't even do anything on a picket line.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Beside a possible transfer of Lewandowski, how about bringing back Lukaku, PackerFan71 ?
Lewandowski, Lukaku, Schürrle and Torres, that would sound like a competitive offense ;)

He's at Everton for at least a year nessie but he's coming back in the summer, im undecided if he can handle it at Chelsea to be honest. :unsure:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's at Everton for at least a year nessie but he's coming back in the summer, im undecided if he can handle it at Chelsea to be honest. :unsure:
Hmmm.....you think he's still not good enough to play for Chelsea. Really ? :confused: Well, I've only watched a few games where he played and always found him very good, just like his style of playing football. But I guess you know him much better than I do....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmm.....you think he's still not good enough to play for Chelsea. Really ? :confused: Well, I've only watched a few games where he played and always found him very good, just like his style of playing football. But I guess you know him much better than I do....

The jury is out for him for me nessie, what cant be denied though is hes scoring for the clubs where there's less expectation. But you never know he could turn into Drogba MK2 well thats what id like. :)

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I think Lukaku will be perfect for Chelsea, he'll play on the last man amd stretch the length of the game, allowing more space behind him for Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Mata etc. Rather than Torres who sometimes drops too short for the ball, and swamping the midfield, allowing it too easy for the opposition to close down the space.

Members online

Latest posts