EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
just for nessie ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ahhh....come on Bill, it was a friendly, that doesnt count. ;)
So a '66 World Cup Championship with many thanks to a Russian linesman and a win in a friendly match against Germany are the alltime highlights of English Football ?
Dang, you must be quite desperate over there ! :p

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
So a '66 World Cup Championship with many thanks to a Russian linesman and a win in a friendly match against Germany are the alltime highlights of English Football ?

I think for the most part even the England fans realize what they are now.....A country living on a past glory in home competition the best part of 50 years ago. The media there will soon enough have them all whipped up in a frenzy once more next summer, so sure in knowledge that the World Cup is theirs for the taking............:rolleyes: :D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think for the most part even the England fans realize what they are now.....A country living on a past glory in home competition the best part of 50 years ago. The media there will soon enough have them all whipped up in a frenzy once more next summer, so sure in knowledge that the World Cup is theirs for the taking............:rolleyes: :D

Will you lot be going ??? :rolleyes::p

I

Of course we`re desperate......:roflmao: Poor Roy better start looking for a new job after next year. :(

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here we go - the friendly England-Germany will be fixed soon. :tup:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lies-Germany-non-European-team-confirmed.html

''I expect to be in a position in the next 24 hours to confirm one of them. I don’t think it is any great secret that we are expecting to play Germany in the second of the two games next month...
That would conclude the 150th anniversary celebrations of the FA so it would be a great way to end the year''

Lets spoil their party ! :sneaky::D
Not very smart, FA, not very smart, maybe they should sign San Marino or Luxembourg instead of Germany for this friendly. ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Here we go - the friendly England-Germany will be fixed soon. :tup:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lies-Germany-non-European-team-confirmed.html
''I expect to be in a position in the next 24 hours to confirm one of them. I don’t think it is any great secret that we are expecting to play Germany in the second of the two games next month...
That would conclude the 150th anniversary celebrations of the FA so it would be a great way to end the year''

Lets spoil their party ! :sneaky::D
Not very smart, FA, not very smart, maybe they should sign San Marino or Luxembourg instead of Germany for this friendly. ;)

''The FA think technically superior teams such as San Marino and Luxemborg should be avoided, Germany will be a walk over for the Queens Eleven after all what have they ever won?'' - A spokesperson from the Football Association. :roflmao:

The above is more like the type of comment you'd expect from the FA, they are so out of touch.

Wow! Croatia can still qualify and they still sack the coach. :confused:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24550438

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
''The FA think technically superior teams such as San Marino and Luxemborg should be avoided, Germany will be a walk over for the Queens Eleven after all what have they ever won?'' - A spokesperson from the Football Association. :roflmao:

The above is more like the type of comment you'd expect from the FA, they are so out of touch.

Just read it in our paper this morning, crazy. But what is more important - Scotland has beaten a team that is likely to qualify for the World Cup. Thats definetely a step forward and as you said - unfortunately Gordon Strachan took over too late.
But Europe 2016 seems to be possible for Scotland if they keep improving like this....

I

Thats the F.A. all over. I`m surprised they haven`t complained about the seeding England got. This is one of the reasons I rarely follow our game anymore. I love to banter with you Scottish guys but seriously I can totally understand why we are so hated by you guys. The Germans aren`t too bad either.....lol ;)

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
We aren't particularly good, and i genuinly think 90% believe that too. It's the English media that makes us look an idiot at times though, we win and we're the best team ever and will be winning the WC, we lose and we're on par with San Marino and the Faroe Islands. English media are probably the worst in the world, and yet are probably paid more than any other country.

Back to the game though, we did what we had to do over the 2 games, won both, scored 6 and conceded just 1 in the process, not bad going. Highlights were Townsend, Rooney, Gerrard and Baines. Still, hate seeing Smalling at RB, he just isnt a full back, and gets caught out far too much, surely we should have picked a better replacement for Walker, a natural RB.

As for the World Cup, getting to a quarter final would be a decent competition for us, i dont think we've got enough world class players right now. I do think it will be the first time the WC is won by a European side in south America though.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
We aren't particularly good, and i genuinly think 90% believe that too. It's the English media that makes us look an idiot at times though, we win and we're the best team ever and will be winning the WC, we lose and we're on par with San Marino and the Faroe Islands. English media are probably the worst in the world, and yet are probably paid more than any other country.

Back to the game though, we did what we had to do over the 2 games, won both, scored 6 and conceded just 1 in the process, not bad going. Highlights were Townsend, Rooney, Gerrard and Baines. Still, hate seeing Smalling at RB, he just isnt a full back, and gets caught out far too much, surely we should have picked a better replacement for Walker, a natural RB.

As for the World Cup, getting to a quarter final would be a decent competition for us, i dont think we've got enough world class players right now. I do think it will be the first time the WC is won by a European side in south America though.

I agree with pretty much all you have said here, getting out of the group is the first step. If memory serves me correct england just about scraped through that last time around before they came up against a proper team. I'm not trying to be funny but if i was a fan of theirs id keep my expectations pretty low.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
For me my disike for the england national side is a sporting thing only, its just silly banter. I quite like some english people. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting discussion.... did I mention that I dont like Brits anymore ?!
They found a British WW2 bomb yesterday, it took me 2 hours to find a way back home because it was a complete chaos everywhere in Hamburg. :mad::D
But to be serious - the Germany-England rivalry is a sporting thing for me too, but its a lot of fun ! ;)

@Wolf Packer: Nice avatar :tup:
Im not sure if it really will be an European team that wins the WC in Brazil but as long as its not Spain (and Italy :poop:) its O.K.
Im so tired of this boring "tiki-taka" style of playing :sleep:

I

They found a British WW2 bomb yesterday, it took me 2 hours to find a way back home because it was a complete chaos everywhere in Hamburg. :mad::D
But to be serious - the Germany-England rivalry is a sporting thing for me too, but its a lot of fun ! ;)

Im not sure if it really will be an European team that wins the WC in Brazil but as long as its not Spain (and Italy :poop:) its O.K.

Sorry about the bomb...;)

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You could open a whole new can of worms and ask who actually won the war, who's now better off in the aftermath of it? But i'll leave that political **** for another day ;)

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More news in the past 24hrd from the England camp. Hodgson, during his HT teamtalk related to an old english phrase of 'feed the monkey' in relation to the fact we needed to give Townsend the ball more, as he was making the Polish LB look a fool.

Now, the issue there is not what he said, neither in literal terms or in the context it was spoken. The issue is that one member of the England team told the newspapers what he said straight after the game (this player has not been named yet, but it can only stay secret for so long). What annoys me is that this guy didnt have the balls to speak to Roy in person after the game if he felt seriously offended by what was said, nor did he contact the FA, instead told a tabloid newspaper (no doubt recieving a sum of money for doing so).

Whoever that ****** is, they DO NOT get on that plane to Brazil, i dont care less who they are, Rooney, Hart, Baines, Smalling... i couldnt care less who it is. They do not travel, simple. We do not want snitches like that in the camp during the tournament.

Rant over :)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
On a lighter note, Brazil or Brasil? ;)

For all their fancy Football the country has lost all its novelty for me, i don't mind the ones playing at Chelsea but the Cheatzil national side are forever that in my book. :poop: :mad: (Match fixing, '74 World Cup)

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
More news in the past 24hrd from the England camp. Hodgson, during his HT teamtalk related to an old english phrase of 'feed the monkey' in relation to the fact we needed to give Townsend the ball more, as he was making the Polish LB look a fool.

Now, the issue there is not what he said, neither in literal terms or in the context it was spoken. The issue is that one member of the England team told the newspapers what he said straight after the game (this player has not been named yet, but it can only stay secret for so long). What annoys me is that this guy didnt have the balls to speak to Roy in person after the game if he felt seriously offended by what was said, nor did he contact the FA, instead told a tabloid newspaper (no doubt recieving a sum of money for doing so).

Whoever that ****** is, they DO NOT get on that plane to Brazil, i dont care less who they are, Rooney, Hart, Baines, Smalling... i couldnt care less who it is. They do not travel, simple. We do not want snitches like that in the camp during the tournament.

Rant over :)

What goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room, i would not defend what was said but in the heat of the moment its not a place of political correctness. The Snitch/Grass who let the story out.......................................

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could open a whole new can of worms and ask who actually won the war, who's now better off in the aftermath of it? But i'll leave that political **** for another day ;)
Hope you guys know that I was only joking but isnt it amazing that they still find WW2 bombs though its 70 years ago when they dropped them on Hamburg. :eek:

Back on football:
As PackerFan71 said that should stay in the locker room and as Townsend doesnt feel offended just move on though I dont find it very smart by Hodgson if I have several black players on my team. :rolleyes:
And about the grass - you have them in every team but especially in teams with bad locker room chemistry.
Im convinced we will soon know who talked with the newspapers about this issue.... ;)

Btw - perhaps Germany and England have to play against each other earlier than expected :eek:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...in-Brazil-after-qualification-is-secured.html

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hope you guys know that I was only joking but isnt it amazing that they still find WW2 bombs though its 70 years ago when they dropped them on Hamburg. :eek:

Back on football:
As PackerFan71 said that should stay in the locker room and as Townsend doesnt feel offended just move on though I dont find it very smart by Hodgson if I have several black players on my team. :rolleyes:
And about the grass - you have them in every team but especially in teams with bad locker room chemistry.
Im convinced we will soon know who talked with the newspapers about this issue.... ;)

Btw - perhaps Germany and England have to play against each other earlier than expected :eek:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...in-Brazil-after-qualification-is-secured.html

Thats one of the sad Ironies of WWII Hamburg was heavily bombed at the time even though ****** by all accounts was not really that popular there.

Some Football managers are not the cleverest people it really is a PC storm in a teacup. The media always have a field day with things like this. Would i be offended if an English person called me a Jock? no not really. :rolleyes:

Yeah i saw that, not seeded in with one of the big boys should be interesting. :sneaky:

Edit : And the delusion begins.............................I'll have whatever medication he's on. :roflmao:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24579706

Last edited:

Latest posts