EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Did that hurt? Jackie McNamara welcomes a relic to Celtic.
Charity game.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Missing players because of stupid yellow cards is annoying. Who will be qualified for the world cup ? Only the winner of the group or even two teams ? Mexico looks surprisingly weak so far and the US shouldnt put their chances in jeopardy by losing against them.
Maybe I can watch them play after arriving in PHL on Tuesday. Will they air the game on TV ?

It will be aired on ESPN I think.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, Scotland with a 2-1 win against Macedonia. There we go ! :tup::)
And USA leads 1-0 at the moment, well deserved so far and nice athmosphere there in Columbus!
Eddie Johnson is quite impressive, no surprise it was him who scored with a header ! :tup:

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow, Scotland with a 2-1 win against Macedonia. There we go ! :tup::)
And USA leads 1-0 at the moment, well deserved so far and nice athmosphere there in Columbus!
Eddie Johnson is quite impressive, no surprise it was him who scored with a header ! :tup:

Great result they outplayed Macedonia, the winner from a freekick was class. The game was not as close as the score suggests in the end it could have been 4 or 5-1

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great result they outplayed Macedonia, the winner from a freekick was class. The game was not as close as the score suggests in the end it could have been 4 or 5-1
Sounds good. :tup:
Couldnt find a video with the goals yet but I will try again later. Have to grab me a breakfast first ;)
Found this interesting article and I wonder why Anya was booed ? :confused:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...un-Maloney-score-goals.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
US won their qualifier. Will Klinsman have them whipped into contenders by Brazil?
There were parts of the game where the US team reminded me of the German team 2006. I think they are on a very good way and it shows that you can develop a team if you stay patient. :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sounds good. :tup:
Couldnt find a video with the goals yet but I will try again later. Have to grab me a breakfast first ;)
Found this interesting article and I wonder why Anya was booed ? :confused:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...un-Maloney-score-goals.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Give this a go it probly wont work due to where you currently are though.
Eastern Europe is still in the dark ages as far as racism is concerned. :tdown:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24007618

Edit:
I'm getting to like this fellow, he talks more sense than i thought....................
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24042977

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give this a go it probly wont work due to where you currently are though.
Eastern Europe is still in the dark ages as far as racism is concerned. :tdown:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24007618

Edit:
I'm getting to like this fellow, he talks more sense than i thought....................
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24042977

Makes it even more satisfiying that he scored ;)
Hmmm, I'm afraid that is only one of his very few bright moments :D

Btw - I'll be in Charlotte on Saturday, trying to take some pictures of the Bank of America Stadium.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Makes it even more satisfiying that he scored ;)
Hmmm, I'm afraid that is only one of his very few bright moments :D

Btw - I'll be in Charlotte on Saturday, trying to take some pictures of the Bank of America Stadium.

Yep!

Is that the Panthers? had a look online at few pics open arena nice looking Stadium. :tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Germany dropped to number 3 in the FIFA rankings behind Spain and Argentina. USA came in 13th. I don't think you want to hear where they placed England.:devilish:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Germany dropped to number 3 in the FIFA rankings behind Spain and Argentina. USA came in 13th. I don't think you want to hear where they placed England.:devilish:

Don't worry about FIFA rankings Croak, they don't take the quality of the opposition into the equation. A game against Luxemburg is the same value as that against Argentina?! England? judging by their boring performance a couple of days ago id say the the USA even though the country hates the game in general, are a better side so the rankings in this case bare a smidgin of the truth . :eek:

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

But I thought SOCCER was on par with womens hockey and chess in the U.S., so making it to the world cup finals wont really matter anyway ??? :p

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
But I thought SOCCER was on par with womens hockey and chess in the U.S., so making it to the world cup finals wont really matter anyway ??? :p

Hehehehe....I'm kind of happy to see how much ground "soccer" is gaining in the U.S. (pardon the pun). It used to be that the sports news rarely covered soccer. And it used to be that you couldn't see a match on T.V. to save your life. Now there is a soccer section in all the sports pages and also soccer almost every weekend on T.V. and sometimes even during the week. High Schools and colleges are really catching the footy bug and that helps a lot.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hehehehe....I'm kind of happy to see how much ground "soccer" is gaining in the U.S. (pardon the pun). It used to be that the sports news rarely covered soccer. And it used to be that you couldn't see a match on T.V. to save your life. Now there is a soccer section in all the sports pages and also soccer almost every weekend on T.V. and sometimes even during the week. High Schools and colleges are really catching the footy bug and that helps a lot.
;). Only teasing. Nice photo with Mr Robinson ?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This ranking is a joke Croak, though I think number 1 to 4 is quite acceptable but Colombia on 5 and Belgium on 6 ? Come on Fifa :rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmm, what happened , PackerFan71 ? Surprised to read that Chelsea lost at Everton ? :eek:

Btw...as promised some pictures from Charlotte. Stadium was closed but Panthers store was open so I could buy me a Panthers pin for my collection :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Chelsea v Everton? what happened was Naismith who could not hit a barn door against Macedonia decides he wants to score and does so. :rolleyes: Everton then park the bus, and Chelsea then miss chance after chance. Its a simple game as you know, its all about putting the ball in the net. :whistling:

Nice pics of the Stadium, yay you finally found a store that was open! Weather also looks good. :tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hmmmm, what happened , PackerFan71 ? Surprised to read that Chelsea lost at Everton ? :eek:

Btw...as promised some pictures from Charlotte. Stadium was closed but Panthers store was open so I could buy me a Panthers pin for my collection :tup:

Believe it or not I spent some time in Charlotte working on my Master's Degree, but never saw the stadium. It's cool. Now that I think about it, the Stadium probably didn't exist then.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe it or not I spent some time in Charlotte working on my Master's Degree, but never saw the stadium. It's cool. Now that I think about it, the Stadium probably didn't exist then.
If you finished your Masters Degree before 1996, you couldnt see it Croak because it was opened in '96. ;)
Right next to the Bank of America Stadium they are building a new Baseball stadium for the Knights, but as much as I know Charlotte hasnt a MLB team so I assume they play somewhere in a minor league that I dont know ?! :confused:
Lots of new buildings in this part of Charlotte anyway, especially interesting museums and the NASCAR Hall of Fame.

Edit: Pictures of Falcons and Eagles stadiums to come. :)
I'll be in Atlanta next Saturday and in PHL at the end of our trip from Sunday to Tuesday. When we landed on PHL airport I could see that the Eagles and Phillies stadiums are right beside each other.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chelsea v Everton? what happened was Naismith who could not hit a barn door against Macedonia decides he wants to score and does so. :rolleyes: Everton then park the bus, and Chelsea then miss chance after chance. Its a simple game as you know, its all about putting the ball in the net. :whistling:

Nice pics of the Stadium, yay you finally found a store that was open! Weather also looks good. :tup:

That worked because its still early in the season. Chelsea will be in better shape and better prepared as the season goes on, no doubt about it.:tup:
Yepp and I hope the Eagles and Falcons will have an opened store as well ;)
Could also buy me some Packers stuff in a store that provides merchandise of MLB, NFL and College Football.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts