EPL and British Football

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hamburg is close to our German Marzipan capital Lubeck, so maybe thats why you get it everywhere in this area.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lübeck_Marzipan
Yepp, Dr. Pepper has a strange taste. Most people I know who have tried Dr. Pepper just found it disgusting. :D

Hmmmm, doesnt look very reliable, if you are looking for more informations you'll find blank websites or master pages with sample text.

For example
http://33footballshirt.com/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo

And 8 GBP for a Germany Away shirt ? :cautious:

Wow. Dr. Pepper is one of the favorites around here. Isn't that strange? I actually like it a lot.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Me too Croak, I love Dr.Pepper ;)

Btw - halftime Croatia-Scotland 0:1 !

Who'da thought it Scotland score a goal and actually are ahead for once, don't hold your breath though. ;)
If nothing else i'm glad we shut up that arrogant Croat coach, who said we would never even cross the half way line.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Only five minutes left, come on Scotland ;)

Ha Yowza! job done nice to put one over Olić again, who predicted a easy 3-0 home win. Hope his pie humble is tasting good. :D I just wish Strachan was coach at the start of qualifying, we might still have been in with a chance.

Pack Rat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Pack Rat :tup:
Are you from Portland or Oregon?
Recently I read a story about the Timbers in one of our German football magazines.
I learned that they even have Ultras, the Timbers Army. :eek:;)
The article was about the fact that the MLS has grown up and the writer described what he has experienced during a game between the Timbers and Seattle Sounders.
He said that the Sounders are perhaps the most popular team in the league and do have the best organized fans with several fan organisations.
I live in Oregon! I am a Packers and Oregon Ducks fan, too! As far as fan bases are concerned, the Timbers Army and Timbers fans in general leave the Sounders in the dust. Then again, maybe I'm just biased! :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha Yowza! job done nice to put one over Olić again, who predicted a easy 3-0 home win. Hope his pie humble is tasting good. :D I just wish Strachan was coach at the start of qualifying, we might still have been in with a chance.

Yepp, unfortunately too late for a comeback but maybe a first step into the right direction and a turn for the better.
I hope Scotland will improve steadily so that there will be a real chance to qualify for the Euro 2016 tournament :tup:

Edit: btw - just tried my first Irn Bru, ...not bad though I dont have any idea how I could describe the taste, sweet, a litte orange ? Hmmm...? :confused::cautious:
Anyway, I like it, much better than Red Bull for example...;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, unfortunately too late for a comeback but maybe a first step into the right direction and a turn for the better.
I hope Scotland will improve steadily so that there will be a real chance to qualify for the Euro 2016 tournament :tup:

Edit: btw - just tried my first Irn Bru, ...not bad though I dont have any idea how I could describe the taste, sweet, a litte orange ? Hmmm...? :confused::cautious:
Anyway, I like it, much better than Red Bull for example...;)

Steady improvement is all we ask, its clear that the players really wanted to play for him. When you consider the amount of call offs for one reason or another to beat a side ranked fourth in the world is pretty good. But we all know the ranking systems a joke, the Dutch and Argentina are not as good as Croatia? yeah right. :D

You would expect from looking at it that its an orange drink but its not although maybe there is a tiny little in there. Yep its hard to pin down the taste, but like Coke the recipe is a secret, i grew up with it so its our version of Dr Pepper i guess. :)

Stadium developments.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-60-000-seater-stadium-invite-new-Bridge.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steady improvement is all we ask, its clear that the players really wanted to play for him. When you consider the amount of call offs for one reason or another to beat a side ranked fourth in the world is pretty good. But we all know the ranking systems a joke, the Dutch and Argentina are not as good as Croatia? yeah right. :D

You would expect from looking at it that its an orange drink but its not although maybe there is a tiny little in there. Yep its hard to pin down the taste, but like Coke the recipe is a secret, i grew up with it so its our version of Dr Pepper i guess. :)

Stadium developments.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-60-000-seater-stadium-invite-new-Bridge.html

Thats a joke, indeed :rolleyes:
Brazil on 22nd place.....far behind of huge football nations like Ecuador, Switzerland or Belgium. Ridiculous. :D

Thats very interesting and understandable that they need a new stadium with more seats to compete with Arsenal or other top clubs.
But I wonder if they really will get a permission to build a new stadium in the middle of the city.
In Germany most new stadiums were built on the edge of most cities because of the infrastructure like parking lots, motorway(Autobahn) exits and less noise for citizens.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats a joke, indeed :rolleyes:
Brazil on 22nd place.....far behind of huge football nations like Ecuador, Switzerland or Belgium. Ridiculous. :D

Thats very interesting and understandable that they need a new stadium with more seats to compete with Arsenal or other top clubs.
But I wonder if they really will get a permission to build a new stadium in the middle of the city.
In Germany most new stadiums were built on the edge of most cities because of the infrastructure like parking lots, motorway(Autobahn) exits and less noise for citizens.

Are they that low now? i know that in comparison to the past they are a bit average but Ecuador, Switzerland are above them? proves the point. :rolleyes:

Abramovich tried to buy the former Battersea power station a while back, but the deal fell through. It would have been a crazy development but interesting. Im all for moving to that other plot as its nearby moving is essential, to A make more seats available and B reduce hopefully the amount it costs for seats. Stamford Bridge is not really an option long term due to lots of issues in upgrading.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are they that low now? i know that in comparison to the past they are a bit average but Ecuador, Switzerland are above them? proves the point. :rolleyes:

Abramovich tried to buy the former Battersea power station a while back, but the deal fell through. It would have been a crazy development but interesting. Im all for moving to that other plot as its nearby moving is essential, to A make more seats available and B reduce hopefully the amount it costs for seats. Stamford Bridge is not really an option long term due to lots of issues in upgrading.

Wow, thats impressive - would have been a fantastic idea to use the old Battersea power station. :tup:
Thats how I knew Battersea before I visited it the first time during one of my London trips a few years ago ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow, thats impressive - would have been a fantastic idea to use the old Battersea power station. :tup:
Thats how I knew Battersea before I visited it the first time during one of my London trips a few years ago ;)

Yeah its such an iconic building, and would have been a B*****p crazy development. :eek::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
omg, thats a joke, did you already see the new Liverpool away shirt, PackerFan71 ? :eek:

They call it "modern retro", I call it simply ugly. :rolleyes:
Sometimes I'm tired of all this Marketing blah blah...
I wonder who will buy this shirt but to each his own. ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
omg, thats a joke, did you already see the new Liverpool away shirt, PackerFan71 ? :eek:

They call it "modern retro", I call it simply ugly. :rolleyes:
Sometimes I'm tired of all this Marketing blah blah...
I wonder who will buy this shirt but to each his own. ;)

Yeah i saw that one, i agree its awful should be sent to room 101 of rank kits. I think i also saw a black and purple version of the same vintage if im not mistaken its just as bad. :D
I think they were somehow trying to copy this classic. Fail. :roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i saw that one, i agree its awful should be sent to room 101 of rank kits. I think i also saw a black and purple version of the same vintage if im not mistaken its just as bad. :D
I think they were somehow trying to copy this classic. Fail. :roflmao:
Thats a nice one....simple, classic design.
But I have to admit that Hamburg had his failures too, look at this one, perhaps the worst shirt ever in our history. :confused:

The former HSV- president Dr. Peter Krohn thought pink shirts would be a good idea
to make football more attractive to women..... :rolleyes::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats a nice one....simple, classic design.
But I have to admit that Hamburg had his failures too, look at this one, perhaps the worst shirt ever in our history. :confused:

The former HSV- president Dr. Peter Krohn thought pink shirts would be a good idea
to make football more attractive to women..... :rolleyes::D

Wow thats pretty special that one! when was this i'm guessing by the haircuts late 70s early 80s? Pink! what were they on that day? the collar is also spectacular. ;)

Pink shirt, black shorts, purple socks.... WOW :eek:

We've had some kinda poor away shirts, but our home tops have been fairly decent, i especially like our new home shirt.

Yeah i have to agree with you there, the past couple of Wolves home shirts have been nae bad at all.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may look a little strange, pink shirt, black short and purple socks but nowadays they call it "Colour blocking", its the latest fashion trend. :eek: :cool:
Your guess is right PackerFan71, late 70's - so they were at least 35 years ahead of their time :D

The new Wolves shirt looks nice, the only downside is that it is made by Puma - usually not the best quality.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nevermind his antics in his and his private life they are bad enough, as a player he's past it. Loyalty is one thing but this decision is just silly.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22848175

Yeah, he should have chosen another player, maybe Frank Lampard or one of the younger players?

Do you expect Torres to stay at Chelsea ?
Mourinho leaves it open, I guess if there will be an offer for him they will let him go...

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, he should have chosen another player, maybe Frank Lampard or one of the younger players?

Do you expect Torres to stay at Chelsea ?
Mourinho leaves it open, I guess if there will be an offer for him they will let him go...

Lampard should be captain no question, model pro great player great guy.

Ill say it now, he's past it aswell. Id rather a guy playing to 75- 85% of his ability game in game out instead of a player who plays 90% in a final. Hes inconsistent and misses absolute sitters on a regular basis. Hope he proves me wrong but i have my doubts, Mourinho will give him time and look at him then decide to ship him on.

It may look a little strange, pink shirt, black short and purple socks but nowadays they call it "Colour blocking", its the latest fashion trend. :eek: :cool:
Your guess is right PackerFan71, late 70's - so they were at least 35 years ahead of their time :D

The new Wolves shirt looks nice, the only downside is that it is made by Puma - usually not the best quality.

Really? first i heard of that one! :) Oh well i guess its true what they say, wear or keep something for 35 odd years and eventually it will come back in fashion again.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? first i heard of that one! :) Oh well i guess its true what they say, wear or keep something for 35 odd years and eventually it will come back in fashion again.

Yepp, just check your next Tommy Hilfiger Store for example.
Green trousers, orange shirt and red socks - no problem nowadays :eek::laugh:
But thats not my style of fashion.... :confused: ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, just check your next Tommy Hilfiger Store for example.
Green trousers, orange shirt and red socks - no problem nowadays :eek::laugh:
But thats not my style of fashion.... :confused: ;)

Ah i get it now, one dominant in your face colour beside another. Nah not for me either. That type of thing is so fickle.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Proving that Football and fashion should not mix, i give you.......................:eek: :D