EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
God bless David Luis, really nice fella and better Midfielder than a Defender. He is a luxury item as a player, and not really a Mourinho type. If he moves then i wish him well, DeBruyne? has not even played a game so no loss. Wait untill Abramovich gets out his crinkly bits of paper. ;)

De Bruyne is good, but not good enough for Chelsea.
I guess he can be a good and above average Bundesliga player, but thats it.

...now its official ;)
http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3199099/title/mourinho-appointed

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a few of the shirts on there, the one that pleases me most is the 85-88 version. Genuine Umbro not a flaky remake. I got mine in a charity shop for peanuts, size large all embroidered badges on it and number 7 on the back what a steal. :tup:

That looks awesome, very classic design.
Obviously one of the all time favourites, you just have to compare the prices and
you know which one is collectors favourite. ;)
Btw - i wonder who designed the 95/96 away shirt, terrible... :eek::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That looks awesome, very classic design.
Obviously one of the all time favourites, you just have to compare the prices and
you know which one is collectors favourite. ;)
Btw - i wonder who designed the 95/96 away shirt, terrible... :eek::D

Seriously rank design people actually bought that? the shirt below is another shocker (circa 1991) but the present away one is one of my favourites simple classic and white.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/catalog/product/view/sid/504403158265508246/

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Don't you just love it when grown men get Biotchy, the jealousy is so hard to detect. :)

The Times chief sport correspondent Matt ****inson has his say on Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich bringing Jose Mourinho back to manage Chelsea.
In his column for the newspaper, he says: "No-one was buying Jose Mourinho's guff yesterday about romance and a place in each other's hearts and this reunion being meant to be.
"Roman Abramovich's passion was for Pep Guardiola. Mourinho wanted Manchester United. For two men so accustomed to getting their own way, it must be disconcerting to be united* in defeat."

Freudian slip, i think the keyword is united*
:roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously rank design people actually bought that? the shirt below is another shocker (circa 1991) but the present away one is one of my favourites simple classic and white.

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/catalog/product/view/sid/504403158265508246/

OMG :eek:
But state of the art those days, just look at this Germany shirt :D
http://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/product-info.php?1990_92_West_Germany_Home_Shirt-pid9978.html

Agree, that present shirt has a timeless design ! :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm an Arsenal fan...EPL, and also a Portland Timbers fan...MLS.
Welcome Pack Rat :tup:
Are you from Portland or Oregon?
Recently I read a story about the Timbers in one of our German football magazines.
I learned that they even have Ultras, the Timbers Army. :eek:;)
The article was about the fact that the MLS has grown up and the writer described what he has experienced during a game between the Timbers and Seattle Sounders.
He said that the Sounders are perhaps the most popular team in the league and do have the best organized fans with several fan organisations.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
OMG :eek:
But state of the art those days, just look at this Germany shirt :D
http://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/product-info.php?1990_92_West_Germany_Home_Shirt-pid9978.html

Agree, that present shirt has a timeless design ! :tup:

Gowd i could have had one of those for next to nothing a few years ago, look at the price of one now! :eek:
Yeah state of the art and timeless, are two different concepts in football shirt design. ;)

Here's another.......shame they were cheats. :mad:
http://www.footballfashionboutique.com/t-shirts/adidas-retro-olympique-marseille-tee.html

Speaking of cheats and conspiracy's, here is another reason why as a Scotland fan i have now grown to dislike the whole World Cup thing to my core 1974.
http://www.pubpokerchallenge.co.uk/2012/12/10/world-cup-1974-poker-preview-part-2/

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Portland are my MLS side too.

Looking forward to seeing Mourinho back in the Premier League, one of his first signings may be Dzeko from Man City, he'd fit in nicely under Jose i think.

I did also hear that he is after Wesley Sneijder.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
I did also hear that he is after Wesley Sneijder.

Not entirely sure where he'd fit in with the likes of Mata, Oscar and Hazard all able to play in the role behind the striker. I think its essential they hold onto Luiz mind, they should build the foundations round him. They could also do with another top quality CB.

Got a sneaky feeling that Liverpool wont be too far off the title race next season too, if they're clever in the transfer market they could really turn some heads.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Not entirely sure where he'd fit in with the likes of Mata, Oscar and Hazard all able to play in the role behind the striker. I think its essential they hold onto Luiz mind, they should build the foundations round him. They could also do with another top quality CB.

Got a sneaky feeling that Liverpool wont be too far off the title race next season too, if they're clever in the transfer market they could really turn some heads.

Luiz is all over the place in defence, real heart attack territory. But he's a revelation in midfield a real threat. As his performance in the Europa League showed.

Livepool nearly always promise something, but hardly ever deliver. Going to be a really interesting season.

Homesickness Jessszzzzzzz solution : grow your own talent or grow up. :rolleyes:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22764986

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Luiz Suarez in a swap for Arjen Robben a possibility. :mad: Robben may be a ball hog but he doesn't go around biting people. What the heck are they thinking (or drinking) in Bayern???

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Luiz Suarez in a swap for Arjen Robben a possibility. :mad: Robben may be a ball hog but he doesn't go around biting people. What the heck are they thinking (or drinking) in Bayern???

Hope for your sake that's wrong Suarez is bad news, btw i would have Robben back at the Bridge, predictable he is yes but he's good.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luiz is all over the place in defence, real heart attack territory. But he's a revelation in midfield a real threat. As his performance in the Europa League showed.

Livepool nearly always promise something, but hardly ever deliver. Going to be a really interesting season.

Homesickness Jessszzzzzzz solution : grow your own talent or grow up. :rolleyes:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22764986

Indeed, I'm curious to see what will happen with ManU and David Moyes, he will be under pressure.
Following Sir Alex is a formidable challenge.

Homesickness and modern, professional football - it doesnt fit together.
Will be interesting to see if Navas will make it or if he returns to Spain soon...

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Indeed, I'm curious to see what will happen with ManU and David Moyes, he will be under pressure.
Following Sir Alex is a formidable challenge.

Homesickness and modern, professional football - it doesnt fit together.
Will be interesting to see if Navas will make it or if he returns to Spain soon...

I think Moyes will be given time, like Ferguson was. He won nothing for his first three years crazy to think about it, he was close to getting the sack at one point.

We are all different i guess, but when i left home for the first time it was great. A new adventure.
I don't know anything about Navas at all. :confused:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Moyes will be given time, like Ferguson was. He won nothing for his first three years crazy to think about it, he was close to getting the sack at one point.

We are all different i guess, but when i left home for the first time it was great. A new adventure.
I don't know anything about Navas at all. :confused:

I'm not sure about it, its a huge business nowadays and different from when Sir Alex started they are now owned by hedge funds.
And shareholders of a hedge fund usually want to see a roi as soon as possible.
I hope ManU has a good management that can control the expectations of their shareholders and owners because I think Moyes has deserved a decent shot.

Me too, never felt homesick but as you wrote - we are all different.

Sorry for being off topic but look what I found (and bought) during my lunch break :cool:
Gets me in the mood for my oncoming trip to Edinburgh in July... ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'm not sure about it, its a huge business nowadays and different from when Sir Alex started they are now owned by hedge funds.
And shareholders of a hedge fund usually want to see a roi as soon as possible.
I hope ManU has a good management that can control the expectations of their shareholders and owners because I think Moyes has deserved a decent shot.

Me too, never felt homesick but as you wrote - we are all different.

Sorry for being off topic but look what I found (and bought) during my lunch break :cool:
Gets me in the mood for my oncoming trip to Edinburgh in July... ;)

Ha nice you will either love or hate the Marmite. :) The IRN BRU is the same, some don't like it but i beg to differ, if your Scottish there is no other soft drink it's a (Hangover cure) aswell. Dr Pepper is the one i cant understand, why drink marzipan? Not sure if i've tried Belhaven before, i think it will be pretty good though.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha nice you will either love or hate the Marmite. :) The IRN BRU is the same, some don't like it but i beg to differ, if your Scottish there is no other soft drink it's a (Hangover cure) aswell. Dr Pepper is the one i cant understand, why drink marzipan? Not sure if i've tried Belhaven before, i think it will be pretty good though.

Dang, me and my wife accidentally swapped our sandwiches this morning, just noticed it. Now she has my Marmite sandwich :mad: I'm pretty sure she wont eat it :D

Havent tried IRN BRU yet but I must admit that I love Dr. Pepper, especially Diet Pepper...;)
Do you think it tastes like Marzipan ? Maybe thats why I love it because I love Marzipan as well. :)

Havent tried Belhaven before too, bought me a couple of London Pride as well - they have a great choice of British beer.
Its a nice, little shop where they sell English books and British food. The owner is an Englishman.

Back on football:

City already spent 20 m Euros for Navas and now 35 m Euros for a 28 yo player named Fernandinho whom I didnt know before :eek:
Wow :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Dang, me and my wife accidentally swapped our sandwiches this morning, just noticed it. Now she has my Marmite sandwich :mad: I'm pretty sure she wont eat it :D

Havent tried IRN BRU yet but I must admit that I love Dr. Pepper, especially Diet Pepper...;)
Do you think it tastes like Marzipan ? Maybe thats why I love it because I love Marzipan as well. :)

Havent tried Belhaven before too, bought me a couple of London Pride as well - they have a great choice of British beer.
Its a nice, little shop where they sell English books and British food. The owner is an Englishman.

Back on football:

City already spent 20 m Euros for Navas and now 35 m Euros for a 28 yo player named Fernandinho whom I didnt know before :eek:
Wow :rolleyes:

I think you could be right there! ;)

No not really into Marzipan was never up there on my like list. As a kid i remember a relative brought back a Dr Pepper from Canada, i was like yuck what is that??!!:confused::D

So Man City buy another Brazillian for around £30m whos name ends in ''Inho'' I wonder how long it will be before he realizes he should have joined Real Madrid instead. :roflmao:

Interested in cheap shirts? found this link im tempted. But ill do a bit of research before i decide.
http://33footballshirt.com/

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you could be right there! ;)

No not really into Marzipan was never up there on my like list. As a kid i remember a relative brought back a Dr Pepper from Canada, i was like yuck what is that??!!:confused::D

So Man City buy another Brazillian for around £30m whos name ends in ''Inho'' I wonder how long it will be before he realizes he should have joined Real Madrid instead. :roflmao:

Interested in cheap shirts? found this link im tempted. But ill do a bit of research before i decide.
http://33footballshirt.com/

Hamburg is close to our German Marzipan capital Lubeck, so maybe thats why you get it everywhere in this area.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lübeck_Marzipan
Yepp, Dr. Pepper has a strange taste. Most people I know who have tried Dr. Pepper just found it disgusting. :D

Hmmmm, doesnt look very reliable, if you are looking for more informations you'll find blank websites or master pages with sample text.

For example
http://33footballshirt.com/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo

And 8 GBP for a Germany Away shirt ? :cautious:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hamburg is close to our German Marzipan capital Lubeck, so maybe thats why you get it everywhere in this area.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lübeck_Marzipan
Yepp, Dr. Pepper has a strange taste. Most people I know who have tried Dr. Pepper just found it disgusting. :D

Hmmmm, doesnt look very reliable, if you are looking for more informations you'll find blank websites or master pages with sample text.

For example
http://33footballshirt.com/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo

And 8 GBP for a Germany Away shirt ? :cautious:

On further enquiry i emailed for postage rate no response oh well no response from me either. I go by the old addage ''If it looks too good to be true then thats what is is'' You got to be careful with these alleged online outlets. :cautious:

Members online

Latest posts