EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id only be interested in a half price in a large, looked on ebay nothing doing. :rolleyes:
Subside are the goto place if your paying full price, bought from them before quality service yep. :tup:

Fan power at Everton, who introduced this crest without consulting the ones who matter most the paying punters, huge protests against it and now the club panicking and saying they will now consult the fans about a redesign. :rolleyes:
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/crests/everton-unveil-new-crest.html

Too late, they should have done it before unveiling the new one :rolleyes:
And why do they have to change a crest anyway ?
The crest is an important part of the history but doesnt score goals, why changing it ?
Why not changing team colors because other colors are more modern nowadays. :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Too late, they should have done it before unveiling the new one :rolleyes:
And why do they have to change a crest anyway ?
The crest is an important part of the history but doesnt score goals, why changing it ?
Why not changing team colors because other colors are more modern nowadays. :rolleyes:

They went about it the wrong way, they should have asked the fans about a new one and their opinions of that. Instead they made a new one and said here it is. Bad move, you can alter and modernize a crest to make it sympathetic with your history, Chelsea's one is a good example its great. :) Changing colours is a step too far no way would i ever accept that. :tdown:

Excuse my too long in the tooth cynicism, i think there is a decent chance that's true. Would be good to see him back at the Bridge, he should never have left in the first place. Under the circumstances he has done well to stay at that club as long as has done. A madhouse.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-uncovers-went-wrong.html?ico=sport^headlines

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They went about it the wrong way, they should have asked the fans about a new one and their opinions of that. Instead they made a new one and said here it is. Bad move, you can alter and modernize a crest to make it sympathetic with your history, Chelsea's one is a good example its great. :) Changing colours is a step too far no way would i ever accept that. :tdown:

Excuse my too long in the tooth cynicism, i think there is a decent chance that's true. Would be good to see him back at the Bridge, he should never have left in the first place. Under the circumstances he has done well to stay at that club as long as has done. A madhouse.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2333477/Ahead-Mourinhos-final-game-charge-Madrid-Sportsmail-uncovers-went-wrong.html?ico=sport^headlines

Thats what I meant, they start with the crest and end up with changing the team colours because they need to fit the new team sponsors colours or for whatever reason.
We have a say "Wehret den Anfangen", I think "nip it in the bud" is the english version, isnt it ? ;)

Thats pretty clever, PackerFan71, dont count your chickens.....
Though it would be a huge surprise if Jose wouldnt land at Stamford Bridge we all know football is a short-term business and you never know... ;)

Real Madrid a madhouse ? It sounds like a chaos.
But flipping the bird, poking somebody into the eye or the "Pito" thing (O.K., thats funny) makes me wonder if Mourinho isnt responsible for parts of this chaos as well ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats what I meant, they start with the crest and end up with changing the team colours because they need to fit the new team sponsors colours or for whatever reason.
We have a say "Wehret den Anfangen", I think "nip it in the bud" is the english version, isnt it ? ;)

Thats pretty clever, PackerFan71, dont count your chickens.....
Though it would be a huge surprise if Jose wouldnt land at Stamford Bridge we all know football is a short-term business and you never know... ;)

Real Madrid a madhouse ? It sounds like a chaos.
But flipping the bird, poking somebody into the eye or the "Pito" thing (O.K., thats funny) makes me wonder if Mourinho isnt responsible for parts of this chaos as well ?

I think many Cardiff City fans would agree with that statement nightmare, Bayern playing in all blue, HSV playing in Purple Chelsea using green? no way! That would be just wrong, but some of those foolish owners would think or try anything if they could get away with it. :mad:

Yeah i'm keeping my powder dry until it happens or doesn't. ;)

Lets face it Jose is a short term manager, he wins and leaves look at his record. Id be amazed if he came to Chelsea that he stayed for four years, i really would but as you said who knows...........He's not perfect by any means thats for certain, and the pressures at Real enough to make any one to act like that. Chelsea is not as mad as Real thankfully.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Jose back at Stamford Bridge, they say its official.
Its a 40m GBP deal, not bad ;)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-is-Chelseas-new-boss-and-thats-official.html

I was reading NBC Pro Soccer Talk this morning. Wow. They really don't like him in Spain, do they? Did he really win the Champions league twice and not ride back on the same plane as his team? The guy from Barca makes Jose sound like the devil.

Oh and by the way, only 27 hours until I head to D.C. to see the U.S. soccer team get schooled by Germany!!!! :):D:cool::):tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I was reading NBC Pro Soccer Talk this morning. Wow. They really don't like him in Spain, do they? Did he really win the Champions league twice and not ride back on the same plane as his team? The guy from Barca makes Jose sound like the devil.

Oh and by the way, only 27 hours until I head to D.C. to see the U.S. soccer team get schooled by Germany!!!! :):D:cool::):tup:

Champions League winner twice, Europa League / Uefa Cup Winner, numerous league championships, and cup Final victories wherever he's been. Not very good eh? Id take anything said from Barca or Real with a large pinch of salt to be honest. Tribal biotchiness nothing else, he was like a father figure for the players at Chelsea and the fans love the guy to bits.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Enjoy your trip, I will watch on TV :tup:
And what shirt will you wear ? Bayern or a Germany ? Any decisions made on this ? ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Isnt the first time and wont be the last time that something like this happens.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...se-mourinho-makes-chelsea-return-8641087.html

I guess all other media have articles ready too, just waiting until its official ;)

That's what i mean, i'm down to the bare wires on tolerance with the whole story. Its been reported on for about a month that a certain event is going to happen, i just wish they would shut it until it does or doesn't yawn. :rolleyes::sleep:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think also its about time i started scouting around for a reduced Scotland home shirt. I quite like the one they are replacing. :)

Yepp, its a nice one, I like it :tup:
But where is the new shirt ?
Did adidas already unveil the new one ? Have you seen it yet ? I couldnt find pictures....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, its a nice one, I like it :tup:
But where is the new shirt ?
Did adidas already unveil the new one ? Have you seen it yet ? I couldnt find pictures....

No idea when its coming out but its in the post, because they reduced the prices. No leaks either as yet.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Luiz possibly to Barca, DeBruyne to Leverkusen or Dortmund...is there going to be anyone left at Chelsea?

God bless David Luiz, really nice fella and better Midfielder than a Defender. He is a luxury item as a player, and not really a Mourinho type. If he moves then i wish him well, DeBruyne? has not even played a game so no loss. Wait untill Abramovich gets out his crinkly bits of paper. ;)

My avatar shoes Luiz laughing at ManU fans, who were shouting the odds at him and comparing him to this cartoon character. :)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts