EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok more professional then, a different mentality again a cultural thing. Ha although that quote is a universal attitude from alot of them idiots. :rolleyes:

Ha you will be glad to hear i have no idea or care either. :eek: ;)

Ahh Keegan god bless him, top player in his time and a nice fellow too. But he does tend to talk sillyness. England fans only wish they were us. :D

Hopefully its true about Mourinho, but ill believe it at the press conference.

Puh, what a relief !:D

Thats the reaction I expected :tup:
And to be honest - most of the British fans (Scottish, English, Irish) are better than German fans, especially in terms of loudness, the variety of songs they are singing.....

Interesting article about Michael Mancienne. I like him very much though his future in Hamburg seems unclear..

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/21/michael-mancienne-hamburg-chelsea-kevin-keegan

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Puh, what a relief !:D

Thats the reaction I expected :tup:
And to be honest - most of the British fans (Scottish, English, Irish) are better than German fans, especially in terms of loudness, the variety of songs they are singing.....

Interesting article about Michael Mancienne. I like him very much though his future in Hamburg seems unclear..

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/21/michael-mancienne-hamburg-chelsea-kevin-keegan

One thing i noticed about when Chelsea played in both recent European finals was the fantastic pre game displays Bayern and Benfica had, in comparison i think we had a postage stamp banner rubbish. Lots of catching up in that department is required.

A nice touch by the Club after the heavy loss against you know who.....Although it was the least they could have done really, short of making every remaining game of the season free as an apology. A little former CFC colony you have there, didn't realise you had Frank Arnesen aswell we should have kept him i think. Your not getting Lamps for a while though. ;)

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Championship Playoff final today folks, Watford v C.Palace

Palace need to be clever if theyre going to win, if they play like a typical Ian Holloway team and go gung-ho against Watford, they'll get picked off and taken to the sword. That said, theres still something in the back of my mind saying Palace will sneak it :confused:

I fancy there to be goals though, maybe a 3-2 to either team.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'm gunna stop making predictions. What a boring game :sleep:

1-0 in extra time, a penalty won it.

Crud was hoping Watford would win just for Gianfranco. Another yo-yo team makes it up, they will be back whence they came next year. Coyle i saw was mentioned for the Wolves job again, he would do well i think.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crud was hoping Watford would win just for Gianfranco. Another yo-yo team makes it up, they will be back whence they came next year. Coyle i saw was mentioned for the Wolves job again, he would do well i think.

Yep i agree, they're way short of being a Premier league side, and the PL will be a much better standard next season than it was this year, due to the HUGE cash injection from TV money.

And yes mate, he appears to be the clear favourite again now, which i'd be quite happy for two reasons - he's probably one of, if not the best man for the job. Plus i'll get £260 if he gets the gig, i backed him £10 at 25/1 2weeks back ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm, is Elton John still the owner of Watford FC ? :confused:

Anyway - another possibility to find some affordable tickets for an EPL game on my next trip to London ;)
Pictures of Selhurst Park look promising :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep i agree, they're way short of being a Premier league side, and the PL will be a much better standard next season than it was this year, due to the HUGE cash injection from TV money.

And yes mate, he appears to be the clear favourite again now, which i'd be quite happy for two reasons - he's probably one of, if not the best man for the job. Plus i'll get £260 if he gets the gig, i backed him £10 at 25/1 2weeks back ;)

You placed a bet on him ? :eek:
You Brits love to bet on anything, dont you ? :D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You placed a bet on him ? :eek:
You Brits love to bet on anything, dont you ? :D

Crazy, some will bet on anything or even tiny things like what will the games score be at 30 mins? In fact last years CL Final i was really tempted to do so. I would have won too i knew it would still be 0-0 at that point but i didn't. The puritan ruled the chancer that day. ;)

I think Elton John is still at Watford in a non executive role of some kind, like President for life or such like. Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin is that at Wolves or similar, if im not mistaken. Actor Richard Attenborough is lifetime President at Chelsea.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy, some will bet on anything or even tiny things like what will the games score be at 30 mins? In fact last years CL Final i was really tempted to do so. I would have won too i knew it would still be 0-0 at that point but i didn't. The puritan ruled the chancer that day. ;)

I think Elton John is still at Watford in a non executive role of some kind, like President for life or such like. Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin is that at Wolves or similar, if im not mistaken. Actor Richard Attenborough is lifetime President at Chelsea.

Oooh, Robert Plant is a Wolves fan ? :eek:
Wow ! :tup:
Richard Attenborough is still alive ? He must be in his 70's or even 80's I guess. Great actor !

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Attenborough is still alive ? He must be in his 70's or even 80's I guess. Great actor !

He is indeed mate, life president along with the guy in my display pic.
Bit of a funny story really, when we signed Marcus Hahnemann. He was being shown around the ground, and when he was about to be introduced to our owner Steve Morgan, Marcus walked straight past him and went up to hug Robert Plant instead... Huge Led Zep fan is Marcus.

News tonight too, Wigan boss Roberto Martinez been given permission to speak to Everton, thoughts?
Personally think it's a great move for him, and a natural progression club. He'll have a little bit more of everything that he had at Wigan, better players, better academy and budget. Will be a top manager i believe in a few years, just needs to prove himself.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Found this from four Four Two,
http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/celebrityfans/98/article.aspx

I'm Claiming Jimmy Page though as a Chelsea fan, and whats her name from the Bridget Jones movies. She used to sneak in the Bridge in disguise to watch european games when filming. Richard Attenborough is pretty much in retirement now, he's been a life long fan. :)

I don't know about Martinez to be honest with you, ok he won the FA Cup but they are down now and every year Wigan were in trouble with him in charge. Jurys out........................:cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is indeed mate, life president along with the guy in my display pic.
Bit of a funny story really, when we signed Marcus Hahnemann. He was being shown around the ground, and when he was about to be introduced to our owner Steve Morgan, Marcus walked straight past him and went up to hug Robert Plant instead... Huge Led Zep fan is Marcus.

News tonight too, Wigan boss Roberto Martinez been given permission to speak to Everton, thoughts?
Personally think it's a great move for him, and a natural progression club. He'll have a little bit more of everything that he had at Wigan, better players, better academy and budget. Will be a top manager i believe in a few years, just needs to prove himself.

Hmmmm, isnt it the guy who scored "hundreds" of goals for the Wolves ? Steve Bull, yes ?! ;)
I remember we talked about him in this thread somewhere and some months ago when you joined us.

Nice story indeed and good to know that Robert Plant obviously isnt a bandwagoner ! :tup:
I guess as a Wolves fan you have to be tough ;)

I must admit that I dont know enough about Martinez but winning the FA Cup and then beeing relegated with your team leaves mixed feelings.
Maybe he should have stayed with Wigan for another season just to bring them back to the EPL and then move on to a team with more financial and sporting potential.
In my opinion this would have been the most demanding task for him and the best possibility to prove that he is a very good manager. And he is still young, enough time left.
But I guess there is a market for him now and quite understandable that he wants to make the most out of it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Found this from four Four Two,
http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/celebrityfans/98/article.aspx

I'm Claiming Jimmy Page though as a Chelsea fan, and whats her name from the Bridget Jones movies. She used to sneak in the Bridge in disguise to watch european games when filming. Richard Attenborough is pretty much in retirement now, he's been a life long fan. :)

I don't know about Martinez to be honest with you, ok he won the FA Cup but they are down now and every year Wigan were in trouble with him in charge. Jurys out........................:cautious:

Nice find, but who is Lembit Obik or the Chuckle Brothers :eek: :D

But I found Paul Heaton :tup:
I knew he is a Sheffield United fan, I really admire him and his music very much and he brings it to the point:

......What the **** was Robbie Williams doing at the FA Cup semi-final last season?” questions Heaton. “He didn’t support Newcastle or Man United – he was taking somebody else’s ticket. Most musicians pick a side who are doing well and I find that strange and shallow.....” :D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Nice find, but who is Lembit Obik or the Chuckle Brothers :eek: :D

But I found Paul Heaton :tup:
I knew he is a Sheffield United fan, I really admire him and his music very much and he brings it to the point:

......What the **** was Robbie Williams doing at the FA Cup semi-final last season?” questions Heaton. “He didn’t support Newcastle or Man United – he was taking somebody else’s ticket. Most musicians pick a side who are doing well and I find that strange and shallow.....” :D

Oh sorry there is no way you'd know who Lembit Obik is, he's a former (non-entity) Politician. Ha! the Chuckle Brothers are from an equally obscure kids tv show with the same name. :)

Good on him saying it like it is Repect! :D

Really like this kit simple design, shame though its a nike and will fall apart after two washes. ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh sorry there is no way you'd know who Lembit Obik is, he's a former (non-entity) Politician. Ha! the Chuckle Brothers are from an equally obscure kids tv show with the same name. :)

Good on him saying it like it is Repect! :D

Really like this kit simple design, shame though its a nike and will fall apart after two washes. ;)

I guess you wont know most of our German celebreties as well, we dont have many who are known worldwide.
But some of them you might know - Boris Becker, he's a Bayern fan. :rolleyes:
Or maybe Michael Stich, another former Tennis player, HSV fan and Sebastian Vettel, Eintracht Frankfurt. ;)

Great shirt, very nice design, I like it !
At least it isnt Puma ;)

Found this on the web, like the colour but dont like the "Polo-Shirt-Design" :rolleyes:

And why isnt Umbro the official supplier of England any more ? :mad:
In Germany we stick with adidas, a German brand for our German National team. :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I guess you wont know most of our German celebreties as well, we dont have many who are known worldwide.
But some of them you might know - Boris Becker, he's a Bayern fan. :rolleyes:
Or maybe Michael Stich, another former Tennis player, HSV fan and Sebastian Vettel, Eintracht Frankfurt. ;)

Great shirt, very nice design, I like it !
At least it isnt Puma ;)

Found this on the web, like the colour but dont like the "Polo-Shirt-Design" :rolleyes:

And why isnt Umbro the official supplier of England any more ? :mad:
In Germany we stick with adidas, a German brand for our German National team. :tup:

Funnily enough i do know a few of German tv types, but not their names off hand. I was doing research on the Cyclist Max Levy on you tube after his amazing race against Chris Hoy at the Olympics. Levy's a cert for gold in Rio. :tup:

Puma is rank horrible shirts.

I know they had a link with the England team for decades, £££££££££££££££££££££££ and lots of them nothing else. Germany has nearly always been Adidas home brand why not. :tup:

Btw let me know if you ever see a Green Germany away shirt in the sales, might be interested in one. ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
If you dont like the England shirts (new home and away), you certainly wont like the price.... £55 :eek:

I liked the England 2010 WC shirt nice design, but just couldn't bring myself to buy it. ;) I never pay full price a shirt if i can, if i do its got to be something really special.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funnily enough i do know a few of German tv types, but not their names off hand. I was doing research on the Cyclist Max Levy on you tube after his amazing race against Chris Hoy at the Olympics. Levy's a cert for gold in Rio. :tup:

Puma is rank horrible shirts.

I know they had a link with the England team for decades, £££££££££££££££££££££££ and lots of them nothing else. Germany has nearly always been Adidas home brand why not. :tup:

Btw let me know if you ever see a Green Germany away shirt in the sales, might be interested in one. ;)

Agree, Puma shirts are rubbish, the only shirt I ever bought was the Ivory Coast Shirt, WC 2006.

Germany away shirts are on sale everywhere in our local sports stores and online too:

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/nat...any/germany-kit/12-13-germany-away-shirt.html
But only XL and larger left, I guess they have smaller sizes in our stores available.

Btw, subside is one of my favourite online stores for football shirts, they even have a local store in Berlin that I visited several times.
Always great choice of British football shirts available :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree, Puma shirts are rubbish, the only shirt I ever bought was the Ivory Coast Shirt, WC 2006.

Germany away shirts are on sale everywhere in our local sports stores and online too:

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/nat...any/germany-kit/12-13-germany-away-shirt.html
But only XL and larger left, I guess they have smaller sizes in our stores available.

Btw, subside is one of my favourite online stores for football shirts, they even have a local store in Berlin that I visited several times.
Always great choice of British football shirts available :tup:

Id only be interested in a half price in a large, looked on ebay nothing doing. :rolleyes:
Subside are the goto place if your paying full price, bought from them before quality service yep. :tup:

Fan power at Everton, who introduced this crest without consulting the ones who matter most the paying punters, huge protests against it and now the club panicking and saying they will now consult the fans about a redesign. :rolleyes:
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/crests/everton-unveil-new-crest.html

Members online

Latest posts