EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Suprised Scholes hasn't gone to Oldham Athletic for one season, its his boyhood club and when he isnt playing for Utd (if they're playing on a sunday and Oldham play on saturday for example), he stands with the Oldham fans and acts like a normal fan, which i respect massively.

Also, a little mention for Frank Lampard, 203 goals, overtaking Bobby Tamblings goal record.
Lampard's record is quite remarkable for Chelsea 606 appearances, 203 goals, 124 assists. He's the complete midfield player, and why it never worked with playing him and Gerrard together in centre midfield for England, i'll never understand. Although he's not got legendary status at Stamford Bridge, i dont quite think he'll be appreciated until he's retired, only then will we realise just how good 'Fat Frank' really is/was.

Wee chubby Frankie was the one English player over the last 30 odd years id have nicked to play for Scotland well him and mabey Terry Butcher aswell. Different class, taught by his father Frank Snr real old school no messing no complaining mentality. Not sure why the Gerrard combination never worked too similar? who knows. The only time ive ever felt sorry for an England player, the disallowed goal against Germany at the world cup. Legend.

New Kit alert, i like Norwich. But i never thought id say this, too much green.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
So Wigan go down after Winning the F.A. Cup here's the question given the option Premiership safety or Cup Final glory what would you choose? Id go for the Cup win. It reminds me of Brighton back in the day they also went down but should have won the cup.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wee chubby Frankie was the one English player over the last 30 odd years id have nicked to play for Scotland well him and mabey Terry Butcher aswell. Different class, taught by his father Frank Snr real old school no messing no complaining mentality. Not sure why the Gerrard combination never worked too similar? who knows. The only time ive ever felt sorry for an England player, the disallowed goal against Germany at the world cup. Legend.

New Kit alert, i like Norwich. But i never thought id say this, too much green.

Argh, need to wear sunglasses when watching this pic, definitely too loud :eek::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Poor Wolves can it get much worse? i did hear a rumor Steve Mclaren's name mentioned as the next coach.:eek:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What an image of failure that was, hopeless as a coach.

Great news, id have made it a 3 year deal hes got miles left in the tank.

Yepp, something he will never get rid of for the rest of his career or even life.

I think at his age one year deals are acceptable but I'm with you, I expect him to play another year or more after this
one year deal.
He still seems to be the indisputable leader of his team !

btw - good times to make a bargain, shirts are reduced everywhere because the new ones just arrived.

On TV I saw a Chelsea fan wearing an old "Autoglass" shirt, still my favorite Chelsea jersey.
Classic design,made by Umbro, perfect ! :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, something he will never get rid of for the rest of his career or even life.

I think at his age one year deals are acceptable but I'm with you, I expect him to play another year or more after this
one year deal.
He still seems to be the indisputable leader of his team !

btw - good times to make a bargain, shirts are reduced everywhere because the new ones just arrived.

On TV I saw a Chelsea fan wearing an old "Autoglass" shirt, still my favorite Chelsea jersey.
Classic design,made by Umbro, perfect ! :tup:

That ''Wally with the Brolly'' shot of Mclaren has a Scottish version, Ally Mcleod at Argentina 78'' a coach out of his depth.

Lamps is Chelsea, everything thats good about the club.
I have the Autoglass shirt its from 2000, a historical one when we won the last FA Cup at the old Wembley. its really well made, although its a bit tight now should have got an XL. :)
Grab that reduced shirt if not im having it! really like the Olympic gold trim classic design. :tup:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
I'm quite chuffed that my beloved Wolves are still coming up in conversation in a Premier League thread ;)

But in all seriousness, i'd honestly take McLaren. He's made a few mess ups in his time, i dont know all the details about his time in Germany, so i'm not going to comment on that one. But as with Nottingham Forest, the problem there was the same as the problem here last season, player power.

Afterall, he did well at Middlesbrough and he was also Fergies assistant for some time at Man Utd, so he must know his stuff.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'm quite chuffed that my beloved Wolves are still coming up in conversation in a Premier League thread ;)

But in all seriousness, i'd honestly take McLaren. He's made a few mess ups in his time, i dont know all the details about his time in Germany, so i'm not going to comment on that one. But as with Nottingham Forest, the problem there was the same as the problem here last season, player power.

Afterall, he did well at Middlesbrough and he was also Fergies assistant for some time at Man Utd, so he must know his stuff.

We don't have a thread for the lower leagues as you know, ;) you should be a Premiership club though. You'd take him? i'm suprised to hear that, good assistant not so sure about good coach from reports. But what the hey horses for courses you never know. At least he's not Warnock.

Sad a year on from Rangers demise another club hits the skids.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-brink-relegation-division-1-1894003

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
We don't have a thread for the lower leagues as you know, ;) you should be a Premiership club though. You'd take him? i'm suprised to hear that, good assistant not so sure about good coach from reports. But what the hey horses for courses you never know. At least he's not Warnock.

Sad a year on from Rangers demise another club hits the skids.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-brink-relegation-division-1-1894003

Yeah i hope to god its not Warnock. Local rumblings appear to think it'll be Kenny Jackett, which i'd be happy with. Solid manager who has done well with low budgets, always comes across as a nice guy too. Funnily enough **** McCarthy is 5th favourite...
Personally i'd be happy to take one of Coyle, Jackett, Mclaren, O'Driscoll.

Another little note on us, we'll be selling a player called Bakary Sako this summer, his destination seems to be Fulham for around £4-5m. Watch this guy, he's immense, if it wasnt for him we'd have been relegated in November. Quite tall for a winger, but very direct, he's a livewire.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah i hope to god its not Warnock. Local rumblings appear to think it'll be Kenny Jackett, which i'd be happy with. Solid manager who has done well with low budgets, always comes across as a nice guy too. Funnily enough **** McCarthy is 5th favourite...
Personally i'd be happy to take one of Coyle, Jackett, Mclaren, O'Driscoll.

Another little note on us, we'll be selling a player called Bakary Sako this summer, his destination seems to be Fulham for around £4-5m. Watch this guy, he's immense, if it wasnt for him we'd have been relegated in November. Quite tall for a winger, but very direct, he's a livewire.

Somehow i don't think it will be Warnock, his stock is lower than a squeezed Tesco's chicken. As for the other candidates pretty uninspiring i see why you think Mclarens a better option, McCarthy would take you up easily but i doubt it will be him. Owen Coyle would be your best bet.
Sako looks a good prospect, shame you have to sell but no other option.

The new game will be out later on in the year im pleased with this years to be honest. But theres always room for improvement. ;)
http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2014-new-features-suggested.html

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What is going on at Stoke? Are they really that proud of their season that they need to celebrate in weird ways?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
What is going on at Stoke? Are they really that proud of their season that they need to celebrate in weird ways?

Premiership survival and a large pay cheque for next season, if that's winning they have done it.:rolleyes: Thats success for them. Totally alien from an American point of view i know. Michael Owen just retired that's the only other thing i can think of.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yepp this is really a little bit weird way to celebrate the end of the season :eek::D

But they way they treated Michael Owens car is remarkable too. Eggs and
flour as an unforgettable "fairwell present", quite unusual I guess :D

Btw - Michael Owen posted these pictures on twitter, including this one with impressive stats.
Without the injuries he could have been a world class striker but unfortunatelly it wasnt meant to be.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp this is really a little bit weird way to celebrate the end of the season :eek::D

But they way they treated Michael Owens car is remarkable too. Eggs and
flour as an unforgettable "fairwell present", quite unusual I guess :D

Btw - Michael Owen posted these pictures on twitter, including this one with impressive stats.
Without the injuries he could have been a world class striker but unfortunatelly it wasnt meant to be.

Ha that Piggy is going to have a sore head in the morning once it find its body. ;) Typical nutter UK footballers letting off steam. That's a very British way of doing things covering your stuff with gunk when you leave, means they liked him. If they didn't it would be full of scratches and dents.

Not bad for a Welshman, :D he was a special talent for a period of time. Almost uncatchable in terms of sheer pace, but he was a one trick pony and eventually they figured out how to stop him. Yeah he could / should have been a world beater if he was German he would have been. Good luck to him though nice guy.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha that Piggy is going to have a sore head in the morning once it find its body. ;) Typical nutter UK footballers letting off steam. That's a very British way of doing things covering your stuff with gunk when you leave, means they liked him. If they didn't it would be full of scratches and dents.

Not bad for a Welshman, :D he was a special talent for a period of time. Almost uncatchable in terms of sheer pace, but he was a one trick pony and eventually they figured out how to stop him. Yeah he could / should have been a world beater if he was German he would have been. Good luck to him though nice guy.

Crazy but funny, would be a huge scandal In Germany I guess, especially the pig head thing :D

Whats going on with Wayne Rooney, I read about speculations that he has to leave ManU after this season ? The Guardian writes Chelsea could be an option. ;)
Others are Bayern, PSG, City and even Everton.
Maybe he needs a fresh start with a new team ?
But looks like he is on the decline though he is only 27 years old.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

They LIKED him? Wow. With friends like that who needs enemies? :eek: And Nessie; I think the pig head did cause problems because the player's girlfriend had some sort of religious problem with it.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
They LIKED him? Wow. With friends like that who needs enemies? :eek: And Nessie; I think the pig head did cause problems because the player's girlfriend had some sort of religious problem with it.

Ha yep its a tradition cultural thing over here i certain parts, its not uncommon for a couple just about to be married a few days before the event to be grabbed and tied to the back of a pickup and then covered with all sorts of gunk and driven around for a bit. its all in good nature and rite of passage really. The PC brigade would no doubt be up in arms but its no biggie just harmless fun.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Crazy but funny, would be a huge scandal In Germany I guess, especially the pig head thing :D

Whats going on with Wayne Rooney, I read about speculations that he has to leave ManU after this season ? The Guardian writes Chelsea could be an option. ;)
Others are Bayern, PSG, City and even Everton.
Maybe he needs a fresh start with a new team ?
But looks like he is on the decline though he is only 27 years old.

Would it? your all so civilised in Germany. ;)

Rooney for Chelsea? not so sure, he's a good player but his sell by date has passed or is fast approaching. Moyes sold him to ManU so it could happen again. Bayern or PSG id say. If he cared about his career he would be an amazing buy for someone as hes in the prime of his life, but that's a big IF.

What was that line about imitation and flattery again? :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would it? your all so civilised in Germany. ;)

Rooney for Chelsea? not so sure, he's a good player but his sell by date has passed or is fast approaching. Moyes sold him to ManU so it could happen again. Bayern or PSG id say. If he cared about his career he would be an amazing buy for someone as hes in the prime of his life, but that's a big IF.

What was that line about imitation and flattery again? :)

More Civilized ? :eek: Not really, but our football players are more known for driving too fast for example or insulting policemen. :rolleyes: :D ( "I earn so much money, I can buy your life." - Marko Arnautovic)

Maybe I am embarrassing myself but I dont recognize the young guy on the left, who is it ? :unsure::eek:

Ah, btw, just read this quote from our former HSV hero Kevin Keegan:
"England have the best fans in the world and Scotland's fans are second-to-none"
I guess you wont agree ? ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
More Civilized ? :eek: Not really, but our football players are more known for driving too fast for example or insulting policemen. :rolleyes: :D ( "I earn so much money, I can buy your life." - Marko Arnautovic)

Maybe I am embarrassing myself but I dont recognize the young guy on the left, who is it ? :unsure::eek:

Ah, btw, just read this quote from our former HSV hero Kevin Keegan:
"England have the best fans in the world and Scotland's fans are second-to-none"
I guess you wont agree ? ;)

Ok more professional then, a different mentality again a cultural thing. Ha although that quote is a universal attitude from alot of them idiots. :rolleyes:

Ha you will be glad to hear i have no idea or care either. :eek: ;)

Ahh Keegan god bless him, top player in his time and a nice fellow too. But he does tend to talk sillyness. England fans only wish they were us. :D

Hopefully its true about Mourinho, but ill believe it at the press conference.

Members online

Latest posts