EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, bought me a steam code online and downloaded it.
Thanks for this link, that will be helpful :tup:
I guess I will have to spend some more time to explore the game and the possibilities how to manage and develop my team ;)

Btw: Instead of our annual summer trip to London my wife just booked flights to Edinburgh :eek:

Cool thats one of the advantages of Steam, no problem! it a good list found one of my youth GK players was a wonderkid promoted him instantly. :) Its a very deep game ive only scratched the surface of it myself. My Norwich side finished 9th quite respectable, they gave me a 4 year deal Yowza! sold a few old players and brought in a couple of young replacements the team building aspect is so cool.

Fantastic choice good on her! London is great (Old reekie)-Edinburgh is better. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool thats one of the advantages of Steam, no problem! it a good list found one of my youth GK players was a wonderkid promoted him instantly. :) Its a very deep game ive only scratched the surface of it myself. My Norwich side finished 9th quite respectable, they gave me a 4 year deal Yowza! sold a few old players and brought in a couple of young replacements the team building aspect is so cool.

Fantastic choice good on her! London is great (Old reekie)-Edinburgh is better. ;)

No offers for you from other clubs so far ? Chelsea, Arsenal - why did they not sign you yet ? :confused::D
Or are you waiting for a club from Spain or Italy ? ;)

Edinburgh is terrific. It has been a long time since I've visited Edinburgh so I am happy to return this summer.
As usual we tried to book London first but Hotels were very expensive, especially in the South Kensington area around end of June because of Wimbledon.
So we decided to check other destinations in UK with nonstop flights from Hamburg and finally found out that
easyjet :rolleyes: offers flights to Edinburgh. Another possibility would have been Bristol but compared with Edinburgh it was an easy choice.
Usually I avoid airlines like Ryanair or easyjet because I dont want to pay for every single thing, for example using a cc, choosing seats, speedy boarding, checked luggage....:confused:
However, once wont hurt. ;)
Just checked some restaurants on tripadvisor, looking for some British food and Fish and Chips.
Maybe I should try this one, but I guess I am to much of a coward to try Haggis :confused::D
http://www.mumsgreatcomfortfood.com/

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
No offers for you from other clubs so far ? Chelsea, Arsenal - why did they not sign you yet ? :confused::D
Or are you waiting for a club from Spain or Italy ? ;)

Edinburgh is terrific. It has been a long time since I've visited Edinburgh so I am happy to return this summer.
As usual we tried to book London first but Hotels were very expensive, especially in the South Kensington area around end of June because of Wimbledon.
So we decided to check other destinations in UK with nonstop flights from Hamburg and finally found out that
easyjet :rolleyes: offers flights to Edinburgh. Another possibility would have been Bristol but compared with Edinburgh it was an easy choice.
Usually I avoid airlines like Ryanair or easyjet because I dont want to pay for every single thing, for example using a cc, choosing seats, speedy boarding, checked luggage....:confused:
However, once wont hurt. ;)
Just checked some restaurants on tripadvisor, looking for some British food and Fish and Chips.
Maybe I should try this one, but I guess I am to much of a coward to try Haggis :confused::D
http://www.mumsgreatcomfortfood.com/

Ha i think you can jump to any club you like cant you? :confused: whats the fun in that though! im happy making my own little cannon fodder team for now. ;)

Yeah its a really nice City been a long time since i was there but i always enjoyed it, my sister used to live about 10 mins from the city centre Its really busy at the Festival time great atmosphere. I remember sitting on the grass at the Prince's St Gardens listening to the Band playing very relaxing. London's great too but its soo huge and expensive, i was fortunate that i got to stay at a friends house in Streatham while i was there. Ryanair and Easyjet are really no frills, and as you know nothing in comparison to BA. Make sure you arrive at the Airport real early!

Ive tried Haggis its really strong, but im sure some places do it quite well. Ha Mums comfort Food looks like a good place! :tup: Have a look at either Hearts or Hibs i think they are at opposite sides of Princes St if memory serves me. The Proclaimers are big Hibbie fans, they played up here last sumer.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha i think you can jump to any club you like cant you? :confused: whats the fun in that though! im happy making my own little cannon fodder team for now. ;)

Yeah its a really nice City been a long time since i was there but i always enjoyed it, my sister used to live about 10 mins from the city centre Its really busy at the Festival time great atmosphere. I remember sitting on the grass at the Prince's St Gardens listening to the Band playing very relaxing. London's great too but its soo huge and expensive, i was fortunate that i got to stay at a friends house in Streatham while i was there. Ryanair and Easyjet are really no frills, and as you know nothing in comparison to BA. Make sure you arrive at the Airport real early!

Ive tried Haggis its really strong, but im sure some places do it quite well. Ha Mums comfort Food looks like a good place! :tup: Have a look at either Hearts or Hibs i think they are at opposite sides of Princes St of memory serves me. The Proclaimers are big Hibbie fans, they played up here last sumer.

Oh no.....I just started over with a new club, now managing Millwall ! :D
Now I will stick with this team and lead them to many Championship titles.....maybe one day..... ;)

Just doesnt look very tasty.....but at least you tried it. ;)
Yepp, I will take some pictures of the stadiums, I wont miss the opportunity when I'm around.
The Proclaimers are Hibbie fans ? Didnt know that....but thinking of the Proclaimers reminds me of their song "I'm Gonna Be"...awesome song ! :tup:
Thats a earworm that still sticks in my head....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh no.....I just started over with a new club, now managing Millwall ! :D
Now I will stick with this team and lead them to many Championship titles.....maybe one day..... ;)

Just doesnt look very tasty.....but at least you tried it. ;)
Yepp, I will take some pictures of the stadiums, I wont miss the opportunity when I'm around.
The Proclaimers are Hibbie fans ? Didnt know that....but thinking of the Proclaimers reminds me of their song "I'm Gonna Be"...awesome song ! :tup:
Thats a earworm that still sticks in my head....

Oh-oh Millwall good luck with them nutter fans. :eek: My main problem is getting rid of my defensively minded assistant, ive compared him to others hes really like only a 9 on Attack no wonder i wasn't scoring as much as i should have! :D

Its best eaten with potatoes and a shot of whisky apparently, if you knew what was in it you might have other ideas. ;)
Ha yeah its one of those songs that wont go way. They are both big Hibbie fans The Club always play their song ''Sunshine on Leith'' at the start of their games. :) They are in the Cup Final against Celtic this year, they haven't won it for well over 100 years.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh-oh Millwall good luck with them nutter fans. :eek: My main problem is getting rid of my defensively minded assistant, ive compared him to others hes really like only a 9 on Attack no wonder i wasn't scoring as much as i should have! :D

Its best eaten with potatoes and a shot of whisky apparently, if you knew what was in it you might have other ideas. ;)
Ha yeah its one of those songs that wont go way. They are both big Hibbie fans The Club always play their song ''Sunshine on Leith'' at the start of their games. :) They are in the Cup Final against Celtic this year, they haven't won it for well over 100 years.

Yepp, thats why I chose them. Its time to start a new era in British football and under my regime Millwall will be the new "Manchester United"..... :cool: :D
I'm still looking for a new assistant and some more new and better players but I only have a small budget. :rolleyes:

Thats the problem, I know whats in there and maybe I should have some whiskys before trying it. ;)
Its a pity that we travel to Edinburgh during summer because there wont be any football games played :(

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, thats why I chose them. Its time to start a new era in British football and under my regime Millwall will be the new "Manchester United"..... :cool: :D
I'm still looking for a new assistant and some more new and better players but I only have a small budget. :rolleyes:

Thats the problem, I know whats in there and maybe I should have some whiskys before trying it. ;)
Its a pity that we travel to Edinburgh during summer because there wont be any football games played :(

You can do it! :tup: thats the challenge i got about £54m for keeping Norwich up and they only gave me about £7-10m max for players bah! :rolleyes:

We all know yep, the whiskys are an essential. Yeah the league does not start again till August, silly really all the better weather and no games to watch go figure........:cautious:
Btw like the avatar, :tup: what era was that going by the kit id say title win mid-early 80s?

Obw i managed to find a Nike Rodgers Onfield shirt ill post it when it arrives. While i was looking for one i also found this Reebok version, would you say it compares well with yours?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Aaron-Rodger...962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd0de08ea

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Man you guys are making me wanna buy the new FM! It can take over your life if you dont use it in moderation though, thats the only downside. I'd also be afraid that if i did too well i may recieve a letter from Wolves to become their ACTUAL manager.
**** times to be a Wolf right now, desperation!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can do it! :tup: thats the challenge i got about £54m for keeping Norwich up and they only gave me about £7-10m max for players bah! :rolleyes:

We all know yep, the whiskys are an essential. Yeah the league does not start again till August, silly really all the better weather and no games to watch go figure........:cautious:
Btw like the avatar, :tup: what era was that going by the kit id say title win mid-early 80s?

Obw i managed to find a Nike Rodgers Onfield shirt ill post it when it arrives. While i was looking for one i also found this Reebok version, would you say it compares well with yours?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Aaron-Rodger...962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd0de08ea

And I got only 750.000 GBP for new players....thats ridiculous :rolleyes::D
Thats fairly close, PackerFan71, 1983 to be exact. :tup::)
Horst Hrubesch on the left, Manfred Kaltz on the right.

Oh....that looks exactly like mine, congrats :tup:
Even with a captains patch stitched on it as well, awesome ! :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man you guys are making me wanna buy the new FM! It can take over your life if you dont use it in moderation though, thats the only downside. I'd also be afraid that if i did too well i may recieve a letter from Wolves to become their ACTUAL manager.

You're right, played FM since I came home from work, now having a break and watching Dortmund against Real. ;)
My wife is not really amused because I didnt talk much with her so far tonight :D

I cross my fingers that the Wolves wont be relegated again.
Burnley at home should be a win but I'm afraid the Wolves need to win at Brighton as well and that looks like a tough game.:confused:

Edit: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fc-chelsea/holt-mourinho-und-falcao-30132048.bild.html
I'll translate it for you PackerFan71 - they say Mourinho will return to Chelsea and Falcao joins Chelsea as well. ;)
They just published it 20 minutes ago...

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Hey welcome back! its addictive even more so when you put a run together, thats the only issue if you want a life or have a significant other. Moderation is the key :tup: Funnily enough i think ill start a new game sometime as Wolves, and see how i do, cant be any worse than Deano jeez i hope you guys stay up!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
And I got only 750.000 GBP for new players....thats ridiculous :rolleyes::D
Thats fairly close, PackerFan71, 1983 to be exact. :tup::)
Horst Hrubesch on the left, Manfred Kaltz on the right.

Oh....that looks exactly like mine, congrats :tup:
Even with a captains patch stitched on it as well, awesome ! :)

Man thats just not enough really is it? :confused: i guess youth development is the only solution.
I recognized Horst from the you tube i watched of the EC cup win. :tup:
I haven't bought that one yet, but that's what i wanted to hear (looks pretty authentic) at some point it might be nice to have both a Nike and Reebok versions and not break the bank. :)

You're right, played FM since I came home from work, now having a break and watching Dortmund against Real. ;)
My wife is not really amused because I didnt talk much with her so far tonight :D

I cross my fingers that the Wolves wont be relegated again.
Burnley at home should be a win but I'm afraid the Wolves need to win at Brighton as well and that looks like a tough game.:confused:

Edit: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fc-chelsea/holt-mourinho-und-falcao-30132048.bild.html
I'll translate it for you PackerFan71 - they say Mourinho will return to Chelsea and Falcao joins Chelsea as well. ;)
They just published it 20 minutes ago...

Keep her sweet Nessie, as Wolf said Moderation dear boy Moderation! ;):)
Wow Id be so happy and gobsacked if that happens! :eek::cool:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey welcome back! its addictive even more so when you put a run together, thats the only issue if you want a life or have a significant other. Moderation is the key :tup: Funnily enough i think ill start a new game sometime as Wolves, and see how i do, cant be any worse than Deano jeez i hope you guys stay up!

Yeah I've been hiding away embarassed. Personally dont think its all Deanos fault, alot of players dont want to be at Molineux, so hopefully we'll stay up (not sure we will), and do a huge clear out.

As for FM, I think 11 seasons is the most I've done before getting bored and starting again with another club. Portsmouth is a challenge for any of you pro FM 13'ers out there.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah I've been hiding away embarassed. Personally dont think its all Deanos fault, alot of players dont want to be at Molineux, so hopefully we'll stay up (not sure we will), and do a huge clear out.

As for FM, I think 11 seasons is the most I've done before getting bored and starting again with another club. Portsmouth is a challenge for any of you pro FM 13'ers out there.

I figured it might be summat like that, he was in a similar bind at his last club they went down but he took them back up obviously you don't want a repeat. No doubt lots of other issues in the back gound, as i said Curbs was the guy but it didn't happen. Not all bad news at least Warnock got the boot hurrah!

FM13 has Classic mode, a streamlined quicker way to play if you want a faster season. 11 seasons you must have been signing the present players kids at that point. Portsmouth.......now thats a challenge the A-Team would struggle with, a real bridge too far for most.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man thats just not enough really is it? :confused: i guess youth development is the only solution.
I recognized Horst from the you tube i watched of the EC cup win. :tup:
I haven't bought that one yet, but that's what i wanted to hear (looks pretty authentic) at some point it might be nice to have both a Nike and Reebok versions and not break the bank. :)

Keep her sweet Nessie, as Wolf said Moderation dear boy Moderation! ;):)
Wow Id be so happy and gobsacked if that happens! :eek::cool:
You should go for it ! :tup:
Ah, just checked it on ebay, looks like somebody else has grabbed the shirt :(

Yepp, I do my very best but sometimes I simply forget my surroundings when playing a computer game :D

Ha, well deserved Mr. Suarez :p
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Ivanovic-How-does-his-punishment-compare.html

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You should go for it ! :tup:
Ah, just checked it on ebay, looks like somebody else has grabbed the shirt :(

Yepp, I do my very best but sometimes I simply forget my surroundings when playing a computer game :D

Ha, well deserved Mr. Suarez :p
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Ivanovic-How-does-his-punishment-compare.html

I know, i bought the Nike version first before i saw that one. Otherwise id have grabbed it lol nevermind, worse things happen at sea. :) Your not alone its well documented, you lose all sense of time playing these games.

10 game ban thats pityful, should have been a six month ban at least to teach him a lesson. I read today he's played his last game for Liverpool but id take that with a pinch of salt.:rolleyes:

If its true and i was a fan of theirs id hate it. I was happy when CFC re designed our crest because the old one was rubbish. However that one is unoriginal It looks like Bayerns.
http://sport.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/have-manchester-united-redesigned-their-crest

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, i bought the Nike version first before i saw that one. Otherwise id have grabbed it lol nevermind, worse things happen at sea. :) Your not alone its well documented, you lose all sense of time playing these games.

10 game ban thats pityful, should have been a six month ban at least to teach him a lesson. I read today he's played his last game for Liverpool but id take that with a pinch of salt.:rolleyes:

If its true and i was a fan of theirs id hate it. I was happy when CFC re designed our crest because the old one was rubbish. However that one is unoriginal It looks like Bayerns.
http://sport.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/have-manchester-united-redesigned-their-crest

Ah, O.K.....please post pictures when it has arrived. ;)

Do they sell him or why do they say that he could have played his last game for Liverpool ?
Or are the Reds just sick of him ?

Well, I'm a traditionalist.
No changes of team colours or crests are acceptable to me.
They start with a new crest because they say it needs to have a more modern style and suddenly the team colors dont fit to the owners or sponsors company anymore and they are changed as well.
Think of Red Bull Salzburg for example, formerly known as Austria Salzburg. The ugly face of modern football :mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ah, O.K.....please post pictures when it has arrived. ;)

Do they sell him or why do they say that he could have played his last game for Liverpool ?
Or are the Reds just sick of him ?

Well, I'm a traditionalist.
No changes of team colours or crests are acceptable to me.
They start with a new crest because they say it needs to have a more modern style and suddenly the team colors dont fit to the owners or sponsors company anymore and they are changed as well.
Think of Red Bull Salzburg for example, formerly known as Austria Salzburg. The ugly face of modern football :mad:

Yeppers will do. :tup:
Well if he does go they will require a return on the investment so he wont be sacked, £30m down the drain no that won't happen. I think they are sick of him now although they would not admit it.

I am as well, a similar story from Cardiff City the ''Bluebirds'' just promoted to the Premiership. Their new owners thought it was a good idea to change their colours from Blue to Red and gave them a new club crest that bares no relation to the old one. Red Bull Saltzburg!!!???? UNBELIVEABLE! :mad:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-18337392

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeppers will do. :tup:
Well if he does go they will require a return on the investment so he wont be sacked, £30m down the drain no that won't happen. I think they are sick of him now although they would not admit it.

I am as well, a similar story from Cardiff City the ''Bluebirds'' just promoted to the Premiership. Their new owners thought it was a good idea to change their colours from Blue to Red and gave them a new club crest that bares no relation to the old one. Red Bull Saltzburg!!!???? UNBELIVEABLE! :mad:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-18337392

Thats exactly what I meant, they dont care about tradition or even the feelings of fans. :mad:
Hey, Ross County are still on their way to Europe :tup::)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22318779

Looks like the QPR or Reading will be relegated after todays game, Chelsea against Swansea looks like an interesting match and what happened in Newcastle, 0-6 against Liverpool ? Shocking.:eek:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I meant, they dont care about tradition or even the feelings of fans. :mad:
Hey, Ross County are still on their way to Europe :tup::)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22318779

Looks like the QPR or Reading will be relegated after todays game, Chelsea against Swansea looks like an interesting match and what happened in Newcastle, 0-6 against Liverpool ? Shocking.:eek:

I would stop supporting a team if they did that, it goes against everything i believe.
You never know we are still in there with a shout, that would be a huge bonus.;)
i think they are both down have been for a while, Wigan and Villa are scrapping to avoid the last relegation spot. Tough game for us today after the last gasp mid week win. 0-6 shocker for Newcastle yep. :eek:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would stop supporting a team if they did that, it goes against everything i believe.
You never know we are still in there with a shout, that would be a huge bonus.;)
i think they are both down have been for a while, Wigan and Villa are scrapping to avoid the last relegation spot. Tough game for us today after the last gasp mid week win. 0-6 shocker for Newcastle yep. :eek:
Agree and a 0-0 draw doesnt help them. Three games left, 9 points behind Villa, they are relegated.
Chelsea with an important win over the Swans and Lampard with another goal, did you hear any news lately about a possible contract extension or do they all wait for Jose M. before making decisions for the next season ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree and a 0-0 draw doesnt help them. Three games left, 9 points behind Villa, they are relegated.
Chelsea with an important win over the Swans and Lampard with another goal, did you hear any news lately about a possible contract extension or do they all wait for Jose M. before making decisions for the next season ?

Can't stand Wigan or Villa, but i like Paul Lambert good guy. So for that alone hope he manages to keep them up.
Nothing as yet it all hinges on when and if Mourinho rejoins, if he does Lampard is a cert to resign.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still dont think Mourinho will go back there for some reason.
My moneys on an outsider.. Joachim Low (German National team manager). Heard there may be rumours of Jupp Heynckes (Bayern Manager) taking the German job in the summer since he's being replaced with Pep, and Low could be on his way to the Bridge.

Members online

Latest posts