EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
O'Neil, yes decent manager, but wasted alot of money along the way, thats why he and Lerner fell out. For every James Milner he bought, there was a Emile Heskey and a Habib Beye...

Wolves and McCarthy were a perfect fit when he joined nearly 7yrs ago, the job he did with us was phenominal, I have so much respect for the guy its unreal, love him to pieces. He joined us when Glenn Hoddle walked away and left us in the ****, when MM took over we had 11 senior players on our books, 3 of those were goalkeepers. He made us competitive, and 3yrs on he took us up as champions, kept us up for the next 2yrs afte3 that, but in his final yr you could just see he'd done everything he could. It just became abit stale (funnily enough, the name of the guy we replaced him with). I dont blame our club for sacking MM, but I hated the timing, and that we didnt replace him properly (we appointed his assistant until the end of the season, and Solbakken joined in the summer). As for Curbishley, I like him (Charlton Athletic are my 2nd English team, and he's a legend down there), but he wanted a ridiculous salary and he'd been out of the management game for too long for my liking.

Warnock, I wouldnt **** on that bloke if he was on fire. Full of excuses, still hate him for his days at Sheffield United, he still blames Carlos Tevez for them being relegated, which is utter ********. Want an insight into Warnocks dirty tactics? Google 'The battle of Brammel Lane', between Sheff Utd and West Brom... he's an horrible bastard.
Had a smug smile on my face after the 93rd min equaliser on Saturday, not just because it was against Dirty Leeds, but because it was against Colin ****** (Wolves fans' nickname for Warnock... its an anorgram of Neil Warnock, quite witty and suits him well, dont you think?)

Yeah i forgot about his duds he had a few of them but in saying that he took them to a final at Wembley they should have won. Milner was just amazing at the time so obvious a bigger team would grab him. Lerner has clearly given up so he should go away.

I remember Dave Jones took you up one year but it didn't last, was Glenda next? great player not so great coach. I think then MacCarthy. Always liked him he said it like he saw it, no BS i didn't see it (c) A. Wenger. Solbakken no idea about him tbh, but it didn't work. Deano was a bit of a joker as a player, you never know he might turn it round given time.

Hilarious nickname for Warnock, fully deserved he is always moaning and greeting.:roflmao: Yep remember that now lol no sympathy really, moan, moan, moan, no class in defeat at all lots of threats about suing West Ham zzzzzzzz. Curbs did amazing at Charlton they were always a safe steady ship, although they went down like a brick when Dowie took over.:rolleyes: Pity Curbs was asking too much that could have been a good fit.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep i remember he was a teenage pinup for the girlies, jees makes you feel so old.:laugh:
Do you get this show in Germany? goto 6:25 ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You look at those five other teams and you have to ask yourself what are a club of Villa's size doing down amongst them?:confused: And also Leeds United and Wolves they are historical big clubs no way should they be in the championship.
Dang, cant watch because its blocked though I tried different proxy server :mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Dang, cant watch because its blocked though I tried different proxy server :mad:

Ah bummer they blocked it totally bah! try the website or bbc iplayer search for top gear.3 if you can get it to work. Worth it cool little interview.:tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Warnock, I wouldnt **** on that bloke if he was on fire. Full of excuses, still hate him for his days at Sheffield United, he still blames Carlos Tevez for them being relegated, which is utter ********. Want an insight into Warnocks dirty tactics? Google 'The battle of Brammel Lane', between Sheff Utd and West Brom... he's an horrible bastard.
Had a smug smile on my face after the 93rd min equaliser on Saturday, not just because it was against Dirty Leeds, but because it was against Colin ****** (Wolves fans' nickname for Warnock... its an anorgram of Neil Warnock, quite witty and suits him well, dont you think?)

What a strange match :eek: Did WBA keep the points ?
Nice article about him for people outside of England like me who dont know him:
http://soccerlens.com/neil-warnock-the-marmite-man-of-english-football-love-him-or-hate-him/7057/

Very unpleasant guy, I gave up counting the f*** word...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=uBd8YfLJ4RM&hl=en-GB&feature=related

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
What a strange match :eek: Did WBA keep the points ?
Nice article about him for people outside of England like me who dont know him:
http://soccerlens.com/neil-warnock-the-marmite-man-of-english-football-love-him-or-hate-him/7057/

Very unpleasant guy, I gave up counting the f*** word...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=uBd8YfLJ4RM&hl=en-GB&feature=related

'The battle of Brammel Lane' does not ring a bell, but defaulting the game does not surprise me at all sneaky tactics and very low.:tdown: If the FA had a pair they should have awarded WBA 3 points, easy decision.

Im not surprised you dont know him nessie, nowhere near a Premier League quality coach.
Here is Mike Bassett fictional useless England coach kind of similar?;)

You Tube ''John Sitton sacks player'' its quite an infamous clip. And one of the reasons cameras should not be in dressing rooms. Sitton had to quit the game forever afterwards there was a media witch hunt against him, its very sad because he's a very good man and is now a London Taxi driver id buy him a pint any day.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
'The battle of Brammel Lane' does not ring a bell, but defaulting the game does not surprise me at all sneaky tactics and very low.:tdown: If the FA had a pair they should have awarded WBA 3 points, easy decision.

Im not surprised you dont know him nessie, nowhere near a Premier League quality coach.
Here is Mike Bassett fictional useless England coach kind of similar?;)

You Tube ''John Sitton sacks player'' its quite an infamous clip. And one of the reasons cameras should not be in dressing rooms. Sitton had to quit the game forever afterwards there was a media witch hunt against him, its very sad because he's a very good man and is now a London Taxi driver id buy him a pint any day.

Very interesting story about John Sitton, I also found some more articles and videos about him.:tup:
We all know that not every halftime speech is "politically correct" so I agree that cameras shouldnt be allowed in dressing rooms.
A former Hamburg manager even kicked one of his players in the shin during halftime. Came out later and he was sacked.... :rolleyes:;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Very interesting story about John Sitton, I also found some more articles and videos about him.:tup:
We all know that not every halftime speech is "politically correct" so I agree that cameras shouldnt be allowed in dressing rooms.
A former Hamburg manager even kicked one of his players in the shin during halftime. Came out later and he was sacked.... :rolleyes:;)

I watched a few of the interview clips, i could listen to that stuff all day a loss to the game really.
Ha yeah something similar happened at ManU with Beckham and Sir Alex involving a boot at high speed.:eek::D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
A weekend of no EPL games due to FA Cup ties, theres always a shock.
I'll go for Blackburn to earn a replay at Arsenal.

The "gunners" were knocked off by the pea shooters, eh? Next up for Arsenal, the Panzer division from Bayern Munich. ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I see Messi took hus goal tally to 300 last night, and joins a unique band of just players to score 300+ for one single club.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...s-who-have-scored-300-goals-for-one-club.html

You might notice a certain Wolves player amongst the lot. ;)

West Brom must have been kicking themselves letting Bully slip away like that,:laugh: what a dude. He could have played at the highest level but stayed where he was happy, fair play to him.
Baggies : played 4 scored 2
Wolves : played 474 scored 250
Consistent!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Messi took hus goal tally to 300 last night, and joins a unique band of just players to score 300+ for one single club.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...s-who-have-scored-300-goals-for-one-club.html

You might notice a certain Wolves player amongst the lot. ;)
Hmmm, Steve Bull ? Sorry, never heard before :confused: but 18 (!) hattricks are terrific :tup:
I guess you guys wont know Uwe Seeler as well, am I right ? ;)
Some of the best players ever among these names on this list, Eusebio, Pele, Di Stefano; Puskas....
With the exception of Messi it seems nearly impossible to score 300 goals and more nowadays when playing in one of the top leagues in Europe.

Just read - Wolves with a draw at Derby, not bad. Now a "Six-Pointer" at Barnsley. Its a must win, isnt it ?
And Ross County are 7 (?) games unbeaten now, awesome ! :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmm, Steve Bull ? Sorry, never heard before :confused: but 18 (!) hattricks are terrific :tup:
I guess you guys wont know Uwe Seeler as well, am I right ? ;)
Some of the best players ever among these names on this list, Eusebio, Pele, Di Stefano; Puskas....
With the exception of Messi it seems nearly impossible to score 300 goals and more nowadays when playing in one of the top leagues in Europe.

Just read - Wolves with a draw at Derby, not bad. Now a "Six-Pointer" at Barnsley. Its a must win, isnt it ?
And Ross County are 7 (?) games unbeaten now, awesome ! :tup:

I didn't know about him but holy crow impressive scoring record!:eek::cool:
Yeppers A 1-0 win delighted another 3 points for the Staggies Yay!:tup: Was thinking at one point it would only be NewCo Rangers relegation that would have kept County up this year, very tight only 5 points between 2nd and 8th place. Who knows if we keep winning how high we can get.:)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, watching City vs. Chelsea and Teves just scored with a nice shot, 2-0. Game over for Chelsea :(
Unfortunately Lampard missed a penalty shot but I must admit that it was a nice save by Hart.

The commentator speculated about the future of Benitez and noticed that if he wont stay at Chelsea Abramovich wont have to pay a compensation this time. ;)

He also mentioned this nice comparison: Abramovic paid 140 m GBP to his ex-wife, but "only" 70 m GBP compensation for all the managers who were sacked by him. :eek::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wrong man at the wrong club, everybody knew that before, except Abramovich ?! :rolleyes:
At least PackerFan71 will be happy because now its for sure that Benitez defenitely wont stay at Stamford Bridge ! ;)

Is he not gone yet? he really should get a grip what a little moaner. He's getting paid a fortune for a six month gig. A few people people don't like him and he's crying like a Baby boo hooo! :cry::roflmao:

Btw Nessie the NewcoRangers will not be stripped of any titles not that they now have any lol. Today they were issued with a £250.000 fine against the old liquidated Company that has no money. 10 years of owner fraud and that's the only penalty, a Joke.:rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he not gone yet? he really should get a grip what a little moaner. He's getting paid a fortune for a six month gig. A few people people don't like him and he's crying like a Baby boo hooo! :cry::roflmao:

Btw Nessie the NewcoRangers will not be stripped of any titles not that they now have any lol. Today they were issued with a £250.000 fine against the old liquidated Company that has no money. 10 years of owner fraud and that's the only penalty, a Joke.:rolleyes:
Agree, the 250.000 GBP fine are a joke.:rolleyes:
But beeing relegated to the 4th tier costs them much more money than this 250.000 GBP fine. Imagine all the TV money they will miss until they are back to the SPL.
Anyway - by beeing relegated they got what they deserved but dont you think that the SPL without the Rangers is a little bit boring ? No Old Firm games for years, I do have mixed feelings about that.

Today I was looking for a new Scotland hoodie to buy and I found this one but unfortunately my size is sold out everywhere :(
http://www.scottishfootballdirect.com/Products/1041-adidas-scotland-cotton-hood.aspx
Your thoughts on this Retro Track Top ?
http://www.scottishfootballdirect.com/Products/247-scotland-1980-track-jacket.aspx

I think this shirt is maybe a little bit too optimistic, dont you think so ? ;)
http://www.uksoccershop.com/p-24558/Scotland-Road-To-Brazil-2014-T-Shirt-(Navy).html

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree, the 250.000 GBP fine are a joke.:rolleyes:
But beeing relegated to the 4th tier costs them much more money than this 250.000 GBP fine. Imagine all the TV money they will miss until they are back to the SPL.
Anyway - by beeing relegated they got what they deserved but dont you think that the SPL without the Rangers is a little bit boring ? No Old Firm games for years, I do have mixed feelings about that.

Today I was looking for a new Scotland hoodie to buy and I found this one but unfortunately my size is sold out everywhere :(
http://www.scottishfootballdirect.com/Products/1041-adidas-scotland-cotton-hood.aspx
Your thoughts on this Retro Track Top ?
http://www.scottishfootballdirect.com/Products/247-scotland-1980-track-jacket.aspx

I think this shirt is maybe a little bit too optimistic, dont you think so ? ;)
http://www.uksoccershop.com/p-24558/Scotland-Road-To-Brazil-2014-T-Shirt-(Navy).html

For me and many others its a complete whitewash, there should have been more penalties against the NewCo. Right thinking Rangers fans (if there are any left) are just getting on with it. It will take a long time for them to catch up again. Its the nutters that are all still moaning about being victims. The SPL is totally boring now, only one team can win it now for years to come. Only County's progress is of any interest to me up to 4th now.;)
Adam and Eve it = ''Believe it''

Try here
http://www.jjbsports.com/adidas-scotland-fa-hoody-mens-379852
Ha i used to have that retro track top when it wasn't retro but new in 1980, it also came with dark blue track pants with Umbro design down the sleeves.:D

I think that t-shirt was printed some time ago, might be a future non event participation collectors item.:tup:
Beat this for a game atmosphere, shot by Barca fans.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah......jjb Sports.......thats a very good idea.:tup:
Thanks PackerFan71 - I just ordered the Hoodie, and they deliver to Germany, awesome :)
Hope they will be quite fast because I want to take this Hoodie with me on my vacation trip in March.

You found it again immediately, yepp thats exactly the Track Top as offered by adidas.
Well we should have collected and kept all our football gear from the 80's, it all comes back :D

Ross County are sensational, do they even have a chance to qualify for Europe now ? :eek::)
Celtic will play Championsleague I guess, but how many starting places for the Europa League does the SPL has?
I like the idiom "...Adam & Eve it", never heard it before, thanks for the explanation because idioms are sometimes hard to understand when you are a non-native speaker... :confused:

Love this video, but again blocked by youtube for Germany. :mad:
I changed my IP-adress to UK and it worked perfectly :p

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ah......jjb Sports.......thats a very good idea.:tup:
Thanks PackerFan71 - I just ordered the Hoodie, and they deliver to Germany, awesome :)
Hope they will be quite fast because I want to take this Hoodie with me on my vacation trip in March.

You found it again immediately, yepp thats exactly the Track Top as offered by adidas.
Well we should have collected and kept all our football gear from the 80's, it all comes back :D

Ross County are sensational, do they even have a chance to qualify for Europe now ? :eek::)
Celtic will play Championsleague I guess, but how many starting places for the Europa League does the SPL has?
I like the idiom "...Adam & Eve it", never heard it before, thanks for the explanation because idioms are sometimes hard to understand when you are a non-native speaker... :confused:

Love this video, but again blocked by youtube for Germany. :mad:
I changed my IP-adress to UK and it worked perfectly :p

Cool its a nice Hoodie, you should get it wayyy before you need it. Might get one myself half price!:tup:
About now is when i consider buying a Scotland shirt if its a good one, all half price because of the new design.:)
I wish i had some of my gear from that era it would not fit now of course. But its worth a fortune on ebay sometimes!

That's rhyming slang,
Apples and Pairs - ''Stairs''
Trouble and strife - ''Wife''
Butchers hook - ''Look'' etc,etc,

Not sure possibly 2 places for CL and 2 for the Europa League i think, crazy it would be fantastic if they managed to do it! Yeah glad it worked, great fans for the most part at Celtic.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts