EPL and British Football

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
LOL! I know it's probably a crime to say it on this board. But I enjoy watching a good soccer game more than watching NFL.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
LOL a brave man indeed for admitting that, i like both codes for what they are. With all the NFL rules and regulations im scratching my head at times, almost as complicated as offside in Soccer. :)

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah been a Newcastle fan for about 5 years now, just can't get enough by far my favorite sport and the EPL my favorite league. Relegation was hard, it was shocking how many fans dropped us.. now they all crawl back as we approach euro...

Disappointed that there's a Packers/newcastle fan out there, me being a Sunderland fan having been born and raised here. Still, you're having a great season, as much as it pains me to say it, you've deserved the European qualification.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Watching the Arsenal/Norwich match right now
Wow

I've got a liking for Norwich, Lamberts a quality Manager. Good luck to them, im off Cup Finals is on Mon the Blues!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Close game at the end but Chelsea just about edged it, one thing i dislike about the FA Cup final these days is why on earth do they stage it when the leagues are still playing its stupid. Back in the day it was the stand alone last game of the domestic season, the big cup game of the year now its devalued. Its like the Superbowls on and all the other teams are still playing on the same day.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Watched Chelsea vs. Liverpool today. Chelsea does play a lot different than Bayern.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing BM in Munich will bw tough, but I like or chances. I would've hated having to face Real Madrid with Jose on the sideline and CR7 running wild on the pitch.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Watching a replay of a Manchester City game. They spend an awful lot of time laying down on the pitch. Did they play like that all season?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Green Bay and FCB hold some things in common. They both hold the most titles in their league. They both won three in a row. They are both storied franchises. They both depend on a fantastic scoring machine; Rodgers/Gomez. They both had some of their most glorious years in the 60's. They both are perennial contenders these days. They both have fans who love their beer and brats. They both have a team that is a long and stereotypical rivalry. They both have a large German population in their Geographic area. Germans typically eat a lot of cheese; often for breakfast.

The big difference is the reputation of the Packers is fairly well respected around the country. Whereas FCB is viewed as the New York Yankees of Germany one guy told me when I was looking at buying some FCB stuff one day in Berlin. He asked why I wanted Bayern stuff? "Don't you know everybody is sick of how they win so much?"

Of course Berlin citizens view Bavarians as hicks, kind of like we in the North view the deep South.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Whatever the score these colours dont run, 100% Chelsea. Mon the Blues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Mein gott in himmel! Who are zies upstartz ein Blue? Haven't vie von already?????

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Chelsea F.C. 2012 Champions League Winners.
Indeed Munich is a Beautiful City if your a Tourist or a Chelsea Fan.
''Unser Pokal''

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
FCB dominated that match. I can't figure out why they pulled Mueller right after he scored. What a mistake!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The Germans dont lose on Penalties.........
''They do now'' - Ashley Cole

Sometimes Coaches/Managers fail to see the bigger picture, if they are winning why change? simple really. I agree for a large part of the game Bayern were dominant, but winning soccer games is not all about non stop attacking dominance. Its a team game that involves Defence, Midfield, and Attack, luck and most importantly putting the football in the opponents net more than the opponent. Thats how CFC beat both Barcelona and Bayern Munich in both games two arguably better sides than Chelsea F.C. are, or are they because who won those games?

FCB fans were a credit to their city and team for staying in the stadium after the game, they gained respect from me and from others for that. Fair play to them.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
FCB dominated that match. I can't figure out why they pulled Mueller right after he scored. What a mistake!

Yepp, huge mistake - as well as giving Robben another try for scoring with a penalty kick.
However - it's a shame that Chelsea won the Champions League with such an destructive style of soccer as seen against Barca and Bayern.
However - I am fine with it because Bayern Munich lost the match :D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, huge mistake - as well as giving Robben another try for scoring with a penalty kick.
However - it's a shame that Chelsea won the Champions League with such an destructive style of soccer as seen against Barca and Bayern.
However - I am fine with it because Bayern Munich lost the match :D

Chelsea could have gone out there and played expansive uber attractive attacking football like Holland 74'' if they had done this they would have lost. Instead they played like Germany 74'' and disappointed everyone apart from their own fans. (What a shame.....) 1-0 down at 83 minutes 2-0 down on Penalties and we still come back and win. Give me a break you can't say CFC didn't deserve it, the best teams don't always win. But the clever ones usually do.

Members online

Latest posts