EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Impressive!;)
Aston Villa are gone, shame a big club but their owner Randy Learner also owned the Browns nuff said.:rolleyes: All the others have a chance.
Chelsea are hot and mostly cold, who knows? ill go for a draw at Reading and a Liverpool win.

Oh, didnt know that. I will never understand why people like him invest money in sports teams.
Money helps but it does not guarantee success and its a very volatile business.
Whatever...

You were right but bad luck that Reading got their equalizer in the 94 th minute... :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh, didnt know that. I will never understand why people like him invest money in sports teams.
Money helps but it does not guarantee success and its a very volatile business.
Whatever...

You were right but bad luck that Reading got their equalizer in the 94 th minute... :rolleyes:

In a word egomania, for me European sports teams should be fan based models. If Chelsea were in the lowest league id still support them would Abramovich? Nope i would not care, all i want is a team to support not a Multinational.

Benitez's Liverpool team was the same, very leaky at the back that's why he never won the Premiership.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
And you are even a native English speaker !
As a non-native speaker I sometimes struggle to understand what they are saying. :confused::D

George Bernard Shaw said England and America are two countries separated by a common language. U.S. English is different in many respects from the "King's English". But in the U.S. we have some dialects too. Someone from Brooklyn sounds a lot different than someone from Baton Rouge.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
George Bernard Shaw said England and America are two countries separated by a common language. U.S. English is different in many respects from the "King's English". But in the U.S. we have some dialects too. Someone from Brooklyn sounds a lot different than someone from Baton Rouge.

If Superbowl players are anything to go by that's a true statement apart from the England bit, UK.
But goto inner city London, i can assure you no "King's English" there either.;)
How could i have forgot this one, Battiston v Schumacher very naughty keeper. He was not even booked for nearly killing Battiston.:eek: One of the best games at a world cup was nearly tragic.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Superbowl players are anything to go by that's a true statement apart from the England bit, UK.
But goto inner city London, i can assure you no "King's English" there either.;)
How could i have forgot this one, Battiston v Schumacher very naughty keeper. He was not even booked for nearly killing Battiston.:eek: One of the best games at a world cup was nearly tragic.

OMG, I'm getting old, that happened 30 (!) years ago :eek: :(
Toni Schuhmacher was a nutter. But great game anyway.
In 1987 Schumacher published his autobiography "Anpfiff" (means Kickoff) where he accused german football players for substance abuse. Strange book :rolleyes:
After this he was fired by his club 1.FC Cologne and the National Team.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a word egomania, for me European sports teams should be fan based models. If Chelsea were in the lowest league id still support them would Abramovich? Nope i would not care, all i want is a team to support not a Multinational.

Benitez's Liverpool team was the same, very leaky at the back that's why he never won the Premiership.

Me too. My team is a part of my life since I was a little boy and I couldnt stand if my team could be bought or sold only because a single person needs a new hobby or loses his interest.
Last season was one of the worst in my fan life. I was really afraid that Hamburg could be relegated for the first time.
But if this would happen I'll be there with my season tickets as well.
Its as simple as that. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yepp, I know what you mean.
Just thought it should be a little easier to understand for native English speakers ?
As you know we have dialects too, If I meet Bavarians, Saxons or Swabians it can be difficult to understand a single word :confused:
Yes, thats German too ! :D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
OMG, I'm getting old, that happened 30 (!) years ago :eek: :(
Toni Schuhmacher was a nutter. But great game anyway.
In 1987 Schumacher published his autobiography "Anpfiff" (means Kickoff) where he accused german football players for substance abuse. Strange book :rolleyes:
After this he was fired by his club 1.FC Cologne and the National Team.

31 years ago i know crazy!, didn't know that but for me it was a few years too late. He should have been banned from Football after the game. He's a strange cookie Schumacher no doubt.

Me too. My team is a part of my life since I was a little boy and I couldnt stand if my team could be bought or sold only because a single person needs a new hobby or loses his interest.
Last season was one of the worst in my fan life. I was really afraid that Hamburg could be relegated for the first time.
But if this would happen I'll be there with my season tickets as well.
Its as simple as that. ;)

Yep that's because you are a real fan, its torture supporting a team when its going badly. Fair weather fans will never know that.
I hope the headline is just c**p why would he want to go there?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-darts-Phil-Taylor-Raymond-van-Barneveld.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
31 years ago i know crazy!, didn't know that but for me it was a few years too late. He should have been banned from Football after the game. He's a strange cookie Schumacher no doubt.

Yep that's because you are a real fan, its torture supporting a team when its going badly. Fair weather fans will never know that.
I hope the headline is just c**p why would he want to go there?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-darts-Phil-Taylor-Raymond-van-Barneveld.html
Ahhhhh....no........that wont happen, thats b***sh** ! ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Simply unprofessional by player and club.
Looks like he desperately tries to leave WestBrom, he even offered to pay back his bonuses to force the transfer. :confused:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...in-bonuses-to-force-qpr-transfer-8476768.html

Obviously West Brom are our HUGE rivals, and i have alot of WBA friends. They're bigging up WBA for sticking to their guns and not selling the player. Complete tosh if you ask me, the bloke wants to leave and even drove himself 2 n half hours to sort the deal. Odemwingie can never play for WBA again after this, so thats their second highest earner sat in the reserves, why? Why not cut their losses, save the £30k a week you'd be paying him and pocket the £3m transfer fee and maybe try to bring someone in at the last minute.

Bad business from Jeremy Peace i think this time round.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Obviously West Brom are our HUGE rivals, and i have alot of WBA friends. They're bigging up WBA for sticking to their guns and not selling the player. Complete tosh if you ask me, the bloke wants to leave and even drove himself 2 n half hours to sort the deal. Odemwingie can never play for WBA again after this, so thats their second highest earner sat in the reserves, why? Why not cut their losses, save the £30k a week you'd be paying him and pocket the £3m transfer fee and maybe try to bring someone in at the last minute.

Bad business from Jeremy Peace i think this time round.

“Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake.”
Makes you sick players like that earn £30k pw.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan71, looks like it hasnt been a good (football) weekend for both of us...... :rolleyes:
Just watched City against Liverpool, great goal by Gerrard.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
PackerFan71, looks like it hasnt been a good (football) weekend for both of us...... :rolleyes:

One of the best games of football i've seen in a long time, end to end, full of chances. I really like what Rodgers is doing with Liverpool, they play themselves into trouble sometimes with the passing game in defence, but when they go forward they look neat. Sturridge has been a very clever signing, takes the heat off Suarez. Suarez will benefit from this once they get to know each others games inside out.

West Brom once again showred what such a filthy club they really are, Popov sent of for spitting. What a vile individual, and club for that matter. :p

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Yep pretty much on all fronts its been pants, County scored a late equalizer 2-2 thats about it. You watching the Superbowl? ill see how it goes for the first couple of quarters........

West Brom once again showred what such a filthy club they really are, Popov sent of for spitting. What a vile individual, and club for that matter. :p

Still cant stand Suarez, just something about the guy. I'm sorry for me that's way worse than anything Hazard did to a Ballman.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the best games of football i've seen in a long time, end to end, full of chances. I really like what Rodgers is doing with Liverpool, they play themselves into trouble sometimes with the passing game in defence, but when they go forward they look neat. Sturridge has been a very clever signing, takes the heat off Suarez. Suarez will benefit from this once they get to know each others games inside out.

Yes, great game and the Reds were by far the better team. Without this huge mistake by Reina they would have won the game.
If you guys have the opportunity to watch Bundesliga highlights dont miss Dortmund @ Leverkusen, another exciting game, you will like it.

Always hated spitters, he should be banned for at least 3 games, its simply disgusting.:rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts