EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Maybe thats why he never played for a Scottish team in the SPL :eek::D

He never played for ManU either, the words quite, enough, good, and not, come to mind. And yes that's him on Beckham's right.:eek: ManU's youth coaches thought he was ''daft as a brush*'' some things don't change.;)
Silly*

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Great day for football today, 3 televised games that were all top notch. Chelsea scraped a replay, Tottenham and Liverpool get knocked out by lower league opposition. A friend of a friend also won an incredible bet - for Brentford, Leeds and Oldham all to be winning at half time... 1/600 absolutely mental.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Great day for football today, 3 televised games that were all top notch. Chelsea scraped a replay, Tottenham and Liverpool get knocked out by lower league opposition. A friend of a friend also won an incredible bet - for Brentford, Leeds and Oldham all to be winning at half time... 1/600 absolutely mental.

Delighted Spurs and AVB are out, Liverpool too but getting Brentford back to the Bridge not so sure. CFC seem rudderless with Benitez at the moment. Good bet, time for a few shandys eh?:)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21222964

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Not really where i live indoors you can't play longball, or be inside the penalty box. Well taken anyway.
!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Delighted Spurs and AVB are out, Liverpool too but getting Brentford back to the Bridge not so sure. CFC seem rudderless with Benitez at the moment. Good bet, time for a few shandys eh?:)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21222964
Brentford wont have any chance at Stamford Bridge.
Interesting article, I still believe there is no longterm future for Benitez at Chelsea.
And I didnt know that Uwe Rosler is the manager of Brentford.:eek:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Interesting article, I still believe there is no longterm future for Benitez at Chelsea.

Me neither!

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England

Was linked with the gig at Wolves before we got Saunders in.

Starting to get dow to the crunch games in the EPL over the next few weeks at both ends of the table, alot of '6 pointers'.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Beckham working out with Arsenal; Balotelli to Milan. They say Becks is just training with them until he decides what to do with his life. But the Balotelli deal; is it good riddance?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was linked with the gig at Wolves before we got Saunders in.

Starting to get dow to the crunch games in the EPL over the next few weeks at both ends of the table, alot of '6 pointers'.

What do you think, which matchups will be most interesting and important ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Beckham working out with Arsenal; Balotelli to Milan. They say Becks is just training with them until he decides what to do with his life. But the Balotelli deal; is it good riddance?

Pretty much on the whole, obviously a talented player. But a Boy man, all the i'm a tortured genius BS rubs off very quickly. Good decision by Mancini, Balotelli does not know how lucky he is, and will never reach his potential a waste really.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21252753

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Another nice issue this month. Headline story is about the hardest and most unfair football players of all time ;)

They are ranked from 30 to 1 and of course I could find there some British players as well:

Lee Bower (27), Billy Bremner (21), Dave Mackay (16), Ron "Chopper" Harris (13), Norman Hunter (9), Roy Keane (8), Graeme Souness (07), Nobby Stiles (05), Viennie "The Axe" Jones (4).
On top are Andoni Goikoetxea (Bilbao) and Claudio Gentile (Juve)

Any thoughts, which British player should have been ranked as well ? :D

Another nice story is about Dundee FC and Dundee United. Never heard that the stadiums are only a few yards away from each other , strange :)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Another nice issue this month. Headline story is about the hardest and most unfair football players of all time ;)

They are ranked from 30 to 1 and of course I could find there some British players as well:

Lee Bower (27), Billy Bremner (21), Dave Mackay (16), Ron "Chopper" Harris (13), Norman Hunter (9), Roy Keane (8), Graeme Souness (07), Nobby Stiles (05), Viennie "The Axe" Jones (4).
On top are Andoni Goikoetxea (Bilbao) and Claudio Gentile (Juve)

Any thoughts, which British player should have been ranked as well ? :D

Another nice story is about Dundee FC and Dundee United. Never heard that the stadiums are only a few yards away from each other , strange :)

That's a good list of the hardest players, Lee Bowyer?! not so sure about him though.....but the thing is Vinny Jones apart all of these guys could actually play really well when they wanted. Terry Hurlock, Millwall. Graham Roberts, Spurs. Mark 'Psycho' Dennis, Southampton. long before Stuart Pearce.
In a sensible world the two small clubs would form one team, but football isn't like that in Scotland.:rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good list of the hardest players, Lee Bowyer?! not so sure about him though.....but the thing is Vinny Jones apart all of these guys could actually play really well when they wanted. Is Terry Hurlock? there Millwall/Rangers, Graham Roberts, Spurs. Mark Dennis, Southampton. Neil Simpson, Aberdeen.

In a sensible world the two small clubs would form one team, but football isn't like that in Scotland.:rolleyes:

Hmmmm...it might be embarrassing but I dont know them, not a single one :unsure:
But before I read the article I did not know Ron Harris or Billy Bremner as well. ;)

Agree, but they both have their tradition and do not want to give up their own identity.
I learned that they built their stadiums in 1883 and 1899 (!) and until today nobody knows why they did not share one stadium together.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmmm...it might be embarrassing but I dont know them, not a single one :unsure:
But before I read the article I did not know Ron Harris or Billy Bremner as well. ;)

Agree, but they both have their tradition and do not want to give up their own identity.
I learned that they built their stadiums in 1883 and 1899 (!) and nobody knows why they did not share one stadium together.

Don't worry because they are all 'Cult' nutter players liked by their fans disliked by all others. Ron Harris made Vinny Jones look like a schoolboy. Bremner was a great player, talented but tough.
I would say the hardest unfair British players were Norman ''Bites your legs'' Hunter of Leeds, and Tommy Smith of Liverpool. Leeds United in the 70s were the most ''Professional'' team in the UK meaning they pulled the rules to the limits.
Bremner v Keegan, they were both sent off.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry because they are all 'Cult' nutter players liked by their fans disliked by all others. Ron Harris made Vinny Jones look like a schoolboy. Bremner was a great player, talented but tough.
I would say the hardest unfair British players were Norman ''Bites your legs'' Hunter of Leeds, and Tommy Smith of Liverpool. Leeds United in the 70s were the most ''Professional'' team in the UK meaning they pulled the rules to the limits.
Bremner v Keegan, they were both sent off.

The article introduces every player with a short story or some funny anecdotes and the fight between Bremner and Keegan is mentioned as well. ;)
But you are right, I guess you wont know most of the German players in this ranking as well.
Looks like it was practically impossible to be sent off those days :D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The article introduces every player with a short story or some funny anecdotes and the fight between Bremner and Keegan is mentioned as well. ;)
But you are right, I guess you wont know most of the German players in this ranking as well.
Looks like it was practically impossible to be sent off those days :D

I had a look at the German sounding names and yep, i don't know any of them either!:)
Back then men were men or was it boys were boys? it was only a 'Real' fight that got you sent off unlike today.:rolleyes:
One day More!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a look at the German sounding names and yep, i don't know any of them either!:)
Back then men were men or was it boys were boys? it was only a 'Real' fight that got you sent off unlike today.:rolleyes:
Btw Leeds United's reputation caught up with them in 75 European Cup Final, they had a perfectly good goal disallowed and a blatant penalty denied. They should have won easy but the ref wanted Bayern to win, they did 2-0.

The last name down on the right (Bernd)Hollerbach was a former HSV player (1996-2004). His record: 98 yellow -and 3 red cards :D
Yeah, good old times. ;)

Back to the EPL: Looks like a tough Season for Aston Villa, QPR with a draw against City isnt that bad though they need wins to climb up the table.
Any predictions for tonight ? Chelsea @ Reading, Arsenal against Liverpool ?
Just found out, Sky shows Arsenal against Liverpool....perfect ! :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The last name down on the right (Bernd)Hollerbach was a former HSV player (1996-2004). His record: 98 yellow -and 3 red cards :D
Yeah, good old times. ;)

Back to the EPL: Looks like a tough Season for Aston Villa, QPR with a draw against City isnt that bad though they need wins to climb up the table.
Any predictions for tonight ? Chelsea @ Reading, Arsenal against Liverpool ?
Just found out, Sky shows Arsenal against Liverpool....perfect ! :tup:

Impressive!;)
Aston Villa are gone, shame a big club but their owner Randy Learner also owned the Browns nuff said.:rolleyes: All the others have a chance.
Chelsea are hot and mostly cold, who knows? ill go for a draw at Reading and a Liverpool win.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
"So quai plenly ee den't geh thair roigh." LOL I 'm learning a whole new language listening to EPL announcers. ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
"So quai plenly ee den't geh thair roigh." LOL I 'm learning a whole new language listening to EPL announcers. ;)

Sounds like ''SAAARFLANDON'' ''So quite plainly he didn't get there right?'

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Craig Burley?

Ha now im confused, i thought it was a Harry Redknapp Cockney type. But Burley's as Scottish as you can get, it could be anything. If i heard the accent id get it straight away.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ha now im confused, i thought it was a Harry Redknapp Cockney type. But Burley's as Scottish as you can get, it could be anything. If i heard the accent id get it straight away.

Well I'm just a rookie at getting these dialects. ;)

Members online

Latest posts