EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abramovich usually gets his player but the money is just plain stupid.
Scotland had a perfectly good goal disallowed would have made it 0-2 game over, Bale basically cheated for the penalty he tripped over himself, but his second goal was good. Im not even angry as i saw this coming, ive written off this campaign a long time ago. Gordon Strachan hopefully will be in charge after Levein is sacked after the Belgium game. Great result for Germany at least they will be at the World Cup.:tup:
That's annoying:mad:
Do you think they definitely will sack him after the Belgium game or do they allow him to finish the qualification matches until next year ?
Wouldn't be easy to take over for Strachan or any other manager when there is no chance left to qualify for Brazil.
On the other hand you are not losing another year with stagnation or even regression because I assume any other manager is better than Craig Levein ? ;)
How about bringing back Berti Vogts ? :eek: Just kidding....:D
Watching the game against Ireland was quite entertaining ;)
It think Trap is done ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That's annoying:mad:
Do you think they definitely will sack him after the Belgium game or do they allow him to finish the qualification matches until next year ?
Wouldn't be easy to take over for Strachan or any other manager when there is no chance left to qualify for Brazil.
On the other hand you are not losing another year with stagnation or even regression because I assume any other manager is better than Craig Levein ? ;)
How about bringing back Berti Vogts ? :eek: Just kidding....:D
Watching the game against Ireland was quite entertaining ;)
It think Trap is done ?

Yep thats the way it goes sometimes.:rolleyes:
Well Levein is pretty much dead man walking right now, its going to take a recovery of Lazarus like proportions to save his job now. Belgium are a very good team and i don't expect an away win. Its possible they keep him on and see the qualifiers out but why bother. Very true but it would give the new coach a head start for the Euro qualifiers if nothing else. Someone like Strachan at least has passion and technical abilty. Levein is like a Bank Manager not a Football one.:roflmao: Ha good old wee Berti at least he had a sense of humor! Ill have to search for the Germany game to see the goals. Its always good now and again to see a 1-6 thrashing!:tup: Yeah Trap should have left with dignity after the Euros.

Hopefully a little bit of sanity comes from this.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...clubs-in-new-wagerestraint-talks-8210351.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep thats the way it goes sometimes.:rolleyes:
Well Levein is pretty much dead man walking right now, its going to take a recovery of Lazarus like proportions to save his job now. Belgium are a very good team and i don't expect an away win. Its possible they keep him on and see the qualifiers out but why bother. Very true but it would give the new coach a head start for the Euro qualifiers if nothing else. Someone like Strachan at least has passion and technical abilty. Levein is like a Bank Manager not a Football one.:roflmao: Ha good old wee Berti at least he had a sense of humor! Ill have to search for the Germany game to see the goals. Its always good now and again to see a 1-6 thrashing!:tup: Yeah Trap should have left with dignity after the Euros.

Hopefully a little bit of sanity comes from this.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...clubs-in-new-wagerestraint-talks-8210351.html

The german goals ? Here they are ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yeah, this wouldbe a step in the right direction.
But this quote => ...David Gold, who says: "Wage capping is almost communism, that's abhorrent....." is absurd.
There are salary caps in the NFL, NHL or NBA for example.
And I've never heard that somebody associates American Professional Sports with communism because of the salary cap :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The german goals ? Here they are ;)

Yeah, this wouldbe a step in the right direction.
But this quote => ...David Gold, who says: "Wage capping is almost communism, that's abhorrent....." is absurd.
There are salary caps in the NFL, NHL or NBA for example.
And I've never heard that somebody associates American Professional Sports with communism because of the salary cap :rolleyes:

Ahh cool thanks for the clip nessie! clinical finishing there from Germany.
Its funny and a silly analogy by Gold to link American sports with Communism wha???:confused: they are only being sensible with salary caps. However as you know its massive overspending by unrealistic owners that causes clubs to go bust in Europe somewhat ironic methinks......

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan71, please allow me one question although it's not Premiere League or football related but I am very much interested in your opinion:

What do you think about this ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-19942638
Could there be a majority for Scottish Independence ?
In German TV they said there are only roundabout 30 % that support Scottish Independence...

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
PackerFan71, please allow me one question although it's not Premiere League or football related but I am very much interested in your opinion:

What do you think about this ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-19942638
Could there be a majority for Scottish Independence ?
In German TV they said there are only roundabout 30 % that support Scottish Independence...

Ok you can ask you this once,;) im suprised they are interested about this in other countries. I thought it was a local issue really, i really have no time for politics and politicians but i am in favour of independance. It is possible yes, i think its about time we governed ourselves like any other small nation, simple as that. If it happens great but if it doesn't i wont lose any sleep over it. Its two years until the vote and alot can change in that time.

Back to important issues now! he not too old or past it but i hope hes gone soon to PSG.
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/253590,cole-rejects-chelsea-extension---reports.aspx

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok you can ask you this once,;) im suprised they are interested about this in other countries. I thought it was a local issue really, i really have no time for politics and politicians but i am in favour of independance. It is possible yes, i think its about time we governed ourselves like any other small nation, simple as that. If it happens great but if it doesn't i wont lose any sleep over it. Its two years until the vote and alot can change in that time.

Back to important issues now! he not too old or past it but i hope hes gone soon to PSG.
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/253590,cole-rejects-chelsea-extension---reports.aspx

Yeah, there was even a report in our main german national news show "Tagesschau" ! :eek::D
And as you know I am very much interested in your country ;)
Will be exciting to see if there will be Scottish independence one day.....

Good possibility to get rid of him but also smart to offer only a 1-year contract extension to senior players.
They are not improving anymore at this age and saving money is another benefit, especially when you know that there is a reason for his nickname "Cashley" Cole :rolleyes::D

Did you watch the Packers Highlights already ?
Awesome game - hope they will go on like that.
I am leaving today, flying to London and from there to Boston.
Will post some pictures as soon I am in Green Bay and I take my Notebook with me, so I'll be around here during my trip ;)

Chelsea @ Tottenham this weekend, will be a tough game.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, there was even a report in our main german national news show "Tagesschau" ! :eek::D
And as you know I am very much interested in your country ;)
Will be exciting to see if there will be Scottish independence one day.....

Good possibility to get rid of him but also smart to offer only a 1-year contract extension to senior players.
They are not improving anymore at this age and saving money is another benefit, especially when you know that there is a reason for his nickname "Cashley" Cole :rolleyes::D

Did you watch the Packers Highlights already ?
Awesome game - hope they will go on like that.
I am leaving today, flying to London and from there to Boston.
Will post some pictures as soon I am in Green Bay and I take my Notebook with me, so I'll be around here during my trip ;)

Chelsea @ Tottenham this weekend, will be a tough game.

It could happen one day you never know.
If he gave a monkeys about CFC he would have signed it, but no a cash grabbing mercenary. Decent player but be glad when he's gone.
I saw the game live, was a struggle staying awake though. Texans are a difficult team, great win.
Good stuff, enjoy the whole experience!
AVB ahhhhhhhhh! ruuuun!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Most impressed with Belgium very good attacking side, in my opinion they are easily at the moment in the top 5 teams in Europe. Scotland did well to hold them at 0-0 for nearly 70 mins but we got tired and lost concentration in the end. I would not like to face them in the World Cup Finals as they are a very dangerous and will go far im sure in the tournament.

Nice story would be nice if a few more took his example.
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2950413,00.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most impressed with Belgium very good attacking side, in my opinion they are easily at the moment in the top 5 teams in Europe. Scotland did well to hold them at 0-0 for nearly 70 mins but we got tired and lost concentration in the end. I would not like to face them in the World Cup Finals as they are a very dangerous and will go far im sure in the tournament.

Nice story would be nice if a few more took his example.
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2950413,00.html

...and Germany looked stupid by playing 4:4 after a 4:0 lead :rolleyes:
Well, as we all know - 90 minutes have to be played and not only 45, hope they now learned their lesson after this embarrassing result.

Very nice story indeed and impressive young man.

Btw- on my way from Boston to Green Bay by car I try to visit as many NFL stadiums I can.
Here are two examples -
Ralph Wilson Stadium (Buffalo Bills):

And Cleveland Browns Stadium:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
...and Germany looked stupid by playing 4:4 after a 4:0 lead :rolleyes:
Well, as we all know - 90 minutes have to be played and not only 45, hope they now learned their lesson after this embarrassing result.

Very nice story indeed and impressive young man.

Btw- on my way from Boston to Green Bay by car I try to visit as many NFL stadiums I can.
Here are two examples -
Ralph Wilson Stadium (Buffalo Bills):

And Cleveland Browns Stadium:

A bit of a slip up there from Germany they clearly just just switched off simple as that. Well at least a point is better than none. Sweden are a good side though, always dangerous floaters.
Ah nice pics of the other stadiums good job there!:tup:
The Blues won 2-4 against AVBs Tottenham, im relived and im glad hes with them!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A bit of a slip up there from Germany they clearly just just switched off simple as that. Well at least a point is better than none. Sweden are a good side though, always dangerous floaters.
Ah nice pics of the other stadiums good job there!:tup:
The Blues won 2-4 against AVBs Tottenham, im relived and im glad hes with them!
Perfect :tup:
I read it has been a thrilling game, maybe I should search the web for the goals.
It seems that there is College football on every available channel tonight so I couldn't watch the highlights so far.;)
HSV plays tomorrow, I will check the result somewhere on my way to Detroit.
And County with another win as well, that's nice :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Perfect :tup:
I read it has been a thrilling game, maybe I should search the web for the goals.
It seems that there is College football on every available channel tonight so I couldn't watch the highlights so far.;)
HSV plays tomorrow, I will check the result somewhere on my way to Detroit.
And County with another win as well, that's nice :tup:

Ive seen the highlights great game, all good goals although Cahill's was the best a screamer goalie no chance.
Ill look out for HSV's game, county won a crazy game seems anyone can beat anyone this year it was 2nd top against 2nd bottom not now though we moved up a few places. So far all my teams have won this weekend bring some luck for the Pack!:tup:

Cahill v Tottenham
http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/video-garry-cahill-goal-vs-spurs-rocket.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive seen the highlights great game, all good goals although Cahill's was the best a screamer goalie no chance.
Ill look out for HSV's game, county won a crazy game seems anyone can beat anyone this year it was 2nd top against 2nd bottom not now though we moved up a few places. So far all my teams have won this weekend bring some luck for the Pack!:tup:

Cahill v Tottenham
http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/video-garry-cahill-goal-vs-spurs-rocket.html

Wow, thanks for this link :tup:
Looks like a "once in a lifetime" goal by Cahill...;)

I think there should be a very good chance that the Packers will win tomorrow as well and next week I hope for a shoot out against the Jaguars @ Lambeau Field :)
Will be in Green Bay from Thursday to Saturday and will then move to Appleton for the game weekend because of the unaffordable hotel rates.:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for this link :tup:
Looks like a "once in a lifetime" goal by Cahill...;)

I think there should be a very good chance that the Packers will win tomorrow as well and next week I hope for a shoot out against the Jaguars @ Lambeau Field :)
Will be in Green Bay from Thursday to Saturday and will then move to Appleton for the game weekend because of the unaffordable hotel rates.:rolleyes:

Yeah quite right make the most of the trip i can imagine its pretty expensive for hotels and such like.
I hope Lampard stays, but the other two can go. The best news all weekend, a pair of Muppets.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2220915/John-Terry-heading-Chelsea-exit.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah quite right make the most of the trip i can imagine its pretty expensive for hotels and such like.
I hope Lampard stays, but the other two can go. The best news all weekend, a pair of Muppets.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2220915/John-Terry-heading-Chelsea-exit.html

Sounds like good news, PackerFan71 ! ;)
I agree on your view with Lampard, he's an awesome, classy player.
Hope he will finish his career with Chelsea.
I have to post the Ford Field picture later, huge disappointment - it's obvious that Detroit
is a Baseball city !

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sounds like good news, PackerFan71 ! ;)
I agree on your view with Lampard, he's an awesome, classy player.
Hope he will finish his career with Chelsea.
I have to post the Ford Field picture later, huge disappointment - it's obvious that Detroit
is a Baseball city !

Hopefully we keep Lamps hes been a great servant and example for my team, his age should not matter class is permanent. Baseball? bah!!;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully we keep Lamps hes been a great servant and example for my team, his age should not matter class is permanent. Baseball? bah!!;)

Yepp....not my favorite game as well but the Tigers are very successful and therefore many fans were seen around the stadium.
Both stadiums are close together, Lions Stadium (Ford Field) is a Dome and that's why there is not really something to see.
Very disappointing - not even a fan shop was there to visit.

And right beside of Ford Field was the stadium of the Tigers,"Comerica Park"
In Contrast to the Lions they had a huge fan store opened, a lot of fans were around the stadium because the team practised.
Many of them climbed onto the fences to catch a glimpse of the players and the stadium - me too ;)

O.K., O.K....this has nothing to do with the EPL, but I promised pictures and some more to come after I've been @ Lambeau Field.

PackerFan71 , great game next weekend, Chelsea @ home against ManU.
Will be a tough game, what's your pediction ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp....not my favorite game as well but the Tigers are very successful and therefore many fans were seen around the stadium.
Both stadiums are close together, Lions Stadium (Ford Field) is a Dome and that's why there is not really something to see.
Very disappointing - not even a fan shop was there to visit.

And right beside of Ford Field was the stadium of the Tigers,"Comerica Park"
In Contrast to the Lions they had a huge fan store opened, a lot of fans were around the stadium because the team practised.
Many of them climbed onto the fences to catch a glimpse of the players and the stadium - me too ;)

O.K., O.K....this has nothing to do with the EPL, but I promised pictures and some more to come after I've been @ Lambeau Field.

PackerFan71 , great game next weekend, Chelsea @ home against ManU.
Will be a tough game, what's your pediction ?

Who cares Great pics nessie keep them coming! no Lions Store wha?! thats pretty disappointing and strange. Most teams have one near the Stadium. Domes for me always seem to be pretty soulless sports venues, because you can't beat an open air one for atmosphere. Detroit as you say has the look of a Baseball town more than anything.

Mmmmm ill be positive on this one and go for a entertaining 3-2 home win. But ill take a win of any type if im honest.;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares Great pics nessie keep them coming! no Lions Store wha?! thats pretty disappointing and strange. Most teams have one near the Stadium. Domes for me always seem to be pretty soulless sports venues, because you can't beat an open air one for atmosphere. Detroit as you say has the look of a Baseball town more than anything.

Mmmmm ill be positive on this one and go for a entertaining 3-2 home win. But ill take a win of any type if im honest.;)
Yepp, soulless is the best word to describe the lack of atmosphere and history of all these new built
domes.
There is a reason why Lambeau Field is a mecca for every true football fan !
I will cross my fingers. :tup:
Anyway - I think City is more dangerous for Chelsea than Manu these days.
But maybe Swansea can help a little by beating them this weekend ?! :sneaky:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, soulless is the best word to describe the lack of atmosphere and history of all these new built
domes.
There is a reason why Lambeau Field is a mecca for every true football fan !
I will cross my fingers. :tup:
Anyway - I think City is more dangerous for Chelsea than Manu these days.
But maybe Swansea can help a little by beating them this weekend ?! :sneaky:

I watched Manu's Euro game, they were 0-2 down and outplayed by a skillfull team but pulled it back typical of them. Not as dominant as they once were, a weak defence was on show, no doubt saving themselves for the Chelsea game. You never know Swans could do it, stranger things have happened.:sneaky:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, as promised - here are some impressions from Lambeau Field.

Curly Lambeau and guess who is the famous man on the right side....?! ;)

Inside, the Atrium.
There also is Curlys Pub and the Entrance to Packers Pro Shop....man, that's like a Christmas Wonderland to me.
Bought so many things that I had to buy a new bag today so that I can bring back home all the stuff that me and my wife bought :rolleyes:

After the practice I waited at the Oneide Gate for the players to return.
I must admit it's hard to recognize every player when you only know them with helmet :rolleyes::D

But we all know this guy ;)
Looks like he's ready to play on Sunday.

This should be Ryan Pickett:

Croak, can you help ? Who do I see on this picture ?:confused:
More pictures to come after the game ! :)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Fantastic work nessie! well worth all the effort, as you you said it must have felt like being a little kid on Christmas day being there. No other NFL team has a setup and vibe like that, the Atrium looks so good with so much to see and do.:cool: Btw take some of that sunny weather back over to europe will you?;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Anyone find out why Suarez last minute goal was disallowed in today's game? That call was really strange.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Anyone find out why Suarez last minute goal was disallowed in today's game? That call was really strange.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

No idea why as yet, but ive little or no sympathy for him. His reputation for simulation amongst other things goes before him.
World Cup 2010 - handles on the line to deny a Ghana a late winner. Uruguay go on on to reach semis on penalties
November 2011 - gets seven-game ban for biting PSV Eindhoven's Otman Bakkal while playing for Ajax
October 2011 - accused of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra and is eventually handed an eight-match ban
December 2011 - banned for one match for making an abusive hand gesture at Fulham fans
February 2012 - refuses to shake Evra's hand before Liverpool's 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford

One quick way to stop diving by players, ban them in retrospect with video evidence simple as that. And while we are at it why dont we ban Refs who make bad decisions also.:mad:
Before Chelsea v Manure started had a look at the teams, immediate thoughts Manure's game to lose. Fantastic game spoiled for me not by the result but by something else, i don't mind losing a game here and there but today's ref was useless. They are on a par with the NFL replacement ones, shocking decisions. Alex Ferguson on the winning goal ''I think he may have been offside'' :roflmao: Watching football for me now is becoming a waste of time. Rant over.

Never mind his language its his ineptitude as a Ref is all im worried about.
http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/chelsea-lodge-clattenburg-complaint

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts