EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love them or hate them i would choose either Gordon Strachan who has said in the past he would do it or even take back Alex Mcleish, he nearly took us to a Euro. Both successful domestic coaches who have done well at clubs. And they at least have won silverware unlike someone else.

Yeah Germany will hopefully be too strong for them, Austria's a nice country to visit at least.:tup:

Yeah, I think Gordon Strachan would be worth a try !
And I always prefer a domestic coach, I don't want an italian manager to coach my national team :rolleyes:
Yepp, Austria is a beautiful country, nice places there but anyhow - Austrians can't play football. :sneaky:
Btw - awful Packer Defense, struggling A-Rod in the offense - man I am afraid that Defense has not improved since last year.
But to be fair - great game by 49ers and historic 63-yds FG ! :rolleyes::tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Gordon Strachan would be worth a try !
And I always prefer a domestic coach, I don't want an italian manager to coach my national team :rolleyes:
Yepp, Austria is a beautiful country, nice places there but anyhow - Austrians can't play football. :sneaky:
Btw - awful Packer Defense, struggling A-Rod in the offense - man I am afraid that Defense has not improved since last year.
But to be fair - great game by 49ers and historic 63-yds FG ! :rolleyes::tup:

Ha yeah i like Strachan he's a little ginger nutter, hes funny too but most importantly he knows what he's doing.

As much as i liked him as a person our experiment with wee Berti was not so good in the end, and i do also think any national side is better with a home coach no question. Look at england with Fabio Capello for example.

They are good on the slopes i hear.:sneaky:

I knew our defence was not so good and so it proved, but lets see how many other teams deal with the 49ers. Totally under rated by many last year they should have been at the Superbowl total fluke?......(yeah right) anyone with even the slightest knowledge of Football could see they are legit contenders. Luckily for us its very early in the season so plenty of time to recover, better to lose one now than in the Playoffs.

Amazing kick by Akers! i hate to say it but im glad it bounced over. I saw a similar one at Murrayfield once, at a Rugby international.:cool:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha yeah i like Strachan he's a little ginger nutter, hes funny too but most importantly he knows what he's doing.

As much as i liked him as a person our experiment with wee Berti was not so good in the end, and i do also think any national side is better with a home coach no question. Look at england with Fabio Capello for example.

They are good on the slopes i hear.:sneaky:

I knew our defence was not so good and so it proved, but lets see how many other teams deal with the 49ers. Totally under rated by many last year they should have been at the Superbowl total fluke?......(yeah right) anyone with even the slightest knowledge of Football could see they are legit contenders. Luckily for us its very early in the season so plenty of time to recover, better to lose one now than in the Playoffs.

Amazing kick by Akers! i hate to say it but im glad it bounced over. I saw a similar one at Murrayfield once, at a Rugby international.:cool:

Yepp, but that doesn't help them on the pitch :D
As we learned last season, 15-1, 16-0 or whatever - it all doesn't matter when you are losing your first playoff game :rolleyes:
But as you wrote - enough time and games left to improve but a win against the Bears on Thursday would help.
Are you attending Rugby games regularly ? Not very popular here in Germany, from time to time I like watching Rugby on TV...

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, but that doesn't help them on the pitch :D
As we learned last season, 15-1, 16-0 or whatever - it all doesn't matter when you are losing your first playoff game :rolleyes:
But as you wrote - enough time and games left to improve but a win against the Bears on Thursday would help.
Are you attending Rugby games regularly ? Not very popular here in Germany, from time to time I like watching Rugby on TV...

Oh man we have to win that one, i dont think the Bears are in the same class as the 49ers so a W is on deffo.

I watch Scotland play rugby on the TV as much as i can, ive passed Murrayfield stadium in Edinburgh a few times but not made to to a match as yet. In some ways i like Rugby better than Football, less BS and play acting on the field. In some ways its similar to NFL without all the heavy gear and mega body hits of course. Yeah im suprised its not very popular in Germany.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man we have to win that one, i dont think the Bears are in the same class as the 49ers so a W is on deffo.

I watch Scotland play rugby on the TV as much as i can, ive passed Murrayfield stadium in Edinburgh a few times but not made to to a match as yet. In some ways i like Rugby better than Football, less BS and play acting on the field. In some ways its similar to NFL without all the heavy gear and mega body hits of course. Yeah im suprised its not very popular in Germany.

It's a very, very important game. Starting the season with a 0:2 record, losing against the Bears @ Lambeau Field...horrible imagination :rolleyes::mad:
Can you watch the game on BBC, do they show the Packers game this time?
I will get up at 2.00 o'clock and try to stay awake until the end of the game. Not easy in the middle of the night :rolleyes::D

Rugby struggles to become popular, like American Football.
There is simply no tradition though there are some schools where they play rugby.
And HSV has a Rugby team as well ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger_SV_Rugby
A few years ago I bought myself a nice "Springbok" jersey and, of course, a Scotland Rugby jersey on a vacation trip to South Africa.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
It's a very, very important game. Starting the season with a 0:2 record, losing against the Bears @ Lambeau Field...horrible imagination :rolleyes::mad:
Can you watch the game on BBC, do they show the Packers game this time?
I will get up at 2.00 o'clock and try to stay awake until the end of the game. Not easy in the middle of the night :rolleyes::D

Rugby struggles to become popular, like American Football.
There is simply no tradition though there are some schools where they play rugby.
And HSV has a Rugby team as well ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger_SV_Rugby
A few years ago I bought myself a nice "Springbok" jersey and, of course, a Scotland Rugby jersey on a vacation trip to South Africa.

Im not sure ill be able to see the game, apparently BBC here didn't get the rights for screening games. Channel 4 got them instead. But its not bad better than nothing although it concentrates on one game only. You will be like me listening to the Andy Murray US Open tennis the other night.:coffee::sleep: A must win game, cant lose to them thats not worth thinking about.:eek:

HSV try their hand at everything it seems.:)

Rugby is a game thats more commonly linked to the UK and commonwealth countries. Australia, New Zealand, etc. I have a few Rugby shirts knocking about they are great, really hardwearing they seem to last forever.

Nice little interview.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/19561589

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not sure ill be able to see the game, apparently BBC here didn't get the rights for screening games. Channel 4 got them instead. But its not bad better than nothing although it concentrates on one game only. You will be like me listening to the Andy Murray US Open tennis the other night.:coffee::sleep: A must win game, cant lose to them thats not worth thinking about.:eek:

HSV try their hand at everything it seems.:)

Rugby is a game thats more commonly linked to the UK and commonwealth countries. Australia, New Zealand, etc. I have a few Rugby shirts knocking about they are great, really hardwearing they seem to last forever.

Nice little interview.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/19561589

Listening to tennis ? :eek: :D
I've never done this, but I loved listening to football on Saturday afternoon when I was a little boy.
Nice memories, there was no Pay-TV these days.
Isn't it great that Andy Murray won ? :tup:

Very interesting interview, I like him and he hasn't change very much. Just a "little bit" older now. ;)
Btw - 1:1 against Macedonia is not enough, disappointing.
You have to win your home games against teams like Macedonia.
And Germany.....awful performance, lucky win. :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Listening to tennis ? :eek: :D
I've never done this, but I loved listening to football on Saturday afternoon when I was a little boy.
Nice memories, there was no Pay-TV these days.
Isn't it great that Andy Murray won ? :tup:

Very interesting interview, I like him and he hasn't change very much. Just a "little bit" older now. ;)
Btw - 1:1 against Macedonia is not enough, disappointing.
You have to win your home games against teams like Macedonia.
And Germany.....awful performance, lucky win. :rolleyes:

Yep the US Open here is pay per view only so i could not see it, they had commentary on one of the websites so i gave it a go. (Better than nothing) listend to football tones of times but never tennis, however really enjoyed it.:tup: Yeah Murray did great apparently he's the first Britain to win a major tennis final since the 30s:cautious: ....umm no (hes the first Scottish winner) ill have them know, hopefully he wins a few more slams.:)

As i said before ive written off our chances this time round for reasons mentioned. Strachan my choice as manager once the inevitable happens. Thats what Germany have always done in Qualifying scrape a win (who cares 3 points in the bag.):tup:

A really tragic heavy story, and sadly another reason for my lack of trust in the UK Police Force.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-19543964

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep the US Open here is pay per view only so i could not see it, they had commentary on one of the websites so i gave it a go. (Better than nothing) listend to football tones of times but never tennis, however really enjoyed it.:tup: Yeah Murray did great apparently he's the first Britain to win a major tennis final since the 30s:cautious: ....umm no (hes the first Scottish winner) ill have them know, hopefully he wins a few more slams.:)

As i said before ive written off our chances this time round for reasons mentioned. Strachan my choice as manager once the inevitable happens. Thats what Germany have always done in Qualifying scrape a win (who cares 3 points in the bag.):tup:

A really tragic heavy story, and sadly another reason for my lack of trust in the UK Police Force.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-19543964

Yepp, Scotland can be proud of him ! :tup:
Who was the last British player before him, Fred Perry ?

"Don't panic !"
Craig Levein says it's "too early to write off all World Cup hopes !" ;)
http://sport.stv.tv/football/intern...s-its-too-early-to-write-off-world-cup-hopes/

Oh, just winning is not enough anymore.:confused:
German Media is full of critical articles about the German National team and especially Jogi Loew.
There is no doubt that we will qualify for Brazil, but at the moment it seems as if the National Team does not improve anymore though we have the best squad since 1990.
I know, must sound like a luxury problem to you...:rolleyes:

Hillsborough....a sad and tragic part of football history. :(
But his article is shocking, it took them 23 years to tell the truth and to apologize?!
And that only because they were forced by this report. A scandal ! :mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, Scotland can be proud of him ! :tup:
Who was the last British player before him, Fred Perry ?

"Don't panic !"
Craig Levein says it's "too early to write off all World Cup hopes !" ;)
http://sport.stv.tv/football/intern...s-its-too-early-to-write-off-world-cup-hopes/

Oh, just winning is not enough anymore.:confused:
German Media is full of critical articles about the German National team and especially Jogi Loew.
There is no doubt that we will qualify for Brazil, but at the moment it seems as if the National Team does not improve anymore though we have the best squad since 1990.
I know, must sound like a luxury problem to you...:rolleyes:

Hillsborough....a sad and tragic part of football history. :(
But his article is shocking, it took them 23 years to tell the truth and to apologize?!
And that only because they were forced by this report. A scandal ! :mad:

I think your right, Fred Perry was the last winner from the british isles. OMG thats crazy??!!!:confused:

He also wears glasses, reminds me of someone.;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Your right, thats all made up fantasy nonsense. Qualifying is not about playing like Brazil its about winning games, you just cant please idiots all of the time. I wish we had problems such as the German national side.:notworthy:

Whats scary for me is i attended big games at a relic stadium around the same period of time as Hillsborough. A massive Police coverup to protect their mistakes, and then they try and frame and blame the fans for everything utterly shocking. If nothing else at least now the family's of the victims can now seek justice and compensation, aswell as have some sort of closure.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think your right, Fred Perry was the last winner from the british isles. OMG thats crazy??!!!:confused:

He also wears glasses, reminds me of someone.;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Your right, thats all made up fantasy nonsense. Qualifying is not about playing like Brazil its about winning games, you just cant please idiots all of the time. I wish we had problems such as the German national side.:notworthy:

Whats scary for me is i attended big games at a relic stadium around the same period of time as Hillsborough. A massive Police coverup to protect their mistakes, and then they try and frame and blame the fans for everything utterly shocking. If nothing else at least now the family's of the victims can now seek justice and compensation, aswell as have some sort of closure.

Great video :roflmao: ..."don't panic....I'm in charge now, I'm in charge now"

I think this could have happened on many other places, we had old stadiums in Germany as well.
And I understand that mistakes can happen in such exceptional circumstances, this is something that can hardly be trained.
But It is a crime to hide the real facts and deny justice and compensation to all victims and their families for more than 20 years.
It's sad and disgusting.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Great video :roflmao: ..."don't panic....I'm in charge now, I'm in charge now"

I think this could have happened on many other places, we had old stadiums in Germany as well.
And I understand that mistakes can happen in such exceptional circumstances, this is something that can hardly be trained.
But It is a crime to hide the real facts and deny justice and compensation to all victims and their families for more than 20 years.
It's sad and disgusting.

He is but for only a couple more games i hope.;)

It was like a different world back then, its a pity it took such events to change things.

How they manage to sleep at night i have no idea, no concience at all.

Are you watching the Packers game? silly question! we need a W go Pack!!!!!!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is but for only a couple more games i hope.;)

It was like a different world back then, its a pity it took such events to change things.

How they manage to sleep at night i have no idea, no concience at all.

Are you watching the Packers game? silly question! we need a W go Pack!!!!!!

Yepp, I'm watching.
Man, I'm tired :rolleyes::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whey hey what a difference a game makes when the opposion are ........ummm not so good who cares a W.

Was worth it now go get some shuteye.:sleep::tup:

Yeah, you can't compare Bears and 49ers but I have to say that Defense and OL stepped up compared to the 49ers game.
7 sacks are awesome, Clay Matthews is a beast. :tup:
Hope that Nick Perry develops some pressure as well soon and then we will have am much better Defense this year.
And what a difference it makes when a player is healthy ! Tramon Williams looks so much better this season.
I am also quite satisfied with OL though A-Rod was sacked 4 times.

Couldn't go back to bed for a nap though I was really tired :confused:
As you know we are 1 hour ahead of UK so it was nearly 6.00 and I decided to go running instead, took a shower and drove to my office.
TGIF ! :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, you can't compare Bears and 49ers but I have to say that Defense and OL stepped up compared to the 49ers game.
7 sacks are awesome, Clay Matthews is a beast. :tup:
Hope that Nick Perry develops some pressure as well soon and then we will have am much better Defense this year.
And what a difference it makes when a player is healthy ! Tramon Williams looks so much better this season.
I am also quite satisfied with OL though A-Rod was sacked 4 times.

Couldn't go back to bed for a nap though I was really tired :confused:
As you know we are 1 hour ahead of UK so it was nearly 6.00 and I decided to go running instead, took a shower and drove to my office.
TGIF ! :tup:

Feet firmly on ground, Bears not such a good team, 49ers the real deal. Our games against the two of them are an indication of where we are, but im happy with the win.

Even the 9ers were talking about Matthews, who had Joe Staley in his pocket and Staley is no mug. Rodgers getting sacked as much is a concern i saw Aldon Smith nailing him on sunday also but Smith is like Matthews a Beast. goes without saying Rodgers needs better protection.

I was lurking on one of the 9er forums, a few of them on there flew over from the West Coast were saying that even after the game the Pack fans were cool and friendly with them. And saying well done see you in the playoffs, they said it - 'Best fans in the league'

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Im against these pre match handshakes, they just seem to draw attention to players and situations and the bad blood thats there. Ferdinand has every right to avoid certain players im pretty sure i would also in his position, but the ''will he won't he'' thing makes the whole thing seem like an unwanted soap opera.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19585259

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im against these pre match handshakes, they just seem to draw attention to players and situations and the bad blood thats there. Ferdinand has every right to avoid certain players im pretty sure i would also in his position, but the ''will he won't he'' thing makes the whole thing seem like an unwanted soap opera.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19585259

Hmmmm, I must admit that I don't know if there is a pre match handshake in the Bundesliga. :eek:
I never paid attention to it, embarrissing :rolleyes: :D
Anyway, I agree with your point of view - if they want to shake hands they can do it after the match but they should stop all this pre arranged b***sh**.
Just let them play football.
Btw - this week every team in the Bundesliga plays without sponsoring on the shirt. There is only a slogan that supports
anti-racism.
HSV plays tomorrow,first game with R.van der Vaart.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feet firmly on ground, Bears not such a good team, 49ers the real deal. Our games against the two of them are an indication of where we are, but im happy with the win.

Even the 9ers were talking about Matthews, who had Joe Staley in his pocket and Staley is no mug. Rodgers getting sacked as much is a concern i saw Aldon Smith nailing him on sunday also but Smith is like Matthews a Beast. goes without saying Rodgers needs better protection.

I was lurking on one of the 9er forums, a few of them on there flew over from the West Coast were saying that even after the game the Pack fans were cool and friendly with them. And saying well done see you in the playoffs, they said it - 'Best fans in the league'

Yeah, I think Packer Fans are special.
But there must have been fights after the Bears game. :eek:
I read some tweets after the game.....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I must admit that I don't know if there is a pre match handshake in the Bundesliga. :eek:
I never paid attention to it, embarrissing :rolleyes: :D
Anyway, I agree with your point of view - if they want to shake hands they can do it after the match but they should stop all this pre arranged b***sh**.
Just let them play football.
Btw - this week every team in the Bundesliga plays without sponsoring on the shirt. There is only a slogan that supports
anti-racism.
HSV plays tomorrow,first game with R.van der Vaart.

Its a ''fairplay'' Premier League thing that makes them do it, all for show and of little substance.:rolleyes:

Thats a cool idea, would be ironic if they did it in the Premier League bearing in mind who CFCs captian is. Perhaps he could have his own slogan on his shirt.........we could send in a letter with suggestions to CFC, i could think of a few.:roflmao:

First game for him? cool hope it goes well and he helps push you up the league.:)

Podolski scored again today for the ****, hes doing good.

Chelsea drew 0-0 Torres was taken off, hes not the player he once was id let him go home to Spain.

And another 0-0 draw for Ross County 40 games unbeaten!!!

Yeah, I think Packer Fans are special.
But there must have been fights after the Bears game. :eek:
I read some tweets after the game.....

Mmmmm not suprised to hear that to be honest.:cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a ''fairplay'' Premier League thing that makes them do it, all for show and of little substance.:rolleyes:

Thats a cool idea, would be ironic if they did it in the Premier League bearing in mind who CFCs captian is. Perhaps he could have his own slogan on his shirt.........we could send in a letter with suggestions to CFC, i could think of a few.:roflmao:

First game for him? cool hope it goes well and he helps push you up the league.:)

Podolski scored again today for the ****, hes doing good.

Chelsea drew 0-0 Torres was taken off, hes not the player he once was id let him go home to Spain.

And another 0-0 draw for Ross County 40 games unbeaten!!!

Mmmmm not suprised to hear that to be honest.:cautious:

That's surprising but nice to hear, hope he will grab his chance to make it outside of Cologne.
I am afraid you are right, he will never be the same again. Are there any offers from Spain for Torres ?

That's awesome, another point for Ross County against relegation :tup:

Only 0:0 at QPR, are you satisfied with this draw ? Did you watch it on TV ?
Fulham with another win but without Mladen Petric, is he injured ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That's surprising but nice to hear, hope he will grab his chance to make it outside of Cologne.
I am afraid you are right, he will never be the same again. Are there any offers from Spain for Torres ?

That's awesome, another point for Ross County against relegation :tup:

Only 0:0 at QPR, are you satisfied with this draw ? Did you watch it on TV ?
Fulham with another win but without Mladen Petric, is he injured ?

Plodi's taking his chances now, looking good for him.
I dont know of any bids for Torres but he went straight down the tunnel after he came off not a good sign, Sturridge came on and did well. Id use him instead until a certain Columbian appears (hopefully)

Nope not that happy with 0-0, will see highlights later. Hazard missed a sitter right at the end.
Yep another point for County im well happy.:)
No idea where Petric is, not on any teamlist for Fulham today. :ninja:

It gets even better, Jordan Rhodes scores in his first Scotland game and got another two goals on Saturday quite clearly hes not ready.:rolleyes: Steven Fletcher also scored against Man U. Apparently £22m in striking talent isnt good enough?! Will someone give this buffoon bank manager the sack please!!!!:mad:
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/two-g...ed-and-not-yet-ready-insists-levein-1-2529790

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It gets even better, Jordan Rhodes scores in his first Scotland game and got another two goals on Saturday quite clearly hes not ready.:rolleyes: Steven Fletcher also scored against Man U. Apparently £22m in striking talent isnt good enough?! Will someone give this buffoon bank manager the sack please!!!!:mad:
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/two-g...ed-and-not-yet-ready-insists-levein-1-2529790

Man, that is weird :confused:
It's obvious that Leveine lost connection with reality....crazy..:eek:
He is not the manager of Spain with 22 world class players, does he know that?
The SFA should fire him immediately, there is no more time to waste if Scotland still wants to qualify for Brazil.
I can't understand why he does not give Jordan Rhodes a try...he is 22 and not 17 years old and when he's good enough to play for Blackburn sucessfully he should be able to play for his national team as well.
Why should playing for Scotland damage his confidence ? What might damage his confidence are those stupid comments from Levein. :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Man, that is weird :confused:
It's obvious that Leveine lost connection with reality....crazy..:eek:
He is not the manager of Spain with 22 world class players, does he know that?
The SFA should fire him immediately, there is no more time to waste if Scotland still wants to qualify for Brazil.
I can't understand why he does not give Jordan Rhodes a try...he is 22 and not 17 years old and when he's good enough to play for Blackburn sucessfully he should be able to play for his national team as well.
Why should playing for Scotland damage his confidence ? What might damage his confidence are those stupid comments from Levein. :rolleyes:

I know the time of action is now, but you and i know that is not going to happen until the next two game are over.
They will be lucky with a draw against Wales and Belgium will win that game im pretty sure.'' If your good enough your old enough'' Gerd Muller and Pele were young when they started didn't do them any harm. :)
As you said confidence is key, Levein has no man management skills at all. He should be building it up instead of knocking it down. :rolleyes:

Good luck at Frankfurt!:tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck at Frankfurt!:tup:

Unnecessary loss, 2-3 :mad::(
We had enough chances to win but we did not take the opportunities.
And we had to play with one player less because of an unwarranted red card.
Anyway - defense is still terrible but the midfield looks much better now.
There are strong opponents we have to play within the next 3 weeks (Dortmund, Gladbach, Hannover) but after these games it should be easier for us to climb up the table.

Members online

Latest posts