EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Interesting comments on this article, looks like most of them do not believe that this will happen. :eek:
What is your guess ?
Only speculations or more than this ?
Falcao is an awesome player, he would help every team immediately.

Hey like you im far too long in the tooth to belive all these stories, they have to sell rags and elaborate most of the time. As for speculation and chatter on there i dont bother with it, bores the C**p out of me.

Would i like him at Stamford Bridge you bet great player! Will it happen hopefully, but like Van der Vaarts transfer ill belive it when it happens.;)

A better game for Podolski today, he scored as **** beat Liverpool 0-2.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey like you im far too long in the tooth to belive all these stories, they have to sell rags and elaborate most of the time. As for speculation and chatter on there i dont bother with it, bores the C**p out of me.

Would i like him at Stamford Bridge you bet great player! Will it happen hopefully, but like Van der Vaarts transfer ill belive it when it happens.;)

A better game for Podolski today, he scored as **** beat Liverpool 0-2.

I know, I know....but wouldn't it be boring without all these stories and speculations ? ;)
Is Chelsea willing to pay 90-100 m Euros for him ? His father, Falcao sen. said that his son is worth 100 m Euros.
Crazy, isn't it ?
"Prinz Poldi" scored ? That's nice to hear, Ross County with another draw - still unbeaten ! :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I know, I know....but wouldn't it be boring without all these stories and speculations ? ;)
Is Chelsea willing to pay 90-100 m Euros for him ? His father, Falcao sen. said that his son is worth 100 m Euros.
Crazy, isn't it ?
"Prinz Poldi" scored ? That's nice to hear, Ross County with another draw - still unbeaten ! :tup:

Beyond mad, i try and pretend its just Monopoly money makes it easier.

Yep that will give him a boost im sure, County will lose somtime, but they havent as yet for over a year a good record.

Tottenham fans were going ape over AVB on the phone ins, hopeless coach. 1-1 against Norwich City. Brad Friedel played out of his skin Norwich should have won.

RVP earned his pay today Southhampton almost beat MU.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Was hoping saints would win, Boring Boring Man U. There would have been infinite extra time until they won, par for the course.

I wonder if he will be an Eric Cantona figure in reverse, i somehow doubt it as (ever so slightly not as talented.) No doubt a punch up with someone and he will be sent home.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2197144/Joey-Barton-unveiled-Marseille-player.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beyond mad, i try and pretend its just Monopoly money makes it easier.

Yep that will give him a boost im sure, County will lose somtime, but they havent as yet for over a year a good record.

Tottenham fans were going ape over AVB on the phone ins, hopeless coach. 1-1 against Norwich City. Brad Friedel played out of his skin Norwich should have won.

Was hoping saints would win, Boring Boring Man U. There would have been infinite extra time until they won, par for the course.

I wonder if he will be an Eric Cantona figure in reverse, i somehow doubt it as (ever so slightly not as talented.) No doubt a punch up with someone and he will be sent home.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2197144/Joey-Barton-unveiled-Marseille-player.html

Looks like AVB won't finish this season with Tottenham ?! :cautious:
What ? Brad Friedel is still playing ? Didn't know that, how old is he ? He must be in his 40's? :eek::D
C'mon, we all know it's only a matter of time before we see Joey like this again: :D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Looks like AVB won't finish this season with Tottenham ?! :cautious:
What ? Brad Friedel is still playing ? Didn't know that, how old is he ? He must be in his 40's? :eek::D
C'mon, we all know it's only a matter of time before we see Joey like this again: :D

A distinct possibility, hardly any communication with the players according to Frank Lampard when he was at CFC. I knew he would be a disaster for Totenham. As one of their supporters said for every Arsne Wenger you get 10 of Christian Gross.

Brad Friedel is a model pro thats why hes still playing i think hes 41. Tottenham bought the French no1 goalkeeper recently, but cant play him because Friedel is playing so well.

Its a shame for Barton because lurking inside him is a decent player, if he could control himself he would be playing for the england team. Never going to happen though hes far too easy to (sledge) - wind up and is a street fighting nutter.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A distinct possibility, hardly any communication with the players according to Frank Lampard when he was at CFC. I knew he would be a disaster for Totenham. As one of their supporters said for every Arsne Wenger you get 10 of Christian Gross.

Brad Friedel is a model pro thats why hes still playing i think hes 41. Tottenham bought the French no1 goalkeeper recently, but cant play him because Friedel is playing so well.

Its a shame for Barton because lurking inside him is a decent player, if he could control himself he would be playing for the england team. Never going to happen though hes far too easy to (sledge) - wind up and is a street fighting nutter.

Mark Schwarzer, another goalkeeper in the 40's, is also still playing for Fulham and Jens Lehmannkeeper finished his career when he was 41 and still was one of the best german goalkeepers.
Looks like goalkeepers can have a long career...

Oh, Stoke signed Michael Owen, didn't know that he's still playing football.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...chael-Owen-transfer-Owen-signs-for-Stoke.html
I think he had his best years with Liverpool, a great football player with world class potential but unfortunately his injuries stopped him.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Mark Schwarzer, another goalkeeper in the 40's, is also still playing for Fulham and Jens Lehmannkeeper finished his career when he was 41 and still was one of the best german goalkeepers.
Looks like goalkeepers can have a long career...

Oh, Stoke signed Michael Owen, didn't know that he's still playing football.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...chael-Owen-transfer-Owen-signs-for-Stoke.html
I think he had his best years with Liverpool, a great football player with world class potential but unfortunately his injuries stopped him.

Pretty much as long as you take care of yourself, a GKs career can easily go to 40+ why does Germany always produce good keepers? been so many of them.

Owen should have retired 2-3 years ago, never for one reason or another made the most of his football talent, he could only score one type of goal (that one v Argentina.) But defenders started to figure him out after that, he might get the odd goal but well past his sell by date now.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hulk moves to Russia :rolleyes:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article4520082.ece
O.K., it's a business, but he is 26...!
I wouldn't like to play in Russia when I'm in the prime of my career.:confused:
This weekend Germany plays Faroe Islands, is Scotland also playing a World Cup Qualification game ?

Russia Mmmm, nearly £40m hes worth about less than half of that, its self evident that hes got other things than his career on his mind. Good luck spending your pocket money Hulkieboy.

Apparently Scotland play Serbia at home, im not expecting anything good as ive already written off the qualifiers as the coach is so inept. Amy Macdonald will be the only thing worth watching. Faroe Islands ohhh i hate playing against them, 1000% underdog freak result team waiting to happen. I think somehow Germany will be Ok,;) (only applies if your Scottish.)

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=10519&newsCategoryID=1

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Russia Mmmm, nearly £40m hes worth about less than half of that, its self evident that hes got other things than his carrer on his mind. Good luck spending your pocket money Hulkieboy.

Apparently Scotland play Serbia at home, im not expecting anything good as ive already written off the qualifiers as the coach is so inept. Amy Macdonald will be the only thing worth watching. Faroe Islands ohhh i hate playing against them, 1000% underdog freak result team waiting to happen. I think somehow Germany will be Ok,;) (only applies if your Scottish.)

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=10519&newsCategoryID=1

Aaaah, Amy singing "Flower of Scotland" gives you goosebumps, awesome.
I love her ! :tup: ;)
As you know I am a Scotland fan so I am crossing my fingers for a win against Serbia, I want to see Scotland playing in Brazil.
Btw - I am off work for a week because of an English Course. I need to brush up my rusty English skills.:rolleyes:
They say we possibly will have a scottish teacher tomorrow or on Friday. I hope he will have a strong scottish accent,
I'd like to hear that.;)
We had American, Canadian and Australian teachers so far, very interesting....:D
I think Germany will have no problems with Faroe Islands but there are no 8:0 results anymore like 20 years ago.
My prediction is a boring 3:0 win....:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Aaaah, Amy singing "Flower of Scotland" gives you goosebumps, awesome.
I love her ! :tup: ;)
As you know I am a Scotland fan so I am crossing my fingers for a win against Serbia, I want to see Scotland playing in Brazil.
Btw - I am off work for a week because of an English Course. I need to brush up my rusty English skills.:rolleyes:
They say we possibly will have a scottish teacher tomorrow or on Friday. I hope he will have a strong scottish accent,
I'd like to hear that.;)
We had American, Canadian and Australian teachers so far, very interesting....:D
I think Germany will have no problems with Faroe Islands but there are no 8:0 results anymore like 20 years ago.
My prediction is a boring 3:0 win....:rolleyes:

Great singer, unique voice and a very down to earth normal person.

My philosophy as a Scotland fan is hope for the best, and now mostly (prepare for the worst.) Been very useful for well over a decade.:rolleyes:

Cool, funny how an accent from a teacher can influence the way you speak another language.

Now and again i listen to Bayern 3 on the web to see if i pick up the odd word here and there. Its just interesting listening to another language and trying to figure it out a little.

I think it will be an easy 3 points for Germany, they don't slip up much at all.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great singer, unique voice and a very down to earth normal person.

My philosophy as a Scotland fan is hope for the best, and now mostly (prepare for the worst.) Been very useful for well over a decade.:rolleyes:

Cool, funny how an accent from a teacher can influence the way you speak another language.

Now and again i listen to Bayern 3 on the web to see if i pick up the odd word here and there. Its just interesting listening to another language and trying to figure it out a little.

I think it will be an easy 3 points for Germany, they don't slip up much at all.

Bayern 3 ? :eek: Do they speak German ?:D
Well, have a look at this short and funny video, they compare the Bavarian and Northern Germany "Platt" accents.
To be honest - sometimes hard for me to understand what they are saying :rolleyes:
I don't have any idea how a non-native speaker should have any chance to understand them...

Today I bought me a special Edition of 11 Freunde (11 friends) Football Magazine.
It's about British Football history and there are some interesting stories inside.
About Tony Adams, "When Saturday Comes" Fanzine, Gazza, Celtic and Rangers, Cass Pennant.....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bayern 3 ? :eek: Do they speak German ?:D
Well, have a look at this short and funny video, they compare the Bavarian and Northern Germany "Platt" accents.
To be honest - sometimes hard for me to understand what they are saying :rolleyes:
I don't have any idea how a non-native speaker should have any chance to understand them...

Today I bought me a special Edition of 11 Freunde (11 friends) Football Magazine.
It's about British Football history and there are some interesting stories inside.
About Tony Adams, "When Saturday Comes" Fanzine, Gazza, Celtic and Rangers, Cass Pennant.....

Bayern 3? well it sounds German thats about all i can say.;)

Ha nice clip no idea what they were saying but I could tell the different sounding accents, to me the Southern one is more gutteral. The northern one is less gutteral and dare i say it a teeny weeny bit Dutch (dont hate me). Here a strong Glaswegian and a Aberdonian they sound like different languages also.

11 Freunde looks like an interesting read, Four Four Two is the only football one i get. Its the the best in the UK.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayern 3? well it sounds German thats about all i can say.;)

Ha nice clip no idea what they were saying but I could tell the different sounding accents, to me the Southern one is more gutteral. The northern one is less gutteral and dare i say it a teeny weeny bit Dutch (dont hate me). Here a stong Glaswegian and a Aberdonian they sound like different languages also.

11 Freunde looks like and intereresting read, Four Four Two is the only football one i get. Its the the best in the UK.

Yeah, that's right- (East) Ost-Friesland is close to the Dutch border so I think it could sound a little bit like Dutch....or maybe the Dutch sounds like our "Platt"...that's more likely;)
It's a funny accent here in the northern part of Germany, I really love it though I can't speak it.
Booooh, no Scotsman today in my English class, last chance tomorrow ;)
Funny to listen to all these different accents though they are trying to speak very clearly.
The Australian guys are all laid back and nice and both Australian teachers came to Germany because of their german girlfriends :eek:
No surprise that they don't like our weather :D
FourFourTwo - that's a great magazine and 11 Freunde is comparable with FFT.
More backgroundstories instead current affairs.
Btw - are you ready for Packers playing the 49ers on Sunday ?
Where are you watching the game ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right- (East) Ost-Friesland is close to the Dutch border so I think it could sound a little bit like Dutch....or maybe the Dutch sounds like our "Platt"...that's more likely;)
It's a funny accent here in the northern part of Germany, I really love it though I can't speak it.
Booooh, no Scotsman today in my English class, last chance tomorrow ;)
Funny to listen to all these different accents though they are trying to speak very clearly.
The Australian guys are all laid back and nice and both Australian teachers came to Germany because of their german girlfriends :eek:
No surprise that they don't like our weather :D
FourFourTwo - that's a great magazine and 11 Freunde is comparable with FFT.
More backgroundstories instead current affairs.
Btw - are you ready for Packers playing the 49ers on Sunday ?
Where are you watching the game ?

Ahh really? i honestly didnt know that, yeah that was my other thought. Dutch was an offshoot from the German. The weather was also a little clue.:)

I really like Australia their weather is far too good, girlfriends? ha thats always the case.:D

Looking forward to the game, the 49ers are the only other team i have respect for. But i hope its a good one we dominate and win, typically Channel 4 are now screening an NFL game live (UK), and they ain't showing the Packers this week. I think highlights are the best i can hope for Bah! I really need to get a Packers Gamepass.:cool:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh really? i honestly didnt know that, yeah that was my other thought. Dutch was an offshoot from the German. The weather was also a little clue.:)

I really like Australia their weather is far too good, girlfriends? ha thats always the case.:D

Looking forward to the game, the 49ers are the only other team i have respect for. But i hope its a good one we dominate and win, typically the BBC are now screening an NFL game live, and they ain't showing the Packers this week. I think highlights are the best i can hope for Bah! I really need to get a Packers Gamepass.:cool:
Playing the 49ers is really tough for a season opener, will be interesting to see if our defense has improved.
In Germany you can watch the NFL only on Pay-TV and you never know what game they will broadcast.
So I am happy with my Gamepass, looks like it will be a long Sunday night for us here in Europe...
Hope that I don't fall asleep while watching the game :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Playing the 49ers is really tough for a season opener, will be interesting to see if our defense has improved.
In Germany you can watch the NFL only on Pay-TV and you never know what game they will broadcast.
So I am happy with my Gamepass, looks like it will be a long Sunday night for us here in Europe...
Hope that I don't fall asleep while watching the game :rolleyes:

Yep its their defence and our defence that im worried about ha! a tough one to call, alot of people are writing the 49ers off as a one sesason wonder team im not one of them. Hopefully homefield advantage will be enough. Gamepass is very tempting but very pricey for a few months so ill see if i get one. Not working on Monday is the key along with a sleep on Sunday afternoon, not always happening though.:sleep::)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep its their defence and our defence that im worried about ha! a tough one to call, alot of people are writing the 49ers off as a one sesason wonder team im not one of them. Hopefully homefield advantage will be enough. Gamepass is very tempting but very pricey for a few months so ill see if i get one. Not working on Monday is the key along with a sleep on Sunday afternoon, not always happening though.:sleep::)
Ha, you're a lucky guy :tup:
I think I will leave the house a little later than usual on Monday....
I will take a day off on Monday when the Packers are playing the Super Bowl XLVII in February ;)
Yeah, I agree, Game Pass is pricey but I couldn't resist :rolleyes:
Btw - Germany-Faroe Island 1:0 Halftime, booooooooring.... :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ha, you're a lucky guy :tup:
I think I will leave the house a little later than usual on Monday....
I will take a day off on Monday when the Packers are playing the Super Bowl XLVII in February ;)
Yeah, I agree, Game Pass is pricey but I couldn't resist :rolleyes:
Btw - Germany-Faroe Island 1:0 Halftime, booooooooring.... :rolleyes:

Not sure how long id take off if that happens.:)

3-0 correct score well done 3 points in the bag, lots of call offs for Scotland v Serbia, if im honest not bothered seen it all before. :rolleyes: I will say 1-1 draw if we are lucky, or 1-2 win for Serbia.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ahh wasnt too far off with the result 0-0, we should really be winning our home games if we want to qualify ha! (not with that manger we wont.):laugh: ''Such are the fine lines between tactical genius and managerial ineptitude" It is definitely the latter in his case, at least we will have Germany to follow in Brazil.:tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh wasnt too far off with the result 0-0, we should really be winning our home games if we want to qualify ha! (not with that manger we wont.):laugh: ''Such are the fine lines between tactical genius and managerial ineptitude" It is definitely the latter in his case, at least we will have Germany to follow in Brazil.:tup:

Yeah, that's a little disappointing but if Scotland wins on Wednesday than there is still the chance to qualify for Brazil.
We shouldn't give up too soon ;-)
Germany plays Austria, another 3 points for us I guess.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a little disappointing but if Scotland wins on Wednesday than there is still the chance to qualify for Brazil.
We shouldn't give up too soon ;-)
Germany plays Austria, another 3 points for us I guess.

This is true there is always a chance, but as you said disappointing
im not going to say anything more about the coach. Ill let his talent do the talking.;)

Where are Germany playing them home or away? that probly doesnt matter much.:whistling:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is true there is always a chance, but as you said disappointing
im not going to say anything more about the coach. Ill let his talent do the talking.;)

Where are Germany playing them home or away? that probly doesnt matter much.:whistling:
Yeah, I remember the article you posted some time ago, strange guy, strange ideas, strange decisions.:rolleyes:
Who could take over if they would fire him ?
Any favourites?
They play Austria in Vienna, but as you wrote - shouldn't matter.
And as you know - it's "forbidden" to lose against our special friends from Austria! ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember the article you posted some time ago, strange guy, strange ideas, strange decisions.:rolleyes:
Who could take over if they would fire him ?
Any favourites?
They play Austria in Vienna, but as you wrote - shouldn't matter.
And as you know - it's "forbidden" to lose against our special friends from Austria! ;)

Love them or hate them i would choose either Gordon Strachan who has said in the past he would do it or even take back Alex Mcleish, he nearly took us to a Euro. Both successful domestic coaches who have done well at clubs. And they at least have won silverware unlike someone else.

Yeah Germany will hopefully be too strong for them, Austria's a nice country to visit at least.:tup:

Members online

Latest posts