EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
36, 45 or 50- I'll get me a Chelsea shirt with Drogba on it anyway ! :)

He did this not so long ago to the Ar$e. :devilish:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This man will no doubt be pleased at the Drogs re-arrival. ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
So what is Chelsea going to do with Cech and Torres? I understand somebody has to go.

I would guess the Legend that is Petr Cech will be possibly given a vice captain role to keep him sweet until he gets bored, and demands a move for first team football. Torres aint going anywhere, :rolleyes: he's on huge money nobody wants him because he cant score.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I would guess the Legend that is Petr Cech will be possibly given a vice captain role to keep him sweet until he gets bored, and demands a move for first team football. Torres aint going anywhere, :rolleyes: he's on huge money nobody wants him because he cant score.

But they are over the quota for foreign players, aren't they?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

They will cut as they see fit, Torres would be ideal to go but whos going to pay £175.000 a week for him. Lukaku Mikel and Moses are other options.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Foreign is a relative term in Engrish football. The "homegrown" definition is bad... at best.

For example, if a Turkish born player comes up through the Arsenal (f0r example only) youth program, that is deemed a "homegrown" player and doesn't count towards the foreign player %. I don't agree with it, but I don't argue against it either. This situation has long held the theory that this is what keep the English National Team (3 Lions) from being competitive on the international stage, whether true or not.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here could be part of the answer to you question Croak, Mourinho clearly does not rate him and would rather bring in a tested veteran in his place.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28569197
Lukaku is a young player, still only 21 and definitely not worse than Torres. How does it make sense to sign a 36yo veteran player, keeping Torres at Stamford Bridge and letting go one of the most talented strikers in the EPL.:confused:
I dont get it, there must be a club that might have had interest to sign Torres, at least on loan :rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Special One requires special players.
Lukaku has the potential to become a "special player" and Jose is definitely a world class manager but I think this is a mistake.
But if he is winning another championship at the end of the season he was right and the critics were wrong, its as simple as that.;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Lukaku is a young player, still only 21 and definitely not worse than Torres. How does it make sense to sign a 36yo veteran player, keeping Torres at Stamford Bridge and letting go one of the most talented strikers in the EPL.:confused:
I dont get it, there must be a club that might have had interest to sign Torres, at least on loan :rolleyes:

A quick fix i think nessie and a decent profit on the player, i think Mourinho does not like his attitude and playing style he won't conform* thats why i think Lukaku was moved on. I really wish Torres was loaned maybe to Atletico.

Edit : found this from Mourinho's biography, he expects three attributes from his strikers;

1. Goals. 2. An ability to be the first line of defence. 3. A technical ability to stitch the midfield and attacking phases together.*

Last edited: