Enjoying my plate of crow, served cold

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not been shy about my stance on keeping Kuhn at over 2.3M per year. I've said all year that that was just too much to pay someone who lacks the talent of the other backs on the roster and who occasionally makes a special teams splash. I was totally FOR keeping him, but at a reduced cost.

Now, I must say, he may have saved our season on one incredible cut-block on one of the league's most physically gifted DEs. If he doesn't cut down big Peppers, our season is likely over. And I will be the first to step up and apologize to KUUUUUUHHNN for not believing in his worth. Here's to you, Johhny! :cheers:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not been shy about my stance on keeping Kuhn at over 2.3M per year. I've said all year that that was just too much to pay someone who lacks the talent of the other backs on the roster and who occasionally makes a special teams splash. I was totally FOR keeping him, but at a reduced cost.

Now, I must say, he may have saved our season on one incredible cut-block on one of the league's most physically gifted DEs. If he doesn't cut down big Peppers, our season is likely over. And I will be the first to step up and apologize to KUUUUUUHHNN for not believing in his worth. Here's to you, Johhny! :cheers:
Same here......

Great thing here on THAT PLAY> http://packersinsider.com/2013/12/answered-prayers-by-kuhn-frees-up-rodgers-to-cobb/

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Try a little Heinz 57 sauce on that crow.

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packman- I thought of guys like you when the reality of that play started to sink in. I've been a big fan of his for years but started to change my mind as I looked at the stats,,, knowing full well he's been a stud blocker and mascot for years. But I'm right back where I started the year. He's played like a leader for many years.

But I'm not sure if he was supposed to line up on the left or if 12 should have moved him over like he did in other plays (like in Q1, which made me think 12s head was as cool as ever), but either way, he caught it in time. Can't blame Bak on that one,,, a DB came in n the line was over matched before the start.

Again, thanks Packman for the dish.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
H

HardRightEdge

Nice write-up on the play. That's why IMO the most important attribute you could want in your offensive players is intelligence, although maybe hearing tests should be right up there too. Boykin is proof that the most overrated attribute is 40-yard dash.

There's a role for guys like Boykin. But if all the receivers had that kind of speed, we'd be in a lot of trouble. He's tough, runs good routes, has good hands. Maybe next year at this time he'll be the one taking 1/2 dozen flat passes and bubble screens, not Jones.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And let's also give him credit for getting a 1st on 4th and one when Lacy couldn't do it.
That man may have very well saved our season.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a role for guys like Boykin. But if all the receivers had that kind of speed, we'd be in a lot of trouble.

Why? A lot of guys who run 4.3's are track guys who don't translate well to game speed. Accelleration is far more important.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`ve spoken to the Pope, and you are forgiven.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But you thought over rated :)

Yes. yes I did.
And I learned my lesson and now see how Kuuuuhn contributes to football which is a team sport.
There is no "I" in team but there is an "I" in Blopovingarafoo.
Whatever that means.

Members online

Latest posts