EPL and British Football

Goater

Feed the Goat
Reaction score
Without looking at the own goals, I would predict Richard Dunne is a star in a few of them.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
My view on the Mata signing for Man Utd - good signing, but to make it an excellent signing they need to bring in at least 2 more players in the next 2 transfer windows. They're crying out for mobility in the centre of midfield, and pace out wide.

Which striker would benefit most from Mata in my opinion? Hernandez, has the cleverest movement of all the strikers at Utd. I'd build my team around those 2 players, scrap Rooney, Wellbeck and Rio etc, and eventually RVP too (in 18months time). Utd need a huge clearout, rip it up and start again, they have the finances to do so.

Goater

Feed the Goat
Reaction score
He had a magnetism for his own net. I know Gareth Barry had a classic one as well.

Richard Dunne was a good player for us and captain of the team for a long time. He did seem good for one howler per match. Not all of them resulted in goals.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
My view on the Mata signing for Man Utd - good signing, but to make it an excellent signing they need to bring in at least 2 more players in the next 2 transfer windows. They're crying out for mobility in the centre of midfield, and pace out wide.

Which striker would benefit most from Mata in my opinion? Hernandez, has the cleverest movement of all the strikers at Utd. I'd build my team around those 2 players, scrap Rooney, Wellbeck and Rio etc, and eventually RVP too (in 18months time). Utd need a huge clearout, rip it up and start again, they have the finances to do so.
Hmmm....not sure about Rooney, I think he still can be a helpful for ManU but as his contract expires 2015 they have to sell him in summer. I wonder if there is a market for him in England or if he has to move abroad ? But where to ? Spain, Italy ? Or somewhere in Russia, China or Near East to make big money.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Moyes is looking at Mandzukic and Dante from Bayern.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm....not sure about Rooney, I think he still can be a helpful for ManU but as his contract expires 2015 they have to sell him in summer. I wonder if there is a market for him in England or if he has to move abroad ? But where to ? Spain, Italy ? Or somewhere in Russia, China or Near East to make big money.

The reason why i'd scrap Rooney is because theres always a drama when his contract is close to expiring, and i'm not sure its good for Utd to keep dealing with the BS every 2yrs. There's no doubting his quality, his passion on the pitch etc, i just hate how he seems to hold Man Utd to ransom everytime his contract is almost over (not that i have any affiliation with Utd of course).

The more i think about the Mata signing, the more i think a 'Venables Christmas Tree' would be the way forward for Utd. 4-3-2-1, would mean they'd need to bring in a Milner-type to play either side of the '3' in midfield though, leaving the creativity to Rooney and Mata behind the number 9.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moyes is looking at Mandzukic and Dante from Bayern.

Mandzukic i could see, Dante on the other hand - why would he leave Bayern to join the Man Utd circus. Do rate Dante though, although i dont believe he's stepped up massively since he was at Monchengladbach, where he was already a top top defender, but i thought he'd be the best in the world by now.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Mandzukic i could see, Dante on the other hand - why would he leave Bayern to join the Man Utd circus. Do rate Dante though, although i dont believe he's stepped up massively since he was at Monchengladbach, where he was already a top top defender, but i thought he'd be the best in the world by now.

Both players are having some difficulty finding an extension deal with Bayern in which all parties concerned are happy.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year Manchester will be the destination of my annual weekend trip to UK, flights are booked. :)
I found out that the National Football Museum is based in Manchester and I wonder if one of you guys knows something about it or even visited the museum ?
Is it worth a visit ? :cautious:
http://www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/
And yes Im aware of the fact that I wont see many trophies in the National Team Section...:p;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

This year Manchester will be the destination of my annual weekend trip to UK, flights are booked. :)
I found out that the National Football Museum is based in Manchester and I wonder if one of you guys knows something about it or even visited the museum ?
Is it worth a visit ? :cautious:
http://www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/
And yes Im aware of the fact that I wont see many trophies in the National Team Section...:p;)

Its in Manchester. As a Liverpudlian we wouldn`t dare go to Manchester. They eat children :D.......their own children :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts