EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone wearing that should be picked up by the fashion Police. :D

I like that, old school Adidas. If it was a bit cheaper and in a XL id be tempted. :cool:
Yepp, the only downside is the price :rolleyes:
I wonder if our local adidas flagstore has it in stock....I guess I will check it, just to get an impression "in real"

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It could be worse. Our local pro team has this Jersey.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be worse. Our local pro team has this Jersey.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Without the sponsor name on the front not that bad.

But I am pretty sure this company would not have any chance to break into the market in Germany :eek:;)
In our language ***** is a word used for black people, its a derogatory word, mostly used in context with racism.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

But I am pretty sure this company would not have any chance to break into the market in Germany :eek:;)
In our language ***** is a word used for black people, its a derogatory word, mostly used in context with racism.

Over here it is a derogatory term as well, usually used for stupid blond women who will give their bodies to anyone with a pulse.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Really thats interesting i didn't know that, just shows you got to be careful what you put on your shirts if you live in different places. In the UK its also how Croak described it. Although any teams fanbase worth their salt would want that taken off.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really thats interesting i didn't know that, just shows you got to be careful what you put on your shirts if you live in different places. In the UK its also how Croak described it. Although any teams fanbase worth their salt would want that taken off.

Indeed and true for car companies too. For example there is a Mitsubishi car model called "Pajero".
They had to change the name in spanish-speaking countries because it means "******" :eek::D
I sometimes wonder if they dont check this before naming a car or other products, especially if your'e selling products worldwide..... ? :confused:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Indeed and true for car companies too. For example there is a Mitsubishi car model called "Pajero".
They had to change the name in spanish-speaking countries because it means "******" :eek::D
I sometimes wonder if they dont check this before naming a car or other products, especially if your'e selling products worldwide..... ? :confused:

That rings a bell, i think i once saw a shirt on Subside from possibly a South American team called FC Wanka? :cautious: completely hilarious for UK fans but meaningless if your Spanish speaking. I nearly bought the shirt just as a novelty item. :laugh:

WikiQuote - ''In 2006, it emerged that Deportivo Wanka strips had become a cult collectible item for British football fans, with over 1,000 strips selling in the space of a few weeks, The Sun quoted a club spokesman as saying that. It is very strange, everyone in Britain seems to think we have a funny name." :roflmao:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much better than Marin, and he isnt a diver ! ;)
And now we have to find a replacement for Heung Min Son, but I think its a wise and understandable move for him.
Bayer playes Championsleague, he can take the next step and improve his abilities before looking for a club abroad.

If you meet Sir Alex give him my regards ;)
But maybe I will meet him myself in Edinburgh ? :eek::D

Did you know that the Hearts put their whole squad for sale ?
http://www.scotsman.com/news/hearts-put-all-players-up-for-sale-as-fans-blamed-1-2965247

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Much better than Marin, and he isnt a diver ! ;)
And now we have to find a replacement for Heung Min Son, but I think its a wise and understandable move for him.
Bayer playes Championsleague, he can take the next step and improve his abilities before looking for a club abroad.

If you meet Sir Alex give him my regards ;)
But maybe I will meet him myself in Edinburgh ? :eek::D

Did you know that the Hearts put their whole squad for sale ?
http://www.scotsman.com/news/hearts-put-all-players-up-for-sale-as-fans-blamed-1-2965247

Good to hear!

Ive never met him but but i hope to one day great man, i disagree with some of his politics but thats neither here nor there.

Yes i saw that shame, but i have more sympathy for them than Rangers. The fans need more of a say making the decisions, i hope they can turn it round our game needs a strong Hearts F.C.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22902962

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to hear!

Ive never met him but but i hope to one day great man, i disagree with some of his politics but thats neither here nor there.

Yes i saw that shame, but i have more sympathy for them than Rangers. The fans need more of a say making the decisions, i hope they can turn it round our game needs a strong Hearts F.C.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22902962

Me too, I hope the SPL wont lose another traditional football team. :(
I always liked them since I was a little boy, especially because of their name. :rolleyes:
Hearts of Midlothian, what a name for a football club ! :)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Me too, I hope the SPL wont lose another traditional football team. :(
I always liked them since I was a little boy, especially because of their name. :rolleyes:
Hearts of Midlothian, what a name for a football club ! :)

I know its cool i have always also liked their colours and the badge.
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-e...ers-vow-to-fight-on-in-takeover-bid-1-2966583

Now it seems they have a transfer embargo on them, as a fan said ''We are skint whats the point? its like banning Stephen Hawking from the local Gym.'' :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know its cool i have always also liked their colours and the badge.
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-e...ers-vow-to-fight-on-in-takeover-bid-1-2966583

Now it seems they have a transfer embargo on them, as a fan said ''We are skint whats the point? its like banning Stephen Hawking from the local Gym.'' :)
Thats mean :D
PackerFan71, what happened with your interesting FM13 tactics you posted ? (Liverpool)
I didnt find time to have a closer look this afternoon.
What was the name of the website, is it something I can download ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats mean :D
PackerFan71, what happened with your interesting FM13 tactics you posted ? (Liverpool)
I didnt find time to have a closer look this afternoon.
What was the name of the website, is it something I can download ?

Its terrible i know. :p
Hang on ill see if i can find it was more interested in the article than the download, remember the trouble Wolf had? check to make sure its legit before you do. ;) im more of an attacking 3-5-2 guy served me well first noticed it used by Romania 94 world cup Boss the Midfield and finish the opposition with two good strikers. Liverpool's was very different more conservative.
http://www.fmscout.com/a-liverpool-boot-room-fm13-tactic.html

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ok quick quiz question for anyone, what links Juventus, Ajax, Bayern Munich, and Chelsea? Clue what have they done. Im actually shocked this list is so small.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its terrible i know. :p
Hang on ill see if i can find it was more interested in the article than the download, remember the trouble Wolf had? check to make sure its legit before you do. ;) im more of an attacking 3-5-2 guy served me well first noticed it used by Romania 94 world cup Boss the Midfield and finish the opposition with two good strikers. Liverpool's was very different more conservative.
http://www.fmscout.com/a-liverpool-boot-room-fm13-tactic.html
Aaah, thank you PackerFan71.
The old 4-3-3 Ajax formation is still one of my favourite ones and I still use it when playing football mamanger games.
I dont like the modern 4-5-1 formations with only one striker on the field.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok quick quiz question for anyone, what links Juventus, Ajax, Bayern Munich, and Chelsea? Clue what have they done. Im actually shocked this list is so small.
Hmmmmmm, because Bayern is on the list I guess these teames have won the treble?
But only 4 teams?
Whats the answer, PackerFan71? ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Aaah, thank you PackerFan71.
The old 4-3-3 Ajax formation is still one of my favourite ones and I still use it when playing football mamanger games.
I dont like the modern 4-5-1 formations with only one striker on the field.

Ha! i tried 4-3-3 it didn't work for me, horses for courses though that Ajax team were spectacular. :tup:
Never understood playing with just 1 up front unless your really up against a top side, then you could justify it. As for the no striker thing its stupid, Spain used it i'm like why???? your the best team on the planet, attack entertain the fans what were they scared of!!! :confused::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, because Bayern is on the list I guess these teames have won the treble?
But only 4 teams?
Whats the answer, PackerFan71? ;)

Brownie points for you if you didn't use Google, it is a treble. The Blues joined the elite club in May winning the Europa League. The Answer is the teams that have won every major European trophy including the now defunct Cup Winners Cup. Not counting the Super Cup that's just a glorified pre-season friendly. Shocked to hear Liverpool, Real, Barca, Milan, Inter, ManU etc have never done it. :eek: I guess they prioritized for the CL and their domestic leagues more than most.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brownie points for you if you didn't use Google, it is a treble. The Blues joined the elite club in May winning the Europa League. The Answer is the teams that have won every major European trophy including the now defunct Cup Winners Cup. Not counting the Super Cup that's just a glorified pre-season friendly. Shocked to hear Liverpool, Real, Barca, Milan, Inter, ManU etc have never done it. :eek: I guess they prioritized for the CL and their domestic leagues more than most.
I didnt use google, I swear :eek::D
Because you mentioned Bayern I thought it must be something like winning the treble :cool:;)
So my brownie points are well deserved, PackerFan71 :geek:

Today starts the Confed Cup, I wonder if they air any games on TV ?
I didnt know that Tahiti (!) participates :eek:
Didnt even know that football is played in Tahiti....:confused:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I didnt use google, I swear :eek::D
Because you mentioned Bayern I thought it must be something like winning the treble :cool:;)
So my brownie points are well deserved, PackerFan71 :geek:

Today starts the Confed Cup, I wonder if they air any games on TV ?
I didnt know that Tahiti (!) participates :eek:
Didnt even know that football is played in Tahiti....:confused:

Good job, :tup: are they well known for that? i suppose thats what gave it away, im sure they have been telling everyone for long enough. :rolleyes: I don't think id have got it since i'm in the UK. Never tried a Brownie apparently they are quite nice. :)

I know so little about the Confed Cup Italy plays? Catenccio BOOO! anyone but them. I don't even know how you qualify for it. Tahiti?!! some obscure teams quite clearly, i thought they only played Rugby or Surfed. :confused: I'm not even sure if they are showing the games here but id no doubt watch one if it was on.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good job, :tup: are they well known for that? i suppose thats what gave it away, im sure they have been telling everyone for long enough. :rolleyes: I don't think id have got it since i'm in the UK. Never tried a Brownie apparently they are quite nice. :)

I know so little about the Confed Cup Italy plays? Catenccio BOOO! anyone but them. I don't even know how you qualify for it. Tahiti?!! some obscure teams quite clearly, i thought they only played Rugby or Surfed. :confused: I'm not even sure if they are showing the games here but id no doubt watch one if it was on.

Yepp, thats why I had a guess.
TV, newspapers, websites, magazines.....you couldnt escape they hype about Bayern, Heynckes and the historic
treble. :rolleyes:;)

To me its more like a meaningless, friendly tournament.
As much as I remember the continental champions do qualify and because Spain are World - and Continental champions Italy has qualified as well. :rolleyes:
But Tahiti is really strange, isnt it ? Cant believe that they represent Oceania and not Australia or New Zealand.
Anyway, Brasil won the first game against Japan 3-0 and Neymar scored.
Will be interesting to see how he fits in at Barca.
Just found out - you can watch the Confed Cup on BBC: :tup:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22843441

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, thats why I had a guess.
TV, newspapers, websites, magazines.....you couldnt escape they hype about Bayern, Heynckes and the historic
treble. :rolleyes:;)

To me its more like a meaningless, friendly tournament.
As much as I remember the continental champions do qualify and because Spain are World - and Continental champions Italy has qualified as well. :rolleyes:
But Tahiti is really strange, isnt it ? Cant believe that they represent Oceania and not Australia or New Zealand.
Anyway, Brasil won the first game against Japan 3-0 and Neymar scored.
Will be interesting to see how he fits in at Barca.
Just found out - you can watch the Confed Cup on BBC: :tup:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22843441

Yawn we were lucky here and did not have to endure all the OTT hype and speil from them about that particular treble, i suppose even some of their fans got sick of it i know i would have. :sleep:

Thats all it seems to be, at first i thought it was the South American version of European Championships. :D

Silly concept, no contest in terms of competition. FIFA trying to be all PC and rake in more money. :rolleyes:

Neymar the next Brazillian superstar, im sure he will do well there.

Cool ill watch a game if its half decent. :tup: Checked the kickoffs quite late.

Members online

Latest posts