EPL and British Football

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Wuppertal and Prinzen music, thats hard ?! :eek::D
So did you use the Suspension Line ?
If you will be back in Germany one day - don't miss Hamburg, the most beautiful city in our country :tup:
Because you like soccer and maybe also interesting to improve your German - The 11 Freunde magazine ? Do you know that ?
It's a great soccer magazine with interesting stories about German, British and World Soccer.
There also is a website: http://www.11freunde.de/

Thanks for the link! I didn't get to use the suspension line. We were there for business and it only took a day. I was staying in Hoerstgen (sp?) at the time. I'd love to see Hamburg some day. I'd love to get back to Germany. I paid a visit to Lutherstadt-Wittenberg when I had meetings in Berlin. I got to see a lot of beautiful German countryside. I was on the high speed rail when I was looking out the windows and saw two wild boar running along the edge of a field. I never realized they were so big. My wife has never been to Germany and I told her I want to take her there some day. My extended family is from Bavaria; Nemmersdorf and Lindenhart areas.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think Scotland has to improve their work with young talents and maybe there is a chance that this will happen because clubs, especially like the Rangers and Celtic, don't have that money anymore to buy expensive foreign players and that hopefully will force them to give young talents more time on the field.
When Ireland had a chance to qualify there should be a chance for Scotland as well soon ! :tup:

Youth development better coaches and living within your means is the way to go, we live in hope that new talent will come through. If a young player has any real talent or ambition the EPL or any other bigger league is the best place for him to develop.

I think the above mentioned Rangers and Celtic are a big part of the problem definatley, particularly Rangers who are on their knees at the moment due to terrible financial mismanagement. They paid Stefan Klos the Goalkeeper as much as David Beckham, utter Madness for a team in such a small league.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! I didn't get to use the suspension line. We were there for business and it only took a day. I was staying in Hoerstgen (sp?) at the time. I'd love to see Hamburg some day. I'd love to get back to Germany. I paid a visit to Lutherstadt-Wittenberg when I had meetings in Berlin. I got to see a lot of beautiful German countryside. I was on the high speed rail when I was looking out the windows and saw two wild boar running along the edge of a field. I never realized they were so big. My wife has never been to Germany and I told her I want to take her there some day. My extended family is from Bavaria; Nemmersdorf and Lindenhart areas.

Yepp, Hoerstgen is right. Hope you will have a possibility to visit Germany together with your wife some day, there are lot of things to do and to see, you will like it.
And with a little luck you could have the possibility to watch a Bundesliga Soccer match of your beloved Bayern ? ;)
Nemmersdorf is close to Bayreuth/ Bavaria and Bavaria is really beautiful though people like me from Northern Germany have their special opinion about Bavarians :D
But it's more like making jokes about each other.....

Youth development better coaches and living within your means is the way to go, we live in hope that new talent will come through. If a young player has any real talent or ambition the EPL or any other bigger league is the best place for him to develop.

I think the above mentioned Rangers and Celtic are a big part of the problem definatley, particularly Rangers who are on their knees at the moment due to terrible financial mismanagement. They paid Stefan Klos the Goalkeeper as much as David Beckham, utter Madness for a team in such a small league.

I totally agree. Are there any news about the Rangers ? I thought they are bankrupt. Will they play the next season ?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yepp, Hoerstgen is right. Hope you will have a possibility to visit Germany together with your wife some day, there are lot of things to do and to see, you will like it.
And with a little luck you could have the possibility to watch a Bundesliga Soccer match of your beloved Bayern ? ;)
Nemmersdorf is close to Bayreuth/ Bavaria and Bavaria is really beautiful though people like me from Northern Germany have their special opinion about Bavarians :D
But it's more like making jokes about each other...

LOL. I know about those opinions. My Berlin friends referred to the Bavarians in the same way we refer to the Southerners in the States as "country hicks".

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I totally agree. Are there any news about the Rangers ? I thought they are bankrupt. Will they play the next season ?

Its anyone's guess whats going to happen to them, and i dont really care if i'm honest. If they don't have a buyer sorted out by sometime in June they will be pretty much finished, and even if they get a new owner they have a massive Tax evasion case to deal with. If they lose that then they will owe approx £50 million+ so things are looking very bad for them right now. By rights they should have been relegated to Division 3 of the league and given a -15 point start , and then made to re-apply for membership for all the things they have done.

They just had a 12 month transfer ban lifted by the court of law (amazing really). But money talks, and i wouldn't be suprised if they stay in the League and carry on. I'm no fan of Celtic either, just to make that very clear.:)
Last but not least, if Rangers are found guilty for using (Dual Payments) to pay players they could have many league titles stripped off them. Naughty little boys eh? :roflmao:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well Brazil thrashed the U.S.A. in last night's friendly. Looks like Klinsman still has a lot of work to do. One U.S pro a couple years ago said the U.S. won't catch up to the rest of the world in soccer until little kids are seen playing soccer in the streets like they do baseball and basketball. The U.S really needs a well organized youth developmental program like other countries.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well Brazil thrashed the U.S.A. in last night's friendly. Looks like Klinsman still has a lot of work to do. One U.S pro a couple years ago said the U.S. won't catch up to the rest of the world in soccer until little kids are seen playing soccer in the streets like they do baseball and basketball. The U.S really needs a well organized youth developmental program like other countries.

I would not really worry about losing against Brazil much, they are pretty much light years ahead of the rest of the world in terms of skill and technique. Fair comment by that pro, but its not your national game anyway i doubt it ever will be. One thing ill say about some the US players is their dedication and work ethic in comparison to some of the players over here, who are complacent and lazy at times.

Brazil 1982 The most fun i have ever had watching football.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its anyone's guess whats going to happen to them, and i dont really care if i'm honest. If they don't have a buyer sorted out by sometime in June they will be pretty much finished, and even if they get a new owner they have a massive Tax evasion case to deal with. If they lose that then they will owe approx £50 million+ so things are looking very bad for them right now. By rights they should have been relegated to Division 3 of the league and given a -15 point start , and then made to re-apply for membership for all the things they have done.

They just had a 12 month transfer ban lifted by the court of law (amazing really). But money talks, and i wouldn't be suprised if they stay in the League and carry on. I'm no fan of Celtic either, just to make that very clear.:)
Last but not least, if Rangers are found guilty for using (Dual Payments) to pay players they could have many league titles stripped off them. Naughty little boys eh? :roflmao:
Unbelieveable, that would be crazy :eek:
Though there is a "so called" friendship between Hamburg and Rangers fans I don't have any compassion for them.

Forget those results of friendly matches, as you know Germany lost to Switzerland 3-5, but who cares? :rolleyes:
And as PackerFan71 wrote - Brazil is light years away.
I am in the US for vacations about 2 times a year and very often, especially on weekends, I see a lot of young boys and girls playing soccer on the street or having little tournaments on a huge turf with 5 or 10 soccer fields on it.
So it looks like soccer is getting more and more popular.
But I also think that soccer in the US will never reach the same dimensions that we have.
Same for us with American Football, I watched a Hamburg Blue Devils Game on Saturday, great weather and maybe a crowd of 1.500 people watching. Really poor for a GFL Game (Highest League for American Football in Germany) in a city like Hamburg with about 2.0 Million citizens.
Why ? Because we do not have any tradition in playing American Football.....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Unbelieveable, that would be crazy :eek:
Though there is a "so called" friendship between Hamburg and Rangers fans I don't have any compassion for them.

Yep i guess for them its only criminal activity if they get caught.....and also the alleged friendship with Celtic and St Pauli....give me a break who really cares?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep i guess for them its only criminal activity if they get caught.....and also the alleged friendship with Celtic and St Pauli....give me a break who really cares?
St.Pauli....who the f*** are St.Pauli ?:eek::mad: ;)

As much as I know there is only one club from Hamburg playing Bundesliga ! :ninja:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
St.Pauli....who the f*** are St.Pauli ?:eek::mad: ;)

As much as I know there is only one club from Hamburg playing Bundesliga ! :ninja:

I have no idea who they are, but i see silly celtic fans wearing their weird brown shirts now and then.:alien:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You guys are a lot more knowledgeable about soccer than me. Is the new Liverpool manager any good?

I also saw that Terry was suspended for an additional two European games. Thoughts?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You guys are a lot more knowledgeable about soccer than me. Is the new Liverpool manager any good?

I also saw that Terry was suspended for an additional two European games. Thoughts?

Rodgers of the (Brendan) variety was part of Jose Mourinho's coaching backroom staff at Chelsea, he's had a good education in that respect. He took little Swansea City up to the Premiership and made them a feisty little outfit, nothing was really expected from them so no real pressure other than the drop into The Championship (Div 1). Anything after that was a bonus so he's done well there. Liverpool however is a whole different ballgame, he's a bit of a gamble but sometimes gamble's pay off. Expectations are higher top four finish at least is always expected, and a few trophies every season. I think hes a good prospect, and given time he could turn them around. But if that will happen.....we will see.

I'm in a minority as a Chelsea fan regarding Terry, i don't like him for Football and good character reasons. Or should i say, (lack of them). I wouldn't have him as club Captain, that honour should be Frank Lampard's who is a class act. For me Terry is embarassing, just a little boy that hasn't grown up. In the intelligence department he's not the sharpest tool in the box either, as seen from his stupid sending off in the Barcelona Semi Final. I was not that unhappy he was suspended for the CLF and the European games, David Luis didn't put a foot wrong standing in for him. So no great loss.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers of the (Brendan) variety was part of Jose Mourinho's coaching backroom staff at Chelsea, he's had a good education in that respect. He took little Swansea City up to the Premiership and made them a feisty little outfit, nothing was really expected from them so no real pressure other than the drop into The Championship (Div 1). Anything after that was a bonus so he's done well there. Liverpool however is whole different ballgame, he's a bit of a gamble but sometimes gamble's pay off. Expectations are higher top four finish at least is always expected, and a few trophies every season. I think hes a good prospect, and given time he could turn them around. But if that will happen.....we will see.

I'm in a minority as a Chelsea fan regarding Terry, i don't like him for Football and good character reasons. Or should i say, (lack of them). I wouldn't have him as club Captain, that honour should be Frank Lampard's who is a class act. For me Terry is embarassing, just a little boy that hasn't grown up. In the intelligence department he's not the sharpest tool in the box either, as seen from his stupid sending off in the Barcelona Semi Final. I was not that unhappy he was suspended for the CLF and the European games, David Luis didn't put a foot wrong standing in for him. So no great loss.

He's a jerk and a shame for Chelsea and English football .
I always admired british football players as hard but fair, no diving and things like that.
But this one against Sanchez is simply stupid and it is John Terry again, after his racism case he gives Chelsea
another reason to look for someone to replace him as soon as possible.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
He's a jerk and a shame for Chelsea and English football .
I always admired british football players as hard but fair, no diving and things like that.
But this one against Sanchez is simply stupid and it is John Terry again, after his racism case he gives Chelsea another reason to look for someone to replace him as soon as possible.

Amen, im not going to mention his name again. CFC has so much more postive things about it than one moronic brainless individual. I just wish they would do something about him, as all the negativity is bad news for the Football Club.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, very interesting and somehow frustrating because it's obvious that it will be a long and hard way back to "the top" of European Football. :(

No matter for now, at least we have to Euro's starting soon and hopefully some decent games.:)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm a U.S. citizen but I'm still rooting for Germany. I just can't bring myself to cheer for this undisciplined U.S. bunch. I watched their friendly against Canada. They looked like they were lost on the field, no imagination, no surprises, mostly straight lines. It was sad. I'm sorry for the poor Scotsmen they beat.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter for now, at least we have to Euro's starting soon and hopefully some decent games.:)

:roflmao: Great video..and Psycho..."look at his face, just look at his face..." Awesome ! :D
I am so excited that Euro 2012 is starting this weekend, I will be in London and have to look for a pub to watch our first match against Portugal.
To be honest - nothing less than the title is expected here in Germany !
I have to check the schedule when we could meet England to throw them out of the tournament.....:p:D

I'm a U.S. citizen but I'm still rooting for Germany. I just can't bring myself to cheer for this undisciplined U.S. bunch. I watched their friendly against Canada. They looked like they were lost on the field, no imagination, no surprises, mostly straight lines. It was sad. I'm sorry for the poor Scotsmen they beat.
Be patient, they are not that bad, only a friendly.
They will play better against Antigua.
But of course your support for the german team is appreciated ! ;)

By the way - did you see or read this interesting article ?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/sports/soccer/04iht-soccer04.html?_r=1

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Yes the Scotsmen were poor they just didn't want to be playing at all, the only place they wanted to be was on a recliner on a sunny beach somewhere after the domestic season ended. These friendlies are meaningless games. Kind of like the Pro Bowl without Hawaii and the Hype. Canada i would say are on Scotland's level, thats how poor we are, made even poorer by a usless coach. Like you i have kind of given up on my national side for now, untill they prove their worth again my indfference will continue.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
:roflmao: Great video..and Psycho..."look at his face, just look at his face..." Awesome ! :D
I am so excited that Euro 2012 is starting this weekend, I will be in London and have to look for a pub to watch our first match against Portugal.
I have to check the schedule when we could meet England to throw them out of the tournament.....

Euro 96' Angst turmoil oh the pain.....we were a Mcallister Penalty Kick away from the Quarter Finals because Gascoigne was going to be taken off if he scored, then he goes and misses it unreal.... ahh the joys of following Scotland.:roflmao: Isn't this always the case in Gemany pre tournament? :p;) at least they can back it up. They always have a good chance of winning. England? mmmmmm, boring, boring, boring.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Euro 96' Angst turmoil oh the pain.....we were a Mcallister Penalty Kick away from the Quarter Finals because Gascoigne was going to be taken off if he scored, then he goes and misses it unreal.... ahh the joys of following Scotland.:roflmao: Isn't this always the case in Gemany pre tournament? :p;) at least they can back it up. They always have a good chance of winning. England? mmmmmm, boring, boring, boring.

Yepp - but this year I am really sure we will win the title :cool:;)
But to be serious - Germany has a dangerous group with playing Portugal, our "special friends" Netherlands and Denmark.
But if they reach the Semifinals I am sure they can make it.
And England...? With a little luck they can take a flight back home after the preliminaries :p

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp - but this year I am really sure we will win the title :cool:;)
But to be serious - Germany has a dangerous group with playing Portugal, our "special friends" Netherlands and Denmark.
But if they reach the Semifinals I am sure they can make it.
And England...? With a little luck they can take a flight back home after the preliminaries :p

I had no idea you were in wid de Nederlanders, ohh no love lost there. That's a tricky Group to be honest.....:unsure:
England always amuse, they go into every tournament with Godlike certainty that they have a chance of winning.
(Strange really) since they haven't won anything since the Beatles were around.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I have to check the schedule when we could meet England to throw them out of the tournament.....:p:D

Be patient, they are not that bad, only a friendly.
They will play better against Antigua.
But of course your support for the german team is appreciated ! ;)

By the way - did you see or read this interesting article ?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/sports/soccer/04iht-soccer04.html?_r=1

Nice article. Mein Hertz schlägt schwarz, rot, gold.

Members online

Latest posts