EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool its a nice Hoodie, you should get it wayyy before you need it. Might get one myself half price!:tup:
About now is when i consider buying a Scotland shirt if its a good one, all half price because of the new design.:)
I wish i had some of my gear from that era it would not fit now of course. But its worth a fortune on ebay sometimes!

That's rhyming slang,
Apples and Pairs - ''Stairs''
Trouble and strife - ''Wife''
Butchers hook - ''Look'' etc,etc,

Not sure possibly 2 places for CL and 2 for the Europa League i think, crazy it would be fantastic if they managed to do it! Yeah glad it worked, great fans for the most part at Celtic.:cool:

Yeah, maybe you should get yourself one as well, you never know how the new design will look like.
Hope they really have it in stock, only got a confirmation email, no shipping details so far.
I am leaving on March 14th, hope they get it done... ;)

Trouble and strife = wife, that makes sense. :eek:
Thanks again PackerFan71, there is always something to learn for me.... :)
I just googled it and they say its called "Cockney Rhyming Slang". Never heard before though I know that Cockney is a slang from London (East End?)

You never know - maybe Hamburg qualifies as well and plays Ross County in the Europa League. I would not hesitate to buy me tickets for a away game at Ross County. But O.K., thats daydreaming and a looooooong way to go......... ;)

Chelsea plays WestBrom at home, should be 3 points for Chelsea I guess.
Rafa Benitez still on the bench tomorrow, not fired yet? :D
Spurs vs Arsenal is another interesting game, hope they will air it on Sky so that I can watch it.

Hamburg plays Furth at home, only three points are accepted after the disastrous loss at Hannover last weekend.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe you should get yourself one as well, you never know how the new design will look like.
Hope they really have it in stock, only got a confirmation email, no shipping details so far.
I am leaving on March 14th, hope they get it done... ;)

Trouble and strife = wife, that makes sense. :eek:
Thanks again PackerFan71, there is always something to learn for me.... :)
I just googled it and they say its called "Cockney Rhyming Slang". Never heard before though I know that Cockney is a slang from London (East End?)

You never know - maybe Hamburg qualifies as well and plays Ross County in the Europa League. I would not hesitate to buy me tickets for a away game at Ross County. But O.K., thats daydreaming and a looooooong way to go......... ;)

Chelsea plays WestBrom at home, should be 3 points for Chelsea I guess.
Rafa Benitez still on the bench tomorrow, not fired yet? :D
Spurs vs Arsenal is another interesting game, hope they will air it on Sky so that I can watch it.

Hamburg plays Furth at home, only three points are accepted after the disastrous loss at Hannover last weekend.

It should be ok, sometimes with those online outlets the confirmation email is all you get. And they ship the item out straight away. Looks like they have plenty in stock.:)

Thats right Rhyming slang is from deepest West Ham country, your a Cockney if your born with hearing distance of Bow Bells church.

Yeah that's what i thought that would be really cool. Might have to goto that one and buy you a beer.:tup: You never know.

Not so sure about that game West Brom are difficult customers with a good coach so we will see. Obviously i want a win but because of Benitez i'm like whatever.

Furth should be a good pickme up game after Hannover.;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be ok, sometimes with those online outlets the confirmation email is all you get. And they ship the item out straight away. Looks like they have plenty in stock.:)

Thats right Rhyming slang is from deepest West Ham country, your a Cockney if your born with hearing distance of Bow Bells church.

Yeah that's what i thought that would be really cool. Might have to goto that one and buy you a beer.:tup: You never know.

Not so sure about that game West Brom are difficult customers with a good coach so we will see. Obviously i want a win but because of Benitez i'm like whatever.

Furth should be a good pickme up game after Hannover.;)

"Dear xxxxxxxxxxx, we have despatched the following items for your order number."
Looks like my Hoodie is on the way to Hamburg :)

12.30....I have to hurry because I must leave the house at 1.30 to be at the stadium on time.
I hope you are right with the "pickme up" game......I'll be back later...;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
"Dear xxxxxxxxxxx, we have despatched the following items for your order number."
Looks like my Hoodie is on the way to Hamburg :)

12.30....I have to hurry because I must leave the house at 1.30 to be at the stadium on time.
I hope you are right with the "pickme up" game......I'll be back later...;)

Cool, shouldn't take too long now!

In all honesty if i was him id get my coat.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Brom-Rafa-Benitez-targeted-banners-fans.html

Good luck!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I wonder why WBA even showed up for this match. Chelsea didn't have to work very hard. I'm surprised Chelsea didn't score a lot more. I like young Oscar. He's going to be one to watch in the future.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had enough for today, only 1:1 against Furth, embarrassing :rolleyes:
At least Chelsea won and Ross County with a draw against Inverness :tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

And this draw dropped them out of the top six, didn't it? At least Leverkusen is losing right now.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

I don't get it i should be pleased CFC won, but i don't care really must be the Benitez malaise. A point today for County was ok that's something.:)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
And this draw dropped them out of the top six, didn't it? At least Leverkusen is losing right now.
Yepp.
But if you cant beat a team like Furth you are simply mediocre.
We had enough chances to score two or three times but didnt make it.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Speaking as a Bayern fan, I rather not see Chelsea in the Champions league. :cry:

Why ever not Croak? we did not let a football game get in our way of a good party last time we were in München.:tup:

FIFA jeeez what clowns, this would mess up the whole Football calendar season.:confused::rolleyes:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21644726

This comment summed it up.
''So Qatar's population is less than Macedonia, is smaller than the Falkland Islands, will be 50 degrees and don't allow alcohol: seems like a great place to host a world cup!!!!!!''

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So they are "tweaking" the offsides rule. Why don't they just simplify the whole stinking thing and say "If you are in an offsides position, you are offsides, regardless of whether it affects play or not." That would sure remove a lot of debate and questions.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
So they are "tweaking" the offsides rule. Why don't they just simplify the whole stinking thing and say "If you are in an offsides position, you are offsides, regardless of whether it affects play or not." That would sure remove a lot of debate and questions.

Its BS your either ahead of the last defender when the ball is played forward or you aint. Simple as that. Affects play? have no idea what they are talking about.:confused:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why ever not Croak? we did not let a football game get in our way of a good party last time we were in München.:tup:

FIFA jeeez what clowns, this would mess up the whole Football calendar season.:confused::rolleyes:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21644726

This comment summed it up.
''So Qatar's population is less than Macedonia, is smaller than the Falkland Islands, will be 50 degrees and don't allow alcohol: seems like a great place to host a world cup!!!!!!''

Well, what can we expect from this corruption system called "Fifa" and his godfather Blatter?
This comment you quoted hits the nail on the head, its ridiculous. :mad:
If it would be a camel race World Cup I'm fine with Qatar but we are talking about football.
And do they really need a medical report to understand that its not healthy to play football when its 50 degrees Celcius outside ? :eek: What a joke....
But money makes the world go round.:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, what can we expect from this corruption system called "Fifa" and his godfather Blatter?
This comment you quoted hits the nail on the head, its ridiculous. :mad:
If it would be a camel race World Cup I'm fine with Qatar but we are talking about football.
And do they really need a medical report to understand that its not healthy to play football when its 50 degrees Celcius outside ? :eek: What a joke....
But money makes the world go round.:rolleyes:

Deffo what next though Camel racing in the Arctic circle perhap$? Blatter $hould put in a fea$ibility $tudy in thi$ $ounds like a winner!:cool:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched Spurs vs. Arsenal, good game !
Looks like AVB finally found his place in the EPL ?
Spurs now have a good chance to qualify for the Champions League.
The commentator said if Arsenal would not qualifiy it would be the first time after 15 years in a row...

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just watched Spurs vs. Arsenal, good game !
Looks like AVB finally found his place in the EPL ?
Spurs now have a good chance to qualify for the Champions League.
The commentator said if Arsenal would not qualifiy it would be the first time after 15 years in a row...

Horses for courses AVB was a disaster at the Bridge, where he reminded me of a young boy trying to get respect from older dominant players was never going to work. Different at Spurs not so much is expected that's helping him a great deal, he could end up doing quite well there although i very much doubted it .

It may well happen, it shows what under-investment will do to a once mighty football club. The owner is managing them like they are Crewe Alexendra - (feeder club).

Mourinho World.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21621112

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Horses for courses AVB was a disaster at the Bridge, where he reminded me of a young boy trying to get respect from older dominant players was never going to work. Different at Spurs not so much is expected that's helping him a great deal, he could end up doing quite well there although i very much doubted it .

It may well happen, it shows what under-investment will do to a once mighty football club. The owner is managing them like they are Crewe Alexendra - (feeder club).

Mourinho World.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21621112

Great video, some really weird quotes....:eek:
Class One eggs for better omelettes, I absolutely agree with him :D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Great video, some really weird quotes....:eek:
Class One eggs for better omelettes, I absolutely with him :D

You would think he was nuts but he's a windup merchant and knows what he's doing, he totally extracts it from the press. And clearly enjoys doing it.:D
I like two types of eggs, Cadburys Cream eggs and fried eggs, im very picky.:)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would think he was nuts but he's a windup merchant and knows what he's doing, he totally extracts it from the press. And clearly enjoys doing it.:D
I like two types of eggs, Cadburys Cream eggs and fried eggs, im very picky.:)

Hmmm... Cadburry Cream eggs ? I love Cadbury chocolate.
Maybe I should try it next time when I am in UK ?
And Marmite as well...and my beloved Walkers Crisps.... ;)
Btw - in Germany you buy "Class One eggs" and get "Class Three eggs" for the price of "Class One Eggs"....but thats another topic.:rolleyes:
http://www.dw.de/egg-fraud-scandal-hits-already-food-conscious-germany/a-16625982

Just tried to track my Scotland hoodie, still stuck in Leeds......c'mon, lets go... I am waiting :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmm... Cadburry Cream eggs ? I love Cadbury chocolate.
Maybe I should try it next time when I am in UK ?
And Marmite as well...and my beloved Walkers Crisps.... ;)
Btw - in Germany you buy "Class One eggs" and get "Class Three eggs" for the price of "Class One Eggs"....but thats another topic.:rolleyes:
http://www.dw.de/egg-fraud-scandal-hits-already-food-conscious-germany/a-16625982

Just tried to track my Scotland hoodie, still stuck in Leeds......c'mon, lets go... I am waiting :rolleyes:

Yeah deffo! Cadburys Cream eggs only are about for a few months around easter yeah nice little choccy eggs always a fave. They go out of circulation at the end of March so it should be easy to get a few.

Gowd another food scandal, here its imported illegal Horse meat getting in the food chain in burgers. If its not one thing its another.:rolleyes:
Im a Doritos type too addictive!:mad: Im not much of a real egg type wasn't aware of the class thingy lol!

It was probly stuck in a Post Office mail hub over the weekend Leeds? short plane ride over the sea should do it. when ive bought items from abroad - US it takes 7-10 days so it shouldn't take any longer than that.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah deffo! Cadburys Cream eggs only are about for a few months around easter yeah nice little choccy eggs always a fave. They go out of circulation at the end of March so it should be easy to get a few.

Gowd another food scandal, here its imported illegal Horse meat getting in the food chain in burgers. If its not one thing its another.:rolleyes:
Im a Doritos type too addictive!:mad: Im not much of a real egg type wasn't aware of the class thingy lol!

It was probly stuck in a Post Office mail hub over the weekend Leeds? short plane ride over the sea should do it. when ive bought items from abroad - US it takes 7-10 days so it shouldn't take any longer than that.

Nice avatar :D
I am addicted to all kind of crisps, but especially to Walkers Cheese&Onion and Salt&Vinegar. :eek:
The Salt&Vinegar taste is something that most people obviously dont like, you rarely find crisps in Germany with Salt&Vinegar taste.
As usual we fly with BA from London and they do offer Walker Crips on board, and Fuller's London Pride....and Newcastle Brown Ale..... :)

Hoodie is on the way now.... ;)
Departed Facility in GATWICK - UK
GATWICK - UK

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Nice avatar :D
I am addicted to all kind of crisps, but especially to Walkers Cheese&Onion and Salt&Vinegar. :eek:
The Salt&Vinegar taste is something that most people obviously dont like, you rarely find crisps in Germany with Salt&Vinegar taste.
As usual we fly with BA from London and they do offer Walker Crips on board, and Fuller's London Pride....and Newcastle Brown Ale..... :)

Hoodie is on the way now.... ;)
Departed Facility in GATWICK - UK
GATWICK - UK

A tangy cheese head Dorito quite appropriate.:)

Doritos cool, and tangy cheese, are the ones i go for. Also Pringles cheese and onion. S&V is less strong but its ok.

So they offer all types of stuff on fights, i can see now why flying a lot is an unhealthy pass time.

There you go, it ill be there soon.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A tangy cheese head Dorito quite appropriate.:)

Doritos cool, and tangy cheese, are the ones i go for. Also Pringles cheese and onion. S&V is less strong but its ok.

So they offer all types of stuff on fights, i can see now why flying a lot is an unhealthy pass time.

There you go, it ill be there soon.

Yepp, thats true but just chewing on vegetable sticks on a 10 1/2 hrs. flight would be half the fun ;)

Members online

Latest posts