EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep pretty much on all fronts its been pants, County scored a late equalizer 2-2 thats about it. You watching the Superbowl? ill see how it goes for the first couple of quarters........

Still cant stand Suarez, just something about the guy. I'm sorry for me that's way worse than anything Hazard did to a Ballman.
Very good ! They are 15 points ahead of Dundee FC, I think they wont be relegated after this season.:tup:
Superbowl ? I think I will have a short nap before getting up for the 3d or 4th quarter to watch the final minutes of the game.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Very good ! They are 15 points ahead of Dundee FC, I think they wont be relegated after this season.:tup:
Superbowl ? I think I will have a short nap before getting up for the 3d or 4th quarter to watch the final minutes of the game.

Tough one to call........cant decide if the Ravens experience will be enough against a younger faster team.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough one to call........cant decide if the Ravens experience will be enough against a younger faster team.
Yepp, but I hope the Ravens will win because I cant stand Jim Harbaugh :rolleyes:
Both teams play similar, extremely physical - as you wrote, hard to predict who will win the Lombardi Trophy...

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, but I hope the Ravens will win because I cant stand Jim Harbaugh :rolleyes:
Both teams play similar, extremely physical - as you wrote, hard to predict who will win the Lombardi Trophy...

I think his brother is a nicer dude, i know its a c**p reason but who cares. Ravens also for me.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Well it looks like you could be at Villa park next season at least.;)

If we stay up that is! Nah, i think we will, few injuries coming back now, things will get better.

Have alot of friends who are Villa fans, and theyve been the biggest Midlands club for a long time now, them getting relegated would be hilarious. If only for the payback from the stick i recieved last season after our shocking demise.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regards the SB, I'm gunning for Ravens too, simply because i'd love to see R.Lewis' celebration, the guys off his ****!

In england we have abit of a tradition of usually supporting the team who's knocked you out, so you can say 'At least we lost to the eventual winners'.

I think the 49ers will win, but i'd like the Ravens to.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know about you guys but quite enjoyed watching the SB, thought it was going to be a blowout/blackout. :) Ravens were a tad lucky in the end but the 49er fumbles were not their fault, and they didn't play for half the game.:rolleyes:
Get a move on Abramovich!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rinho-latest-Chelsea-start-court-manager.html

Terrific game. Will be interesting to see if the 49ers can start another SuperBowl Run next season.
I expect other teams to be better prepared how to play the 49ers and especially their QB Kaepernick.

Sounds promising, I'm more and more convinced that Mourinho will return to Stamford Bridge.
I dont see him signing with PSG, the french league would be a step back for him.

Chelsea should get rid of Benitez after this season, as I said before - it just doesnt fit.
Saying that Chelsea lost at Newcastle because of the lack of experience of his team is a weird argument.
They didnt play ManU, City or Tottenham, they played against a team that is close to the bottom of the table... :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Terrific game. Will be interesting to see if the 49ers can start another SuperBowl Run next season.
I expect other teams to be better prepared how to play the 49ers and especially their QB Kaepernick.

Sounds promising, I'm more and more convinced that Mourinho will return to Stamford Bridge.
I dont see him signing with PSG, the french league would be a step back for him.

Chelsea should get rid of Benitez after this season, as I said before - it just doesnt fit.
Saying that Chelsea lost at Newcastle because of the lack of experience of his team is a weird argument.
They didnt play ManU, City or Tottenham, they played against a team that is close to the bottom of the table... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry about the 49ers, they will be so annoyed throwing that game away that it will motivate them big time. Although If Kaepernick gets hurt on one of his crazy runs they are in trouble.

There is only one place he wants to go, and it is not Paris. It depends on how much control of team affairs Abramovich agrees to give him.

Such a silly remark so over 1,300 games is inexperience? i think someone should call the men in white coats.;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I didn't get to post sooner, (and not because of the money bowl). My Daughter and her husband came in from out of state for a visit. But that Chelsea game had to be a heart breaker. It was exciting though.

Can't say I watched the Super Bowl, sick of the game becoming just another marketing vehicle masquerading as sport. Did you know they had an 8 and a half hour pregame show? Loaded with advertisements of course....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I didn't get to post sooner, (and not because of the money bowl). My Daughter and her husband came in from out of state for a visit. But that Chelsea game had to be a heart breaker. It was exciting though.

Can't say I watched the Super Bowl, sick of the game becoming just another marketing vehicle masquerading as sport. Did you know they had an 8 and a half hour pregame show? Loaded with advertisements of course....

That's the good old Chelsea of old, gallant swashbuckling losers. I hate it, give me a tight 1-0 win and 3 points any day.

Theres only one term Mourinho would want in his contract at Chelsea... and thats to let him get on with the job.

He was sacked because he was seen as too powerful.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any thoughts guys ? Could this be a step in the right direction ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ncial-fair-play-rules-are-broken-8485558.html

Interesting results so far, the Saints beat City 3-1, QPR lost again and Chelsea with an important win over Wigan, especially because Spurs won as well.
Lampard with another goal and Germany's best diver Marin too. :eek: :rolleyes:

Ahhh, and not to forget - Ross County with a 2-0 win over Dundee on Friday, very nice. :tup:
Wolves only with a draw against Leeds, hope the Wolves climb up the table soon.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Any thoughts guys ? Could this be a step in the right direction ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ncial-fair-play-rules-are-broken-8485558.html

Interesting results so far, the Saints beat City 3-1, QPR lost again and Chelsea with an important win over Wigan, especially because Spurs won as well.
Lampard with another goal and Germany's best diver Marin too. :eek: :rolleyes:

Ahhh, and not to forget - Ross County with a 2-0 win over Dundee on Friday, very nice. :tup:
Wolves only with a draw against Leeds, hope the Wolves climb up the table soon.

No question a step in the right direction i'm all for it, Abramovich and Man Citys Arabs would have to be careful or face penalties. Delighted Man City lost, long overdue id forgotten about Marin tbh i was like who's he?:confused:
I saw County's game on TV better side won, 1st goal was a off the cross bar down on the line effort but the ref gave it. The other was scored in the last seconds, 0-2 im happy.:)

Paul Gascoigne was near death after coming of alcohol suddenly, but he's in intensive care now in a US clinic and out of danger for now. He has tonnes of faults but he does not deserve to die, hopefully he pulls through and drops the bottle but i wouldn't bet on it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
No question a step in the right direction i'm all for it, Abramovich and Man Citys Arabs would have to be careful or face penalties. Delighted Man City lost, long overdue id forgotten about Marin tbh i was like who's he?:confused:
I saw County's game on TV better side won, 1st goal was a off the cross bar down on the line effort but the ref gave it. The other was scored in the last seconds, 0-2 im happy.:)

Paul Gascoigne was near death after coming of alcohol suddenly, but he's in intensive care now in a US clinic and out of danger for now. He has tonnes of faults but he does not deserve to die, hopefully he pulls through and drops the bottle but i wouldn't bet on it.

How come nobody likes City ? :D
I read about Paul Gascoigne today, its a tragedy and I really hope he recovers soon.
But I am afraid its too late, he wont drop the bottle. :(

Like your new Avatar, PackerFan71 :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
How come nobody likes City ? :D
I read about Paul Gascoigne today, its a tragedy and I really hope he recovers soon.
But I am afraid its too late, he wont drop the bottle. :(

Like your new Avatar, PackerFan71 :tup:

Its fantastic they are even more disliked now than CFC, which is not a bad thing i've found. Because nobody likes New money clubs.
Gascoigne made a bad move and should have joined ManU instead of Spurs, Sir Alex would have kept him disciplined and away from bad influences. And he would have won a shed load of medals by now. Imagine him Cantona and Giggs who scored today aged 39! in the same team at their peak.:eek:
Thought you might! had one of him in an England shirt but had to change it.;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its fantastic they are even more disliked now than CFC, which is not a bad thing i've found. Because nobody likes New money clubs.
Gascoigne made a bad move and should have joined ManU instead of Spurs, Sir Alex would have kept him disciplined and away from bad influences. And he would have won a shed load of medals by now. Imagine him Cantona and Giggs who scored today aged 39! in the same team at their peak.:eek:
Thought you might! had one of him in an England shirt but had to change it.;)

Time flies...39, unbelieveable, and he plays for United since 1991, thats crazy. :eek:
No doubt he's a living legend. :tup:
And dont forget Paul Scholes, he is 38 and still plays for ManU as well.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big weekend at the foot of the EPL too. Southampton absolutely demolished Man City, played them off the park and were better than them in all areas of the pitch, really impressed me. Huge win for Villa, if they can make their home ground a fortress, they'll stay up (But i dont think they will).

My three to go down:
Reading, QPR and Villa.

To be replaced with:
Cardiff, Watford and Hull City.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Time flies...39, unbelieveable, and he plays for United since 1991, thats crazy. :eek:
No doubt he's a living legend. :tup:
And dont forget Paul Scholes, he is 38 and still plays for ManU as well.

Yep i remember he was a teenage pinup for the girlies, jees makes you feel so old.:laugh:
Do you get this show in Germany? goto 6:25 ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Big weekend at the foot of the EPL too. Southampton absolutely demolished Man City, played them off the park and were better than them in all areas of the pitch, really impressed me. Huge win for Villa, if they can make their home ground a fortress, they'll stay up (But i dont think they will).

My three to go down:
Reading, QPR and Villa.

To be replaced with:
Cardiff, Watford and Hull City.
You look at those five other teams and you have to ask yourself what are a club of Villa's size doing down amongst them?:confused: And also Leeds United and Wolves they are historical big clubs no way should they be in the championship.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You look at those five other teams and you have to ask yourself what are a club of Villa's size doing down amongst them?:confused: And also Leeds United and Wolves they are historical big clubs no way should they be in the championship.

Villa are down there due to poor investment, 4yrs ago they were up there contesting UEFA Cup spots, i believe they were also 3rd at Christmas one yr before dropping back into a UEFA Cup place at the end of the season. But they were up there because they had top players, Ashley Young, Gareth Barry, James Milner just to name three. Those players have been sold, and the money they generated hasnt been put back into the club, turning alot of fans against the once loved Randy Lerner.

Both us and Leeds are indeed 'big clubs', history-wise. We've been run terribly the past 12months, we've been a bit of a laughing stock, but hopefully we can begin to turn it round, performances have been better in recent weeks, we just need to get that win to start the ball rolling. As for Leeds, another huge club, sadly they're going nowhere under Neil Warnock, his tactics and way he sets up Leeds is starting to annoy many of their fans, his contract expires in the summer and i dont expect it to be renewed.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Villa are down there due to poor investment, 4yrs ago they were up there contesting UEFA Cup spots, i believe they were also 3rd at Christmas one yr before dropping back into a UEFA Cup place at the end of the season. But they were up there because they had top players, Ashley Young, Gareth Barry, James Milner just to name three. Those players have been sold, and the money they generated hasnt been put back into the club, turning alot of fans against the once loved Randy Lerner.

Both us and Leeds are indeed 'big clubs', history-wise. We've been run terribly the past 12months, we've been a bit of a laughing stock, but hopefully we can begin to turn it round, performances have been better in recent weeks, we just need to get that win to start the ball rolling. As for Leeds, another huge club, sadly they're going nowhere under Neil Warnock, his tactics and way he sets up Leeds is starting to annoy many of their fans, his contract expires in the summer and i dont expect it to be renewed.

Ahh right so Lerner has been asset stripping, that kind of explains why Martin of Neil left he was a perfect coach for them if the owner was a good one. Strange as i remember the positive vibes about Villa when he bought Deadly Doug out, all gone now.......

For me Warnock has to be one of the most annoying coaches anywhere, shame don't think he will do much with them apart from tread water. With a good owner and manager Leeds should be right up there. Missing McCarthy? shame what happened as i liked his honesty. He would have got Wolves back up i think, but that was never going to happen in reality sadly. Curbishley would have been a decent appointment by Wolves if they had been smart enough.
Warnock - ''I say old boy, i think rather that was conducive to an incorrect decision. What..........?''
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh right so Lerner has been asset stripping, that kind of explains why Martin of Neil left he was a perfect coach for them if the owner was a good one. Strange as i remember the positive vibes about Villa when he bought Deadly Doug out, all gone now.......

For me Warnock has to be one of the most annoying coaches anywhere, shame don't think he will do much with them apart from tread water. With a good owner and manager Leeds should be right up there. Missing McCarthy? shame what happened as i liked his honesty. He would have got Wolves back up i think, but that was never going to happen in reality sadly. Curbishley would have been a decent appointment by Wolves if they had been smart enough.

O'Neil, yes decent manager, but wasted alot of money along the way, thats why he and Lerner fell out. For every James Milner he bought, there was a Emile Heskey and a Habib Beye...

Wolves and McCarthy were a perfect fit when he joined nearly 7yrs ago, the job he did with us was phenominal, I have so much respect for the guy its unreal, love him to pieces. He joined us when Glenn Hoddle walked away and left us in the ****, when MM took over we had 11 senior players on our books, 3 of those were goalkeepers. He made us competitive, and 3yrs on he took us up as champions, kept us up for the next 2yrs afte3 that, but in his final yr you could just see he'd done everything he could. It just became abit stale (funnily enough, the name of the guy we replaced him with). I dont blame our club for sacking MM, but I hated the timing, and that we didnt replace him properly (we appointed his assistant until the end of the season, and Solbakken joined in the summer). As for Curbishley, I like him (Charlton Athletic are my 2nd English team, and he's a legend down there), but he wanted a ridiculous salary and he'd been out of the management game for too long for my liking.

Warnock, I wouldnt **** on that bloke if he was on fire. Full of excuses, still hate him for his days at Sheffield United, he still blames Carlos Tevez for them being relegated, which is utter ********. Want an insight into Warnocks dirty tactics? Google 'The battle of Brammel Lane', between Sheff Utd and West Brom... he's an horrible bastard.
Had a smug smile on my face after the 93rd min equaliser on Saturday, not just because it was against Dirty Leeds, but because it was against Colin ****** (Wolves fans' nickname for Warnock... its an anorgram of Neil Warnock, quite witty and suits him well, dont you think?)

Members online

Latest posts