EPL and British Football

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
I couldnt believe the 'kid' was actually 17, he was hardly touched, and shouldnt have sat on the ball in the first place. Hazard had a rush of blood, but he was simply trying to get on with the match. People keep going on about "Well, what if it was one of your children?" I'd be embarassed, that my lad had acted like such a **** in the first place. His job is simple, when the ball comes near you, you pass it back, doesnt get more simple than that.

I dont condone Hazard kicking him, but to say it came for almost no reason, is incorrect.

Anyway, Swans still deserved to go through over the two legs. Something sounds rather strange when you hear Bradford City v Swansea City in the cup final, but thats football for you.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Apparently the Ballboy is the 17 year old son* of Multi-millionaire Martin Morgan, a Swansea director who wrote on Twitter that he was 'needed for timewasting' allegedly.
Another classic from Joey Barton - ''Hazards only crime was he hasn't kicked him hard enough.'':rolleyes::laugh:
Back to football, agreed fair play to Swansea they deserved it.

I had left school and was working aged 17, i thought ball boys were like 9-13 year olds*:confused:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id never advocate violence Cantona was in the wrong, but in this case the alleged fan/thug got what he deserved no sympathy.
Wow a World first, not often i agree with Robbie Savage but hes spot on here SHOCK HORROR!:eek:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21186435
I completely agree with him as well, he hit the nail on the head.
Sounds like you dont like Robbie Savage, do you ? ;)
And I agree with you as well, of course there should be zero tolerance for violance but professional football players are humans like you and me who can overreact.
This one happened three years ago:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
First everybody was mad about Guerrero, one or two days later it came out that he was heavily insulted.
There is no excuse for this but its an explanation why he overreacted that way, especially after a frustrating game.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently the Ballboy is the 17 year old son* of Multi-millionaire Martin Morgan, a Swansea director who wrote on Twitter that he was 'needed for timewasting' allegedly.
Another classic from Joey Barton - ''Hazards only crime was he hasn't kicked him hard enough.'':rolleyes::laugh:

I had left school and was working aged 17 i thought ball boys were like 9-13 year olds*

It just keeps getting better :D

Edit 1: Wow, a new talented player hired by Chelsea ? :eek:;)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4759119/Brooklyn-Beckham-on-trial-for-Chealsea.html

Edit 2: Maybe interesting for you guys as well ?
http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/.../c0d0cc64dac5c310VgnVCM3000003456f70aRCRD.htm

O.K., the Wolves did not make the Top 20 (;) ) but Chelsea is No. 5 and Hamburg No.18. in Europe. I am wondering what happened to all our money in Hamburg ? We are No. 9 in the league and had a 5 m Euros deficit last season :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I completely agree with him as well, he hit the nail on the head.
Sounds like you dont like Robbie Savage, do you ? ;)
And I agree with you as well, of course there should be zero tolerance for violance but professional football players are humans like you and me who can overreact.
This one happened three years ago:
First everybody was mad about Guerrero, one or two days later it came out that he was heavily insulted.
There is no excuse for this but its an explanation why he overreacted that way, especially after a frustrating game.

Its not that i don't like him i've never met him, but he comes across as seriously annoying always. Under normal circumstances anything he says is usually really just silly nonsense, that's whats so surprising it's ''common sense'' usually an alien concept for Savage.:confused:

Cantona was verbally abused by that thug or ''Sledged'' as its called as was Zidane in the headbutt incident in the World Cup Final. They are only human as you said, Zidane was targeted by Matterazi because he knew Zizou had a snapping point where he will react. Gamesmanship of the lowest order. Wow pinpoint throw! i couldn't blame Guerrero for that reaction if he was getting serious aggro, its difficult to deal with in the heat of the moment. Players should get educated by their clubs to deal with the inevitable abuse. Bobby Charlton never showed any emotion if he got abuse, he said id never give them the pleasure.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
It just keeps getting better :D

Edit 1: Wow, a new talented player hired by Chelsea ? :eek:;)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4759119/Brooklyn-Beckham-on-trial-for-Chealsea.html

Edit 2: Maybe interesting for you guys as well ?
http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/.../c0d0cc64dac5c310VgnVCM3000003456f70aRCRD.htm

O.K., the Wolves did not make the Top 20 (;) ) but Chelsea is No. 5 and Hamburg No.18. in Europe. I am wondering what happened to all our money in Hamburg ? We are No. 9 in the league and had a 5 m Euros deficit last season :rolleyes:

Ha he better be decent, i would not want him just coz hes a Beckham. And as long as he does not sing like his mother.:) Didn't all HSV's money go on VdVaart's move? or a good chunk of it anyway. Chelsea at 5 not bad.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I had left school and was working aged 17, i thought ball boys were like 9-13 year olds*:confused:

So the Chelsea players are kicking around poor little neglected ball boys now? ;) :sarcasm:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
So the Chelsea players are kicking around poor little neglected ball boys now? ;) :sarcasm:

You honestly could not make this c**p up, yes indeed and that bastion of integrity the FA (sarcasm) has now put Hazard on a violent conduct charge. What a joke. Could have ended so much easier both said sorry end of story. But no Chelsea for me now have a case to charge Swansea with about deliberate time wasting the cause of the incident.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if you want my honest opinion, Hazard should be banned from playing ever again, and fed to poor people in South Wales. Chelsea should be kicked out of Stamford Bridge, relegated many times, and their next game should be away to Boreham Wood.

On a lighter note though, i wish my girlfriend would take not of these Swansea Ballboy's, i wish she'd go down that easily ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, if you want my honest opinion, Hazard should be banned from playing ever again, and fed to poor people in South Wales. Chelsea should be kicked out of Stamford Bridge, relegated many times, and their next game should be away to Boreham Wood.

On a lighter note though, i wish my girlfriend would take not of these Swansea Ballboy's, i wish she'd go down that easily ;)

Nice unbiased opinion there, do you work for the BBC?:roflmao: btw i agree on one of your points we do need a bigger Stadium.;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not that i don't like him i've never met him, but he comes across as seriously annoying always. Under normal circumstances anything he says is usually really just silly nonsense, that's whats so surprising it's ''common sense'' usually an alien concept for Savage.:confused:

Cantona was verbally abused by that thug or ''Sledged'' as its called as was Zidane in the headbutt incident in the World Cup Final. They are only human as you said, Zidane was targeted by Matterazi because he knew Zizou had a snapping point where he will react. Gamesmanship of the lowest order. Wow pinpoint throw! i couldn't blame Guerrero for that reaction if he was getting serious aggro, its difficult to deal with in the heat of the moment. Players should get educated by their clubs to deal with the inevitable abuse. Bobby Charlton never showed any emotion if he got abuse, he said id never give them the pleasure.

O.K., after having listened to this conversation I agree :eek:
But its somehow funny anyway, quite entertaining this guy ! :D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
O.K., after having listened to this conversation I agree :eek:
But its somehow funny anyway, quite entertaining this guy ! :D

He's like ''Marmite'' you love it or you don't. Entertaining mmmmm for me not even a little, annoying a whole lot! If i want to shout at the radio i put his show on.:)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That wasnt my honest opinion, funnily enough.

Became quite fond of Savage on 606 recently, also G.Neville is probably the best pundit on English tv, something i thought id never say.

Well to be honest i figured that.

Neville not so sure.....could not stand him as a player at Manu. I don't have SKY so cant judge him as a pundit. But his reaction here was hysterical.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GNev's really done himself good imo. Hated him as a player (as most people did outside of Old Trafford), but his punditry is top rate, non-bias, no holds barred. If you'd played ****, he told it that way, i like that.

FA Cup weekend this week, any upsets on the cards?
Luton (yes Luton, who knocked us out of the 3rd round) could stand a chance vs Norwich
Macclesfield could upset Wigan
Bolton, i fancy them to beat Everton too.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You honestly could not make this c**p up, yes indeed and that bastion of integrity the FA (sarcasm) has now put Hazard on a violent conduct charge. What a joke. Could have ended so much easier both said sorry end of story. But no Chelsea for me now have a case to charge Swansea with about deliberate time wasting the cause of the incident.

I liked the comment from one of the coaches (Harry Redknap) who said; "A lot of players would have kicked it a lot harder." He also called the kid an idiot. Personally, I've never seen anything like that kid laying on the ball in my life, not even in little tikes intramural ball.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly thought that the FA would use a little bit of common sense here, now they've said they're going to increase the ban, so its likely to be 5/6 games? Absolutely unreal.

Common sense should come into play here, the way i see it, if that had been on the field during the game, and the ball boy had been for example Leon Britton of Swansea, and he had been lying on the ball, Hazard kicks him and the ball. Who do you think would have got the free kick? It'd have been Chelsea, because Britton would have been obstructing play by sitting on the ball.

Red Card should have been rescinded, ball boy should have been told never to do the job again, everyone gets on with their lives.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's like ''Marmite'' you love it or you don't. Entertaining mmmmm for me not even a little, annoying a whole lot! If i want to shout at the radio i put his show on.:)
To be honest, I had to look up "Marmite", never heard of. :eek:
Next time when I will be in London I'll buy me one and bring it back home so that I can try it :D
Back on Robbie - I think I'm starting to like the show, found another nice one on the web :roflmao:
I dont know any former German football player who has a Radio or TV show, thats something we just dont have here.
But wait, we have Lothar Matthaus instead, he is in German media frequently beause of his uncountable 23 yo girlfriends :rolleyes::D
A few are working as football pundits as well: Mehmet Scholl, Gunter Netzer and "The Emperor" Franz Beckenbauer are the best ones imo.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
GNev's really done himself good imo. Hated him as a player (as most people did outside of Old Trafford), but his punditry is top rate, non-bias, no holds barred. If you'd played ****, he told it that way, i like that.

Luton (yes Luton, who knocked us out of the 3rd round) could stand a chance vs Norwich

How about Oldham ? Do they have a chance to upset the Reds ?
And the QPR play against Milton Keynes, or should I say FC Wimbledon ?! :rolleyes:
Havent heard of them for a long time.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Oldham ? Do they have a chance to upset the Reds ?
And the QPR play against Milton Keynes, or should I say FC Wimbledon ?! :rolleyes:
Havent heard of them for a long time.

*******, keep that to yourself, thats a touchy subject down those parts, two totally different teams nowadays (MK Dons & AFC Wimbledon). But yeah MK Dons hammered QPR 4-2 (were 4-0 up until late on) on their own patch. Won a little money on Luton aswell, really fancied them this morning.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
To be honest, I had to look up "Marmite", never heard of. :eek:
Next time when I will be in London I'll buy me one and bring it back home so that I can try it :D
Back on Robbie - I think I'm starting to like the show, found another nice one on the web :roflmao:
I dont know any former German football player who has a Radio or TV show, thats something we just dont have here.
But wait, we have Lothar Matthaus instead, he is in German media frequently beause of his uncountable 23 yo girlfriends :rolleyes::D
A few are working as football pundits as well: Mehmet Scholl, Gunter Netzer and "The Emperor" Franz Beckenbauer are the best ones imo.

If you ever get as far as Australia they have their own version called Vegemite, kinda the same thing re-branded.
They are a whole lot more tolerant of people like Savage in England than they are up here, here he would have to get a haircut and think before he spoke or face the consequences.:speechless: 606 is not really his show, he's just part of it.;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Watched a few you tubes of his Sky work tend to agree he at least engages his brain. Andy Gray was another over the top pundit. Glad he's no longer on TV, plus the fact for him England were We. Get a grip, Jiveturkeygobblegobblejiveturkeygobblegobblejiveturkeygobblegobblejiveturkeygobblegobble.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you ever get as far as Australia they have their own version called Vegemite, kinda the same thing re-branded.
They are a whole lot more tolerant of people like Savage in England than they are up here, here he would have to get a haircut and think before he spoke or face the consequences.:speechless: 606 is not really his show, he's just part of it.;)

Maybe thats why he never played for a Scottish team in the SPL :eek::D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts