EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well under normal circumstances yes thats a silly embarrasing result and i would be really annoyed, but i don't care to be honest (well i do actually but im not bothered by it) i've written the season off i expected Everton to win on Sunday i was suprised we got the win.:roflmao: I'm sick of Abramovich changing coaches and Benitez should not even be there. Its difficult to get any enthusiasm with that pair at the club.

Alba Gu Brath! you must have seen that somewhere?! Ok ill let you off with that Noel quote i quite like him, thank god you didn't choose his brother! ;)

Absolutely understandable for me, I would be sick of it as well. :rolleyes:
I dont expect Abramovic to leave or selling Chelsea (or are there any rumours ?) but if the results wont get better there is at least a good chance to get rid of Benitez at the end of the season. ;)
Hope Chelsea will finish in the top four to secure a Champions League place anyway.

Alba Gu Brath ? Somewhere in the Braveheart-movie ? Long live Scotland or something like that ? :confused:;)

I just read this quote of Noel this morning in our newspaper and thought thats a typical Gallagher, simply nuts :D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Absolutely understandable for me, I would be sick of it as well. :rolleyes:
I dont expect Abramovic to leave or selling Chelsea (or are there any rumours ?) but if the results wont get better there is at least a good chance to get rid of Benitez at the end of the season. ;)
Hope Chelsea will finish in the top four to secure a Champions League place anyway.

Alba Gu Brath ? Somewhere in the Braveheart-movie ? Long live Scotland or something like that ? :confused:;)

I just read this quote of Noel this morning in our newspaper and thought thats a typical Gallagher, simply nuts :D

Lots of tattoo type people have it on their arms ''Scotland Forever'' ive never seen the attraction of tattoos at all. Oh Braveheart if you like fiction its an ok movie but thats all it is.
No hes not going to sell any time soon as far as i know, the annoying thing is most of the fans are not thinking and just going along with all his egomania.
Noel at least knows when he's talking silly, unlike his brother.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...-city-010313?pk_campaign=facebook&pk_kwd=gesm

Balotelli and Mancini; which one of you guys said it was silly season?

Its that 24/7 in Balotelliland.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of tattoo type people have it on their arms ''Scotland Forever'' ive never seen the attraction of tattoos at all. Oh Braveheart if you like fiction its an ok movie but thats all it is.
No hes not going to sell any time soon as far as i know, the annoying thing is most of the fans are not thinking and just going along with all his egomania.
Noel at least knows when he's talking silly, unlike his brother.

Its that 24/7 in Balotelliland.

Yeah I know but its a great movie ! Loved Mel Gibson before he went crazy.

Although he is not the sharpest tool in the box he should know that slapping the coach is not a good idea :D
I expect Balotelli to be fired by City or at least to be benched until the season is over.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah I know but its a great movie ! Loved Mel Gibson before he went crazy.

Although he is not the sharpest tool in the box he should know that slapping the coach is not a good idea :D
I expect Balotelli to be fired by City or at least to be benched until the season is over.

Mel was the dude back in the day, shame the way things have gone for him. Have you seen his version of Hamlet? i was shocked its pretty good.

Hes an absolute clown, in need of mental health care.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Mel was the dude back in the day, shame the way things have gone for him. Have you seen his version of Hamlet? i was shocked its pretty good.

I think Mel Gibson seems to be a man of extremes. He perhaps has a legitimate split personality brought on by his Hollywood life or alcohol...

Demba Ba to Chelsea? What do you think

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Another thing I don't get...racism in EPL and Europe? I was in a meeting once where Os Guinness said that here in the States we would always deal with the stigma of racism while in England they would always deal with the stigma of class disparity. But I'm learning there is apparently a good bit of racism over there. We are making strides in America, but still have a ways to go. I think sports are contributing to the advances.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, havent seen him playing Hamlet - I will get me a copy of the movie, sounds very interesting.
Also loved the Lethal Weapon Series.

Croak, I dont think we do have open racism here in our stadiums. I can only speak for Germany but I am sure its not totally different in UK and most other European countries. (....maybe Italy)
What we do have is a very small minority of idiots who caused a very few incidents over the last years, especially in the eastern part of Germany.
In the 80's I experienced much more racism in stadiums, I still can recall all the monkey noises when a black player got the ball. You dont hear this bulls** anymore.
But class disparity will become a bigger problem in Europe because of all the economic problems and the shrinking Middle Class, no matter what race you are.
Btw - we dont use the word race ("Rasse") in Germany, I guess you know why.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
No, havent seen him playing Hamlet - I will get me a copy of the movie, sounds very interesting.
Also loved the Lethal Weapon Series.

Croak, I dont think we do have open racism here in our stadiums. I can only speak for Germany but I am sure its not totally different in UK and most other European countries. (....maybe Italy)
What we do have is a very small minority of idiots who caused a very few incidents over the last years, especially in the eastern part of Germany.
In the 80's I experienced much more racism in stadiums, I still can recall all the monkey noises when a black player got the ball. You dont hear this bulls** anymore.
But class disparity will become a bigger problem in Europe because of all the economic problems and the shrinking Middle Class, no matter what race you are.
Btw - we dont use the word race ("Rasse") in Germany, I guess you know why.

It was very different from much of his other movies, with a top line cast worth a view deffo.:tup:

Ba? who knows how that will go, it feels its a bit of a panic buy but hey he can't be any worse than Torres or can he........

Human nature is human nature, good and bad everywhere we are all pretty much the same the world over. I think there will always be racism and disparity no matter which country your in. In the UK class is an issue no question its been there for centuries its more prominent i would say in other parts of the country and society than where i live. Racism in football as nessie said was much worse also here in the 70s and 80s because there was a lack of black players, and the fans were less educated back then also so when black players started coming through they did get alot of abuse sadly. But things have thankfully moved on now and the vast majority of fans dont behave like that anymore apart from a tiny moronic minority. I cant really talk about the USAs issues as such as ive never been there but im sure its no different than anywhere else.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It was very different from much of his other movies, with a top line cast worth a view deffo.:tup:

Ba? who knows how that will go, it feels its a bit of a panic buy but hey he can't be any worse than Torres or can he........

Human nature is human nature, good and bad everywhere we are all pretty much the same the world over. I think there will always be racism and disparity no matter which country your in. In the UK class is an issue no question its been there for centuries its more prominent i would say in other parts of the country and society than where i live. Racism in football as nessie said was much worse also here in the 70s and 80s because there was a lack of black players, and the fans were less educated back then also so when black players started coming through they did get alot of abuse sadly. But things have thankfully moved on now and the vast majority of fans dont behave like that anymore apart from a tiny moronic minority. I cant really talk about the USAs issues as such as ive never been there but im sure its no different than anywhere else.

Class hasn't been much of a struggle in the U.S. but racism still exists strongly although we are making strides. For instance, when I went to the prom in 75, all the whites arrived early and all those of other ethnicity came late together. A fight almost broke out over the epithets hurled. Now all the kids pretty much arrive at the same time. Dave Robinson's book even tells how Vince Lombardi and tbe Pack were leaders against racism in the 60's.

I was only watching the news today and saw how the EPL was having those issues. But if it's a few crazies, I can see how the media blows it out of proportion

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Class hasn't been much of a struggle in the U.S. but racism still exists strongly although we are making strides. For instance, when I went to the prom in 75, all the whites arrived early and all those of other ethnicity came late together. A fight almost broke out over the epithets hurled. Now all the kids pretty much arrive at the same time. Dave Robinson's book even tells how Vince Lombardi and tbe Pack were leaders against racism in the 60's.

I was only watching the news today and saw how the EPL was having those issues. But if it's a few crazies, I can see how the media blows it out of proportion

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The class issue is i think a British thing, but its only an issue for a tiny irrelevant part of society here but non the less it still exists. The media does sensationalize the Hooligan racism issue way bigger than it actually is.
The Football race issue in Northern Europe is nowhere near as bad as it is in the Southern European countries there in certain areas it is still pretty bad. However in parts of Eastern Europe its at a whole different level and very nasty, one of the supporters organizations of a Russian team recently declared that their club should be for whites only.
http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/...ssian-teams-fans-call-for-whites-only-policy/

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The class issue is i think a British thing, but its only an issue for a tiny irrelevant part of society here but non the less it still exists. The media does sensationalize the Hooligan racism issue way bigger than it actually is.
The Football race issue in Northern Europe is nowhere near as bad as it is in the Southern European countries there in certain areas it is still pretty bad. However in parts of Eastern Europe its at a whole different level and very nasty, one of the supporters organizations of a Russian team recently declared that their club should be for whites only.
http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/...ssian-teams-fans-call-for-whites-only-policy/

Oh, yes - I remember, we could read about Zenith in our newspapers as well.
Simply disgusting :mad:
And beside of the Roman Salute of Paolo Di Canio one of the worst things I can remember.
But as you wrote media is responsible for making it bigger than it is.
Just read an article where they try to show that more and more fan groups, especially ultra organisations, are infiltrated by Neo-nazis.
Well, I havent seen or noticed Neo-nazis or Racism in our stadiums, especially Hamburg, for a long time but of course we should be cautious.

PackerFan71, do you know "Suggs" McPherson ? Just read an interview with him, huge Chelsea fan and quite close with some "Chelsea Headhunters" members... :eek:;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh, yes - I remember, we could read about Zenith in our newspapers as well.
Simply disgusting :mad:
And beside of the Roman Salute of Paolo Di Canio one of the worst things I can remember.
But as you wrote media is responsible for making it bigger than it is.
Just read an article where they try to show that more and more fan groups, especially ultra organisations, are infiltrated by Neo-nazis.
Well, I havent seen or noticed Neo-nazis or Racism in our stadiums, especially Hamburg, for a long time but of course we should be cautious.

PackerFan71, do you know "Suggs" McPherson ? Just read an interview with him, huge Chelsea fan and quite close with some "Chelsea Headhunters" members... :eek:;)

Di Canio was a good player but he is of his trolley, he apparently justified his Roman salute by saying it was a cultural thing. Who is he trying to kid? we all know what that really means. Lazio Ultras?! are some of the worst extremists anywhere.

I like Sugg's he does not come across as the type of person that would hang around those sick fools, there you go what do i know? The Headhunters were just far right criminal brutal thugs attaching themselves to a football club, they were more at home in a zoo enclosure. Most of these extreme groups have now been pushed to the margins in the UK, or prison as its more commonly known.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Di Canio was a good player but he is of his trolley, he apparently justified his Roman salute by saying it was a cultural thing. Who is he trying to kid? we all know what that really means. Lazio Ultras?! are some of the worst extremists anywhere.

I like Sugg's he does not come across as the type of person that would hang around those sick fools, there you go what do i know? The Headhunters were just far right criminal brutal thugs attaching themselves to a football club, they were more at home in a zoo enclosure. Most of these extreme groups have now been pushed to the margins in the UK, or prison as its more commonly known.

Cultural thing ? :eek: He is an idiot ! But indeed Lazio Ultras are the dregs of italian football fans.
Sorry, I cant find other words for them, they are simply disgusting.

Asked who impressed him most he talks about an one armed man named "Babs". Never heard of. :confused:
Anyway - he is of the opinion that hunting opponents fans was part of the British youth culture those days.
He also says that he doesnt regret the brawls he participated, they were "awesome". :rolleyes:
Interesting interview, strange opinions.......;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Cultural thing ? :eek: He is an idiot ! But indeed Lazio Ultras are the dregs of italian football fans.
Sorry, I cant find other words for them, they are simply disgusting.

Asked who impressed him most he talks about an one armed man named "Babs". Never heard of. :confused:
Anyway - he is of the opinion that hunting opponents fans was part of the British youth culture those days.
He also says that he doesnt regret the brawls he participated, they were "awesome". :rolleyes:
Interesting interview, strange opinions.......;)

Yeah that pretty much sounds like them, back then it was a different world here the thugs called themselves ICF's Inter City Firms. They used the rail network to travel around fighting other clubs Firms (groups of thugs) as i said nothing to do with the game just sick young idiots.

There is a documentary on you tube called ''MacIntyre Undercover - Chelsea Headhunters'' about a Journalist who posed as a thug and got in their gang. its from a good few years back but its very interesting.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that pretty much sounds like them, back then it was a different world here the thugs called themselves ICF's Inter City Firms. They used the rail network to travel around fighting other clubs Firms (groups of thugs) as i said nothing to do with the game just sick young idiots.

There is a documentary on you tube called ''MacIntyre Undercover - Chelsea Headhunters'' about a Journalist who posed as a thug and got in their gang. its from a good few years back but its very interesting.

ICF ? I always wanted to read Cass Pennants "Congratulations, you have just met the ICF" but havent bought it yet.
Did you read it ? Is it worth reading ?
And thanks for your tip - I will watch it, sounds very interesting. :tup:
Btw - Did you see "The Football Factory" ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
ICF ? I always wanted to read Cass Pennants "Congratulations, you have just met the ICF" but havent bought it yet.
Did you read it ? Is it worth reading ?
And thanks for your tip - I will watch it, sounds very interesting. :tup:
Btw - Did you see "The Football Factory" ?

I don't know of that book, i find watching documentaries on these people interesting on an academic level. But i would not give them any of my money to be honest, its just a personal thing. Give it a go yourself if you think its worth a read, it could well be. No i haven't seen that movie yet but ill look out for it now.:tup: Have a look for one other You tube called ''The Real Football Factory episode 3'' if you have the time, its got the actor from the movie in it it's a real eyeopener. :eek:

This comes as no surprise.:rolleyes:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20938573

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
After a very busy week its time to relax and watch football. ;)
HSV plays Austria Vienna at the moment and Sky shows Chelsea against Stoke.
Nice to see that Robert Huth is still doing a good job.
Always liked him though he is quite limited. Stoke is the better team so far....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know of that book, i find watching documentaries on these people interesting on an academic level. But i would not give them any of my money to be honest, its just a personal thing. Give it a go yourself if you think its worth a read, it could well be. No i haven't seen that movie yet but ill look out for it now.:tup: Have a look for one other You tube called ''The Real Football Factory episode 3'' if you have the time, its got the actor from the movie in it it's a real eyeopener. :eek:

This comes as no surprise.:rolleyes:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20938573

Just watched it - shocking :eek:
Thanks again for this tip, PackerFan71.:tup:

Update: Hamburg leads 2-0 at the moment, Chelsea 1-0, own goal Stoke :eek:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just watched it - shocking :eek:
Thanks again for this tip, PackerFan71.:tup:

Update: Hamburg leads 2-0 at the moment, Chelsea 1-0, own goal Stoke :eek:

No problems interesting viewing if nothing else, but having just watched the Argentina episode i've come to the conclusion the South American hooligans are the worst of the worst its an utter 1970s time warp there.:eek:

Huth was at the Bridge for a time, he was very big and strong but as you said limited in other areas. But what the hey i quite liked him he was only a Defender.

Some Chelsea fans are considering a Boycott of games until Benitez is sacked, as much as i dislike him i am not for this. Its a very short sighted viewpoint. The club and the team is bigger than any individual, if anything its the owners silly decisions that is the real issue.:rolleyes:

Is that a friendly against Vienna? im guessing yes, when does the League kick off again?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problems interesting viewing if nothing else, but having just watched the Argentina episode i've come to the conclusion the South American hooligans are the worst of the worst its an utter 1970s time warp there.:eek:

Huth was at the Bridge for a time, he was very big and strong but as you said limited in other areas. But what the hey i quite liked him he was only a Defender.

Some Chelsea fans are considering a Boycott of games until Benitez is sacked, as much as i dislike him i am not for this. Its a very short sighted viewpoint. The club and the team is bigger than any individual, if anything its the owners silly decisions that is the real issue.:rolleyes:

Is that a friendly against Vienna? im guessing yes, when does the League kick off again?

One or two years ago I watched a documentary about the "Superclasico" Boca Juniors against River Plate, well this is war ! :eek::rolleyes:

Boycotts never help and Abramovich wont change so Chelsea should get rid of him first instead sacking one or two managers per year.
But I dont have any idea what Abramovic could force to leave and sell Chelsea.
Anyway - Chelsea won 4-0 with two own goals by Stoke :eek::D

Yes, was a friendly, Bundesliga kicks off next week, HSV plays in Nuremberg on Saturday.

So what are you doing tonight, PackerFan71 when the Packers are playing. ?
Staying awake, do you have a possibility do watch it on TV ? Or do you go to sleep and watch the highlights tomorrow morning ?
I cant stay awake until 2.00 a.m. so I will try to take a short nap before the game. :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
One or two years ago I watched a documentary about the "Superclasico" Boca Juniors against River Plate, well this is war ! :eek::rolleyes:

Boycotts never help and Abramovich wont change so Chelsea should get rid of him first instead sacking one or two managers per year.
But I dont have any idea what Abramovic could force to leave and sell Chelsea.
Anyway - Chelsea won 4-0 with two own goals by Stoke :eek::D

Yes, was a friendly, Bundesliga kicks off next week, HSV plays in Nuremberg on Saturday.

So what are you doing tonight, PackerFan71 when the Packers are playing. ?
Staying awake, do you have a possibility do watch it on TV ? Or do you go to sleep and watch the highlights tomorrow morning ?
I cant stay awake until 2.00 a.m. so I will try to take a short nap before the game. :rolleyes:

Abramovich will only leave if he becomes bored or the fan base turns on him, (possible if he keeps sacking coaches every six months) Not bad 4-0 v Stoke ill take that even if two were Og's who cares as long as the ball crosses the line.:)

Ill be online for the duration of the 49ers v Packers game and looking at the Pack webby for updates i never bother with sleep for important games its Sunday all day tomorrow so ill catch up then on sleep if needed.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ho hum at least now there is the Champions League..........oh hang on umm Australian open Wimbledon? in all seriousness it sucks but ill give the winners a bit of credit they were better on the day. I'm off to the land of Nod.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was at my Brother-in-law's 50th birthday party last night. They had the Ravens game on there. That thing lasted over 4 hours of viewing time. I turned to one of my BIL's and said; you can pick on my sport (footy) but at least a 90 minute game is usually a 90 minute game. At which point they all launched into how much they hated soccer and how boring it was. I said; If you want boring, take a 60 minute game and make it last 4 hours. That's boring!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I was at my Brother-in-law's 50th birthday party last night. They had the Ravens game on there. That thing lasted over 4 hours of viewing time. I turned to one of my BIL's and said; you can pick on my sport (footy) but at least a 90 minute game is usually a 90 minute game. At which point they all launched into how much they hated soccer and how boring it was. I said; If you want boring, take a 60 minute game and make it last 4 hours. That's boring!

I wonder how long an average NFL game is in actual on field playing time only, -all the stupid commercials and over analysis and suchlike. In Footy some of the most amazing games have been 0-0 draws superb play but no goals and full of action these games fly by in what seems like 10 mins. Its cultural it must be, i must admit having watched a few NFL games down the years i wish at times i had a real time FF button on the remote.

Members online

Latest posts