Eli Plainly is Elite, Wouldn't You Say?

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli Manning was miserable this year. He played worse than any other QB in NFL. He didn't play that great in 2012 either. Hopefully he turns it around next season. Wheter he does or doesn't, I dont consider him ELIte because to me ELIte is the 2-3 QBs in NFL. I do consider Peyton ELIte but in a playoff game I would take Eli over him any day because Peyton Manning chokes in playoffs.

I think the whole ELIte thing gets blown out of proportion and is actually thrown around a bit because of the letters in his name E L I. I am a NY Giants fan and I don't consider Eli Manning an overall ELIte QB. In my opinion, ELIte would be the very best. It would be the top 2-3 that CONSISTENTLY performs at the top level year in, year out. Eli Manning doesn't do that. There are 32 teams in NFL so there are 32 starting QBs and I would think that ELIte would only be 2-3 of them. I would say that the ELIte QBs in NFL right now are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers. Those three guys perform at the top level year in and year out.

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The issue is that it seems to always be soemone elses reason when Eli struggles and it gets annoying. Hakeem Nicks seems to be the one that is bein g"scapegoated" as well as the offensive line. Yes, Hakeem Nicks had na off year for him but he still had 896 yards and averaged 16 yards per catch. H ehad those averages with a QB that playing worse than anyone else in NFL in 2013 that was throwing him the ball. The article states that Eli Manning lost some "trust" in the recievers and that is where the blame is but if you all recall, Eli Manning's very first pass of the year was an INT that was meant for a 5 yard and there was no pressure on him at all. He also threw a head scratching INT on the next series with no pressure on him. Perhaps some of the WRs lost some "trust" in Eli Manning. If some of the recievers aren't on the same page then it is the QB's job as the leader of the offense to straighten that out. The Oline struggled but then again so do other teams and the QB doesn't collapse. Heck, Tom Brady was sacked 40 times in 2013, A-rod played with an awful Oline as did Ben Rapistfatburger. Those guys didn't collapse.

It seemed to me that in 2013, Eli Manning just wasn't focused, didn't play with confidence and made bad decisions and that is the main reason we had a losing season. Heck, our running game got it together, our defense had a good year but the QB position is what hurt us the most. I am very excited that Ben McAdoo is now our OC and I think he will coach Eli Manning hard and expect a bit from him. I am hopeing that Ben McAdoo can do for Eli in 2014 what Frank ***** did for Phillip Rivers in 2013.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts