EDS signs with Bucs

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Jz3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish we drafted Travis Fredrick last year instead of Jones. I didn't like EDS so no big deal to me.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very disappointing.
I thought Ted was all about signing his own?
Rodgers about to have his 3rd different center in 3 years. Not good.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I originally wasn't an EDS fan but once he became proficient at making the line calls he got better. He was pretty good last year and showed something only a few other guys on this team showed.....the ability to return from injury without missing any time.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not happy with this, but mainly because we don't know anything about Tretter. The team obviously saw more of Tretter during his practices at the end of the season, and their praise was high, but essentially a rookie center is not ideal.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Deal is for four years and $14.25 million.

I don't think that EDS is a great center by any means, but as far as I know there aren't any surefire starters in the draft and I don't feel comfortable going into the season with a guy who hasn't played a single snap in the league.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deal is for four years and $14.25 million.

I don't think that EDS is a great center by any means, but as far as I know there aren't any surefire starters in the draft and I don't feel comfortable going into the season with a guy who hasn't played a single snap in the league.

Man at that deal I would have liked to have him back. This one is a mistake by Ted IMO

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't get why Ted doesn't value continuity with the guy who makes the line calls and snaps the ball to the franchise.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or they have been watching someone else and feel confident in him.

Every year people freak. Every year it's an overreaction.

I'm not going to freak out but I do think it was a mistake. Life will go on but at that kind of $ I think he should have been brought back.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to freak out but I do think it was a mistake. Life will go on but at that kind of $ I think he should have been brought back.
Again it's easily replaceable. They clearly made little to no effort to resign him. I'm going to trust it's not an issue.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so this is one I don't get. This line wasn't amazing to begin with, but they were starting to gel. Now taking away a guy that Aaron trusted to be our future center doesn't add up. Aaron needs protection and we don't seem that serious about it. I'll trust we'll find a solution, but this has me a little worried.

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought EDS played solid, $3.5 avg. isn't much so it could become one big mistake.

What do we do now? The coaches seemed pretty high on Tretter last year, but haven't played a snap yet, and we probably aren't gonna find a good FA center, so should we just go with Tretter?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so this is one I don't get. This line wasn't amazing to begin with, but they were starting to gel. Now taking away a guy that Aaron trusted to be our future center doesn't add up. Aaron needs protection and we don't seem that serious about it. I'll trust we'll find a solution, but this has me a little worried.

I'd definitely be more worried about Bahktiari and Bulaga staying healthy then I would be about EDS when it comes to protecting Aaron.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought EDS played solid, $3.5 avg. isn't much so it could become one big mistake.

What do we do now? The coaches seemed pretty high on Tretter last year, but haven't played a snap yet, and we probably aren't gonna find a good FA center, so should we just go with Tretter?

We won't go into Training Camp with only Tretter at the center position that I can guarantee you

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't go into Training Camp with only Tretter at the center position that I can guarantee you
I wouldn't be shocked to see Lang at C and Tretter at the guard.....with another tweener o-lineman draft pick in camp as well.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not happy with this, but mainly because we don't know anything about Tretter. The team obviously saw more of Tretter during his practices at the end of the season, and their praise was high, but essentially a rookie center is not ideal.
TT still has Saturday's phone number. What's the big deal?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Again it's easily replaceable. They clearly made little to no effort to resign him. I'm going to trust it's not an issue.

EDS was pretty solid in pass blocking and I don't think a center is as easy to replace if you want to make it.

It shouldn't come as a surprise though that you come up with that as there's absolutely nothing TT can do wrong in your opinion.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked to see Lang at C and Tretter at the guard.....with another tweener o-lineman draft pick in camp as well.
Sherrod practiced at guard his rookie camp which put him out of the running for tackle for the season. I don't recall how he did but that may still be an option if they give Lang a shot at center.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherrod practiced at guard his rookie camp which put him out of the running for tackle for the season. I don't recall how he did but that may still be an option if they give Lang a shot at center.

If I remember right he was downright awful

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EDS was pretty solid in pass blocking and I don't think a center is as easy to replace if you want to make it.

It shouldn't come as a surprise though that you come up with that as there's absolutely nothing TT can do wrong in your opinion.

Hahahaha I saw you crying about someone assuming about you the past couple days in a post, getting all upset. Yet you do it now.

I get you're new here but there was a time where I had to fend off a poster who thought I was racist for my dislike of hawk. I thought Crosby should have been ran off years ago. I'm sure I could attack more individual issues.

Sorry, I don't partake in the sky is falling in the offseason often.

Members online

Latest posts