Early playoff predictions...

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take on the playoffs:

First, a VERY encouraging sign was the play of the Packers OL. If they can protect Rodgers like that then I favor GB to beat anyone. Look at what Rodgers did when he had some pass protection....and he did it in only 3 quarters of play! Can you imagine if he had played the whole game and kept throwing? He could have had 6 or 7 TDs and 350-400 yards!

NO and SF are both legit contenders for the NFC crown along with the Packers. I also think that the Lions are a dangerous team and could do some damage in the playoffs.

Also, I still have the hope that the defense will improve. Getting Pickett back will help a lot. D. Bishop came back and played well. If we could just get someone to replace Walden who is just useless out there....

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL Commenters are right. If the Packers play a perfect game - OL stands tall, WR minimize drops, Rodgers accurate on pretty much every throw, defense gets some pressure, secondary isn't confused on who covers who, no one can beat us with the talent we have. Sadly, that's probably a lot to ask for. 49ers scare me. Our run defense has been pathetic. No name RB average 5 yards or so a carry. Hopefully Pickett back will be a big help. Technically Saints offense is good, but Drew Brees has never played a playoff game in 20 degree weather before. Big question mark right there. That Lions DL, all it takes it one hit for Rodgers to be off his game. Plus it's not like they're a very clean team this year....

Lions got plenty of hit on rodgers during the turkey day game and he seemed fine to me...

BOB KAMINSKI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Packers go all the way. But if they meet the Giants, REMEMBER the four defensive linemen,two power running backs and Eli their QB. He was tough the last time he came to Green Bay for the NFC Championship Game and the cold didn't bother him one bit. The Giants could be the Packers toughest bid to get to play in "SUPER BOWL XLVI. The Packers have to be good and lucky if they want to win the NFC Championship Game. Why do I say this? Because it's like Coach Vince Lombardi said, "You have to be good to win a Super Bowl, but you also have to be lucky". I was at the "Ice Bowl Game" Dec.31-1967. Stop by Lombardi's niche at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton,OH. and see the "PLAYER BENCH" I took from Lambeau Field as I left the "Ice Bowl Game". I'm lucky to be a Packer Fan and a great "Vince Lombardi Fan".
Bob "Ice Bowl" Kaminski
[email protected]

PS: "REMEMBER THE GIANTS WOOD ALSO HAVE TO BE LUCKY TO GET TO PLAY IN SUPER BOWL XLVI".

"GO PACK GO"

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You know I said several times earlier this year to people I knew that it seemed inevitable that the Aaron Rodgers vs. Alex Smith playoff game happens.

I am very torn. Packers still have to take care of business themselves in round 1. But, Saints winning in SF is not a slam dunk to me either. I am starting to get a feeling on the Niners again lately.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners are a 1 and done 2nd seed. NO is going to take care of business in the divisional round. Im hoping Dallas wraps up the NFC east because by the look of it, you guys are handing us a win this week.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Niners are a 1 and done 2nd seed. NO is going to take care of business in the divisional round.

This is precisely why I am starting to get more positive vibes on the Niners as the year goes on. For those who remember I have been a sort of 49er believer since I started to post here regularly. I had them giving Detroit their first loss too.I am still a big believer in Jim Harbaugh and his boys.

I love the Niners as underdogs, at least maybe for ONE playoff game.

Would I put money down on a Saints/Niners game? Likely no. Not at all...you never know if the game has to be won by Alex Smith and he screws up. I can see it go either way but this Niners staunch defense and ability to control the clock with the run game and short/quick passes can't be overlooked. The Niners have the one true elite D in the NFC and how can I count this out? The Saints no matter how good they look in the dome will NOT have it as easy in SF. You take NO out of their fish bowl and it gets tougher. And if NO does win this game they would have to win 3 games to get to the SB with 2 on the road with a lot of traveling assuming GB takes care of business in the first game.

If the Niners come to Green Bay I think that would excite me even more then a potential Brees vs. Rodgers shoot out. I would love to see Aaron battle it out vs. the team who did not take him in the draft.

I would love to see the line for a Saints at Niners game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Niners are a 1 and done 2nd seed. NO is going to take care of business in the divisional round. Im hoping Dallas wraps up the NFC east because by the look of it, you guys are handing us a win this week.

Another potentially interesting game. Let's be honest. If not for a Romo meltdown you guys lose this game. I watched it live. The Cowboys were up and up big and doing everything with ease at home before the epic choke job. What makes you think they will repeat this again? And it's not like Detroit is heavy in playoff experience either.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I still believe SF will be one and done.

Just look at their offense. Drive down the field on runs, and kick a FG. They kicked 5 field goals and got only 1 TD last week. They are not that impressive of an offense. They are more like the Poor man's 2001 Tampa bay buccaneers. I remember watching Tampa bay, and they did the same thing; drive down the field and kick a field goal for most the game. But when playoffs come, I don't think SF will really be able to handle it.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are my predictions of the NFC.

Wild Card:
DET wins @ DAL
ATL loses @ NO

Divisional:
DET loses @ GB
NO wins @ SF

NFCCG : NO wins @ GB

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I might have to be different this postseason and call a Niners at Packers title game LOL. Just can't count out SF. Can't. We'll see how I feel in a week or two.

But, I can't count out these guys....they give me those scrappy underdog vibes for a team who will finish 13-3. Can you imagine being so under looked and finishing second in the better conference? I know Jim Harbaugh. He will thrive on the disrespect and his team will feed off it.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another potentially interesting game. Let's be honest. If not for a Romo meltdown you guys lose this game. I watched it live. The Cowboys were up and up big and doing everything with ease at home before the epic choke job. What makes you think they will repeat this again? And it's not like Detroit is heavy in playoff experience either.

Your right, but id rather play them twice than play NYG in the cold for the first time. We have a blueprint on how we lost that game (Because we essentially lost that game) and we can use that blueprint to fix our mistakes the second time around.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That's why I say there are no truly elite teams in the NFL this year. Every single team is vulnerable in one way or another. That's how the Chiefs beat the Packers, the Cardinals beat the 49ers, and the Rams beat the Saints.

The playoffs will be impossible to predict.
GO NINERS! GO PACKERS!
No they aren't, they are quite easy to predict. Um, Lions versus Broncos for the SB. See real easy. Most likely wrong, but easy to do. Getting a read on who will win, now THAT my friend is the the challenge.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
For the golden boy Saints to truly pull off the SB I think their best bet is to hope and pray that someone knocks off GB in the divisional round. If NO can win in SF and then GB gets knocked off they can pull off a 2006 Colts and host the AFC title game as the third seed. As soon as NE knocked off first seed SD that year I felt it was destiny for the Colts finally. Host the big one AND get by your biggest rival in NE.

Easier said then done though since I don't think GB will be done in the first round. I might be a homer but I would be suprised. I don't care if the Lions or Eli or anyone waltzes in. The Packers have to host a title game. The road to the big one must go through them IMO.

I see NE being more likely to get knocked off early then GB even though the NFC has tougher competition. In the AFC though there will be some better D's capable of limiting the Pats offense enough possibly. In the NFC I just think SF is the one true consistently elite D this year.

I also don't see all the elite defensive teams being thrown out as early as people think either. I am always scared of a team like the Steelers. I am iffy over SF too. On the plus side if SF beats NO then it will show the Packers a better idea of how to attack the Niners defense ahead of time too.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No they aren't, they are quite easy to predict. Um, Lions versus Broncos for the SB. See real easy. Most likely wrong, but easy to do. Getting a read on who will win, now THAT my friend is the the challenge.

Angelic Tebow vs Satanic Suh in the SB? Every writers wet dream.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
ATL knocking out NO would be awesome.

Now wouldn't that be a riot. I mean truly, lmao. Like Atlanta plays the game of thier lives or something kinda like last years Seahawks or Jets.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was 18/1 in July for detroit.

I heard theres a line every year in Vegas for the Lions facing the Browns in the SB and 1000 dollars makes you a million. Could be a rumor....

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
My early season SB prediction (like after the first week of the season lol) was Packers vs. Ravens. I still think it is possible IF Baltimore wins this weekend vs. Cincy. Baltimore could use the bye week. Guys like Boldin need to get healthy and I think they have an o lineman out. Flacco could use a brain transplant and Ray Lewis is 47 so he needs the rest.

lol I am still torn on Ravens at Bengals. I wonder if the Ravens will blow another road game but the Bengals are a division rival so it's not quite a trap game to me at all. And on the flip side the Bengals really don't beat winning teams, can't even get the fans to the games and are very young.

And if somehow Denver blows it and Oakland gets in then a Steelers vs. Palmer WC game a la 2005 would be ironic......

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners released Braylon Edwards today so they're shopping for a wide receiver. Harbaugh says they may go outside the organization to find someone. Lotsa fan talk about TO. I dunno. Gotta wonder if he's truly healthy and mature enough not to shoot his mouth off and destroy the locker room chemistry. There's not much to choose from out there.

The Saints really concern me against the Niners. Indoors out outdoors, they're gonna be TOUGH. Their offense just has too many weapons. On the ground or in the air they get it done. Even if the D plays their best game, the Niners just don't score enough points. It'd be a miracle if they pull it off.

I think I'll have some apple pie for breakfast. :) Mmmmm... apple pie!

Members online

Latest posts