Eagles @ Packers

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the post EaglesGuy. I used to live north of Trenton NJ back when Randall Cunningham was da man!

I think the Eagles' game plan is clear, key on Lacy and the running game and force Wallace to beat them through the air. It's the Eagles' offense vs. the Packer defense that will be the most intriguing matchup. Packers' run D has been very good this year. Can they contain LeSean McCoy? How much impact will a club-handed Clay Matthews bring to the Packers' D? Will TJ Lang play at RG? If so, that will help the Packers a lot since Don Barclay can return to RT and they won't have to rely on Marshall "Turnstyle" Newhouse.

It's reasonable to assume that Wallace will play better this week. If he doesn't then the rest won't matter. Assuming he does, this game to me is 50/50.

How the D will respond to the hurry-up offense of the Eagles is also pretty much an I-don't-know.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who lives up there, what is the weather gonna be like for the game tomorrow?

We've made Josh McClown look good. We made Colin Kapernick look like 1984 Dan Marino with his arm.
We've even made Ponder look good at times.

I don't know what we're going to make Foles look like. I think most of it depends on the pass rush. If that's getting after him, he could make a lot of mistakes.... but our DBs have only had TWO interceptions all year I believe. That's atrociously atrocious.

LeSean McCoy is great..... what Forte did to us, he's capable of more if we focus too much on the passing game. He's a great receiver outta the backfield too.

And some of you know of my man-crush on Jerry Hughes (who has looked good in Buffalo this year).
I had one on Shea McClellin coming out of Boise last draft, and thought like many did, that we'd be drafting him. Look what havoc that *#*@# has caused us now.
I also have had a man-crush on Brandon Graham of the Eagles. I haven't watched closely this year to see how he's done, but I know McClellin had been silent, Bear fans were ripping him. PRIOR to what he did last week versus us.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time the Packers faced the Eagles it was a do-or-die situation. Playoffs.
Packers won and moved on to win SB Roman Numerals I can't read.
This isn't quite the same but I feel like I'm anticipating it almost at the level of a playoff.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
"Good" news: Caesars-Hilton and MGM-Mirage now have the Eagles as 1 point favorites. If they weren't before, now the Packers are officially underdogs.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this will be unpopular, but might be time to shut it down. Shut down Rodgers, Cobb and Matthews and get em next year. The Scott Tolzien era doesn't instill confidence in this Packer fan. Sorry.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had it originally on the lineup for our area and last night replaced the Packers' game with the St. Louis v. Indy game. Does anyone have a link for a live feed? Right now I am watching RedZone to catch glimpses of the game. So far, from what I see, we need to do more quick slants and outs, not only for confidence, but quick outs to Jorday with blockers out front could result in some big gains. They should have done this around mid field when Wallace left the pocket. We might have gotten at least a short gain to be in better field goal range, rather than the 53 yarder.

At least we are still in this one so far.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry performance all around. No qb, Crosby is back to missing fgs, long touchdowns given up by our secondary? passing the ball on 3rd and 1? Pitiful. No takeaways? HOW DO YOU GUYS EXPECT TO WIN? It is what it is..better pray we get a wild card.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MISSING: Defensive Pass rush, if found contact Green Bay Packers, Inc, 1265 Lombardi Avenue Green Bay, Wisconsin.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry performance all around. No qb, Crosby is back to missing fgs, long touchdowns given up by our secondary? passing the ball on 3rd and 1? Pitiful. No takeaways? HOW DO YOU GUYS EXPECT TO WIN? It is what it is..better pray we get a wild card.
Yeah we did have a takeaway. And by ******** up the call they took away a touchdown from us to not to mentioned the three blatant PI that weren't called against the Eagles in the second half. And that's not to mention two or three times where their OL actually either grabbed handfuls of jersey or tackled our DL. I expected better from Mike Carey's crew. Looked like the Tripplett boys out there.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah we did have a takeaway. And by ******** up the call they took away a touchdown from us to not to mentioned the three blatant PI that weren't called against the Eagles in the second half. And that's not to mention two or three times where their OL actually either grabbed handfuls of jersey or tackled our DL. I expected better from Mike Carey's crew. Looked like the Tripplett boys out there.

You forgot the 2 non facemask penalties our def had on their rb

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

These are excuses and I hope they aren't buying them. The officiating was horrible both ways.

They kicked our butts, period. We knew they were going to run the ball on the last drive and dared us to stop them and they simply won. We could not go toe to toe with them. We were not physical, and we did not take advantage of the opportunities that we had. Mason blew some big chances to keep us in it.

The bottom line is that everyone knew the challenge ahead without Rodgers and Tolzien played as well as Wallace could have hoped to. It was the responsibility of the defense to raise their game up to a higher level to give the team a chance to win. They simply failed.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are excuses and I hope they aren't buying them.

No, they are facts. There were two long passes where the defender didn't even look for the ball and contact was all over the place and a third one where Boykin's jersey was clearly grabbed after he beat his man. Those plays all would have resulted in first downs. They were game changers. When the other team is simply allowed to mug your receivers with impunity, it's not an "excuse." It's a shame (or sham if you prefer), and Mike Carey's crew can no longer be considered the best.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, they are facts. There were two long passes where the defender didn't even look for the ball and contact was all over the place and a third one where Boykin's jersey was clearly grabbed after he beat his man. Those plays all would have resulted in first downs. They were game changers. When the other team is simply allowed to mug your receivers with impunity, it's not an "excuse." It's a shame (or sham if you prefer), and Mike Carey's crew can no longer be considered the best.

It's a distraction from the fact that we simply got **** pounded on our field today. We also got away with face masks and Boykin's catch should not have counted.

I hate the way PI is called in the NFL but it is a judgment call and if you were posting this anywhere but here it would simply sound like sour grapes.

We can "what if" calls from every game all season long, the bottom line today is that we were not as good of a team as the Eagles were and that's the issue that can control and need to fix. They have no control over Mike Carey's crew and should not concern themselves with anything other than how to put on a much better performance than they did today. Calls aside they still had a chance to do something about this adversity today and win and they did not.

Members online