Eagles @ Packers

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright, enough of us all (especially me) crying over losing Rodgers, on top of Finley, Cobb, Perry, Bulaga, Sherrod (he's back finally really?)......

Wallace had like 5 snaps last week with the 1st team, Rodgers said.

So now this week he will be able to plan and prepare...... Philly is hot or cold.
But like Trestman in Chicago, its a brand new offense. Our Capers defense seemed clueless against the new Bears offense.
I worry we will also be clueless against the Eagles new Chip Kelly offense.

I also think that we might rise up and kick their arses as all these guys should be challenged as men to prove this team wasn't ONLY RODGERS.
That they still are capable of winning with a different QB.

Philly's top WR is a little guy DeSean Jackson, unlike the Bears with the tall Marshall, Jeffrey, and Martellus Bennett. So they can't just catch em over our fraile CBs House and Tramon.

DeSean Jackson was taken right after we took Jordy..... I remember a lot of Packer fans being mad about that for awhile. Now? Well DJack is good, but thank God we took Jordy.

DeSean and LeSean (McCoy) are the weapons to worry about.

Their defense has a lot of guys who can get to the QB and cause problems.

• You guys anticipate our team coming out and playing great and winning?
    Or emotionally let down knowing the Franchise is out for a month or so?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Desean jackson and shady mccoy dont need to be tall to beat us, their speediness alone will do that. Not to mention they have that Riley Cooper guy and Brent Celek and Zach Ertz all who will give us major match up issues now that Nick Foles is tossing them the ball. If Matt barkley has to come in for some reason, that is the only way we win this game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still can't believe what has happened.
If only this was some bad dream.
It's not.
So onward we go.
Darn good thing we go up against Philly instead of say, The Broncs, Chiefs, Pats or any other complete team with a winning record.
Because it is the Eagles, that makes me feel better that we have a chance without Air-Run.
Next man up and Go Pack Go!

Eagle_Nation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With or without AR, you guys will crush us if you play up to 1/2 of your capability. This Eagle team is one of the worst teams in NFL history.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like a close game to me. Frankly, if we don't play defense better than last game then little else matters.
I would expect MM to come up with a game plan that takes advantage of the teams strengths. Run the ball with Lacy , Starks and keep the ball away from the Iggles offense at the same time. Short passing game to move the chains. Maybe insert a wrinkle or two.
I hope Capers has a more agressive game plan for this game. Maybe if Matthews plays we can get some pressure on the QB, that would be nice.
I still think we have the better team.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With or without AR, you guys will crush us if you play up to 1/2 of your capability. This Eagle team is one of the worst teams in NFL history.
Then what are the Raiders who just allowed Nicholas Foles to tie an NFL All-Time single game record with SEVEN touchdown passes last week in a road game at Charles Woodson's Raiders?
Those 7 TDs, thru the first 3 quarters by the way, are more than the Minnasoda Vikings have SO FAR ON THIS WHOLE SEASON.

If the Eagles are one of the worst teams in NFL History, what are the Vikings?
And the Raiders?
And the winless Jaguars?
And the winless Buccaneers?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Wallace plays much better with a full week of practice. Oh and our Offense should look better with James Jones returning to the lineup.

BTW Perry and Matthews returning to the lineup should be huge for our Defense. Sure Matthews won't be able to use his hands as he'd like to but with Neal and Perry in the lineup Clay should be able to freelance a lot.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we will score many points so the defense needs to play with more intensity than Monday night for us to win.

Last edited:

Eagle_Nation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then what are the Raiders who just allowed Nicholas Foles to tie an NFL All-Time single game record with SEVEN touchdown passes last week in a road game at Charles Woodson's Raiders?
Those 7 TDs, thru the first 3 quarters by the way, are more than the Minnasoda Vikings have SO FAR ON THIS WHOLE SEASON.

If the Eagles are one of the worst teams in NFL History, what are the Vikings?
And the Raiders?
And the winless Jaguars?
And the winless Buccaneers?

Raiders would beat the Eagles 9/10 times. That game was a fluke that snowballed. BTW, check the total yardage stats for that game. The do not align with the scoreboard.

Jags are worse. I'll give you that. TB and PHL are on par with each other --- that is to day they are pathetic.

I would take your team, minus AR, in a NY minute over PHL. In fact, if I was drafting a 53 man roster from the 106 guys who comprise the two teams, I bet 40-45 of them would be Packers.

This game will not be competitive.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raiders would beat the Eagles 9/10 times. That game was a fluke that snowballed. BTW, check the total yardage stats for that game. The do not align with the scoreboard.

Jags are worse. I'll give you that. TB and PHL are on par with each other --- that is to day they are pathetic.

I would take your team, minus AR, in a NY minute over PHL. In fact, if I was drafting a 53 man roster from the 106 guys who comprise the two teams, I bet 40-45 of them would be Packers.

This game will not be competitive.
Are you sure you are a Eagles fan?? ;)

Eagle_Nation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey 13....

You guys count your pre-merger championships in your totals here? So if I stay in this forum, I can rightfully claim not to have Zero.Zero titles

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey 13....

You guys count your pre-merger championships in your totals here? So if I stay in this forum, I can rightfully claim not to have Zero.Zero titles
Funny, but you guys do have at least one title as I recall. The Eagles beat the Packers for the NFL title in 1960 and you should absolutely claim that. The history of the NFL didn't begin with the AFL-NFL merger.

Eagles Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi All...

Eagle Nation - if you really are Eagles fan, which I don't believe at all... YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER... without a doubt... Ha ha..!

To Packer fans - My regrets to the injury to A Rogers, not good to see anytime for any team..

I can only say from my point of view, just as the Packers front office has not addressed and ignored the importance of having the most capable person possible to backup Aaron Rodgers so have the Eagles completely mismanaged the Eagles quarterback position.

Everyone in Philadelphia except Chip Kelly knew that Michael Vick would most likely miss significant playing time from any assortment of injuries. Even when healthy though his skills to be an effective passer have always been suspect. His inability to see open receivers and release the ball quickly along with lack of accuracy probably his most glaring deficiencies, is there anything else left...??

Yeah, I think the Packers not keeping Vince Young was a huge mistake and at least would have given you guys a great chance to have beaten the Bears. I know people say a lot of things about him, this and that, but he knows how to win a game in the NFL, and that's all U really need to know. I was actually hoping the Eagles would sign him because if Foles goes down the Eagles season is done.

As far as the game on Sunday goes, of course anything can happen, but I see the Eagles keying on Lacy making it hard for him to get significant yardage and bringing it all day to Seneca. Seneca is going to have to show he can get the ball to Packer receivers with the Eagles coming at him hard. If Seneca can do that it will be a game, if not I just can't see how the Eagles can lose.

Good Luck to all...!! except Eagle Nation..HA ha...###!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts