Eagles open to trading Brandon Graham

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

The 2010 first round draft pick who battled injuries during the first two years of his career is reportedly on the trading block with the Eagles asking for a mid-to-late round draft pick. I think this guy could be an intriguing player to either line up at OLB or the elephant position for the Packers.

Sorry NOMOFO if you never heard of this guy, just ignore the thread and go back to discussing what happened during the summer of 2008.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The last thing we need to give away a pick for is a guy who is already injury prone. Sorry, no thanks.

He played in every single game over the last two seasons, being ranked the 2nd best 4-3 DE in 2012 by PFF although playing only 435 snaps.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guy was a monster at Michigan and I remember people saying that he would make a good 3-4 OLB. If they think he's healthy and would come cheap-ish, I wouldn't mind. Of course, this is really, really unlikely to happen. Not really TT's style.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Between Matthews, Peppers, Perry, Neal, etc, I think we already have a logjam at OLB/Elephant.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
yup, and if Mr cheap-o wont go and pay for our back-up QB, for a reasonable price I might ad..... he wont go after anyone else......worth while that is.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yup, and if Mr cheap-o wont go and pay for our back-up QB, for a reasonable price I might ad..... he wont go after anyone else......worth while that is.
LOL, why don't they just fire the guy, what with all of the losing we've been doing on his watch.

We can do better than Flynn for gods sake. They were wrong about Coleman and Harrell last year, sure, and if they're no better off after camp this year than last they should pick up Flynn if he's available, but this idea that he should be our default long-term backup is nuts. The guy has no arm. He should be what he was last year (although I wished they'd called him before Wallace); an emergency guy and that's it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, why don't they just fire the guy, what with all of the losing we've been doing on his watch.

We can do better than Flynn for gods sake. They were wrong about Coleman and Harrell last year, sure, and if they're no better off after camp this year than last they should pick up Flynn if he's available, but this idea that he should be our default long-term backup is nuts. The guy has no arm. He should be what he was last year (although I wished they'd called him before Wallace); an emergency guy and that's it.

When Flynn came back in cold this year, the first thing he did was engineer a 16 point comeback to earn a tie against the Vikings. He had a disastrous game in Detroit, but the entire team did as well. He was disappointing against Pittsburgh but very good against Atlanta, and his comeback against Dallas was fantastic.

He was 2-2-1 for us and certainly would have been 3-2 if he had played the entire game against Minnesota. This was without any offseason or training camp with us.

Flynn isn't a guy you want starting all 16 games, but that's a quality shared by just about every backup QB, that's why they are called backup QB's.

God forbid should Rodgers get a high ankle sprain or something and miss a few games -- if you have a better realistic alternative for who you would like to see come in and start for 3-4 games, I'd certainly like to hear it. We didn't find a better realistic alternative last year.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Flynn is a "system QB" ...... A product of OUR SYSTEM. He failed elsewhere or was beaten out....but he returns here and does well. He is proven here, keep him here. Stop being cheap and pay the guy what a decent back up makes.
"we can do better than flynn" WHO? Wallace? Tolzein? some other veteran has been? Some young never will be? Yeah right.... You can pay Brad Jones WELL above his level of play, You overpay Peppers ..... why not give flynn the low amount he would need to stay? We have seen what he can do, and what others couldn't do. But I guess we should let flynn leave and just get that meat head muscle bound Brady Quinn in here, since he has won so many games and has a better arm, right? SMFH

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
PFF ranked him pretty high last season as well when he was playing OLB.
Everyone here in Philly considered him a reach when he was drafted, and largely considers him a bust now. I'm not sure I give a 7 for him. Most Eagles fans I know agree that OLB is a position of need on that team, and you don't give away a "good player" at a position of need.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Everyone here in Philly considered him a reach when he was drafted, and largely considers him a bust now. I'm not sure I give a 7 for him. Most Eagles fans I know agree that OLB is a position of need on that team, and you don't give away a "good player" at a position of need.

Well, I didn´t see him play last season, but he had 3 sacks and 27 pressures on just 331 snaps last season at OLB and 5.5 sacks and 45 pressures in 435 snaps playing DE in 2012. I think the guy could work out pretty well at the elephant position for the Packers.

The Eagles just let walk DeSean Jackson for nothing after he posted impressive number last season, so I´m not sure the Eagles don´t give away good players at a position of need.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think his best fit is at 4-3 DE or as Elephant. I don't think he's very good as real OLB. Moreover he only has 1 year left on his deal, so a trade would be a one year lease.

We have Neal, Perry and Peppers as Elephants, so we have depth at the Elephant position already. What we need is real OLB depth (someone who is decent in coverage).

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I think his best fit is at 4-3 DE or as Elephant. I don't think he's very good as real OLB. Moreover he only has 1 year left on his deal, so a trade would be a one year lease.

We have Neal, Perry and Peppers as Elephants, so we have depth at the Elephant position already. What we need is real OLB depth (someone who is decent in coverage).

I agree that he´s best suited to play DE in a 4-3, on the other hand I think he would be an upgrade over Neal and Perry at the elephant position.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Well, I didn´t see him play last season, but he had 3 sacks and 27 pressures on just 331 snaps last season at OLB and 5.5 sacks and 45 pressures in 435 snaps playing DE in 2012. I think the guy could work out pretty well at the elephant position for the Packers.

The Eagles just let walk DeSean Jackson for nothing after he posted impressive number last season, so I´m not sure the Eagles don´t give away good players at a position of need.
Desean Jackson was a malcontent and obstinate one trick pony who wanted to get paid like Megatron.

I agree that he´s best suited to play DE in a 4-3, on the other hand I think he would be an upgrade over Neal and Perry at the elephant position.
He got those stats playing ROLB in relief of the aging Trent Cole. Perry is easily the better player, especially at Elephant; Graham couldn stop a 5th grader running past him.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Desean Jackson was a malcontent and obstinate one trick pony who wanted to get paid like Megatron.

He signed for $8 million a year in Washington, not anywhere close to the deal Megatron got.

He got those stats playing ROLB in relief of the aging Trent Cole. Perry is easily the better player, especially at Elephant; Graham couldn stop a 5th grader running past him.

Not sure why it makes a difference whom he replaced while getting the stats. Once again, I didn´t see him play, but PFF ranked him pretty high over the last two seasons and way above Perry.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

Perry had 4 sacks in 11 games last season, he is progressing. He should take another stride this coming season. Remember he has been playing hurt, so a healthy perry in a position he is more comfy with might just yeild better results.
Neal had 5 sacks in 10 games. So he too is progressing. If either of these two guys stayed healthy for a full 16 game season, I think you might change your thoughts about perry and neal. I could see 6-7 sacks from Perry and 8-9 out of neal. Both of which would be considered respectable. I just hope that Perry, Neal, Daniels, Matthews, Peppers can all stay healthy and then you will see some serious sacks.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Perry had 4 sacks in 11 games last season, he is progressing. He should take another stride this coming season. Remember he has been playing hurt, so a healthy perry in a position he is more comfy with might just yeild better results.
Neal had 5 sacks in 10 games. So he too is progressing. If either of these two guys stayed healthy for a full 16 game season, I think you might change your thoughts about perry and neal. I could see 6-7 sacks from Perry and 8-9 out of neal. Both of which would be considered respectable. I just hope that Perry, Neal, Daniels, Matthews, Peppers can all stay healthy and then you will see some serious sacks.

The number of sacks aren´t the only way to measure a player´s performance. Both Perry and Neal haven´t been effective against the run while Graham has been a good run defender over the last two years.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
well, either way......I think that since you said you have not seen the man play and are only going off of what could be and has been considered a flawed ranking system and the fact that Hypon has seen the guy play and knows of him....... he sounds like he wouldn't work. Not to mention he really is not even available and the other widely known fact of TT is most likely done with FA unless he finds some $1.99 guy to plug in and unplug before the season starts. I think TT is in his easy chair waiting for the draft to start and all significant FA actions are over with for the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts