Eagles' McNabb launches his own clothing line

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles' McNabb launches his own clothing line

NFL.com wire reports

PHILADELPHIA (Nov. 7, 2006) -- Donovan McNabb is more likely to be compared to Joe Montana, John Elway and Dan Marino than Hugo Boss, Giorgio Armani or Gianni Versace.

The five-time Pro Bowl quarterback took a break from tossing passes for the Philadelphia Eagles to launch his own line of casual men's clothing under the Reebok label. He hosted a fashion show Tuesday to introduce his "Super Five" apparel.

"This is very near and dear to me," McNabb said. "I took a lot of pride in the design, the comfort level and the look."

While models strutted down a makeshift runway inside the RBK Concept Store on South Street, McNabb described the clothes they wore with intimate detail. He seemed to know as much about materials and textures as he does Cover-2 defenses.

The "Super Five" line ranges from T-shirts and fleeces to knit sweaters and vests. And, sizes go up to 5XL.

"I've always wanted clothing that was casual and comfortable, but had a more refined look and feel," McNabb said.

McNabb grew up in Chicago in the 1980s and admired Michael Jordan. He said he treasured his first pair of Nike Air Jordan sneakers like "they were gold."

Now McNabb can say he's like Mike because he also has his own clothing line. He can only hope to match Jordan's championship success. Jordan won six NBA titles with the Chicago Bulls during his NBA career.

"His name is way bigger than mine and the things he's been able to accomplish, those are the things I want to accomplish when it comes to sports and off the field as well," McNabb said.

For now, McNabb's top priority is helping the Eagles turn around a disappointing season and make a playoff push. Philadelphia started 4-1 and McNabb was a leading candidate for MVP, but three straight losses going into a bye dropped the Eagles to 4-4 and raised serious doubts about the team.

McNabb leads the league with 2,312 yards passing and is second with 16 touchdowns, but he threw two interceptions that were returned for scores in a 23-21 loss at Tampa Bay on Oct. 22.

"Every game, there were opportunities to make plays as a team and I ask myself, `What could I have done better?"' McNabb said. "It's a team game. We all have to play well together. The NFC is still close."

The Eagles host the Washington Redskins (3-5).

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea...here in the Philly area, fans are already using this as an excuse for the ongoing collapse of the team. With a 3 game losing streak, the timing isn't exactly great! You hear alot of "That @#$% should be focusing on football......not some pansy-*** clothing line". Gotta love Philly!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does the McNabb brand have a puke stain on everything, to give it that "McNabb pukes (and chokes) during the clutch" feel?

Members online

Latest posts