Eagles fan here, Do you think Darren Perry would make a good DC ?

dawhole9

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know much about him. I know we just hired Washburn as our Dlines coach and he is used to coaching a 4-3 defensive scheme. Problem is if we hire Perry would he know how to run a 4-3? Hes played in and only coached 3-4 defenses right?

I wish we could get Trgovac because he has experience as a DC. If we cant get him then maybe Perry could help out our horrible defense.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, all of our coaches would be terrible! lol. Perry has basically only played and coach in the Pittsburgh scheme. I'd imagine if he gets hired on as a DC he'd bring a 3-4 with him.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know much about him. I know we just hired Washburn as our Dlines coach and he is used to coaching a 4-3 defensive scheme. Problem is if we hire Perry would he know how to run a 4-3? Hes played in and only coached 3-4 defenses right?

I wish we could get Trgovac because he has experience as a DC. If we cant get him then maybe Perry could help out our horrible defense.

NO, get off our kool-aid! :)

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think there isn't a "staff coach" that can bring anything near what Dom Capers is bringing...that guy has basically made us contenders in 2 years, nearly less then 2 years...I don't know how much of a contribution a Safeties Coach would be as play caller on Defense and drawing up the Schematics...I think it's a crapshoot for the Eagles if they get him...but, Trgovac is probably the best available "Staff Coach" on our squad

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
They all really suck, go raid the Falcons pool of coaches. They were the number 1 seed you know.
Honestly I think all of our position coaches are all stud coordinators. Why not, they've been groomed by the Packers.
It sucks to be the best team in the NFL, everyone wants to be us.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Look at what he's done with Sam Shields! I think that says it all for the guy. But yeah, realistically, he's horrible and you need to look at the Bears or Vikings coaching staffs.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coordinators from winning teams don't always make the best coaches and coordinators from losing teams don't always make the worst coaches. See Josh McDaniels and Mike McCarthy for examples.

That said, I have faith any new guy we get will be able to step up, as we'll have Capers involved in the decision.

We all knew it was bound to happen sometime.

Members online

Latest posts