Eagles dream team?

Reaction score
How many starting quarterbacks play the whole first half of the 2nd preseason game? How many throw 3 interceptions in a preseason game?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get too cocky or gloat just yet.
It's just a preseason game.
And preseason is all about fixing mistakes and getting ready for reg. season.

When, not if, the Eagles blow chances in reg. season games, that is the time to gloat.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
easy, it's just preseason. it's hard to take anything from preseason, even when someone's doing bad. it's just not the same as playing in the regular season...

Reaction score
Still, the first string QB throwing almost more interceptions than completions?

Exactly. Preseason is meant for mistakes to be made, but seriously. 3 Picks in the first half? There's a difference between a 1 bad read and 3 passes being forced like Brent would do on occasions.

PackerChamps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dream Team aka creamed team

The dream team in Philly has a lot of jelling to do if they are going to go undefeated and surpass all NFL season records.

Pittsburgh giving them a little taste of what playing a SB team is going to be like. Its preseason but they are totally not working on the same page. Lots of picks thrown by both HOF QB's in Vick and Young.

On the other hand, considering out middle linebacker depth, I wouldn't mind having 2 Matthews in the lineup for the Packers. Casey needs experience, but he is showing a lot of what is brother did his first year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yawn. pre season. indy is like 2 and 18 the past 5 years or something insane during the preseason. Lions went 4-0 in the preseason the year they lost every real game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why do we have 3 running threads on this? Its the preseason. this in no way says one way or another if they will be in the SB or will run the NFC. I understand the hate, but might be jumping the gun a bit here guys.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other hand, considering out middle linebacker depth, I wouldn't mind having 2 Matthews in the lineup for the Packers. Casey needs experience, but he is showing a lot of what is brother did his first year.

Until I read this I didn't know what happened to Casey.
Too bad he ended up with the Eagles.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why do we have 3 running threads on this? Its the preseason. this in no way says one way or another if they will be in the SB or will run the NFC. I understand the hate, but might be jumping the gun a bit here guys.
Yeah and why are we even bother discussing:
A) Other teams but the Packers
and
B) A team the Pack won't even play during reg. season?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Preseason is meant for mistakes to be made, but seriously. 3 Picks in the first half? There's a difference between a 1 bad read and 3 passes being forced like Brent would do on occasions.

And Flynn is outplaying Rodgers in the preseason too. Not going to worry much about that either. Did think it was interesting though.

Its not like the Steelers are a bad team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I merged them all

And we had 2 extra cuz people are worried Philly might be good, so every loss no matter pre season or not, its a chance for them to gloat

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I merged them all

And we had 2 extra cuz people are worried Philly might be good, so every loss no matter pre season or not, its a chance for them to gloat

gloating over a preseason loss? ... its going to be a long season.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If what we saw was an indication of the Eagles 1st team Defense in the first half, man there's no need for Rodgers to crush their secondary...Starks and Grant can run all over them all day. That DL looked super soft and LB got pushed around so easily. This wasn't about missed assignments or looking lost. They plainly got physically manhandled. And this is assuming they're our main competition in the NFC playoffs if they even make it. That ESPN guy who put the Giants are favorites, I thought he was an idiot at first, idk about that anymore.

Reaction score
I merged them all

It's not the loss that anybody is worried about. Preseason or Postseason, Play in and play out the Eagles really didn't even show a glimpse of what any of the hype was about. Anybody who watched the game would understand that. Preseason games are meaningless, but the actual play that goes on in those games are the full potential of those players on the field. Michael Vick didn't play the whole first half because he thought he was in a rhythm. Just saying! Yes, they will get those kinks out, and that is what the preseason is for. But, they do have some players that play with a high risk, high reward. Vick (Tried to make too many plays deep down the field which resulted in 3 picks), Samuel (Bit on a route and got burned deep for 6), Rodgers-Cromartie (Gave up many receptions due to trying to guess routes), Jenkins (Lack of containing the runningback), etc. Chances are that in the long run, it will hurt them.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F*** the Eagles, F*** the Bears, F*** the Vikings, F**** any team that isn't THE WORLD CHAMPION GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not the loss that anybody is worried about. Preseason or Postseason, Play in and play out the Eagles really didn't even show a glimpse of what any of the hype was about. Anybody who watched the game would understand that. Preseason games are meaningless, but the actual play that goes on in those games are the full potential of those players on the field. Michael Vick didn't play the whole first half because he thought he was in a rhythm. Just saying! Yes, they will get those kinks out, and that is what the preseason is for. But, they do have some players that play with a high risk, high reward. Vick (Tried to make too many plays deep down the field which resulted in 3 picks), Samuel (Bit on a route and got burned deep for 6), Rodgers-Cromartie (Gave up many receptions due to trying to guess routes), Jenkins (Lack of containing the runningback), etc. Chances are that in the long run, it will hurt them.

I dont think one preseason game is a reason to say they will suck..And if they blew Pitt out of the water I certainly wouldnt say they will continue it all season..

Its preseason for a reason, this year it is a much more different preseason then what we are used to..

I hope to god they suck all season long, but I think chances are they wont

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I see Vick threw 3 picks last night, and just watching the highlights I learned a few things

The Steelers O-Line still is pretty bad, but Big Ben did his thing. He performed great under pressure.

Eagles secondary looked bad.
They were leaving targets WIDE OPEN as they are known to do when playing a good team. That one touchdown that put Pitt up 14 to 0 is a good reference. They will probably fix this late in the season, but most of the problem is how they blitz just about every down.

Michael Vick was under heavy pressure
Pittsburgh's genius **** LeBeau managed to throw everything into a package to keep Vick maintained.
Don't get me wrong, Vick is a good quarterback, but the Steelers had him in check with pressure and keeping everyone covered, along with the heavy pressure forcing him to throw picks. That is how you stop Michael Vick. I'm sure other teams will learn from that.

And finally it's just preseason. The Steelers looked great, the Eagles looked like crap.

I would be more worried about Pittsburgh than Philly this year, cause the Eagles are going to be the Miami Heat of NFL, as in all hype and media attention. Maybe if Michael Vick was as big an a-hole as LeBron James, everyone would really hate them then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts