Eagles dream team?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Well, I guess come January we will know one way or the other. It's a long road. This is all I have to say about the Philly hype.

They have two of the best corners and Samuels, but who is gonna cover the other two receivers? If they blitz away, then Grant and Starks will get more carry's. Who's gonna stop Finley?

I haven't seen any great upgrades on Offense. We kept Vick in check during that playoff game. Our defense is a year smarter and now Capers will be able to open his playbook.

Bring em on. ARE WE THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS OR NOT????

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This reminds me of a debate I had in Jan of 08 about the Packers/Giants game

People were so dead set the Packers would bounce them out..I wasnt so sure just because of what the Giants were doing in the playoffs.

I was looked down upon and asked why wasnt I in the Packers corner..

I hope to GOD Philly doesnt end up being as good as they appear to be

But dont say I am not a real Packer fan because I think another team might be better

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't have to sell me on Cullen Jenkins, what makes you believe he'll automatically be healthy all year?

Can you with certainty say that Mike Neal will NOT be as good as or better than Cullen?

Seems like Neal has issues staying healthy just like Jenkins...

So if he isnt playing he cant be as good as Jenkins

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Seems like Neal has issues staying healthy just like Jenkins...

So if he isnt playing he cant be as good as Jenkins
Do you expect me to believe you knew Neal would get injured? Are you telling me you based your position earlier on the expectation Neal would get hurt? Why didn't you prove your psychic abilities by saying so before Neal got hurt?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you expect me to believe you knew Neal would get injured? Are you telling me you based your position earlier on the expectation Neal would get hurt? Why didn't you prove your psychic abilities by saying so before Neal got hurt?

He is psychic, I've tested him multiple times.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
He is psychic, I've tested him multiple times.
I'm throwing a flag Kitten. The proof has to be in a post, not friendly backup from another poster.
But nice try, replay shows it wasn't predicted.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Morgan Burnett/Charlie Peprah, Nick Collins, Charles Woodson
Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jermichael Finely, Andrew Quarless, DJ Williams, James Starks, Alex Green
It's not like the Packers stood still. Probably the most versatile and talented DB in the league, probably the most talented WR/TE/RB receivers corps in the league.
Yep, some luck would help. It's not luck, it's a talented roster. The Packers are LOADED!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

LOL!!

My point was that you had an excuse that Jenkins was injured a little to much. and now Neal seems to be getting injured too...

Just cant always say one way is the right way, because you just never know

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Morgan Burnett/Charlie Peprah, Nick Collins, Charles Woodson
Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jermichael Finely, Andrew Quarless, DJ Williams, James Starks, Alex Green
It's not like the Packers stood still. Probably the most versatile and talented DB in the league, probably the most talented WR/TE/RB receivers corps in the league.
Yep, some luck would help. It's not luck, it's a talented roster. The Packers are LOADED!

I thought argument was that on "paper" Philly are champs but chemistry might not be there..Just cuz the new free agents they got are talented, you cant say they push them over the top....

Wasnt that what everyone is saying?

So you or anyone else putting our rookies out there like that, isnt that saying the same thing?

I wouldnt count on our rookies yet..

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I thought argument was that on "paper" Philly are champs but chemistry might not be there..Just cuz the new free agents they got are talented, you cant say they push them over the top....

Wasnt that what everyone is saying?

So you or anyone else putting our rookies out there like that, isnt that saying the same thing?

I wouldnt count on our rookies yet..
Precisely the point. You can't count on any of it until they put the pads on. I was merely pointing out that the other teams weren't standing still while Philly was assembling free agents. The Packers build their championship teams a little different.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kinda confused at where you guys are in the argument. If you're talking "on paper," stay "on paper" and not in real life with all the different variables regardless of how meaningless "on paper" is.

"On paper," we're the better team by a little.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think on paper the Eagles have the better defense...Offense we do by a bit..

Just depends on how Philly gels..If we are to met them in the playoffs (if both rosters stay the same as it is now) then I will be very worried

But dont blast me cuz that is my opinion..

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think on paper the Eagles have the better defense...Offense we do by a bit..

Just depends on how Philly gels..If we are to met them in the playoffs (if both rosters stay the same as it is now) then I will be very worried

But dont blast me cuz that is my opinion..

Are you considering the coaching staff as well btw?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kinda confused at where you guys are in the argument. If you're talking "on paper," stay "on paper" and not in real life with all the different variables regardless of how meaningless "on paper" is.

"On paper," we're the better team by a little.

If you are talking strictly "on paper" than that narrows the gap between them and us significantly. I'll give the Eagles that, they've put up one hell of a roster in a short period of time ("on paper") but that is where it ends. If we really want to get into this hard core, let's start comparing each position "on paper" and see what we got. That will drive us to madness! When all is said and done, the Packers still have an advantage "on paper", no matter how you look at it. But to be honest, a lot of the times "on paper" proves to be worthless at the end and is often very deceptive. I go by what I see out there on the field. Hard core reality, not something that should be, according to what it written on paper.

I really think we need to give it a rest about these bloody Eagles. Finley hit the nail right on the head. Why are WE even worried about them? They should be worried about us, and according to their owner, they are. How about some confidence and faith in our Packers! Screw the Eagles!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you considering the coaching staff as well btw?

Yes..This is the same coaching staff for most part that got them to how many NFCCG? And a SB, all be it a few years ago..But they are capable...

What is our one weekness, prob s/t???....Can only keep Philly s/t unit down for so long..

It took a interception in the end zone, and a few missed f/g for us to win last year in playoffs...

It wasnt like we were leaps and bounds better then them..And we havent really upgraded our D other then getting some injured players back..Whom btw are not really proven for a whole season..

Our offense played pretty good vs their D in the playoffs....But, Philly's D added proven players..It only depends on if they gel, which I think they will..

Philly isnt ran like the Skins, or other teams that over spend for free agents..

Please dont blast me..That is how I feel..

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes..This is the same coaching staff for most part that got them to how many NFCCG? And a SB, all be it a few years ago..But they are capable...

What is our one weekness, prob s/t???....Can only keep Philly s/t unit down for so long..

It took a interception in the end zone, and a few missed f/g for us to win last year in playoffs...

It wasnt like we were leaps and bounds better then them..And we havent really upgraded our D other then getting some injured players back..Whom btw are not really proven for a whole season..

Our offense played pretty good vs their D in the playoffs....But, Philly's D added proven players..It only depends on if they gel, which I think they will..

Philly isnt ran like the Skins, or other teams that over spend for free agents..

Please dont blast me..That is how I feel..

No blasting, you are making some good points, LTF. Some of them we don't like to think of or admit to. They are perhaps a lot closer to us than we realize but I'm still going with the Pack over perhaps a slight margin. The Eagles went all in this year, they put everything into it just to try to come close to matching us. The Packers set the bar pretty high, and the Eagles and all other teams are trying to catch us. Can we rank them 2nd in the NFC (behind the Packers #1) and be happy with that? I think that would be fair and maybe a good look at how the NFC championship game may go down this year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Got to add Saints and Atlanta there too..

People can make a case for all four of us when ranking 1-4

Reaction score
The Dream Teams Looking Good!

Big Ben is looking like Tom Brady against supposedly the best team in the NFL! 2 drives, 2 throwing touchdowns.. Looks like Rodgers-Cromartie and Asomugha make a huge difference. Funny how a defensive lineman and 2 corners can make the NFL community forget about their whole linebacker and safety core.

Update: Also, Vick is looking like a top 5 QB with his 3 interceptions in 5 possessions!

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "Dream Team" showed up tonight against Pit... Eagles were sloppy and picked apart! I know its still early but just shows how u cant buy a superbowl.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man the Bucs and Eagles 1st teams look terrible out there. Good for us I guess.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's because we're talking about fringe NFC teams against top AFL competition...

And the Eagles are trying to emulate the Packers. Can't do that without Rodgers, Matthews and Woodson...

Members online

Latest posts