Eager And Healthly Woodson Will Be Ready For First Mini Camp

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Eager And Healthly Woodson Will Be Ready For First Mini

digsthepack said:
Oh....no....he IS a joykill ******. You are fairly new...give him some time...you too will smell fresh as springtime.

Not me....strictly water and vinegar for me!!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Explains your bitterness (emotional, not flavor...just wanted to qualify to avoid smart retorts) a little bit!! LOL

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

digsthepack said:
Explains your bitterness (emotional, not flavor...just wanted to qualify to avoid smart retorts) a little bit!! LOL

Damnit!!!! Half way through I thought I had you. Always covering your *** :lol:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I didn't mean to be a "joykill ******" and despite zero's codeine induced statement I'm as big a Packer fan as there is.

My point is not that the fans shouldn't be excited. That's what fans are for. My point was that all these articles about the players being excited are all the same. No matter what team or what player. Joe Johnson was thrilled to go to GB and wanted to kick *** to prove he deserved the money. Ryan Leaf was ecstatic to go to San Diego and was going to make the Colts sorry they ever passed over him.

My statement was that I was excited to be landing great football players in Green Bay. I want to see them play, not listen to how excited they are. If this is deemed anti-Packer or anti-TT, for God's sake then you all need to get your collective heads outta your arses.

EXCELLENT POST. Well put.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
DePack said:
I didn't mean to be a "joykill ******" and despite zero's codeine induced statement I'm as big a Packer fan as there is.

My point is not that the fans shouldn't be excited. That's what fans are for. My point was that all these articles about the players being excited are all the same. No matter what team or what player. Joe Johnson was thrilled to go to GB and wanted to kick *** to prove he deserved the money. Ryan Leaf was ecstatic to go to San Diego and was going to make the Colts sorry they ever passed over him.

My statement was that I was excited to be landing great football players in Green Bay. I want to see them play, not listen to how excited they are. If this is deemed anti-Packer or anti-TT, for God's sake then you all need to get your collective heads outta your arses.

EXCELLENT POST. Well put.

Excellent post? Me? I'm having chest pains :lol:

I'll take it.....even from a bear fan :lol: Thanks!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

DePack said:

Deepest apologizies sir.
I assumed with a name like DePack you were 'De - Pack' (AntiPack...) and your posts sometimes leave little to think other wise.

I guess I looked too deep into your name, haha oops :oops:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Deepest apologizies sir.
I assumed with a name like DePack you were 'De - Pack' (AntiPack...) and your posts sometimes leave little to think other wise.

I guess I looked too deep into your name, haha oops :oops:

I have never posted an anti-Packer post EVER.

Actually the De stands for the Delicious :wink:

Sorry I just assumed everyone knew it was the abbreviation for the greatest state in the USA. Actually I run into people that don't even know it is a state or where it is :wink:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
Whoa, its a state? lol im a noob

Not only is it a State.....it is THE FIRST STATE. The rest of you are just newbies :lol: It's actually something they just stuck between Philly and Baltimore.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself as a big time Charles Woodson fan. The easiest way for you to get to know me is just to pick a random thread of mine on the Raiders' site, so here's one from a few years back. It'll explain more about who I am and about who your new cornerback is. And for what it's worth, his excitement in that latest article is genuine---he won't ******** you. Anyway, here goes:

The Real Charles Woodson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a self-appointed guru on C Wood, let me set all the rumors, the facts, the opinions, the assumptions, etc, STRAIGHT.

Charles Woodson---only player in college history to win the Heisman Trophy by being a primarily defensive player. Go back and look at quotes from opposing players and coaches. The Minnesota coach said there was nobody better in the country at any position, and if there is one, he'd like to see him. The Michigan State QB who got picked by Charles with ONE HAND said he was trying to throw it OUT OF BOUNDS and thought nobody had a chance to get to it. Okay, so he has athleticism.

Doesn't care enough about the game, huh? Why does he have a boxing match with David Boston every time they meet? Why had turf toe practically destroyed Eddie George's career, yet C Wood has dealt with it? Why does he play two weeks after having a steel rod inserted in his leg? Won the Ohio State game virtually by himself his junior (last) year by an INT and a punt return for the go ahead TD. The most important game to him and his college, and he produced. Not to mention a pick in the endzone on a Washington State drive in the championship game.

Okay, enough college stats, what has he done in the pros? First four years he played, he went to the Pro Bowl. Why didn't he go this last year? Easy, NFL politics. Same reason the best young RB in the game, Ladanian Tomlinson, didn't go. Who else had 1000 yds rushing, 1000 yds rec? And on a team like the Chargers? It's all on how the media portrays the players. C Wood opened his mouth like a leader---did Tim Brown? No. Did Jerry Rice? No. Did they all agree with him after the fact? Yes. Did some Raiders players literally want to punch Callahan? Yep...but Charles was the only one who spoke up...what does that mean about the rest of the players? Do they not have a backbone? What about when Wood was deactivated the last game of the year? The entire secondary thought about leaving with him. That doesn't mean he is a cancer to the team...when your boys in the secondary actually think about leaving the game, the money involved, because they back you, that should say plenty. Not to mention the fact that he has apologized since then, feeling that he let his team down.

Who else held Randy Moss to 4 catches for 25 yards? In the first half? With nothing at ALL in the second half?

Who else does Brett Favre throw away from the ENTIRE game? Every catch Walker or Ferguson made, they had 1-4 people around them, none of which was Charles, who had Driver on lockdown.

What about Charles lapses of concentration during the game? Well, wouldn't you be thinking about Phillip Buchanon the whole game when no one throws your way and he gets burned every other down? Wouldn't you think about something else when your ******* coach won't let you blitz when you know you can get to the QB? Wouldn't you feel like cheating over inside the hashmarks to make a play when the opposing QB hasn't thrown a single ball your way on the sideline?

When anyone asked him what was the situation, he always answered with a reply thathe wanted to remain a Raider. With all the trades in professional sports, where practically nobody can stay with one team, this wasn't a breath of fresh air?

I know the majority of the population thinks Champ Bailey is the better cornerback. The majority of the population listens to what ESPN and the rest of the media feeds them. Big Brother says "Champ is the best!", so I guess they must be right? ****. Does Champ go full throttle to tackle the fullback storming down the field? God no. He'll push him out of bounds, sure. Charles will stick him. Charles will tackle behind the line like nobody's business. No other corner in the game can strip the ball like Wood. Put Champ on Moss, hold him to 25 yards and no TDs for the game, and I'll shut up. But you know I'm right, it won't happen. Offensive coordinators aren't stupid, they know what Wood can do. All this can happen on any single play, and becuz of this, not only do opposing teams not throw on his side, they won't run on his side either. Seriously, sit down and watch how often they run to Buch's side.

When he gets beat, which I am here to say, every corner does, he will take credit for it. But most of the time, he's got the wherewithal to trip up the WR who gets by him, taking the penalty instead of the long touchdown. That gives the team another 4 downs to hold em, that's just smart football.

He's not the cockiest guy in the league like everyone thinks he is. He will tell you straight up---he gives props to Marvin Harrison as being hard to guard. Know why? Cuz it's hard as **** to guard him!! Ty Law did an excellent job on Marvin, but do you know why? His HC is a defensive guru, knowing when to call bltizes, cover 2, man zone, etc. Law (like Surtain) is dominant in zone, and Belichick knows that. Watch the game again...Peyton is flustered, Marvin simply won't push off to get position, he literaly let Law beat him up and took it like a little girl. We all know how good he is, let them play again, and it'll be a different story. That's just the nature of the game. And by no means am I taking anything away from Ty, he is an excellent corner.

Now, to be perfectly honest, I truly believe Charles is the best complete corner in the league. Chris McAlister, after all his ******** the couple years before, has put his all in bettering himself, and I think he is the closest competitor to Wood. Champ is up there, yes, with great closing speed and athleticism. But when everyone gets off Bailey's bandwagon and sees what he does wrong, they will understand what I mean when I put Charles 1st and Chris 2nd.

Charles Woodson is healthy now. Dismiss his "mouth", for his ******* coach is gone now. Put a reasonable pass rush up front, another good corner on the other side, and let the QB pick his poison instead of simply throwing away from him. Let Wood return punts and play him at WR at your whim, and you will tap into the talent unmatched by the rest of the corners in the NFL. Let him know that you truly BELIEVE he is the best in the league, and he will reward you with the play he and I know he is capable of. If it's not Norv, hopefully another coach already knows this.

Now, to Bleed and Longfavor, save your breath, we all know you hate C Wood. But if you give me any credit whatsoever, and C Wood gets traded, look for Springs or Winfield. Plummer is only as good as people HOPE him to be, Vincent's old *** will need a cane to walk by November, and Bobby Taylor is just another loudmouth from Notre Dame who thinks his size is enough to get him by. And the best corner in the draft, write it down and take a picture, is D'Angelo Hall. Sorry folks, but I read enough **** on Wood to let loose and put it straight. Feel free to save this thread and throw it back in my face in the future, but it won't happen :twisted:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you should have made a new thread for this. get everybody fired up! i'm happy as hell to have woodson. if it was between lavar and woodson, i think we came out on top. harris or woodson... pick your poison. HELL YA *****, IT'S GONNA BE AN EXCITING SEASON!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey joker thanks for all that... i too am pumped about him, if he like you says is sincere about the things he has stated lately.

I think with al harris and charles woodson covering, theres gonna be a lot of passes up the middle to tight ends... where good old hawk and barnett will be waiting. if our d-line proves anything this year... we could be seriously hard to handle on D.

by the way joker if you wanna follow woodson, and become a packers fan.... your more than welcome, we got plenty of room.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh I'm following him, thanks for the invite. I'll still have a soft spot for Oakland, as I'm sure Wood will too, but it's time to start anew. I really think a change of scenery is what he needed most.

Just so y'all know: he thinks he's the best in the game, and I've always thought that with him. If the coaches can find a way to keep his interest--meaning some plays on offense, returning punts, inserting him at free safety on third and long, letting him blitz, and allowing him to roam freely out there on defense, among other things--then you'll see what I've seen through his three years at UM and eight years in Oakland: a guy who plays hardcore as soon as he steps on the field, a legitimate threat no matter where you plug him in, and a guy who stays true to himself and his teammates. If you can shed the negative criticisms constantly heaped on him by journalists, jaded Raider fans, and people who can't think for themselves, then you'll see a real football player out there.

I think the biggest thing going for him is Nick Barnett. I can't remember the last impact linebacker for Oakland, and Charles had to make up for that every single Sunday. By himself, considering his supporting cast was a dwindling ball of fat named Sapp, rookie OLBs and a MLB who could lay the hammer but that's all, a safety who peaked in college and a bunch of rookie corners. Unfortunately he was injured this past year and couldn't reap the rewards of Burgess's pass rush, something he hasn't seen in a long time.

I could go on for hours, so I should probably lay off a little until at least one day of minicamp has passed :)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

~TheJoker~ said:
Oh I'm following him, thanks for the invite. I'll still have a soft spot for Oakland, as I'm sure Wood will too, but it's time to start anew. I really think a change of scenery is what he needed most.

Just so y'all know: he thinks he's the best in the game, and I've always thought that with him. If the coaches can find a way to keep his interest--meaning some plays on offense, returning punts, inserting him at free safety on third and long, letting him blitz, and allowing him to roam freely out there on defense, among other things--then you'll see what I've seen through his three years at UM and eight years in Oakland: a guy who plays hardcore as soon as he steps on the field, a legitimate threat no matter where you plug him in, and a guy who stays true to himself and his teammates. If you can shed the negative criticisms constantly heaped on him by journalists, jaded Raider fans, and people who can't think for themselves, then you'll see a real football player out there.

I think the biggest thing going for him is Nick Barnett. I can't remember the last impact linebacker for Oakland, and Charles had to make up for that every single Sunday. By himself, considering his supporting cast was a dwindling ball of fat named Sapp, rookie OLBs and a MLB who could lay the hammer but that's all, a safety who peaked in college and a bunch of rookie corners. Unfortunately he was injured this past year and couldn't reap the rewards of Burgess's pass rush, something he hasn't seen in a long time.

I could go on for hours, so I should probably lay off a little until at least one day of minicamp has passed :)

Thanks for the info........Charles! :lol:

just kidding....it's nice to get a perspective from someone who follows him so closely!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TEs accross the middle?

Hello from the "Welcome Wagon":

Nick Collins
Marquand Manuel
AJ Hawk
Nick Barnett
Abdul Hodge

Oooooooouuuuuuuuchhhh...that has gotta hurt!!

We will truly put the "black and blue" back into this division.

Thanks for the info, Joker. Welcome.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

digsthepack said:
TEs accross the middle?

Hello from the "Welcome Wagon":

Nick Collins
Marquand Manuel
AJ Hawk
Nick Barnett
Abdul Hodge

Oooooooouuuuuuuuchhhh...that has gotta hurt!!

We will truly put the "black and blue" back into this division.

Thanks for the info, Joker. Welcome.

Sounds pretty impressive doesn't it........uh.......except the part about Marquand Manuel :lol:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK...DePack...enough of your Mr. Sourpuss routine.....geez...you find out you contracted sabre tooth crotch crickets or something???

What kind of wager might you and I make with regard to Manuel's performance this year?

Obviously, the prize will be beer...that is a given. But what criteria might we establish as to who wins the amber nectar from heaven?

Thoughts from others, and witness to the bet are welcome.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ew me pick me !!

ill be a witness and i think the parameters should be this.

marguand manuel makes 1 tackle you win....
marquand manuel makes 0 tackles depack wins

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

digsthepack said:
I can do that, packnic! LOL

DePack...thoughts?

You're on!!!!!

Seriously, I got nothing against Manuel. Obviously I hope he is a stud. I just don't think he is THAT much of an upgrade and I really don't think his name strikes fear into TE's going across the middle....YET!!!

How's that?

Besides, you know any bet between us will have to be worded in a way that both of us are able to imbibe in a few!

Damn, all this talk about beer is going to make me knock off work early, shame.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got my worries about Manuel myself, DePack.

The whole "no interception" thing makes people freak out.

But TT drafted him, DC Sanders coached him in college. They know something about this kid. He helped them get to the superbowl last year replacing an injured safety.

If Roman IS better, then put Roman in(oh god...im gonna be sick), but TT and even Holmgren had nothing but great things to say about this kid. Put him in the right system(Bates System) and he could flourish. Time will tell though. But I wont bury him just yet. Even Carroll got the benefit of the doubt from me...and he broke my heart. I hope manuel doesnt.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tell you what... i got a bet.

if marquand manuel plays one minute in a preseason game.... ill drink a case of miller high life light. and if he doesnt play a minute.... ill only drink 23.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
I've got my worries about Manuel myself, DePack.

The whole "no interception" thing makes people freak out.

But TT drafted him, DC Sanders coached him in college. They know something about this kid. He helped them get to the superbowl last year replacing an injured safety.

If Roman IS better, then put Roman in(oh god...im gonna be sick), but TT and even Holmgren had nothing but great things to say about this kid. Put him in the right system(Bates System) and he could flourish. Time will tell though. But I wont bury him just yet. Even Carroll got the benefit of the doubt from me...and he broke my heart. I hope manuel doesnt.

I didn't know Sanders coached him in college :?:

Is Bates system the same one he played in college?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts