DuJuan Harris sells Packers on his abilities

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
"I think he's kind of a 'Transformer,' " quarterback Aaron Rodgers said recently. "There's more than meets the eye with DuJuan. He's a very tough guy. He's got great athleticism, agility; he makes some great jump cuts.

"He's a little guy, but he's tough. You have to give him a lot of credit. He's learned the offense the last few weeks and studied, obviously, and the package for him is just going to continue to grow."

Shortly before Harris was signed, running backs coach Alex Van Pelt was informed by the personnel department that he was going to be given a new guy to train. He had just lost Cedric Benson for the year and Starks for at least a month, so his mind was on the guys already in the meeting room.
That is, until he actually met Harris, face-to . . . well, let's just say in person.

"They just told me, 'You have a new guy named DuJuan and he'll be in there today,' " said Van Pelt, a 6-1 former NFL quarterback. "He was just different than other body types we've had, which is good. Once he stepped on the practice field that first week, it was, 'OK, I see something to him.' He's a talented runner."

In the five weeks Harris was on the practice squad, he opened eyes serving both as a look-team cornerback for the offense and a running back for the defense. With his Rubik's Cube body frame, stylish dreadlocks and on-field chattiness, Harris quickly became a favorite among his teammates.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesone. I think he will be the next back that will go 100 yards for us. He can get most of it with one carry so close to breaking one.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
While I think its great DuJuan wants to return to the car dealership in the offseason because it could help prepare him for life after football, I hope the Packers offer him a new contract that will pay him to stay in Green Bay during the offseason. His life after football plan will be a lot easier if he stays in Green Bay to train and more important to become completely immersed in the play book.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I hope he is given a new contract as well, just hope his new found "hunger" does not disappear after a bigger paycheck.....like it seems to do with a lot of guys these days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts