DuJuan Harris; anyone else excited by the little fella?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm impressed so far. He's like a bullet through paper. Sure looks good in slo-mo.
I can't wait to see more of him.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excited, no. I am happy to see another RB option that might turn into something good, but I won't get excited until he starts taking on a more prominent role in the offense and in turn continues to make good use of those opportunities.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excited, no.
Hmm.... well El Guapo may not be excited about the little guy, but Aaron Rodgers is.

“Excited about 26,” Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said after the game, referring to Harris by his jersey number.
I think he brings a little something extra there. He’s been doing it in practice. Give him a lot of credit."

H

HardRightEdge

Hmm.... well El Guapo may not be excited about the little guy, but Aaron Rodgers is.

“...a little something extra there...

Yeah, that's what you hope for. 5 to 10 carries, change of pace, some productivity. He was on the field for 7 snaps, carried the ball 7 times. We haven't seen if he can block or catch at all. You can't run a guy out there JUST to run; defenses figure that out right quick.

I mean, how many times are folks going to get worked up about guys who show flashes (Gurley, So'oto, et. al.) before they've had a chance to display their warts? I can see it now...Harris misses a block and Rodgers gets blown up; or Harris fumbles the ball at the goal line; or Harris drops a screen with open field ahead...he'll then be designated a bum, even if that too is an overreaction.

"Excitement" is a nice emotion to be expressed by a QB for a young player. You would not want him to say, "I'm guardedly optimistic about an added dimension he can provide." I'm guardedly optimistic, myself.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All 3 backs looked solid. Green looked powerful. The little guy, too. And the line was opening holes. I hope it continues. I'd love to run out the clock against the Bears, literally.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want my 5''8" RB's to be relied on to be blockers, like Sproles, Ray Rice, use them as runners and pass-catchers.

Defenses will quickly know when he;s on the field this week, they will expect runs.
So McCarthy has to run some play-actions with him early, and take advantage of that tendency.

H

HardRightEdge

We list Harris at 5'8", 205 lbs., but he was measured at the Combine at 5'7", 197 lbs. The 205 lbs. might be accurate since guys often gain weight in pro programs, but they probably don't get taller.

The point being, should we be calling him a "little guy"? Short, yes. Lbs./inch says not so little.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'm excited about anyone who can run that fast and give us hopefully another weapon. I think he could be a change of pace back for us. I don't expect him to carry a heavy load but what's not to like so far?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I don't want my 5''8" RB's to be relied on to be blockers, like Sproles, Ray Rice, use them as runners and pass-catchers.

Defenses will quickly know when he;s on the field this week, they will expect runs.
So McCarthy has to run some play-actions with him early, and take advantage of that tendency.
That's what chop blocks are for lol.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We list Harris at 5'8", 205 lbs., but he was measured at the Combine at 5'7", 197 lbs. The 205 lbs. might be accurate since guys often gain wait in pro programs, but they probably don't get taller.

The point being, should we be calling him a "little guy"? Short, yes. Lbs./inch says not so little.
I'm glad he's 5'7" and not 5'8"!
He's got the muscle, strength, mass as you say, but on a shorter frame. It makes it harder to get a good lick on the little fella down low..... and (PRAY) harder for guys to get him in the knees which is always my nightmare for any RB, or player actually.

I'd like to see an average game breakdown like this, for carries, for our remaining 3 regular season games, 2 playoff games, and 1 Super Bowl win:

Avg Carries
Alex Green 10 for 42 yards
DuJuan Harris 9 for 47 yards
Ryan Grant 4 for 17 yards
John Koon 2 for 5 yards

More than anything, I want to see any of them pop an occasional LONG run. Get the defenses THINKING about the run. And making em pay if they do not.

This just in:
Da Bearz.

Still suck.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't be for certain on this, but I'm pretty sure Harris would kick your *** if you called him "little fella."

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like what he brings,it will give defenses something to think about. 3 R.B.S anyone of them ready to take it too the house,I do like how he keeps on truckin.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Neither Ced Benson or Ryan Grant have a place in our future.
You can add the oft injured Starks to that list. Also Kuhn as a RB. That gimmick is done too. I'll hold on to my opinion on Green 'til next season. He is still working his way back from last year's injury.

Members online

Latest posts